Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: (15313 Views)

Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 / The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians / If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: by BERNIMOORE: 1:20am On Jan 13, 2012
WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM MISIMFORMED YOUTH BY MISCHEVIOUS POLITICIANS SEIZING THE OPPORTUNITY TO CAMPAIGN,HOW MANY NIGERIANS REALLY UNDERSTANDS SUBSIDY? IT PORTENDS NEGATIVITY TO THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE,AND THOSE WHO TRULY KNOWS THE MEANING CAPITALISE OR STRESSES ITS NEGATIVE IMPACT TO SYMPATHISE WITH THE IGNORANT AND OVERBLOW IT NOT AS TEMPORARY BUT A WAY TO SUFFER THEM, THE SUBSIDY REMOVAL IS THE BEST THING THAT CAN EVER HAPPEN TO THE COUNTRY,YES I SUPPORT.
Re: Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: by Babosa: 1:22am On Jan 13, 2012
No to subsidy removal. Yes to good governance first.
Re: Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: by Mayflowa(m): 1:28am On Jan 13, 2012
Beaf, you are one of the most sensible guys on this forum, in fact, in Nigeria as a whole. You stand for the betterment of this country. I just laugh when I hear dudes say build 6 refineries, build that as if they have given their president Money.

Read my lip. Your country is broke because all you depend on is oil and its gains are diverted by a few unrepenting Nigerian and even Foreign Companies you have shown naija way in the name of subsidy.

Your economy can never be stimulated without COMPLETE removal of subsidy. As is it, the size of Government is too large to cater for and GEJ cannot do anything about that because their are many interests. Everyone wants to be represented!

But the people can! occupy nigeria for National assembly cut. Dont go home until their is constitution review on the number of senators and honourable are reduced by constitution. It is easy for GEJ to follow the path of past leaders and be extremely rich as they were. He refused to. Pity y'all are having kicks insulting him
Re: Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: by yd849ja: 1:28am On Jan 13, 2012
@Beaf and his cohorts, if GEJ revert or ever reduces at all anytime soon, you should be courageous enough and hide away in some forgotten cave and bury your heads where sun don't shine in between your legs till eternity. I can't just bear to read your unscrupulous and uninformed biased views here any longer, it seems to me like you make all this comments to seek or attract some unnecessary Prima Donna attention to yourself. Must your arguments always be one directional? Please keep an open mind and stop been one track minded freaks!
Re: Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: by BetaThings: 1:32am On Jan 13, 2012
Beaf:

The Presidency has announced that to be among the false rumours being circulated by haters. I suggest anybody find the true state of things for themselves by utilising their FOI rights.

I didn't vote for your man, but I want a better country. That can only come about if he succeeds.
But his position is hurting him. People believed he won't do what will hurt the masses
Let him get to a quick compromise
And face some of those criminal cabals and his approval rating will shoot up
Re: Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: by Mayflowa(m): 1:36am On Jan 13, 2012
^^^
How? You are joking! rite?
Even his best friends are. Those dining with him are. You can never take the path GEJ is taking. He is a betrayal to his clique and you also crucify him. This man is a good man. He is a Nigeria Hero.
Re: Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: by Nobody: 1:36am On Jan 13, 2012
Totally not in support of subsidy removal.
Inshort, the pump price should be 15 naira, so that the trillion naira subsidy payment claims will be truly justified.
Re: Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: by shadrach77: 1:56am On Jan 13, 2012
lol! grin grin grin grin

Re: Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: by herobest: 2:00am On Jan 13, 2012
Mumu, u think say na Abacha still dey rule or should we define democracy for u! ode!

