Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,481 members, 7,861,388 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:24 AM

Do Long Distance Relationships Work? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Long Distance Relationships Work? (998 Views)

Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships / Do Long Distance Relationships Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Obinnau(m): 6:09am On Jan 12, 2012
Pls am in a relationship with a girl i dont know very well though i will call her on phone and she will call me but the fact remains i dont know her in person just met her in a chat site the relationship had lasted 2 months she is in lagos and i am in Enugu.[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Mynd44: 6:27am On Jan 12, 2012
Lemme be honest with you, distance cannot totaly know a person. What you need to do is to get to know her better ie get chatting on FB or YIM or anyother chat sites where you can really discuss but this can still go anyway so please be gentle with yourself and don't dream away
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Obinnau(m): 6:53am On Jan 12, 2012
Okay i usually talk with her on a chat site
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by chrishenzo: 7:55am On Jan 12, 2012
In your case, you need to work on it really hard before it can work. I don't believe it can work especially when you guys don't know each other well. Ever wonder why there are a lot of broken relationships since the invention of phones and Internet compare to when there were no such technology? It is because most men and women have forgotten the rule of relationship while thinking that uploading a picture on facebook or myspace or making a phone call will put their relationship in the right direction.

One thing I noticed in a long relationship is that the conversation soon runs dry.

The cat said cuddling of the soul,mind, and body is the secret of long lasting relationship. I wonder if you will cuddle your phone for a long time. I hope you do.

Anyway, go for it if you believe in it. Don't let someone else distract you.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Obinnau(m): 8:51am On Jan 12, 2012
Okay thanks
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by jennyching(f): 9:51am On Jan 12, 2012
If both are really single,honest and sincere then it may work out into serious stage. But the thing is the more you go deeper the more things will be difficult due to distance. U wont like to stay as online lovers forever so imagine how will u see your self after 5years of long distance relationship? Wont u feel tired waiting? Check your self if you can deal with serious relationship in a long distance relationship. It will cost time, money, and a feeling of missing whenever u feel lonely and ur bf/gf wont be able to come online,
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 12, 2012
Long distance relationships work, but it's not for everyone! It's not for people with trust issues, i.e insecurity, you want to know every move of someone you are dating, you bark orders over the phone. . . blah blah! If you can communicate effectively, understand situations and apply wisdom when dealing with some circumstances, then you are good to go. Else, you are better off with finding someone else around your locality!. . .
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Obinnau(m): 10:47am On Jan 12, 2012
Thanks all for ur suggestions
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Mynd44: 11:23am On Jan 12, 2012
You are not welcomed
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Obinnau(m): 12:19pm On Jan 12, 2012
Mynd_44:

You are not welcomed
i dey laff what made me not to be welcomed?
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by born2boink(m): 12:49pm On Jan 12, 2012
Did you forget the Nigeria footballer who died recently was preparing for a wedding witht he lady she met on facebook after they have both did the engagement, they both met on Facebook, if the guy did not die, they would have probably married because it was about 2 weeks to the wedding day before the death, what I want you to know is that nothing is impossible before God

Secondly, Ny friend bolaji, a computer science student of LASU part time found his wife from USA via dating side, He was living in Ojota, the Oyinbo woman was from USA,precise when I have been busy disturbing Nigerian girls, my guy is currently living in USA with her right now, the guy wey never reach airport before he met the lady don dey Yankee now.He was close to me, I swear
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Mynd44: 1:39pm On Jan 12, 2012
you are not welcomed because I don't like you
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by MrsChima1(f): 1:49pm On Jan 12, 2012
Nothing like being in a relationship with someone within reach. wink
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by saridonp2: 2:36pm On Jan 12, 2012
Most times seems like it would but never worked!
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Obinnau(m): 3:08pm On Jan 12, 2012
Mynd_44:

you are not welcomed because I don't like you
have we had any dealings in the past to make u hate me or do u pick up qaurrels with any body that crossed ur path?
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Mynd44: 3:12pm On Jan 12, 2012
I don't know why but I just don't like you.
Of course you know I am joking right?
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Obinnau(m): 3:23pm On Jan 12, 2012
undecidedokay
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Mynd44: 3:39pm On Jan 12, 2012
kk
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 12, 2012
Mynd_44:

Lemme be honest with you, distance cannot totaly know a person. What you need to do is to get to know her better ie get chatting on FB or YIM or anyother chat sites where you can really discuss but this can still go anyway so please be gentle with yourself and don't dream away

LIKE, OHHHH. . .EM.GEEEE!!! YOU ACTUALLY GIVE SENSIBLE ADVICE!!  cheesy cheesy grin

lol just kidding.  wink

@topic Mynd has a very good point. I would like to add though that even with that having been said, LDRs have been and can be successful. Such relationship depends HEAVILY on patience and honesty!! Without BOTH it's doomed. I can attest to that.  smiley
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by jaybee3(m): 3:56pm On Jan 12, 2012
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Basildon1(m): 3:57pm On Jan 12, 2012
It can work depending on the duration the long distance will last . Generally , it should be avoided
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 12, 2012
jay bee:

Contact lacrissa and worry no more

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-843651.0.html

one order of "lock thread" with a side order of fries, coming up!  lipsrsealed grin
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by MrsChima1(f): 4:00pm On Jan 12, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

LIKE, OHHHH. . .EM.GEEEE!!! YOU ACTUALLY GIVE SENSIBLE ADVICE!!  cheesy cheesy grin

lol just kidding.  wink

@topic Mynd has a very good point. I would like to add though that even with that having been said, LDRs have been and can be successful. Such relationship depends HEAVILY on patience and honesty!! Without BOTH it's doomed. I can attest to that.  smiley

I agree there are very few long distance relationships that works, but it depends on how frequent they see each other and what some of them can handle depending on what their partners expel through honesty.  

For some people it is best left unsaid, however they need to take in everything associated with long distance relationship if they are willing to be in one.  

If one only seen each other once and years have accumulated before the next visit it would be hard to believe they are still faithful to each other but a very few could make it.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 12, 2012
^VERY good point.
there HAS to be physical meetings and sorry to say but the more frequent they are, the higher the chance of it being successful. i'm sorry but having to save up $$, years in between for the visits won't cut it. lipsrsealed
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by jaybee3(m): 4:04pm On Jan 12, 2012
Thread locked  => Overflogged issue/ Duplicate thread
Continue here => https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-352358.96.html

(1)

Please! I Need Urgent Help / What Goes Around...... / 30 Reasons Why You Should Say Bye To Your Present Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.