Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,371 members, 7,829,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study - Jobs/Vacancies (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study (203829 Views)

What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? / Job Seekers: What Course Did U Study? / Job Seekers: What Jobs Can You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study by Mrgreatness(m): 6:37pm On Aug 14, 2019
Rhyah:

Gathering info when I stumbled on this... No Registration at the moment... You can read up stuffs on their site to get more details... Heard it'll cost over 200k for the 18months duration... and then certificate fee too... I'm interested as well... Quote me if you get more details
plz who told you its up to 200k ,is it that expensive when you get any info contact me. victor.ibeh@unn.edu.ng .
Re: Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study by Nreebge: 7:01pm On Aug 14, 2019
B.Sc (Ed) Accounting
M Ed Administration and Planning
Seriously in need of a job either as a School Admin, Accounts Teacher etc.
Re: Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study by qanda: 7:16pm On Aug 14, 2019
#GetAJobChallenge

Do you remember the lady who stood by the road side in Lekki and held a banner with the caption, ‘Help, I need a Job?’ Desperate times calls for ‘creative’ measures! It breaks my heart to hear about graduates who have graduated for 5 years+ without landing a Job. There are individuals who complain of not being invited for job interviews after submitting several applications, others attend multiple interviews but never seem to get an offer. Some others get stuck with underpaying jobs. What is the surest way to land a Job? Consider the suggestions below

1. CREATE A VIDEO THAT HIGHLIGHTS YOUR CAPABILITY
The potency of this idea depends on the kind of role you are applying for. It resonates with job roles that require confidence, ability to communicate effectively, speak fluently and ability to make presentations. Rather than just put these attributes on your CV, how about you demonstrate and share them with your potential employer and contacts? Consider this idea for job roles in Sales and Marketing and Public relations. For insights, check out Neil petals website to see some of his videos.

This task would require considerable effort and time but would it be worth it? I leave you to think about it.

2. RESEARCH
How much information do you have about your dream job and prospective employers? What do they do? Who are their competitors? What is their competitive advantage? How does their products compare with their competitors? When you get a chance to interview with your dream employer, you must demonstrate why you are the best candidate for the role. Make them ‘regret’ asking you questions like, “What value can you add to our company…”, “Why should we hire you…” , “How are you different from the other candidates….”

Conduct a research on your choice company, see how they compare with their competitors. Connect with their management staff on LinkedIn, introduce yourself and request for a meeting to share your findings with them.

Install Q and A App from Playstore to get on-demand job vacancy notice, access CV samples and materials that would prepare you for your next job interview
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tolu.qanda

3. VOLUNTEER

Many successful men and women got their breakthrough while volunteering. Volunteering gives you an opportunity to serve, learn and meet people. Look out for volunteering opportunities that would help you develop and showcase your talent. If you do not find a volunteer opportunity, create one by identifying and writing selected organizations. Introduce yourself and request for a volunteer role. Highlight your skills and indicate that you are willing to serve at no cost to the company.

4. NETWORK
The art of networking and building relationships is a great skill that can be learnt. In eight years, I have worked with 6 organizations, most of these opportunities were referrals. A lot of employers want to avoid the stress of screening hundreds, thousand applicants to fill a handful job openings – they prefer referrals.

There is a saying that, “Your Network is your Networth”. Are you actively and consciously building your network? How many Human Resource Personnel’s, Managing Directors, Entrepreneurs do you have on your contact list?

Review your contacts and make a list of individuals who have the influence to link you with a job opportunity. Send them a mail that details your skills and the type of opportunities you seek.

Do not be one of those whose response to “What type of job are you looking out for” is “Any Job”.

5. CHANGE JOBS

This advise is for people who are underpaid or lack motivation on their current job despite being a highflyer and giving the organization their best. From my work experience, the typical Nigerian employer is willing to pay a new staff higher salary than an existing staff (for the same job role). The way out is to leave your current organization for another one. However, before you leave, you must be sure of the value you can offer.

Before you leave, make sure you have attained a near indispensable level by delivering on your KPIs consistently and learn about the overall organization operations...… know beyond your job title permits.

6. LEARN ABOUT THE JOBS FOR THE FUTURE

Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Virtual/Argumented Reality are considered as knowledge areas that defines the Jobs for the future. Acquiring knowledge in these areas would set you apart and give you an edge.

Do not ever give up on yourself or your dream.
NEVER GIVE UP!

When you land your choice job, do not forget to share your success here.

1 Like

Re: Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study by Ucylious(f): 8:54am On Dec 11, 2019
I studied Microbiology, I stay in Port Harcourt... won't mind relocating though
Re: Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study by revtim131: 9:33am On Dec 11, 2019
B. Sc Biochemistry with good knowledge and experience in medical laboratory Diagnosis
Re: Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study by Xplendour(f): 10:08am On Dec 11, 2019
Estate management
OND
Re: Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 11, 2019
Business education (Accounting option)Bsc(Be.d)
Re: Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study by dafedon(m): 3:19pm On Dec 11, 2019
VACANCY: Market Developer
A Major player in the Lubricants industry is looking to fill the above position with suitable and qualified candidates.