BIA NWOKE ONYE OFE MMANUA, YOU ARE A VERY BIG CARWORD BY SAYING THAT, HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU ARE NOT THE ONE WHO JUST FIXED THAT 76% MAJORITY FIGURE AND CLAIMED PEOPLE VOTED FOR IT?BY THE WAY,ARE THEY NOT YOURS BROTHERS WHO WERE THE HEAD MASTERS OF CORRUPTION?U ARE TALKING ABOUT CORRUPTION,WHO ARE THE CHIEF-MASTERS OF CORRUPTION?SINCE OUR INDEPENDENT TILL DATE WERE THEY NOT OUR CRIMINAL LEADERS?WHAT GOOD HAVE THEY DONE FOR US?IT'S YORUBA AND HAUSA ARE THEY NOT THE REASONS WHY NIGERIA ARE IN MESS,.SINCE OUR INDEPENDENT?BECAUSE GEJ HAS ENTERED TO CHOP HIS OWN NATIONAL CAKE,U REMEMBER ALL FIGURE OF 10000,POUND FOOD,4000000POUNDS SALARY.TRIBALISM,HATERED,JELOUSY THEY FOR YORUBA BLOOD WELL, TTHATS WHY U PEOPLE FACE THEY FROWN FACE AND BE ULGY LIKE CHIMPANSM?WHY DIDNOT YOU STATE THE MONEY OBASANJO,ABACHA,IBB,EVIL GENIUS AND CO ATE DURING THEIR REGIMES?BECOS GEJ IS NOT A YORUBA OR HAUSA PERSON THATS WHY YOU ARE BLACKMAILING HIM AS IF HE WAS THE WORSE PRESIDENT NIGERIA HAS EVER HAD.WHEN ABACHA WAS KILLING AND LOOTING OUR ECONOMY,BORROWING & BORROWING AND PUSHING TRILLION DOLLARS IN WORLD BANK,U PEOPLE DID NOT PROTEST IN THE STREET?NOW GEJ WANTS TO BALANCE OUR BOOK THROUGH SUBSIDY YOU ARE SCREENING TO CUT HIS HEAD OFF, YOU PEOPLE SAID U DID NOT TRUST GEJ FOR SUBSIDY,THEN WHY DID U VOTE FOR HIM?ARE U MUMU?.OH OH OH U DID NOT TRUST HIM,AND THEN U WENT AHEAD &VOTED FOR HIM TO BE THE PRESIDENT?THAT MEANS U PEOPLE ARE COWARDS.WHAT ARE THE BAD THING GEJ DID BEFORE THAT MADE U LOOSE TRUST IN HIM?HOW MANY MONTHS HAS HE STAYED IN THE SEAT DAT MADE U NOT TO TRUST HIM?WHY CAN'T U GIVE HIM A TRAIL?OR U THINK HE'S UGLY CRIMINAL YORUBA OBASANJO,IBB,ABACHA THEM.YOU PEOPLE ARE HERE TALKING RUBBISH, I AM VERY SURE HAD IT BEEN NIGER DELTA OR THESE OIL STATES WERE IN YORUBA LAND YOU PEOPLE WOULD HVE BEEN BROKEN OFF FROM NIGERIA FAR BACK.UPON U PEOPLE ARE MARGINARISING US,SEIZED THIS PRESIDENTIAL SEAT FOR MANY MANY MANY YEARS,AND TREATING US LIKE A SLAVE IN NIGERIA.FROM YORUBA PASS TO HAUSA,HAUSE PASS TO YORUBA,YORUBA PASS TO HAUSA,YET IT'S NOT OK BY U.WHAT HAVE WE DONE IN THIS COUNTRY TO DESERVE THIS NEFARIOUS TREATMENT?ARE WE NOT TRUE CITIZENS OF NIGERIA?WHY ARE U PEOPLE TREATING US LIKE FOREIGNERS.WICKED SET OF PEOPLE.U FOOLS DID NOT RECOGNISE NA WE PORTHARCOURT BE TREASURE OF THE NATION? MUMU PEOPLE, NDI OFE MMADU, YOU PEOPLE ARE HERE IN NAIRALAND LAYING ALL SORTS OF INSULT TO GEJ &WIFE AS IF THEY WERE ORDINARY HOUSEMAIDS OF YOURS , OUR SO PRESIDENT? DURING OBASANJO REGIME,NOBODY INSULTED THEM ,OR DON’T U KNOW OBASANJO IS LIKE ULGLIEST CHIMPANZIN,ALWAYS COUGHING IN EVERY OF HIS SPEECHES?YET,WE DID NOT INSULT HIM.INFACT,THOSE WHO INSULTED MY DEAR PRESIDENT GEJ & HIS WIFE WILL NEVER EVA SEE BETTER IN THEIR ENTIRE GENERATION, WICKED HOPELESS UGLY SET OF WELLYORUBA PEOPLE, NA JEALOUSY GO KILL U NA ONE BY ONE, WHEN BOKO HARAM PEOPLE WERE THROWING BOMB,WHY DID NOT U PEOPLE CAME OUT IN CROWD&PROTEST? THAT MEANS HUMAN LIFE ARE LESS IMPORTANT THAN FUEL SUBSIDY?MUMU PEOPLE.U ARE WAITING FOR GEJ
Re: Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: by ak47mann(m): 2:07am On Jan 13, 2012
If FG ever reverses back to 65 naira,well politicians have to stop taking allowances and big salaries cos they have to pay for their mess,
Re: Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: by us4naija: 2:13am On Jan 13, 2012
Some people are just selling their souls, I am in agreement with GEJ and I believe it was a bold move to remove it Too mant people are selling their souls for kobos. The removal of the subsidy is not helping the poor it is hurting the poor but people are not ready for real change, Status Quo=Same ole same
Re: Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: by BERNIMOORE: 2:15am On Jan 13, 2012
[b]TIMES LIKE THIS YOU KNOW TRUE FOLLOWERS WITH GENUINETY,I SALLUTE THE COURAGE OF JONATHAN,HIS DECISION ON SUBSIDY IRRESPECTIVE OF WHO IS WHO (except the temporary pain to the masses) IS WORTH COMMENDATION, WHEN MANY PEOPLE ARE HAILING YOU WHEN YOU TAKE POPULAR DECISION,YOU ARE IN TROUBLE, BUT WHEN YOU CAREFULLY TAKE UNPORPULAR BUT BENEFICIAL LONG TERM DECISION THEN YOU SEE THEIR TRUE COLORS,
WHERE ARE PASTORS NOW?THEY ARE CONFUSED AND MOST COULD NOT HAVE FAITH IN JONATHAN AGAIN,WHERE IS TB JOSHUA? NO PREDICTION? ON WHAT REALLY THREATEN THE PEACE OF A COUNTRY? HE SEEMED TO BE SILENCE WHEN NEEDED MOST,BUT COULD QUICKLY FORSEE OUR FOOTBALL SUCCESS BECAUSE THERE IS MONEY IN FOOTBALL,THIS IS NOT THE CHARASTERISTICS OF THE BIBLE PROPHETS LIKE   ELIJAH, ELISHA OR EVEN JOSEPH WHO ACCURATELY REVEALED OCCURENCE OF THE FUTURE TO PHARAOH ABOUT PESTILENCE AND FOOD SHORTAGES IN EGYPT FOR 7YRS AND ALSO PROFER SOLUTION AND IT JUST HAPPENED. PASTOR BAKARE IS A DISGRACE IN TOTALITY AND IN ALL RAMIFICATION AND I PITY HIS CHURCH FOLLOWERS,HE FREQUENTS THE LABOUR PROTEST AT OJOTA MORE THAN ANY CELEBRITY FOR THE FOURTH  DAY AND EVEN CALLED SOME LINKS TO THE MASSES TO VOTE TODAY,THATS WHY I SAID THAT THE WHOLE LABOUR THING IS JUST A CHARADE TO DECEIVE NIGERIANS AND THE TRUE SPONSORS ARE POLITICIANS.
