Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,005 members, 7,863,633 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:01 PM

Imagine: Pure Water Is Now †ђξ Best In My Hood: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imagine: Pure Water Is Now †ђξ Best In My Hood: (904 Views)

Protest In Benin As “Pure Water” Sells For N20 / Pure Water Is Now 20 Naira / Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imagine: Pure Water Is Now †ђξ Best In My Hood: by fataiiyo(m): 8:38pm On Jan 13, 2012
Now that pure water is 10Naira Fø̲̣̣я̅ 1, my neigbour who have stranded with Gej deregulation, people in my street are now demanding Fø̲̣̣я̅ Pure instead of pure, imagine what Gej has put us †̥. Pure water of years back even then it was 1naira is now 10Naira during Gej regime, God have mercy on us in Nigeria.
Re: Imagine: Pure Water Is Now †ђξ Best In My Hood: by Fhemmmy: 8:44pm On Jan 13, 2012
If the price of gas remain high, this will be the beginning of the problems for Nigeria.
Companies will be leaving Nigeria for Ghana in dozens very soon, cos this really mean that the cost of running generator that is needed for all industries will triple and manufacturers will have to pass on all these extra expenses to the buyers
Re: Imagine: Pure Water Is Now †ђξ Best In My Hood: by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 13, 2012
I trust Nigerians,they will start carrying ''water-bottle'' around now.
Re: Imagine: Pure Water Is Now †ђξ Best In My Hood: by Fhemmmy: 8:49pm On Jan 13, 2012
~Bluetooth:

And how many would be able to afford water bottle soon, once the pure water has sky rocketed in prices . . . . Nigeria is in for a big problem
Re: Imagine: Pure Water Is Now †ђξ Best In My Hood: by igbonla(m): 8:50pm On Jan 13, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Good for the environment, our health and the pockets too.
Re: Imagine: Pure Water Is Now †ђξ Best In My Hood: by Fhemmmy: 8:51pm On Jan 13, 2012
igbonla:

Good for the environment, our health and the pockets too.

Lol . . . @ Our environment, i hope that dead bodies will not liter the street out of poverty
Re: Imagine: Pure Water Is Now †ђξ Best In My Hood: by igbonla(m): 8:55pm On Jan 13, 2012
Fhemmmy:

If the price of gas remain high, this will be the beginning of the problems for Nigeria.
Companies will be leaving Nigeria for Ghana in dozens very soon, cos this really mean that the cost of running generator that is needed for all industries will triple and manufacturers will have to pass on all these extra expenses to the buyers

Not exactly true, the companies are already on diesel generators. Diesel was deregulated long ago, any company using PMS to power generators for industrial production should not be in business.
Re: Imagine: Pure Water Is Now †ђξ Best In My Hood: by igbonla(m): 8:59pm On Jan 13, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Lol . . . @ Our environment, i hope that dead bodies will not liter the street out of poverty

Nah, it wont happen. We really need to start taking the state governors to task. Imagine the SW going back to agriculture, SS on crude oil, SE on technology, North also on agriculture and livestock. We wont even need to import so much, have always believed that Nigeria is a "bomb" if we can do things right.
Re: Imagine: Pure Water Is Now †ђξ Best In My Hood: by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 13, 2012
Fhemmmy:

And how many would be able to afford water bottle soon, once the pure water has sky rocketed in prices . . . . Nigeria is in for a big problem

They can buy a 4 litre gallon and carry it around.it may look awful but a good austerity measure. grin
Re: Imagine: Pure Water Is Now †ђξ Best In My Hood: by Fhemmmy: 9:01pm On Jan 13, 2012
igbonla:

Not exactly true, the companies are already on diesel generators. Diesel was deregulated long ago, any company using PMS to power generators for industrial production should not be in business.
No matter how much the diesel is in use . . . they will have to transport their goods and services and some are still on gas/petrol . . .
Re: Imagine: Pure Water Is Now †ђξ Best In My Hood: by Fhemmmy: 9:02pm On Jan 13, 2012
igbonla:

Nah, it wont happen. We really need to start taking the state governors to task. Imagine the SW going back to agriculture, SS on crude oil, SE on technology, North also on agriculture and livestock. We wont even need to import so much, have always believed that Nigeria is a "bomb" if we can do things right.

