Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,400 members, 7,954,580 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:35 PM

Fashola Warns Pengassan Over Strike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Warns Pengassan Over Strike (1045 Views)

Buhari Receives Officials Of NUPENG And PENGASSAN At State House (Photos) / Oil Marketers, Nupeng, Pengassan Call Off Strike / PENGASSAN, NUPENG Begin Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Warns Pengassan Over Strike by Beaf: 1:31pm On Jan 14, 2012
[size=14pt]Fashola Warns PENGASSAN over Strike[/size]
14 Jan 2012
By Chinedu Eze

Governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Fashola, has called on members of Petroleum, Energy and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN) to drop their plans to go on strike as it would jolt the fruitful meeting between the federal government and the labour.

PENGASSAN had announced that it would shut down oil wells from Sunday as part of the protest against fuel subsidy removal.

Fashola noted that issuing more threats would not help the negotiation, which was already at advanced stage.

"I think in a situation where we are trying to make progress, it doesn’t help the negotiations to issue more threats. I think ultimately my own interest and I believe the interest of those of us who are involved and all Nigerians; the ordinary people who bear the brunt of this crisis matter."

The Lagos State Governor said people are suffering so much because of the crisis, "so the problem should be amicably resolved as urgently as possible."

He added: "One way or the other, people are suffering and we remain responsible and duty-bound to ensure that the suffering and inconveniences as they are, end as quickly as possible."
He said the meeting between government and labour on Thursday was fruitful and progressive.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fashola-warns-pengassan-over-strike/107102/
Re: Fashola Warns Pengassan Over Strike by Beaf: 1:31pm On Jan 14, 2012
Game over. cool
Re: Fashola Warns Pengassan Over Strike by NegroNtns(m): 1:49pm On Jan 14, 2012
How does
"Governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Fashola, has called on members of Petroleum, Energy and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN)
becomes
Fashola Warns PENGASSAN over Strike
in your opening title?

The governor is negotiating and de-escalating threats, your downcreek politically inept mind is in NL, advocating against his progress and re-writing his intent with "threatening vocabulary"
Re: Fashola Warns Pengassan Over Strike by norrisman: 1:57pm On Jan 14, 2012
@ beaf

You see why people hate u. You incite and lie! Does fashola have any authority over PENGASSAN? Like Negro said he was only pleading and has no control over what a union does. So what does game over mean? U were the same guy that said this strike will acheive nothing and it will be business as usuall. it doesnt look like that to me after 5 days.

You tell me you do not work for Jonathan but yet you are able to post twenty odd thousand posts on Nairaland alone almost 24 hours a day in his favour. It is obvious you dont have a full time job as you spend all of your working hours putting out posts in favour of GEJ so people have worked out that you can only be doing this if you are getting paid for it.
Re: Fashola Warns Pengassan Over Strike by Beaf: 2:08pm On Jan 14, 2012
norrisman:

@ beaf

You see why people hate u. You incite and lie! Does fashola have any authority over PENGASSAN? Like Negro said he was only pleading and has no control over what a union does. So what does game over mean? U were the same guy that said this strike will acheive nothing and it will be business as usuall. it doesnt look like that to me after 5 days.

You tell me you do not work for Jonathan but yet you are able to post twenty odd thousand posts on Nairaland alone almost 24 hours a day in his favour. It is obvious you dont have a full time job as you spend all of your working hours putting out posts in favour of GEJ so people have worked out that you can only be doing this if you are getting paid for it.

You are the biggest fool on NL. If only mental midgets like you would learn to check links posted with articles, you would learn never to insult someone who is simply quoting a newspaper. What you spent time doing in school is a madmans guess.

Negro has always been an addled gecko, it seems you are no better.

Aluta! grin grin grin

Dunce.
Re: Fashola Warns Pengassan Over Strike by philip0906(m): 2:09pm On Jan 14, 2012
beaf is obviouy becoming more isolated and st.pid here on nland
Re: Fashola Warns Pengassan Over Strike by Beaf: 2:13pm On Jan 14, 2012
philip0906:

beaf is obviouy becoming more isolated and st.pid here on nland

I can only laugh at you people. "Isolated?" lol
Like I give a damn about what crawling things think.
Re: Fashola Warns Pengassan Over Strike by otokx(m): 2:17pm On Jan 14, 2012
From the way FASHOLA is talking it appears the talks for today may not yield anything fruitful.
Re: Fashola Warns Pengassan Over Strike by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 2:29pm On Jan 14, 2012
norrisman:

@ beaf

are you minding that one? he spends practically every waking second on Nairaland. how can someone with a job post with such alarming regularity? mind boggling, right?
Re: Fashola Warns Pengassan Over Strike by REPSNIG: 2:36pm On Jan 14, 2012
Beaf:

Game over. cool

Simply illiterate, daft, re/tarded.

You stink. Please stop posting on this forum.

Your time would be better served thouroughly licking the insides of GEJ's anus everytime he defecates, seeing as that would very aptly define your miserable, pathetic, disgucting existence.
Re: Fashola Warns Pengassan Over Strike by Beaf: 2:42pm On Jan 14, 2012
Aluta!
It must be really painful when bigotry fails to bear fruit.
Aluta!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Fashola Warns Pengassan Over Strike by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 14, 2012
Sign of good things to come,Beaf I feel you!
Re: Fashola Warns Pengassan Over Strike by NegroNtns(m): 3:01pm On Jan 14, 2012
From the way FASHOLA is talking it appears the talks for today may not yield anything fruitful.

its a negotiation in progress, and you are correct. . . . negotiations are unpredictable, it will produce only one of three possible results - a win-win, a win-loose or a walkout. Conflict resolution with labour is one the most difficult talks to mediate.

(1) (Reply)

Nlc Suspends Strike Action / Let’s Return To Aburi Accord – Adeniyi / Chevron Gas Rig Explosion Is Killing Us – Koluama Communities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.