EVEN THIS PARTICULAR POLL ON THIS PAGE MAY BE PASTOR BAKARE,SHAME ON HIM AND ALL THE FAKE MEN OF GOD.
PASTOR CHRIS OKOTIE CALLED OF A NEW YEAR SERVICE IN LAGOS,WHERE ARE HIS MIRACLE POWERS?CANT HE COMMAND ANY BOMB PLANTED AGAINST THE  CHURCH 'BACK TO SENDER'? SO HE LOVED HIMSELF MORE THAN GOD SERVICE. LET ME REFRESH MEMORIES,IN THE BIBLE,A PROPHET CALLED DANIEL WAS BANNED NOT TO PRAY TO GOD[b][/b][/b] BUT TO THE KING,AND IT WAS DECREED OR PASSED ON TO LAW.BUT DID DANIEL STOP PRAYING DUE TO THREATS?NO, HE ACTUALLY OPENED HIS WINDOWS WHENEVER HE WANTS TO PRAY,HE WAS ARRESTED AND THROWN INTO THE LIONS DEN,BUT GOD INTEVENED,HE WAS'NT HURT, BUT RATHER THOSE WHO CONSPIRED WERE CONSUMED BY THE LION.
I EXPECT 'BACK TO SENDER' FROM CHRIS OKOTIE'.
ON PASTOR BAKARE,JUST A NOISE MAKER,I WOULD'NT BE SURPRISED IF HE STILL TURN UP TOMMORROW TO TAKE OVER LABOUR CAMPAIGN TO POLITICS.  
Re: Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: by Nobody: 2:16am On Jan 13, 2012
Weda dem like am or not, na 65naira me wan buy my petrol, come rain, come sun, na 65naira, My fellow nigerians, make we no listen to them oo, dem get plan, Pat Utomi, Bruce, Bakare, dem no stupid oo, wey dem reason the matter of this country sey dem wan protest, Una wey no understand wetin de happen for country dey sey subsidy is good, if they want us to trust them, dey should cut off their salaries by 50%, cut off the advisers/assistant to the special advisers, build refineries, stable electricity, ordinary the basic amenities of life, we no even get one complete, na now Ngozi wan provide 350,000jobs, all na washy, dem dey washy me and u my people, for where 350,000jobs wan come just like that, dem no reason youths for this country, make pant no de wear us, even if it is that bad that we get to import our own product, why dont we buy from venezuela that sells at 3naira individually, and since we are buying in barrels, we can as well buy at 1naira and then sell to us at 35naira, even if e bad, make dem sell am 45naira, and yet we still buy at 65, dem no happy, abeg, 65 naira or nothing, Make dem no provoke me,
Re: Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: by purefella(m): 2:26am On Jan 13, 2012
People voting in support of fuel subsidy should get this into there soft heads that the 74% voters against fuel subsidy are not all poor people who can't afford the prices of fuel at 141/ltr what we are fighting for here is you can never trust Nigeria govt with your tax payments and more with the minimum wage at 18k and the bad roads and no electricity this is totally unfair to all of us , if there could just be a stable electricty in this country why would people complain so much?? and do you know the side effects that people were just trying to go to work before with the subsidy support there's still no much gain to show that they are working and now that the subsidy has been removed it simply means most people will quit working to start robbery or join occultist for riches , it will affect the religious side a lot and you supporting the fuel subsidy how could you be so sure that you won't experience one of all this ugly incidents when they get started , day light robbery or your younger sister was kidnap for ritual ,, think deeply and don't think out of your current bank balance ,.Ghana know they don't have fuel why will the ghanians complain? they have stable electricity i have spent 2 years in ghana before and the only thing i need fuel for is my vehicle and you think the companies in Nigeria switching over to Ghana are fools?? na wa for una thinking wey dey claim say una get too much money , una go soon hear am oo
Re: Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: by Nobody: 2:31am On Jan 13, 2012
@us4naija, I think you should listen to the arguments, we are not saying the removal of subsidy is bad, i think it is a bold step, but despite that, when you look at the corruption of this so-called people, we will agree that the trust you and i should have for them is lost, why promise us now, when nothing has been put to place to show your forth coming visions, if you say it is not helping the poor, the question is, how does one help the poor in a situation like this? How does the increase in the fuel price help the poor? Removal of subsidy, YES, PMS PRICE, 65naira, dey should cut their salaries, abeg, How person go chop with 1billion, if him buy 500 elephant, over 500million naira go still remain, Are you so blind to see what they are taking from us.

