Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd (4224 Views)

I’m The Only Legal Wife Of Ojukwu, Bianca Tells Court / I'm Travelling To Canada For 2 Months And Will Be Off Nairaland / Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd by Onlytruth(m): 7:56pm On Jan 13, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

I will respect the decision of my people and why we at it let us use this period to reflect on the man, Ojukwu, and remember that he did great things for our people at a young age. Most of us today are within this age bracket which means we must be ready to serve and, if need be, lay down our lives for the emancipation of our people. There is a little Ojukwu in every Igbo/eastern man and woman. For me and my family I would say this - I shall not rest neither shall I weary nor slumber until my people are free from Nigeria. Nigeria woke up the giant in all us and its our duty to unleash this giant at the fullness of time. I say this to my people - lets keep towing the part of virtue, love for our Lord and people, and science and maths, because this cookie is going to crumble any time. Let's ignore but not overlook our detractors and evil wishers, lets take note of them and respond with strategic military silence. Let us bear the pain and humiliation Nigeria and her "owners" have shown us with unbreakable fortitude and be ready to unleash our venom when the time is right. We are united in aspiration and freedom. We are united and will remain united, despite Nigerian torpedoes we have carved a formidable nation with one dream, justice, love, equality, and freedom for all.

I will not say goodbye to Ikemba, not yet. Ndigbo si "nwata welu ike bulie nna ya elu, nyoyo ogodo ayochie ya anya" Nigeria tried to toss us up in a hurry and our "ogodo" has blocked their sight, need I say their sight will remain blocked until the last battle?

Thank you my brother.
We the youth of Eastern Nigeria must answer the call of our time. We must choose to live free, or die trying! cool
Re: All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd by Chyz2: 7:59pm On Jan 13, 2012
Will do just that. cool
Re: All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd by NegroNtns(m): 8:00pm On Jan 13, 2012
It is a fact that the predominant religion in Igboland and Eastern Nigeria is Christianity. If you have ever FULLY read the Bible (especially the old testament), you would see that it was almost written by an Igbo man!

ME CHIONU!!  I was going to keep quiet and respect your thread but then you said this nonsense.  You made a good call for the memory of your leader, keep it that way and stay focused on that.  Do not say anything controversial or you will invite people you'd rather not have come in here.  

Eze, you hear me?  rascal! angry
Re: All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd by Chyz2: 8:01pm On Jan 13, 2012
omenala:

Good move, but i suggest Why dont we open only one single thread on that day and call it a condolence registar/order of funeral service? Let all easterners, friends and supporters of biafra visit the thread to sympathise with us, drop words of wisdom, igbo proverbs i.e ilulu.

We can also include ojukwu's memorable quotes from yesteryears.

And if theres a live tv coverage of his burial, it should be relayed here on nl minute by minute info, with pictures, links etc.

No my brother, lay off nairaland on feb 3. kwenu!
Re: All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd by Onlytruth(m): 8:04pm On Jan 13, 2012
Ibime:

Hey OnlyTruth, who made you Eze Ndigbo on Nairaland?  grin

Igbo enwe Eze. Abi you done break tradition?

Anyway RIP to Ikemba, but I think this is a bad idea. One only "fasts" to a deity, not a human.

My Eastern Nigeria brother Ibime

Every group of people serious about moving forward, must have a leader, whether you call him "Eze" or whatever other name that won't give you a heart attack grin, it is well. So, calm down bros!

As for your allegation of deification of Ojukwu, FAR FROM IT my brother. In the Igbo worldview and spiritualism, NO HUMAN, or HUMAN DESIGNED SYSTEM would ever replace the Great God, who created the whole universe, whom majority of us serve. NONE!  cool

So, pay your respect to Ojukwu and move on. It won't kill you. However, you can also share with us whatever other reasons you think this is a bad idea.

