Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,648 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? (54435 Views)

Job Seekers: What Course Did U Study? / What Course Did You Study / Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by austinemar: 10:08pm On Apr 30, 2013
Hello nairalanders, i would like to believe that at dis point in our careers, we can offer our advice to anyone who wish to build a career for him/herself. Talking about choosing a course in the university, what course would you not advise anyone to study?....

i have a list of courses but lets hear from u guys first.....Please this thread is intended for only serious minded individuals

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Phonon: 10:38pm On Apr 30, 2013
This question is one that has many answers.In an ideal situation,people should study what they believe they have the flair and aptitude for.Nigeria does present peculiar circumstances.The economic reality on the ground has to match your choice of what course to study.I see many young people who have the intelligence to be rocket scientists studying Medicine (with all due respect to the profession).Parents are the number one problem because they push their naive children into studying what they think would give them a job immediately they graduate without finding out if their children have the ability to handle such.The usual suspects:Medicine,Law,Engineering,Accounting.

I would not say there is any course that is 'bad' to study but it would not make any sense to study Anthropology in Nigeria and after graduation you start complaining that you have not found a job.
Our universities churn out a large number of engineering,medical and law graduates yearly and the key question is,"how many of these graduates work in an organisation directly related to their field of study?"

The best way to know what course to study(if your interest is to get a meal ticket after graduation) is to take a look at the present job market and see if your desired course is in high demand.If it is not,GOOD LUCK.

23 Likes

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by dearestsewa(f): 11:12pm On Apr 30, 2013
@Phonon, infact u spoke my mind. Hw can u study archeology or classics or sm obsolete courses &xpect a job wen u wl b competing wt informatn tech, law, finance mgt tech grads? My advice, google d jobs in demand by 2030, choose d one u lyk and study ahead of it. I also did dat research few days ago.

4 Likes

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Malubi(m): 7:25am On May 01, 2013
dearestsewa: @Phonon, infact u spoke my mind. Hw can u study archeology or classics or sm obsolete courses &xpect a job wen u wl b competing wt informatn tech, law, finance mgt tech grads? My advice, google d jobs in demand by 2030, choose d one u lyk and study ahead of it. I also did dat research few days ago.
Archeology and or History.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Temismith(f): 7:47am On May 01, 2013
Mortuary science
law edu
craze maintainance
etc.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Phonon: 8:01am On May 01, 2013
It all depends on the career goals of the individual.If one is interested in following the lecturing route or wants to pursue graduate studies in another country and decide to settle there,then study whatever course you want.

If you want a job here after you graduate,choose wisely.

1 Like

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by austinemar: 8:50am On May 01, 2013
doin justis to dis topic i must coment. Anthropology(study of insect)for sure will not sell in dis country, fact! Pls i need more examples coz we wil be helpin someone out there

2 Likes

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by thegame(m): 10:48am On May 01, 2013
austinemar: doin justis to dis topic i must coment. Anthropology(study of insect)for sure will not sell in dis country, fact! Pls i need more examples coz we wil be helpin someone out there
damn.how will u define anthropology as the study of insect? i dont think you are a graduate. smiley

27 Likes

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Dr9ce(m): 10:53am On May 01, 2013
Entomology not anthropolgy is d study of insects

4 Likes

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by austinemar: 2:39pm On May 01, 2013
Oops! Apologies.....my alma mata used to offer parasitology & entomology, was kinda minsing entomology wif antropology.... Am not a dullard & am a graduate of one of the best skuls in nig. Talkin to u!

1 Like

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by ernperookeke: 3:43pm On May 01, 2013
PHILOSOPHY grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 01, 2013
Philosophy
History
Fishery
Zoology (how someone could go ahead to get a PhD in this field is beyond me)
Forestry

angry angry angry angry angry

15 Likes

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by ebucha: 3:45pm On May 01, 2013
History
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 01, 2013
austinemar: Hello nairalanders, i would like to believe that at dis point in our careers, we can offer our advice to anyone who wish to build a career for him/herself. Talking about choosing a course in the university, what course would you not advise anyone to study?....

i have a list of courses but lets hear from u guys first.....Please this thread is intended for only serious minded individuals

None. I believe in God and I know that no matter what course you study or what grade you finish with, at the end of the day what matters is how smart you are... How you can deliver and your personality.

At the spiritual level, all that matters is the hand of God.

10 Likes

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by TVTKOKO(m): 3:46pm On May 01, 2013
Akara and bread course

1 Like

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by nairaman66(m): 3:46pm On May 01, 2013
My best bet would be- Zoology!! It can make someone crazy and irrational.. We all have a case in point.. I didn't say anything.., I didn't call GEJ's name ooO!! grin

3 Likes

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by kunle86(m): 3:48pm On May 01, 2013
Agric engineering.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Richy4(m): 3:49pm On May 01, 2013
Hausa,Igbo or Yoruba unless you want to be a local news caster. then it is cool. you can always do Masters degree in Hausa grin

5 Likes

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Dee60: 3:50pm On May 01, 2013
Rocket Science.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 01, 2013
none

1 Like

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by denony(m): 3:50pm On May 01, 2013
Geology -
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by DJDOLA(m): 3:51pm On May 01, 2013
Medcine

3 Likes

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by destino24(m): 3:52pm On May 01, 2013
it all depends on someone's passion

1 Like

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Lagusta(m): 3:53pm On May 01, 2013
Traditional religion... undecided
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 01, 2013
ItsModella: Philosophy
History
Fishery
Forestry

Actually as far as potential/opportunity in Nigeria goes these are not supposed to be so useless lol.

But our educational system in Nigeria is bad
so..

1 Like

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 01, 2013
I will advice you to study information technology or Nursing. But never go for Nonsense course oooo like ranging from grandnut department.

2 Likes

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 01, 2013
DJDOLA: Medcine
is everything alright?

12 Likes

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by donwilly3: 3:55pm On May 01, 2013
Music because it is some1's callin
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Shaw007(m): 3:55pm On May 01, 2013
Who is That Re.tard that mentioned Geology?? . . . So we still have ignorant brains in this country!!!

Go forth and study Reservoir Engineering Instead na!!

11 Likes

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by OmichaelO: 3:57pm On May 01, 2013
kunle86: Agric engineering.
shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Lagusta(m): 3:57pm On May 01, 2013
DJDOLA: Medcine

hey!!! Thats my course, and i'm happy!!!!

1 Like

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by kennyonthrone(m): 3:58pm On May 01, 2013
ItsModella: Philosophy
History
Fishery
Forestry

philosophy shouldn't b dia its a nice course if u ve eva interacted wit u won't put it dia.....soso love dia thinkin d re grt thinkers

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Salary For Arik Air Workers / 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK / The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.