@Bernimoore, You pick lines from the bible like you know it all, TIMES LIKE THIS YOU KNOW TRUE FOLLOWERS WITH GENUINETY,I SALLUTE THE COURAGE OF JONATHAN,HIS DECISION ON SUBSIDY IRRESPECTIVE OF WHO IS WHO (except the temporary pain to the masses), now tell me, you call this the temporary pain to the masses, do you know what abject poverty is? Have you been to Taraba state or Benue state to see the condition of people out there, If in Genuinety GEJ is doing something right, then i think you should also say something about the senators who sit and make ragged noises and do nothing but go home with billions, Pastors have not said a word, agreed, but if Pastor Bakare is just a noise maker, i think some of the things he has said is the truth, but you are one that can't accept it, facts have been laid down for us to understand where this people are leading us to, and still you say Bakare is making noise, I think you should listen and not just talk stupidly,
Re: Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: by Dodger8(m): 2:39am On Jan 13, 2012
,My whole thing sef is very simple , they should cut the NASS AND Presidents pay by a minimum of half.Government is not a money making place, if you want to make money stay in the private sector .The spending of the Nigerian Government is simply irresponsible for a government that claims  to be broke why should GEJ be using millions to eat when minimum wage is N18000?How can David Mark earn more than Barrack Obama president of the wealthiest country on earth? The Nigerian government has consistently shown it is unable to make decisions in good faith if they knew that they wanted to increase the price since 2010 would the smart thing not have been to start work on the available refineries, ? Until we start to tell the truth to ourselves and decide to take action we will continue to be governed by thieves and crooks.
Re: Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: by Nobody: 3:03am On Jan 13, 2012
The president has wasted a lot of valuable capital and goodwill that will  haunt his presidency and person forever. The subsidy removal, no doubt, is good policy which if effectively explained to Nigerians, I am sure, more than 90% will readily buy. I even dare say that majority of Nigerians are even in favour of subsidy removal but only against the implementation approach.  Who does not know with rising crude oil prices  (cost of refined products increasing), Nigeria population growing, more tokunbo cars coming in but Naira declining from 1990s and refining capacity of our refineries far below optimal, fuel subsidy will at a point have to be removed to avoid economic catastrophe if importation of petrol ll continue?   For a country where air transportation is far out of affordability, rail network is non existent and sole means of transportation is virtually by road, more than 100% increment at a go will definitely affect the masses. Some countries may be able to survive such removal at a go, but certainly not Nigeria. The multiplier effects will definitely be negative on cost of everything.