I dey wait.  cool
Re: All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd by Onlytruth(m): 8:08pm On Jan 13, 2012
ndu_chucks:

The olodo liar, OnlyTruthLies, was voted Eze Ndigbo of Nairaland through rigging, cheating, and childishness. See it here ===> https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-819196.0.html

My renegade brother ndu_chucks

You are equally enjoined to lay off Nairaland on that fateful day; it won't kill you.
Though your mother ran away with aboki to ugwu awusa where you were born, you still remain our brother, nwanne. cry
So, this is an opportunity to repent and embrace your true heritage.
Nama ugwu. wink grin
Re: All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd by PHIPEX(m): 8:29pm On Jan 13, 2012
It will also be nice if we are constantly reminded lest we forget, feb is still a long time from now[i]. Udo diri unu![/i]
Re: All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd by NegroNtns(m): 9:16pm On Jan 13, 2012
It will also be nice if we are constantly reminded lest we forget, feb is still a long time from now

grin oh, phipex is a clown! He wants a reminder. . .how about an alarm clock? This is your Ikemba, the supreme commander of igbos and you need to be reminded of his burial date.

Today is 20th day to the event. . . . the day when the bia bia warlord will be sunk into the ground. oh, I cant wait! angry
Re: All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd by Ngodigha1(m): 9:55pm On Jan 13, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

grin oh, phipex is a clown! He wants a reminder. . .how about an alarm clock? This is your Ikemba, the supreme commander of igbos and you need to be reminded of his burial date.

Today is 20th day to the event. . . . the day when the bia bia warlord will be sunk into the ground. oh, I cant wait! angry
Monkey, your contribution is irrelevant here. Scram niggi.
Re: All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd by EkoIle1: 11:04pm On Jan 13, 2012
Ezey wuruwuru the tribal chief of iboland done speak, I hope all you clowns go truly comot from nl on that day. Im looking forward to a peaceful and no agipa cry baby day.

lmao.
Re: All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd by Onlytruth(m): 11:07pm On Jan 13, 2012
PHIPEX:

It will also be nice if we are constantly reminded lest we forget, feb is still a long time from now[i]. Udo diri unu![/i]

It is our COLLECTIVE DUTY to post here and keep the memory afresh to our members here until that day.
Ndigbo si onye ji ego kwaa nna ya na obughi di okpara gburu.
We all should do the duty. Thanks!
Re: All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd by NegroNtns(m): 11:30pm On Jan 13, 2012
Igbo kwenu!! Igbo kwenu!!!

I tell you what. . . . Eze of NL, you should be the one stepping foot in Ojukwu's shoes. . . not that Nwazuruike or whatever he call himself. Thats a clueless human being, you have some good head on your shoulder. Look how insightful and decisice you are here, I give it to you. . . just this once! You have done a marvellous job! grin

Ngodigha, they need your bruteness in Maiduguri, not in NL. Go there and show force. . . stooopid tree-hopping, branch-habitating, mango-mangling babboon!! cheesy cheesy
Re: All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd by ifyalways(f): 6:45pm On Jan 14, 2012
Oba Negro go kill pesin oh.I have been laughing to the point of almost forgetting what the thread was all about.

@Topic,stay off posting but reading/viewing as a guest?Is that not hypocrisy and beats the purpose?
I'm gently as a woman voting for creating a thread with live updates from the funeral and a condolence register if possible.just saying.

Eze Eziokwu,a nam ekele.
Re: All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd by Chyz2: 6:56pm On Jan 14, 2012
ifyalways:

@Topic,stay off posting but reading/viewing as a guest?Is that not hypocrisy and beats the purpose?
I'm gently as a woman voting for creating a thread with live updates from the funeral and a condolence register if possible.just saying.

Feb 3., lay off.Simple.
Re: All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 14, 2012
Communism at its best.

I'll alert my Igbo friends dont worry. They'll forgo their exams and meetings for Ojukwu and stay home (MASSOBSs) grin Odikwa gbadun.

I look forward to a peaceful NL on FEB 3rd.
Re: All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd by ifyalways(f): 7:18pm On Jan 14, 2012
Chyz*:

Feb 3., lay off.Simple.
Come make me !
Onye ka i na-agwa simple?N'ebe isi puta mmadu a naghi atunyere gi alo?Okacha mara.
ikuku buru gi dia.
Re: All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd by Chyz2: 7:32pm On Jan 14, 2012
ifyalways:

Come make me !
Onye ka i na-agwa simple?N'ebe isi puta mmadu a naghi atunyere gi alo?Okacha mara.
ikuku buru gi dia.

lol @ bolded. i luv u too kiss. . .Feb 3, just lay off,ok? I no be okacha mara but i be dat nicca cool
Re: All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd by Onlytruth(m): 7:55pm On Jan 14, 2012
ifyalways:

Oba Negro go kill pesin oh.I have been laughing to the point of almost forgetting what the thread was all about.