• Minimum Qualification: OND / NCE
• Experience Level: Beginner
• Experience Length: Below 2 years

Interested applicants should kindly apply by using the link below
https://forms.gle/FT63Bc7WzCK4Bdq5A

PLEASE NOTE: Application closes on 20th December 2019
Re: Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study by eshadiamond(f): 4:19pm On Dec 11, 2019
HND- Human resource management- Upper credit
Re: Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study by Mrgreatness(m): 10:03am On Mar 25, 2020
Rhyah:

Gathering info when I stumbled on this... No Registration at the moment... You can read up stuffs on their site to get more details... Heard it'll cost over 200k for the 18months duration... and then certificate fee too... I'm interested as well... Quote me if you get more details
plz have you gotten any info
Re: Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study by Rhyah(f): 6:50pm On Mar 25, 2020
Mrgreatness:
plz have you gotten any info
My WhatsApp number 08158704105

No...Haven't even followed up in months...Not sure I really want to take that route again...tentative though...
Check their website for info...

1 Like

Re: Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study by Mrgreatness(m): 3:02pm On Mar 27, 2020
Rhyah:

No...Haven't even followed up in months...Not sure I really want to take that route again...tentative though...
Check their website for info...
Do u have an alternative I studied chemistry ,so I'm not qualified to b licensed now
Let me know plz
Re: Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study by Kennyprince: 4:51pm On Mar 27, 2020
Philosophy.

Can work in the class, as a counsellor and as an administrator or marketer. I am Lagos
Re: Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study by Papacypaul(m): 5:26pm On Mar 27, 2020
ND Civil Engineering (Lower Credit) HND Civil Engineering (Upper Credit) B. Eng Civil Engineering (iv) (First Class)

2 Likes

Re: Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study by Rhyah(f): 6:51pm On Mar 27, 2020
Mrgreatness:
Do u have an alternative I studied chemistry ,so I'm not qualified to b licensed now
Let me know plz

None...
Re: Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study by LaurieBrian(f): 3:38pm On Mar 28, 2020
I have Bsc Ed Political Science
I reside in Benin,pls any recommendations will be appreciated
Re: Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study by fairlyisabel(f): 4:39pm On Mar 28, 2020
I studied Religious and cultural studies ( BA)
Re: Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study by fairlyisabel(f): 4:44pm On Mar 28, 2020
I studied Sociology/ Anthropology (National Diploma) Plus Religious and cultural studies ( BA)
Re: Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study by kingsoholdings(m): 4:52pm On Mar 28, 2020
I studied Agricultural Engineering with twelve years experience in Teaching
Re: Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study by Admitwithschola: 7:36pm On Mar 28, 2020
Papacypaul:
ND Civil Engineering (Lower Credit)
HND Civil Engineering (Upper Credit)
B. Eng Civil Engineering (iv) (First Class)

Interesting progression...

What do you do now?
Re: Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study by Papacypaul(m): 8:56pm On Mar 28, 2020
Admitwithschola:

Interesting progression...

What do you do now?
Thanks, however, the B. Eng is in view, but i am in 500lvl at Ahmadu Bello University Zaria. And all things being equal, i will get first class. Anything for me?
Re: Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study by Liposure: 11:52am On May 13, 2020
fairlyisabel:
I studied Sociology/ Anthropology (National Diploma) Plus Religious and cultural studies ( BA)
u tried. I wish u the best
Re: Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study by ndyfaby: 12:01pm On May 13, 2020
Thanks for your insight for your fantastic posting. ONLINE COURSES 2020 FOR INTERNATIONALS STUDENTS interested students can apply
Re: Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study by Nobody: 8:13am On May 21, 2020
surveying and geoinformatics
Re: Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study by Katey93: 8:18am On May 07, 2021
My name is Ekaette Udo Ikwe. HND in Accounting
Re: Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study by yetunsbay(m): 8:31am On May 07, 2021
Those that studied Banking and Finance is there really any opportunities. Like that sector isn't regulated at all with respect to those who get the field
Re: Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study by Johnken1234: 8:40am On May 07, 2021
HND Accounting
Re: Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study by taovicrape(m): 4:30pm On Apr 02, 2022
building technology (HND)
Re: Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study by tunddy(m): 3:45pm On Apr 04, 2022
I studied and Have a BSc in physics
Re: Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study by EnnaG(f): 11:29pm On Apr 05, 2022
Bsc Physiotherapy

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (Reply)

Lagos State Local Government Service Commission Recruitment 2017 / NERC Recruitment: What's the update? / Petroleum Training Institute (PTI) Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.