Yes, i do agree that Nigeria could do a lot of things and we dont have to depends on just Oil, but then we have govt that fart thru their head . . . Where would someone that is yet to even get money to drink gari get money to get land to farm or even eat to have energy to farm?
Re: Imagine: Pure Water Is Now †ђξ Best In My Hood: by Fhemmmy: 9:03pm On Jan 13, 2012
~Bluetooth:

They can buy a 4 litre gallon and carry it around.it may look awful but a good austerity measure. grin

Lol . . . Even though it is not funny, but i really cry for the nation
Re: Imagine: Pure Water Is Now †ђξ Best In My Hood: by igbonla(m): 9:09pm On Jan 13, 2012
Fhemmmy:

No matter how much the diesel is in use . . . they will have to transport their goods and services and some are still on gas/petrol . . .

I get what you mean but this is where some business re-engineering will profit us, the time is coming when it wont be that easy to pass the cost to the consumer; pure water is actually a good example, it tanked at N5 for several years and became almost unprofitable until the recent policy. You can see that ideas are already coming up to avoid pure water altogether.
Re: Imagine: Pure Water Is Now †ђξ Best In My Hood: by occam(m): 9:13pm On Jan 13, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Yes, i do agree that Nigeria could do a lot of things and we dont have to depends on just Oil, but then we have govt that fart thru their head  . . .  Where would someone that is yet to even get money to drink gari get money to get land to farm or even eat to have energy to farm?

Amigo, the only way forward is to hold this Govt accountable. How? I suggest all Labour Unions (not Just the NLC) negotiate and demand a linkage between fuel subsidy removal and project implementation. Example:  

20% reduction in subsidy starting in April 2012 for the next 5yrs. Yearly increment will be tied to tangible implementation of projects in key areas: completion of refineries, building of roads, Improvement in power supply etc.  For instance, if by April 2013 an agreed upon project is not completed then Govt cannot increase prices.

Does the Labour Union have the stamina or will to stand up to this Govt? Sadly, I don't think so, but wish I'm wrong

The issue is not about reverting to N65, but ensuring Jonathan is held to his promise to develop our infrastructures.
Re: Imagine: Pure Water Is Now †ђξ Best In My Hood: by igbonla(m): 9:17pm On Jan 13, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Yes, i do agree that Nigeria could do a lot of things and we dont have to depends on just Oil, but then we have govt that fart thru their head  . . .  Where would someone that is yet to even get money to drink gari get money to get land to farm or even eat to have energy to farm?

It wont be easy for a poor person to acquire land for farming but there are better opportunities now especially from state governments, Osun state govt has been giving out farmlands to interested people at ridiculous costs but there are also opportunities of cheap leases in the villages especially in the south west. This is from personal experience.
Of course there are other challenges with seeds, fertilizer, cultivation, planting, harvesting and storage. These are areas of opportunities for the citizens, imagine if you would invest in planting with the equipment shipped in and made available on rental basis. I can tell you that you will be busy almost everyday of the year, not promising that you will end up as Dangote but you will be able to take care of your family and have extra.
Re: Imagine: Pure Water Is Now †ђξ Best In My Hood: by occam(m): 9:17pm On Jan 13, 2012
folks pls ignore my last comment. I mistakenly posted it on the wrong topic. oops!
Re: Imagine: Pure Water Is Now †ђξ Best In My Hood: by Fhemmmy: 9:20pm On Jan 13, 2012
igbonla:

I get what you mean but this is where some business re-engineering will profit us, the time is coming when it wont be that easy to pass the cost to the consumer; pure water is actually a good example, it tanked at N5 for several years and became almost unprofitable until the recent policy. You can see that ideas are already coming up to avoid pure water altogether.

Avoiding pure water is almost impossible in Nigeria where you cant just walk into a restaurant and drink water, where the weather is warm and poverty is just not an easy thing . . .No light for people to even be able to ice water in their own homes.
So many things in Nigeria is just working against business and till something happen, Nigerians will have to manage the tiny profit or even the loss on their business
Re: Imagine: Pure Water Is Now †ђξ Best In My Hood: by Fhemmmy: 9:22pm On Jan 13, 2012
igbonla:

It wont be easy for a poor person to acquire land for farming but there are better opportunities now especially from state governments, Osun state govt has been giving out farmlands to interested people at ridiculous costs but there are also opportunities of cheap leases in the villages especially in the south west. This is from personal experience.