The manner and approach in which the policy was implemented have left ashes in people's mouth. GEJ may mean well for the people but certainly he has become victim of his own actions and  is the real loser no matter the outcome of it now. A president may not be brilliant, or even be a mediocre, but with good team, he will surely rise as one of the best president ever. GEJ placed too much premium on NOI's advice and that has destroyed his presidency. It's even a great  mistake to name a minister "Coordinating Minister of Economy". So terrible! That in itself will create bad blood in the corridor of power. You do not need a self serving appellation to make a minister powerful. Minister of special duties can be the most powerful if the president so desire.

I ll not elaborate but it is manifestly clear to every discerning mind that absence of reasonable protests in SE and SS is not helpful to the cause of the president, no matter the opinion of ethnic jingoists who appear to be defending all the actions of the president. Infact, the reverse would have been more helpful and perhaps more manageable for him.

Last election, people voted for PDP because of GEJ, next election, if there is still Nigeria, people will vote for PDP because GEJ will no longer be the candidate.
Re: Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: by BERNIMOORE: 3:07am On Jan 13, 2012
@Dadaic,
WHATS TRUE ABOUT BAKARE?
ARE YOU NOT WATCHING ON WEDNESDAY WHEN A POLICE HELICOPTER WAS FLYING OVER OJOTA AND HE WAS SHOUTING IN CHORUS ALONE 'YOU WILL CRASH,YOU WILL CRASH' AND IT NEVER BE,THE HELICOPTER WAS LATER SHOWN LANDING SUCCESFULLY AT THE POLICE HEADQUARTERS,AGAIN A FAILED PROPHECY OF PASTOR BAKARE.
AGAIN JEHU CALLED ON FIRE TO CONSUME ANIMALS MEANT FOR SACRIFICE IN ACIENT ISREAL WHEN THE WORSHIPPERS OF BAAL  COULD NOT,THEN THE FIRE DID COME DOWN TO CONSUME ALL.
ARE YOU NOT ASHAMED OF A TOOTHLESS BULLDOG OR POWERLESS SO CALLED PASTOR BAKARE? HE JUST EXPOSE HIS FALSE MIRACLE THAT FAILED ON WEDNESDAY,AND THOUSANDS ARE TESTIMONIAL TO THAT.
I CHOOSE NOT TO INSULT YOUR PERSON LIKE YOU DID,I DONT HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST YOU BUT ''FALSE PROPHETS''WHO RAN OUT OF IDEAS WHEN NEEDED,BUT CAN QUICKLY PREDICT PROSPERITY AND REAP WHERE THEY DONT SOW.
Re: Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: by DrIgbo: 3:59am On Jan 13, 2012
shadrach77:

lol! grin grin grin grin

I think we need this subsidy on English education
Re: Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: by fabj1(m): 4:04am On Jan 13, 2012
Nigeria, we have a future 2 protect nd sacrifice 4. Cmn! Let d subsidy Go! Jst 4 a while so that ur children could say Thanks. Let d subsidy Go!
Re: Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: by aljharem(m): 4:08am On Jan 13, 2012
fab.j:

Nigeria, we have a future 2 protect nd sacrifice 4. Cmn! Let d subsidy Go! Jst 4 a while so that your children could say Thanks. Let d subsidy Go!

1. Yes the system/ government is corrupt. In fact the country is teeming in corruption

2. Yes subsidy has to go and everyone supports the FG for that

3. Before the removal of subsidy, build our refinery so we would not have this same issue in the future. If we have our refineries working, we would not be paying subsidy to anyone and we can control the prices of our crude oil as a Nation.

4. Before removal of subsidy , CUT THE COST OF GOVERANCE not just by 25% because the bulk of the money made in government is not through salaries but be over PRICED projects. An average senator in Nigeria collects more than Obama the american president.

5. Now remove subsidy.

Other things people are protesting for because it was a build up of anger since 1970 and this was the opportunity for a revolution are

1. protest against corruption and the arrest of these people

2. protest against boko haram and killing of Christians/igbos

3. protest against the NEGLIGENT of the Niger-delta

4. Building of the Niger Bridge. Must the bridge collapse before we maintain and build the next ? Since we can save lives, why not do it now.

Now what is the point of thinking ahead when there is still corruption and non-accountability in the government ?

What is the point of thinking ahead when the next administration would tell us about removal of subsidy again ?

IS THINKING AHEAD NOT BUILDING OF REFINERIES ?

Is thinking ahead not protesting against corruption ?

In Nigeria today, we have No light, No security, No shelter, No good roads, No good water, No refinery even though we are oil producing, Total neglect of infrastructure, Total neglect of the Niger-delta, Total neglect of the Niger bridge, Total neglect of people dying in the North, Lack of accountability, Lack of credibility, Lack of industrial growth apart from Oil which the entire country is dependant on, Lack of economic growth apart from the telecommunication sector by OBJ.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would also what to use this medium to address people thinking it is an ethnic thing.

