Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising (23303 Views)

Shahida Sanusi On Day3 Of Her Wedding Ceremony (Photos) / Throwback Pix Of Tinubu & Remi, Fayose & Feyi And Sanusi & Sadiya / Why Saraki And Sanusi Hijacked Intercontinental Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising by dbride: 1:22pm On Jan 10, 2012
Okonjo Iweala, please all these projects can be done in phases. Start with Electricity, which is the most important now, then others can follow. You seem to be pushing Jonathan way too much all in the attempt to make a point: the president that commissioned so many projects. Fight curruption while you are fixing electricity. You want to do these projects with the same people you have said are imcompetent. I am just tired of listening to these paper economists who stick to what they learnt in schools without native sense or street wisdom.

If Jonathan cannot handle all the projects required to make 9ja like SA, USA, UK, Okonjo let him do two or three or even ONE - ELECTRICITY. Fight Curruption so that subsequent leaders will be forced to follow suit. Stop pushing him.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising by 77ken: 1:24pm On Jan 10, 2012
If the wastage in government are curbed they will save more than 2 trillion Naira in a year that could be better used in improving infrastructure across the nation.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising by damola1: 1:24pm On Jan 10, 2012
DrugDoc:

Each time I fuel up my SUV's the govt of Nigeria would pay 65 to 70 Naira per liter on my behalf. That is insane and unsustainable. My unemployed  brethren in the village don't get a tenth of what I was getting from the subsidy.  I don't even come from an oil producing community.I have not encountered an oil spill. People from oil producing communities can't run for governor in my state.  How can such nonsense not produce fraud and disaster like the so called subsidy has?  Our people admire the west,  like to go overseas and enjoy what rational and logical choices produce, but they insist on cheating and irrationality in their own dealings.  It is impossible for this subsidy to work without massive fraud, pure and simple.  I listen to and trust my technocrats Sanusi and Okonjo Iweala

I agree with you. But the problem we 've is not that we are not willing to suffer. But for whom?, where is bankole for God's sake?, where is Ibb?, Where is Obasanjo that blew $16Bn on electricity, this is the major problem. More resources means more chopping and more suffering for us,
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 10, 2012
@drugdoc the west cushion its citizens against unemployment and inflation.and they have all sorts of subsidies in place
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising by otokx(m): 1:25pm On Jan 10, 2012
wrong questions are being asked?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising by jossy26: 1:26pm On Jan 10, 2012
@Drugdoc, u are a BIG FOOL
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 10, 2012
Nigerians would not make ngozi okonjo-iweala cry on national t.v. She and sanusi are making alot of sense. Instead of protesting the removal of subsidy, why not wait a year on, if we don't see anything on ground, we ask for the resignation of president GEJ government. As for now on GEJ, iweala and sanusi i stand, let subsidy go!!!!!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising by olak2k8: 1:28pm On Jan 10, 2012
They are yearning nonsense. we have heard  all she is saying several times but to no avail. it is high time to  listen to us she  does not have monopoly of knowledge
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 10, 2012
dat moderator isn't asking the right questions abeg. Isn't' dis supposed to Be a no holds back interview?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising by M16: 1:29pm On Jan 10, 2012
can you imagine sanusi lamido saying palliatives is the medicine you give to a sick person. i beg to differ. palliatives are what you give to ease the pain of the medicine you are going to give him
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising by lynkyinka(m): 1:30pm On Jan 10, 2012
"The decision to remove subsidy has been taken long before the 2011 elections, "why didnt GEJ put this in his campaogn manifesto
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising by damola1: 1:30pm On Jan 10, 2012
Henry120:

Nigerians would not make ngozi okonjo-iweala cry on national t.v. She and sanusi are making alot of sense. Instead of protesting the removal of subsidy, why not wait a year on, if we don't see anything on ground, we ask for the resignation of president GEJ government. As for now on GEJ, iweala and sanusi i stand, let subsidy go!!!!!

No doubt these guys know their onions, however, these guys are missing it,

40Billion is with Bankole, another 100Billion is Abacha, another 500Billion is with IBB, why can't we get our money from these guys, put them in jail, And don't forget, this same fools are still in power, !, all of them, why do I have to wait 1 year, for what we already have, there's massive corruption in all levels of government,
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising by jacobs123(m): 1:31pm On Jan 10, 2012
Henry120:

since when have we been able to insist on anything? BANKOLA is still a free man. NIgeria is the only country where someone is a billionaire for just being a Government employee.

We forget that so many big companies in Nigeria do even have a Profit after TAX (PAT) of 1 billion.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising by lynkyinka(m): 1:31pm On Jan 10, 2012
"The decision to remove subsidy has been taken long before the 2011 elections, "why didnt GEJ put this in his campaogn manifesto
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising by damola1: 1:32pm On Jan 10, 2012
Can these guys guarantee me, that my money will not go down the drain again!, can they?, How many crooks are in jail, if another one steals, what will happen?, Will the God father intervene?, where is alamesiaye, he's HEADING us now!, POLITICS power is way above these technocrats power, so, really, we are still suffering for NOTHING!!!,
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising by nitrogen(m): 1:33pm On Jan 10, 2012
77ken:

If the wastage in government are curbed they will save more than 2 trillion Naira in a year that could be better used in improving infrastructure across the nation.
thank u jare,tell them,dats what we want u guyz to do first,then,
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising by Maisuya1: 1:33pm On Jan 10, 2012
Guys saying subsidy is unsustainable.

Do u now in the west pple r paid unemployment benefit? U r literarily paid money for sitting at home and being a white man, so what's wrong with our govt subsidising our fuel if they can't create jobs, not to speak of paying the unemployed some token.