I heard of the opportunity too about the lands, and i told couple of people to look into it, only to hear na lie . . .
Re: Imagine: Pure Water Is Now †ђξ Best In My Hood: by igbonla(m): 9:38pm On Jan 13, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I heard of the opportunity too about the lands, and i told couple of people to look into it, only to hear na lie . . .

Not sure who gave you that feedback but I can tell you it is very true, I visited one of the locations in Iwo town. I missed the opportunities from Osun state govt but I have friends that applied and got some; my alternative plans was successful but came at a huge cost because I wanted to own the land rather than leasing it.
Re: Imagine: Pure Water Is Now †ђξ Best In My Hood: by igbonla(m): 9:51pm On Jan 13, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Avoiding pure water is almost impossible in Nigeria where you cant just walk into a restaurant and drink water, where the weather is warm and poverty is just not an easy thing . . .No light for people to even be able to ice water in their own homes.
So many things in Nigeria is just working against business and till something happen, Nigerians will have to manage the tiny profit or even the loss on their business

You are correct but we also need a change of lifestyle if we will succeed in our personal lives, it is almost similar to choosing between packing lunch or visiting a restaurant for lunch. Sometime you have to make do with your own water that may not be ice cold rather than spending so much on some poor quality water that can kill you despite the bold NAFDAC number on the poor grade nylon used in the packaging.
I can tell you that most businesses makes (plenty) money in Nigeria, the issue is that they want to make more, at the expense of the consumer. Take the MTN folks as an example, what has been their profit profile since they started in Nigeria? I am sure they zoomed past their break even point within 2 years! And they refused per second billing until GLO got in as the game changer. I have many examples here, nobody cares about the consumers; it is extreme capitalism worsened in Nigeria due to lack of knowledge and regulations.
Re: Imagine: Pure Water Is Now †ђξ Best In My Hood: by Fhemmmy: 9:54pm On Jan 13, 2012
igbonla:

Not sure who gave you that feedback but I can tell you it is very true, I visited one of the locations in Iwo town. I missed the opportunities from Osun state govt but I have friends that applied and got some; my alternative plans was successful but came at a huge cost because I wanted to own the land rather than leasing it.

Mail me, really would like to talk to you . . . Femmmy.moto@gmail.com
Re: Imagine: Pure Water Is Now †ђξ Best In My Hood: by Fhemmmy: 9:56pm On Jan 13, 2012
igbonla:

You are correct but we also need a change of lifestyle if we will succeed in our personal lives, it is almost similar to choosing between packing lunch or visiting a restaurant for lunch. Sometime you have to make do with your own water that may not be ice cold rather than spending so much on some poor quality water that can kill you despite the bold NAFDAC number on the poor grade nylon used in the packaging.
I can tell you that most businesses makes (plenty) money in Nigeria, the issue is that they want to make more, at the expense of the consumer. Take the MTN folks as an example, what has been their profit profile since they started in Nigeria? I am sure they zoomed past their break even point within 2 years! And they refused per second billing until GLO got in as the game changer. I have many examples here, nobody cares about the consumers; it is extreme capitalism worsened in Nigeria due to lack of knowledge and regulations.

I do agree with you that we have to change our life style, but to change a lifestyle, there are so many things that would be needed and one of the needed things would be electricity . . . Imagine a lifestyle where people cook on a nightly basis all because there is no way to preserve the food, so how do people make lunch to take to work if they dont have to wake up so early in the morning to cook, and also remember that same people come back from work so late at night that there is no even time for them to cook before going to bed.

All we saying is the masses needs help.
Re: Imagine: Pure Water Is Now †ђξ Best In My Hood: by igbonla(m): 10:52pm On Jan 13, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I do agree with you that we have to change our life style, but to change a lifestyle, there are so many things that would be needed and one of the needed things would be electricity . . . Imagine a lifestyle where people cook on a nightly basis all because there is no way to preserve the food, so how do people make lunch to take to work if they dont have to wake up so early in the morning to cook, and also remember that same people come back from work so late at night that there is no even time for them to cook before going to bed.

All we saying is the masses needs help.

We pray and hope>

Fhemmmy:

Mail me, really would like to talk to you . . . Femmmy.moto@gmail.com

Not a problem.

(1) (Reply)

Bloody Assault By Security Forces In North Nigeria Raises Fears Of Reprisals Aft / Boko Haram On Mustapha / Mass Retreachment In Oceanic Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.