Eze Eziokwu,a nam ekele.

My sister I don't believe anyone said anything about visiting here as GUEST. I know I didn't, 'cos like you said, what use is that? What we meant is to not even come here at all on that day. Is it too much to ask for?

I just read the DETAILED program for Ikemba's funeral released (privately I think) by Ohanaeze, and I must say that I am both happy and sad. I am happy that the program is VERY DETAILED AND ELABORATE.
I won't say why I'm sad yet.

Let's just do our little best here.
Thanks, ada mmadu. wink
Re: All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd by Onlytruth(m): 8:00pm On Jan 14, 2012
It seems I need to add that we should NOT even come here as GUEST.
Don't come here on February 3 in honor of Ikemba as he is put to mother earth.

Let it be our own way of "fasting", since I figure that some of us are Nairaland addicts, lol.  shocked

Please try.   smiley
Re: All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd by LogicMind: 8:54pm On Jan 14, 2012
^^^^^^^
No
Re: All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd by Onlytruth(m): 9:52pm On Jan 14, 2012
This Ikemba's funeral will say a lot of things about us Igbo, our neighbors and Nigerians in general.
I was reading where someone who recently visited home was saying that not much work in going on per road works in Anambra in readiness for the expected crowd during the ceremony.

The Peter Obi government will get a very raw deal if he fails to put those roads in order, because there will be MASSIVE publicity coming from all and sundry during this ceremony.
I won't want to be in his shoes if he fails to deliver good roads in ONE month. lol
Re: All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd by Abagworo(m): 10:06pm On Jan 14, 2012
smh
Re: All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd by nedu210(m): 2:48am On Jan 15, 2012
as our collective decision, and in agreement with eze onlytruth to stay off NL on 3 fab, let us stay off Nl on feb 3 and my almighty CHUKWU bless ndigbo.  Maka ndi na eweputa onu nshi ha asi na igbo enwe eze, ndi ahu ekwekwana kam si nkita racha kwa ha anya. Onye na amaghi ihe okwu ahu futalu anye ahu mechia onu ya.
Re: All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd by Obiagu1(m): 3:10am On Jan 15, 2012
Noted.
Re: All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd by manny4life(m): 3:49am On Jan 15, 2012
Thank your for your words, will do, smiley smiley smiley
Re: All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd by omenala(m): 4:58am On Jan 15, 2012
@ Only truth, your in order! I will abide by your decision.

Am in owerri now and we are already getting our biafran flags ready!
Re: All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd by T8ksy(m): 5:58am On Jan 15, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

Igbo kwenu!!  Igbo kwenu!!! 

I tell you what. . . . Eze of NL, you should be the one stepping foot in Ojukwu's shoes. . . not that Nwazuruike or whatever he call himself.  Thats a clueless human being, you have some good head on your shoulder.  Look how insightful and decisice you are here, I give it to you. . . just this once!  You have done a marvellous job!  grin

Ngodigha, they need your bruteness in Maiduguri, not in NL.  Go there and show force. . . stooopid tree-hopping, branch-habitating, mango-mangling babboon!!  cheesy cheesy

haba! Negro, tak am easi o! couldn't stop laughing!!!

Onlytruth:

This Ikemba's funeral will say a lot of things about us Igbo, our neighbors and Nigerians in general.
I was reading where someone who recently visited home was saying that not much work in going on per road works in Anambra in readiness for the expected crowd during the ceremony.

The Peter Obi government will get a very raw deal if he fails to put those roads in order, because there will be MASSIVE publicity coming from all and sundry during this ceremony.
I won't want to be in his shoes if he fails to deliver good roads in ONE month. lol

Oh well, doesn't look like peter Obi is gonna pull it off then, is he now?

Can't see him delivering GOOD ROADS in ONE month for these important dignatries coming from all across the globe to pay their respect to the cold-hearted cagey moraphocker who sacrificed millions of lives of his own fellow tribe for his personal ambition and when that fails, ran off leaving his people to take the can. .