I have heard various people saying the protest is against "GEJ" "minority" and other sentimental words to describe the protest.

I would like to educate the people about the politics behind what is happening according to my understanding and I would really appreciate if I can also learn more from other posters home and abroad.

In 2010, Sanusi made speech to the House of reps (HOR) that they were thieves and they are the ones sucking Nigeria dry due to the huge sum of money paid to them monthly. The HOR shut him down and called him all sort of names.

In 2011, Sanusi during the channels debate said 1.6 trillion naira is paid to this people out of 1.8 trillion naira thus 200 billion Naira is left for development of the country.

This people are the senator, governors, HOR, HOA, chairmen and the business men that were labelled as oil benefit thieves.

Now people Imagine 200 billion left for 150 million people in 36 states out of total of 1.8 trillion Naira. Yes I am sure people would agree with me that subsidy has to go !!!!

All am doing here is to make people political aware of the situation right now and lets not forget the Iweala and the IMF factor.

Now people are NOT and I repeat NOT angry at the removal of the subsidy I mean at such rate the paying of subsidy is not sustainable. It has to go at one point or the other, either through GEJ or the next administration. Yes I respect GEJ and Sanusi for thinking ahead of time. That is very commendable but the Issues that cause the subsidy corruption are not yet addressed.

In the future the issue would come up again so what is the point ?.
Re: Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: by us4naija: 4:34am On Jan 13, 2012
@dadaic, well u just proved my whole point, argue/protest for the right cause, I look at the subsidy removal like a person who has maleria, I am not helping the person with maleria by giving the tissue to wipe their nose, i have to do something about the mosquitoes, get to the root of the problems, these fake oil companies have negatively effected the generations, the protestors should have an organized agenda and putting the subsidy back should not be one,
Re: Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: by otokx(m): 4:36am On Jan 13, 2012
nice poll but still has its limitations.
Re: Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: by zoomman(m): 4:54am On Jan 13, 2012
Though subsidy removal is nt a bad idea coz it does more gud dan harm,buh there r more challenges dt ought 2 b tackld b4 ngagn in such policy,there's high rate of corruptn,insecurity(boko haram),unemployment,educatn dearth,tribalism nd nepotism,lack of transportatn nd high rate of cost of governance if all these nd many more of d factors listed above is nt tackled,d Govt shud nt evn think of removn subsidy coz its a bad idea.GEJ,u r sleepn,pls wake up coz tins r getn out of hands,GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: by greall12(m): 4:56am On Jan 13, 2012
@ beaf gud will punish you with badluck jonathan.
Re: Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: by stede(m): 5:02am On Jan 13, 2012
Subsidy removal capital NO
Feu price shld b reverted bk 2 65/lit
Re: Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: by jpphilips(m): 5:13am On Jan 13, 2012
One big problem of Nigerians is our inability to scrutinize people’s pedigree.

Look at president Jonathan for instance, this is a man with zero success story as both deputy and Gov. of bayelsa state,
zero success story as both vice and acting president yet Nigerians delude themselves he is the messiah even when it was clear that unscrupulous people were donating to his campaign, we still believed he will take us to the promised land on luck.

Let us talk about this mystic economic team Jonathan put together, who are these people?
I for one have no bias against any public official
in which ever capacity but I have zero tolerance for incompetence.

Has sanusi’s economic model ever worked in this country?

Which economic school of thought does he belong to and what is his mission in this country?

I asked this because I am an ardent follower of events in our economic sphere and have never been shy to put Sanusi’s parlance and pragmatism of economic solutions to a test, but as I speak, sanusi’s economic agenda eludes me.

This is a man who inherited a banking sector which according to Business day 2006 edition averred that “for every five Nigerians with a good job, three are bankers”.

Today, we have a Sanusi who in his usual voodoo economic jingoism has created more unemployment and inefficiency in the banking sector than the military junta.

Who is this man Sanusi?

In the words of his predecessor who consolidated these banks, “the banks were more financially robust” and doing bigger business but along the line something happened.

There was partial deregulation and the cost of diesel went all time high and very scarce, some of those companies who took loans from the banks were running high over head cost and couldn’t survive the tsunami of events that followed,

Job cuts, and eventual closure was the case. During the last days of chukwuma soludo, the businesses were already down so no way to repay the bank loans.

The banks were stranded but soludo applied wisdom, in his words ‘’ decision making in the banking system must carry the instrument of perception along’’ and that was exactly what he did, he quickly created an EDW whereby the near distressed banks could quietly access Govt. loans to revive their institutions hoping to keep people’s confidence in tact while the banks gradually recover.

