Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,213 members, 7,839,131 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal (2040 Views)

Did Buhari Say That ACN Governors Are Corrupt? / ACN Governors Are Corrupt- General Buhari / Are Acn Governors Over Hyped? Are They Different From The Usual Naija Politician (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal by Nchara: 4:16pm On Jan 10, 2012
Why is Tinubu and the ACN party not protesting the fuel subsidy removal?
Why are they not on the streets?
Open your eyes: Wale Tinubu connection
Ordinary Nigerians who love to protest, please do so carefully with your minds and eyes screwed on well
Some goons are leading you to your graves. Don't be a sucker.

ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal. Hence they are not protesting it. They say something else in public to please their ignorant masses but do something else in secret. They were part of the governors forum that initiated the subsidy removal in the first place.
Re: Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal by hercules07: 4:20pm On Jan 10, 2012
You can not stop being tribalistic abi, who cares if Tinubu is not protesting, we are doing our bit, I suggest you read some of General Patton's speeches to his troops, especially the most famous one, it will teach you to stand up for your rights.
Re: Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal by Nchara: 4:30pm On Jan 10, 2012
hercules07:

You can not stop being tribalistic abi, who cares if Tinubu is not protesting, we are doing our bit, I suggest you read some of General Patton's speeches to his troops, especially the most famous one, it will teach you to stand up for your rights.

Why is he not protesting? Answer the question or take a hike, fool.
Re: Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal by Nchara: 5:48pm On Jan 10, 2012
If the main opposition party does not have a visible stand/presence in the protest, what else matters?

I dey laugh in Obasanjo lingo
Re: Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal by hercules07: 6:35pm On Jan 10, 2012
Tinubu might support fuel subsidy removal, he might be in solidarity with ACN governors that need the money to develop their states, I do not take my moral compass from what Tinubu does, I have a brain and I use it, Tinubu is doing his thing and I am doing my thing, by the way, I am not a fool.
Re: Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal by ektbear: 6:38pm On Jan 10, 2012
ACN governors (and the governors more generally) obviously are not going to be in favor of keeping the fuel subsidy.

Fuel subsidy removed=> more money for them.

And who is going to be against more money to control?

However, this doesn't mean the ACN will not attempt to reap politically from this unpopular PDP move grin
Re: Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal by Nchara: 6:40pm On Jan 10, 2012
ekt_bear:

However, this doesn't mean the ACN will not attempt to [b]reap politically [/b]from this unpopular PDP move grin

What can we call that?
Re: Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal by ektbear: 6:42pm On Jan 10, 2012
Politics?

Democrats do it, Republicans do it, the ACN does it.

Isn't anything new.

if you are paying attention to the Republican primaries right now, then you are also seeing more of this game.
Re: Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal by hercules07: 6:42pm On Jan 10, 2012
We call it being smart, do you think Tinubu is a fool? The Lekki protest was hijacked by PDP goons afterall, opposition parties try as much as possible to profit from the failings of the ruling party believing that people will remember when it comes to voting in leaders.
Re: Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal by Nchara: 6:44pm On Jan 10, 2012
hercules07:

We call it being smart, do you think Tinubu is a fool? The Lekki protest was hijacked by PDP goons afterall, opposition parties try as much as possible to profit from the failings of the ruling party believing that people will remember when it comes to voting in leaders.

And what do you call those protesting and getting killed when their leaders are not protesting because they need the money but pretend about it?
Re: Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal by Nchara: 6:46pm On Jan 10, 2012
Ekt Bear:

I read where you said we should not play politics with the situation and you are talking about the gains of it here

Hahahaha!!! You see that life is not about black and white?
Re: Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal by ektbear: 6:47pm On Jan 10, 2012
Why do you think that people will only protest if the ACN tells them to?

It is human nature for people to protest against what they perceive as petrol prices doubling and gov't insensitivity.

In general, big change=>big reaction
Re: Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal by ektbear: 6:50pm On Jan 10, 2012
Na wa o

So you think "fuel parasite", "your ethnic group is a parasite because you are protesting" is comparable to this?

I didn't know that appealing to racism, bigotry and crude ethnic sentiment was an acceptable part of playing politics
Re: Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal by Nchara: 6:56pm On Jan 10, 2012
ekt_bear:

Why do you think that people will only protest if the ACN tells them to?

It is human nature for people to protest against what they perceive as petrol prices doubling and gov't insensitivity.

In general, big change=>big reaction

And big cover up from the opposition party
Re: Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal by Nchara: 6:58pm On Jan 10, 2012
ekt_bear:

Na wa o

So you think "fuel parasite", "your ethnic group is a parasite because you are protesting" is comparable to this?

I didn't know that appealing to racism, bigotry and crude ethnic sentiment was an acceptable part of playing politics

Comparable to similar statements against those not protesting. I want to believe you too are not suffering from selective amnesia: seeing only those things you like to see.
Re: Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal by karlmax2: 7:05pm On Jan 10, 2012
Nchara:
Ekt Bear:

I read where you said we should not play politics with the situation and you are talking about  the gains of it here

Why do Ʊ want to argue with this people at lest with ekt bears answer we can all deduse that the protest is also political some politicians are also fueling undergrond to gain cheap political point!!! Moreover the governors forum as an agreement to pay the 18k minimum wage one of their request to be able to the wage is removal of subsidy today some goons come here to tell us is Imf and NOI.thank God the SS and the SE are watching on and seeing the political angle this protest is taking people like bakare on national TV is predicting that Goodluck would die in government when the ex niger delta militants said they have info that plans are on to assasinate GEJ some fools said is a lie we are watching event unfold if GEJ is harmed this so called occupy nigeria would be a childs play
Re: Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal by ektbear: 7:06pm On Jan 10, 2012
Show me statements by prominent, respected SW folk either here on NL or in RL against those not protesting.

