Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,121 members, 7,957,193 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:50 AM

Politicians And Hoodlums Hijack And Occupy Subsidy Strike! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politicians And Hoodlums Hijack And Occupy Subsidy Strike! (762 Views)

Ekiti Turning Land Of Horror And Hoodlums Under Fayose. / Armed Troops Invade And Occupy Venue Of Proposed MEND Meeting / Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Politicians And Hoodlums Hijack And Occupy Subsidy Strike! by efisher(m): 11:54am On Jan 10, 2012
So far, anti subsidy removal protests have been ridden with so much insincerity.

A lot of those who are at the fore front of the protests are people who have lost out one way or the other in the power struggle and are seeking ways in which to take advantage of the situation. If they were in power, would they still lead the protest? I'll just list some names and you know the history:
Dino Melaye.
Patrick Obahiagbon.
Tunde Bakare.
El Rufai.

2. The protesters themselves included hoodlums who were more interested in arson and robbery than making any point to FG. In Benin, protesters preferred to burn down a mosque. In Kano, it was burning of vans and attempted burning of Sanusi's house.

The protests have offered an opportunity to those who hold grudges against the government to showcase their grievances alongside the few honest ones like Achebe who are not doing it for any political reasons.
Re: Politicians And Hoodlums Hijack And Occupy Subsidy Strike! by asha80(m): 11:55am On Jan 10, 2012
i have always wondered about dino melaye and that his show with bicycle in abuja
Re: Politicians And Hoodlums Hijack And Occupy Subsidy Strike! by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 10, 2012
We know all this people as good ,you and your oga are evil
Re: Politicians And Hoodlums Hijack And Occupy Subsidy Strike! by efisher(m): 12:06pm On Jan 10, 2012
I am a fan of Patrick Obahiagbon and I like the man El Rufai. That doesn't stop me from stating the obvious.
Re: Politicians And Hoodlums Hijack And Occupy Subsidy Strike! by muami(m): 12:09pm On Jan 10, 2012
I agree with you.  A sincere labour union would not allow opposition party members (and even former aspirants like Bakare) to address their rally. This is because it would give political connotation to the protests. If opposition parties want to also protest, they ought to organize their own protests independent of labour.  
In the UK, despite the fact that the labour party gets a lot of money from the unions, the labour party leader refused to even categorically support the strike talkless of attending their rallies to support them.
Re: Politicians And Hoodlums Hijack And Occupy Subsidy Strike! by efisher(m): 12:13pm On Jan 10, 2012
Surprisingly, NLC & TUC who called the strike did not show any visible leadership. Where lies their interests?
Re: Politicians And Hoodlums Hijack And Occupy Subsidy Strike! by MrGlobe(m): 1:34pm On Jan 10, 2012
@Poster go and tell your slavemaster that his propaganda will not work. The people are against fuel subsidy and if it will take abacha to bring it back so be it. Stop spreading crap on this form. Ve warned you
Re: Politicians And Hoodlums Hijack And Occupy Subsidy Strike! by philip0906(m): 1:36pm On Jan 10, 2012
efiher=beaf
Re: Politicians And Hoodlums Hijack And Occupy Subsidy Strike! by efisher(m): 1:51pm On Jan 10, 2012
I love it whenever u guys roll over yourselves in "denial". You people have turned beaf into a superhero. I guess Sanusi = Beaf, Iweala = Beaf also. Nice try
Re: Politicians And Hoodlums Hijack And Occupy Subsidy Strike! by efisher(m): 5:46pm On Jan 10, 2012
Protesters in Lagos have now decided to occupy Otedola's AP. While Bakare is busy wishing death upon his president! Protesters, kindly take your process back from these wolves.

(1) (Reply)

Low Turnout As Lekki Residents Protest Tolls, Increase In Lasu Fees! / Purewater Factory Are On Strike / Belgian Power Firm Enters Nigerian Market With Quality Generators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.