The argument for subsidy removal is FUNDEMENTALLY wrong
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising by iluvnaija: 1:34pm On Jan 10, 2012
Dia argument is rubbish. If private companies build refinaries and fuel become cheap as said wont d same cheap fuel be smuggle out to neighbouring countries? I remember d days of war against indecipline dats y buhari remains d best man 4 d job. If buhari can build 3 out of 4 refinary and no one has been able to build or even repair and nigerians still voted pdp after 12yrs of misrule and expect a sudden change? I dey laff 4 french!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising by deboski4u: 1:34pm On Jan 10, 2012
i wish to align myself with this two ministers, they have spoken well, let us give GEJ One year and see the result
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 10, 2012
Ngozi is talking Bs as far as im concerned.

she just confirmed that some of these projects are already in the. budget but they just need to fast track implementation.

Thses things should have better been done in phases and not at once and we end up not achieving anything.

She admitted that government still needs to borrow some of these finances and the so called SURE fund isnt part of the budget but would still be taken from the countries crude oil sale
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising by M16: 1:36pm On Jan 10, 2012
the minister of finance is disgrace and shame. is this the woman that is being touted as the saviour of our economy. She sounds like a local government chairmanship candidate.

No facts and figures, can't articulate herself and looks like an overbloated frog.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising by abhosts(m): 1:36pm On Jan 10, 2012
Sanusi's 4 Year Tenure is ending soon. Would GEJ repay his Loyalty by giving him an extra term?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising by whitehawk(m): 1:36pm On Jan 10, 2012
Please people Ngozi and Lamido are NOT  POLITICIANS.

They are are on your SIDE fighting CORRUPTION but our emotions are clouding our judgement.
Sanusi had been shouting since last year that the Federal Government is made to pay the PERSONAL expenses of the National Assembly members.

Whatever the subsidy N1.3 trillion or whatever, Pastor Bakare told us yesterday that the subsidy will be shared by the Federal State and Local governments.

If you do not trust the Federal Government, the State  Government and your Local Government then there is a real issue.

Yet after all the rhetoric, it is government workers that will CLEAN the streets of the filth that the protesters left behind.

With one breath we hate governments but some are doing quite well within the limits of their BUDGETS.

You reading this post MOST LIKELY send your children to private schools. Why not to SUBSIDIZED government schools ? Because subsidies killed our public education at all levels.

Your PHCN energy is subsidized and that is why it does Not and will not work.
Obasanjo did NOT blow US$16 billion on subsidy. His NIPP plan was on course until, wait for it, the NLC and The House of Reps (Ndudi Elumelu) started a useless probe that deraile the program. The same NLC is till stalling the program

Please remeber that there are processes and procedures for PUNISHING SUSPECTS. Speaker Bankole was alleged to have borrowed N40 billion, after spending the enire budgetary allocation, to spend on the members of the House of Reps. The case is in court (Judiciary). A fpormer Minister of Works is in court for stealing N70 billion.

People GEJ Cannot just ORDER that such and such be locked up. He can't.

Yes we are outraged but we have to work within processes.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 10, 2012
Why is the bloody liar comparing us to Ghana. How big are those ones in OPEC? Dis woman really has lost It.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising by hollandis(f): 1:38pm On Jan 10, 2012
I never knew sanusi was this dull
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising by jacobs123(m): 1:38pm On Jan 10, 2012
NOI are you sure your children are not American citizens?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising by kushe: 1:39pm On Jan 10, 2012
dont be fooled by how well spoken sanusi is and how motherly okonjo iweala looks.

nothing ever changed , nothing is changing and nothing will ever change despite how articulate people in government are

i admire the way they support each other on the points raised though
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising by letustalk(m): 1:39pm On Jan 10, 2012
the only concern i have is that only proponents of the government were invited with no counters whatsoever. in effect, their articulations will seem to hold sway on the show. i am surprised that AIT invited them alone when seasoned and knowledgeable actors could be on the program to tackle canvassed points.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising by jacobs123(m): 1:40pm On Jan 10, 2012
abhosts:

Sanusi's 4 Year Tenure is ending soon. Would GEJ repay his Loyalty by giving him an extra term?

Sanusi has a 5 year tenure!!!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising by muami(m): 1:42pm On Jan 10, 2012
Mai-suya:

Guys saying subsidy is unsustainable.

Do u now in the west pple r paid unemployment benefit? U r literarily paid money for sitting at home and being a white man, so what's wrong with our govt subsidising our fuel if they can't create jobs, not to speak of paying the unemployed some token.

The argument for subsidy removal is FUNDEMENTALLY wrong
Benefits are paid from oney collected from taxes including a FUEL TAX. In other words, there is no subsidy in the UK. Rather, the govt taxes fuel to raise money to pay benefits and run the govt. How many Nigerians pay taxes?
In any event, even the benefits syvtem in the UK is being reformed to make it more sustainable. As a result, benefits are now only paid to those who are genuinely unable to work due to a medical condition and those who have made efforts to look for work. in other words, if you just sit at home without making any effort to find work, the govt stops your benefits.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 10, 2012
NOI seems to be the problem of Nigeria
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising by M16: 1:42pm On Jan 10, 2012
They keep using Ghana as an example. Ghanian government has done a lot to improve the lives of its people. they have earned the trust and confidence of it's people.
It has improved power supply, created jobs, made Ghana attractive to investors.
When all this were put in place, the government now decided to remove the subsidy without the people protesting. The people trust and believe the Government will do the right thing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Re-appoints Boss Mustapha and Abba Kyari. / Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola / Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.