Here comes our Sanusi with his usual economic parlance and political jingoism.

Destroyed the first instrument of perception soludo fought so hard to preserve by coming on National television to announce that those banks are not healthy. Till date, we lost one of the most viable sectors of this economy; we lost meaningful employments and international confidence in our banking institutions in its entity, thanks to Sanusi’s voodoo economic theories and mystic economic solutions.

I ask again; who is this Man Sanusi and his mission in this country?

I leave you to be the judge of preceding events from Sanusi’s actions. After consulting his economic oracle, he boldly told Nigerians that the way forward is to bail out the banks (which he destroyed) and SME’s (small and medium scale enterprise) hoping that they will bounce back in business to repay the bank loans.

Till date, Sanusi has not given Nigerians the progress report of those bailed out banks and SME’s especially those in the textile business.

Today, by throwing his weight behind full deregulation in the downstream sector simply tells me that Sanusi’s witch doctor did not tell him exactly which economic formula destroyed his banks. Perhaps he thought that his SME ‘’palliative’’ was good enough for miserable Nigerians who don’t mind trading a permanent position job for a contract job which was what his SME’s were offering or rather, our employments for underemployment.

This is a man that ignores the basic on ground economic theories that work in the country for some mystic economic solutions.

That begs the question; should you deregulate fully the downstream sector, what becomes of those SME’s and how do they repay the loans you gave to them considering that energy cost and inflation will triple their over head cost? Or has his voodoo economic solution already categorized them as mere collateral damage in his economic reform agenda?

Let us analyze some of sanusi’s Hennessey inspired economic formulae.

First he said that by withdrawing subsidy they have destroyed corruption and broken the financial bones of the ‘’cabal’’ benefitting from this subsidy regime, is this really true?
If the landing cost of PMS is about 110naira and government’s inefficiency bloats it to 141naira (ofcourse, storage,transportation,deumurrage etc as enshrined into the subsidy are all Govts ineptitude).

“Citeris paribus” under the subsidy program, a marketer earns 110-65 (ie if ideally Govt clean their mess)
And without subsidy, a marketer makes 220,180,165-110 who exactly did this economic magician break their finances? Because what I see in my economics kwashiorkor is Govt transferring the burden of import deficit to the people not the marketers losing money like sanusi claims.

Secondly,

his liquor economics made him believe that he will save money in the face of spiral inflation, and went ahead to justify the. inflation saying it is by a little fraction not more than 10% increase, lol.

What indices did this acclaimed “pundit” use in measuring this?
In an economy without a functional price regulatory agency and a comatose standard organization with shabby police officers?

In an economy where everybody is his own LGA and can fix rates with impunity?
What drives this man’s economic sagacity?

Witch craft?
Thirdly,

Sanusi is consistently lying to Nigerians that an increase in pump price will attract investors to build refineries; this is the verge where I think sanusi should go back to school.

SLS is not enlightened enough to understand why there was an exodus of indigenous American companies between 1998 to 2008 to Asia and Africa, reason; COST OF DOING BUISNESS or better put, UNFAVOURABLE BUISNESS CLIMATE.

With unfavorable tax laws, incessant labor wage reviews and land acquisition challenges, most companies couldn’t survive and they left US en masse conversely, land grab in Africa and cheap labor in Asia became viable alternatives.

Today, a drunk CBN governor in his usual rhetoric, capitalizing on the chasm of academic deficiency of average Nigerians is proposing that increase in pump price which will directly translate to high energy cost (in a generator driven economy), spiral inflation and high cost of labor will attract foreign investors to build refineries. Is it not ridiculous?

What kind of voodoo economic theory is that?

sanusi quickly forgot to tell Nigerians that their existing refineries even at a disappointing output is subsidized to sell @ 65naira.

Mr Sanusi should have asked himself, when we deregulated diesel, did we attract heavy duty companies, diesel refineries and why?

According to his business model, I was expecting that after the deregulation of diesel, we would have had companies like
CAT,Ingersollrand,Volvo,Ebara,bosh,Groove,Capco etc even refineries enhanced to produce more of Diesel with limited petroleum by products relocating their plants to Nigeria to benefit from our diesel profitable market. But in reality, that wasn’t the case and i will explain why;

Take shell for example, the presence of SPDC in portharcourt has given rise to a plethora of servicing companies rendering one or two services to shell and that is how it works. These servicing companies are equally employers of labor.

Does sanusi think that the refining companies will be servicing themselves? Is that possible?