I'm not talking about idle statements made by random crackpots (of which Yorubaland like any other place has many.)
Re: Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal by ektbear: 7:08pm On Jan 10, 2012
Tunde Bakare doesn't speak for me or the SW in general.

Dude was even taking shots at the ACN while he was the CPC VP candidate.

I washed my hands of him months ago.
Re: Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal by Nchara: 7:11pm On Jan 10, 2012
ekt_bear:

Show me statements by prominent, respected SW folk either here on NL or in RL against those not protesting.

I'm not talking about idle statements made by random crackpots (of which Yorubaland like any other place has many.)

Who is prominent and who is not?
Are bluetooth, Dayokanu, Rhino (whareva), Negro (whareva) 2mch etc etc (indeed too numerous to mention) not prominent?

What about you already playing politics on this thread (you response are laced with politics)?
Re: Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal by hercules07: 7:12pm On Jan 10, 2012
@Nchara

I call them fighting for their rights, do you know how many people died for this democracy? How old were you when people were dying on Ikorodu road fighting Babangida and Abacha in 1993? Please do not pretend to feel any empathy for those protesting as we know where you stand, take a cue from Beaf, he makes his stand and stands by it.
Re: Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal by Nchara: 7:14pm On Jan 10, 2012
hercules07:

@Nchara

I call them fighting for their rights, do you know how many people died for this democracy? How old were you when people were dying on Ikorodu road fighting Babangida and Abacha in 1993? Please do not pretend to feel any empathy for those protesting as we know where you stand, take a cue from Beaf, he makes his stand and stands by it.

Can those not protesting also be said to be fighting for their right to go about their own daily businesses unmolested by protesters?
Re: Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal by ektbear: 7:16pm On Jan 10, 2012
So their statements should be taken as the Official Position of the Yoruba ™?

If they are condemning people for choosing not to protest, that is their own.

Let their positions be that of them alone.
Re: Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal by hercules07: 7:17pm On Jan 10, 2012
@Nchara

Those not protesting have a right to go about their daily business, there is no compulsion in protests or has anybody come to drag you from your house or office to protest?
Re: Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal by Nchara: 7:24pm On Jan 10, 2012
hercules07:

@Nchara

Those not protesting have a right to go about their daily business, there is no compulsion in protests or has anybody come to drag you from your house or office to protest?

Some buses taking people to places were vandalized along Lagos-Benin Expressway by protesters. What do you say to that?
Re: Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal by Nchara: 7:25pm On Jan 10, 2012
Sanusi' house, as well as the palace of Etsu Nupe, was attacked. What does that mean?
Re: Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal by Nchara: 7:27pm On Jan 10, 2012
ekt_bear:

So their statements should be taken as the Official Position of the Yoruba ™?

If they are condemning people for choosing not to protest, that is their own.

Let their positions be that of them alone.

And the statements of those opposing the protest are taken as the official position of the Igbo, yes, no?
Re: Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal by ektbear: 7:28pm On Jan 10, 2012
When was this done?
Re: Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal by Nchara: 7:29pm On Jan 10, 2012
karl max:

Nchara:
Ekt Bear:

I read where you said we should not play politics with the situation and you are talking about  the gains of it here

Why do Ʊ want to argue with this people at lest with ekt bears answer we can all deduse that the protest is also political some politicians are also fueling undergrond to gain cheap political point!!! Moreover the governors forum as an agreement to pay the 18k minimum wage one of their request to be able to the wage is removal of subsidy today some goons come here to tell us is Imf and NOI.thank God the SS and the SE are watching on and seeing the political angle this protest is taking people like bakare on national TV is predicting that Goodluck would die in government when the ex niger delta militants said they have info that plans are on to assasinate GEJ some fools said is a lie we are watching event unfold if GEJ is harmed this so called occupy nigeria would be a childs play

I am having fun and at this same time letting them see the folly in some of their actions.
Re: Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal by hercules07: 7:30pm On Jan 10, 2012
@Nchara

I say talk to the Police, do they not know their basic duty? They are meant to protect lives and citizens, instead of killing protesters, they can protect those who are ready to work.
As per the Igbo thing, most of those on NL that are against the protests are of Eastern origin, thankfully, situation on ground is different, majority of Nigerians support the strike action.
Re: Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal by Nchara: 7:36pm On Jan 10, 2012
hercules07:

@Nchara

I say talk to the Police, do they not know their basic duty? They are meant to protect lives and citizens, instead of killing protesters, they can protect those who are ready to work.
As per the Igbo thing, most of those on NL that are against the protests are of Eastern origin, thankfully, situation on ground is different, majority of Nigerians support the strike action.

Does a protester need the police to tell him not to disturb those not interested in protesting?
Re: Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal by Rhino5dm: 7:45pm On Jan 10, 2012
Politics 101.

The dunderhaed is learning the basics. I hope those guys aren't offering a free classes to this thick head? Well sha, . .let them teach the fool, may be, just may he may pick out something.
Re: Two-face: ACN governors and leaders secretly want subsidy removal by hercules07: 7:51pm On Jan 10, 2012
@Nchara

Does Jonathan need Nigerians to tell him that subsidy removal without proper palliatives is bad, does a thief need a policeman to tell him not to steal? What kind of questions are you asking here, the police is around for a reason, they either do their jobs or get out.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Northern Leader in LAgos Ask Nigerians Why They Are Not Protesting Against BH / APC Vs PDP Election / Photos: Miss Gbagyi Florence Esu Emerges Queen Of Aso Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.