Hmmm looks like there's going to be a lot of dissappointed mourners at the ikemba final resting place o! what a shame! Even before the date one does not need to be a member of MENSA or a soothsayer to realise that the day is gonna be a fiasco, just like the man himself was. 
Re: All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd by Onlytruth(m): 8:49pm On Jan 15, 2012
omenala:

@ Only truth, your in order! I will abide by your decision.

Am in owerri now and we are already getting our biafran flags ready!

Thank you for the update my brother!
When we open the condolence thread on the 4th, please furnish us with any news, pictures or anything at all you may come across about the event from any sources.
Re: All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd by Onlytruth(m): 9:02pm On Jan 15, 2012
nedu210:

as our collective decision, and in agreement with eze onlytruth to stay off NL on 3 fab, let us stay off Nl on feb 3 and my almighty CHUKWU bless ndigbo.  Maka ndi na eweputa onu nshi ha asi na igbo enwe eze, ndi ahu ekwekwana kam si nkita racha kwa ha anya. Onye na amaghi ihe okwu ahu futalu anye ahu mechia onu ya.

lol  grin

Nwanne m, what I find most laughable is that the people holding those same views will still wonder why we are killed easily without consequences; they still expect us to be able to unite and fight for our defense or freedom. Of course that is impossible without a common authority, without a common front!
What those folks fail to understand is that, since our circumstance is like that of the Jews (somehow), we should really copy a lot of things from them. For instance, even at the earliest times of their history (according to the Bible), they had judges. After that, they agitated for "a king that will go before us in war" - a physical leader.

It is my personal opinion that the greatest achievement of the Igbo nation in 1967-70 is the fact of coming under ONE leadership. It is powerful stuff, and our history changed for ever after that.  cool

What we must fight for, now that Ojukwu has died, is to find another leader who will surpass or equal him in VISION, TOUGHNESS and FOCUS, to lead us going forward.

We must find him!  cool
Re: All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd by dempeople(m): 9:06pm On Jan 15, 2012
^^

Eze Ndigbo Nairaland, daalu sur. But is only a day enough for a man of Ikemba's stature? Surely a 3 to 7day break/stay-off/boycott is most befitting.

My two cents.
Re: All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd by Onlytruth(m): 9:20pm On Jan 15, 2012
dem_people:

^^

Eze Ndigbo Nairaland, daalu sur. But is only a day enough for a man of Ikemba's stature? Surely a 3 to 7day break/stay-off/boycott is most befitting.

My two cents.

Nwanne, if it is left to me, I would go for 7 days! lol grin

You know how Nairaland is; some of our people are already challenging even the one day off.
We are already mourning, and will continue mourning until his remains are interred.

Methinks that if we observe a one day total and complete lay off, it should be enough.
Re: All Eastern Nigerians, In Honor Of Ojukwu Stay Off Nairaland On February 3rd by aljharem(m): 9:24pm On Jan 15, 2012
Onlytruth:

lol  grin

Nwanne m, what I find most laughable is that the people holding those same views will still wonder why we are killed easily without consequences; they still expect us to be able to unite and fight for our defense or freedom. Of course that is impossible without a common authority, without a common front!
What those folks fail to understand is that, since our circumstance is like that of the Jews (somehow), we should really copy a lot of things from them. For instance, even at the earliest times of their history (according to the Bible), they had judges. After that, they agitated for "a king that will go before us in war" - a physical leader.

It is my personal opinion that the greatest achievement of the Igbo nation in 1967-70 is the fact of coming under ONE leadership. It is powerful stuff, and our history changed for ever after that.  cool

What we must fight for, now that Ojukwu has died, is to find another leader who will surpass or equal him in VISION, TOUGHNESS and FOCUS, to lead us going forward.

We must find him!  cool

well said Nwannem, I would boycot NL on the 3rd

But Eze'm  NL why can't it be a 3-7 days boycott as Nwannem dem_people suggested

i ga agwa nwu'm gi dem_people ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obama Signs Each Sheet Of Paper With A Different Pen During His Inauguration. / B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!! I Have Never Met Amaechi In My Life - President Buhari I / Finally! Photo Of Our Dear President Buhari Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.