When you destroy the business environment for these smaller servicing companies to thrive, how exactly do you want the refining companies to thrive?
For the few that will survive, at what cost will they render their services? Shouldn’t the investors consider these in their feasibility studies?
How will they cope? If at all it works, most components and services are definitely going to be outsourced to neighboring countries creating jobs for Ghanaians and Nigerians than Nigeria.

Some servicing companies will rather relocate to nearby countries and leave skeletal operations here in Nigeria just to stay in business; sanusi will end up exporting services elsewhere.

I am deeply ashamed and embarrassed at the caliber of people that take decisions for this nation.

I say it for the umpteenth time; we don’t need to create problems to solve problems, what we need is to ensure that Nigeria has cheaper oil on ground, that will attract investors as against sanusi’s high pump price economic theory which will breed inflation and closure of smaller companies.

The IOC’s (international oil companies) operating in Nigeria has told us that it takes less than 12 usd to extract 1bbl of our crude oil.

Why is sanusi not thinking of creating a solution from that angle? if NPDC can guarantee us just 150,000bbl/d of this cheap crude at less than 12usd, the market will be attractive, add refining cost and other cost to push it to about 22usd/bbl a pms of 30naira per litre will be achievable from these refineries and inflation will reduce by over 40%.

leaving us with a plethora of servicing companies which will translate to more jobs.
Is this too much for Madueke and Sanusi to sit and figure out? Other than their inflation marred solution.

Lastly

Sanusi lied that the subsidy reinjection fund will be used to build refineries; I can’t help but pity his unrealistic mystic economic solutions.

How much is the FG’s cut in the SURE fund? Less than 600billion, what kind of refinery will that build? I hope sanusi is not confusing refineries for fuel dispensing stations or are we heading for another IMF/world bank debt burden? I don’t just get it.

Where will this SURE funding appear from? I didn’t see it in the 2012 budget proposal, is it right to increase the suffering of the Nigerian people and go back and implement your constitutional annual budget?

Where is sanusi going to get the crude oil to supply these refineries? From the little we make from our JV? I hope this man is not taking us for a ride?

This same crude we use to implement our budget? Which sells at international price? This man is cynical.

How did we end up with two monsters sanusi lamido sanusi and Allison Madueke at the same time?

I can see a pattern in Sanusi’s line of thought;

if a bank is performing poorly, CLOSE IT DOWN

If the subsidy regime is performing poorly; SCRAP IT.
Can Nigerians please help me ask Sanusi if it is a crime to proffer real economic solutions to economic challenges other than throwing away the child with the bath water?

Should we fold our hands and watch our Economic magician Sanusi scrap the economic foundation of our survival?

Sanusi and Allison madueke are doing a great disservice to this nation though I don’t expect Mr. President to fire them because he is too incompetent to read the hand writings on the wall.
Re: Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: by eherbal(m): 5:18am On Jan 13, 2012
Honestly,i'll like that idiot,beaf to come down to Ojota and explain to us why he supports such wicked decision by BEJ to pauperize Nigerians.I'll allow him on stage.
Re: Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: by velo10: 5:37am On Jan 13, 2012
Sometimes I wonder if people like Beaf are paid to be outright nuisances here on Nairaland. It's truly a pity we have to deal with people thinking like crack-headed hoes who support idiocy even if it spits in your face. Disgusting.

Yeah for the record, I've voted and I want the subsidy back. if it has to be severed let it be a little for now not completely. Let see how the government would use the little taken off subsidy to make any reasonable impact.
Re: Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: by Kobojunkie: 5:57am On Jan 13, 2012
Am I to believe that, once again, rather than negotiating with ALL groups out there that comprise the Nigerian people, the Government has instead chosen to only negotiate this with the NLC?

If this is the case, then it is in the interest of every single Nigerian out there to inundate NLC with their requests and to demand the group make no groups with the Government that the people, as a majority, do not agree on.  ASUU, Market women's unions, Trade Associations, Professional Groups, etc, all ought to be at that negotiations table and all ought to be able to equally vote, since they are also groups that represent, to a degree, the Nigerian people.
I am not certain exactly when NLC became the only voice of Nigerians and it would it be sad if the Government has chosen to see it that way.
Re: Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: by tope3x(m): 6:19am On Jan 13, 2012
if nigeria can lose 320bn per day, then how much would Nigeria government build a refinery? even if rifinary would be built with 4 trillion, Nigeria government could save this money, and build it without suffering the nigerian. to me, they should bring back the fuel subsidy, and nigeria government can still save to build the fu*ckin refinary, so far they earn 320BN a day.
Re: Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: by Sike(m): 6:38am On Jan 13, 2012
To me, everything is a (((SCAM)))!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Court Awards N200,000 Against LASTMA For Impounding Lawyer’s Vehicle / Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders / DSS Issues Fresh Invitation To Mailafiya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.