Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,149 members, 7,953,537 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:25 PM

Jonathan Is Our Messiah, Nigerians Should Give Him A Chance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is Our Messiah, Nigerians Should Give Him A Chance (752 Views)

Buhari Is Not The Messiah Nigerians Are Expecting – Primate Ayodele / Prophet Oluyemi Says Who Nigeria's Messiah Is-a Must Read! / Is Jonathan The Messiah Nigerians Are Waiting For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Is Our Messiah, Nigerians Should Give Him A Chance by Emekamex(m): 8:44pm On Jan 14, 2012
Subsidy removal is a welcomed development. For Nigeria to change positively, the trend of governance has to change also. I used to be against deregulation but after several thoughts, I found the benefits outweighs the ill effects. I think deregulation is the surest way to stamp out corruption from our beloved nation Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Is Our Messiah, Nigerians Should Give Him A Chance by efisher(m): 8:47pm On Jan 14, 2012
Jonathan the giant killer is highly underrated.
Re: Jonathan Is Our Messiah, Nigerians Should Give Him A Chance by philip0906(m): 8:47pm On Jan 14, 2012
beef manifests with anoda identity
Re: Jonathan Is Our Messiah, Nigerians Should Give Him A Chance by Emekamex(m): 8:59pm On Jan 14, 2012
I am not beaf 4 cryin out loud. I am a nigerian that wants to see his country move forward and this wont happen if corruption in fuel subsidy continues.
Re: Jonathan Is Our Messiah, Nigerians Should Give Him A Chance by obowunmi(m): 9:06pm On Jan 14, 2012
Someone please tell me what Jonathan accomplished as Governor and Vice President, then I will consider this hypothesis.
Re: Jonathan Is Our Messiah, Nigerians Should Give Him A Chance by aljharem(m): 9:07pm On Jan 14, 2012
Emekamex:

I am not beaf 4 cryin out loud. I am a nigerian that wants to see his country move forward and this wont happen if corruption in fuel subsidy continues.

[size=14pt]No sir you do not want to see the country move forward. You want us backwards

We gave IBB a chance, what did he do

we gave OBJ a chance, what did he do

should we keep giving chances till we die. NO

right now, we want things to be done the right way and not because of sentiment such as "let give him a chance"

[/size]

It seems after all the talk, shouting, teaching, lecture, protest, educating, directing,  etc people are doing, some people still don't know why people are angry

1. Yes the system/ government is corrupt. In fact the country is teeming in corruption

2. Yes subsidy has to go and everyone supports the FG for that

3. Before the removal of subsidy, build our refinery so we would not have this same issue in the future. If we have our refineries working, we would not be paying subsidy to anyone and we can control the prices of our crude oil as a Nation.

4. Before removal of subsidy , CUT THE COST OF GOVERANCE not just by 25% because the bulk of the money made in government is not through salaries but be over PRICED projects. An average senator in Nigeria collects more than Obama the american president.

5. Now remove subsidy.

Other things people are protesting for because it was a build up of anger since 1970 and this was the opportunity for a revolution are

1. protest against corruption and the arrest of these people

2. protest against boko haram and killing of Christians/igbos

3. protest against the NEGLIGENT of the Niger-delta

4. Building of the Niger Bridge. Must the bridge collapse before we maintain and build the next ? Since we can save lives, why not do it now.

Now what is the point of thinking ahead when there is still corruption and non-accountability in the government ?

What is the point of thinking ahead when the next administration would tell us about removal of subsidy again ?

IS THINKING AHEAD NOT BUILDING OF REFINERIES ?

Is thinking ahead not protesting against corruption ?

In Nigeria today, we have  No light, No security, No shelter, No good roads, No good water, No refinery even though we are oil producing, Total neglect of infrastructure, Total neglect of the Niger-delta, Total neglect of the Niger bridge, Total neglect of people dying in the North, Lack of accountability, Lack of credibility, Lack of industrial growth apart from Oil which the entire country is dependant on, Lack of economic growth apart from the telecommunication sector by OBJ.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

I would like to educate the people about the politics behind what is happening according to my understanding and I would really appreciate if I can also learn more from other posters home and abroad.

In 2010, Sanusi made speech to the House of reps (HOR) that they were thieves and they are the ones sucking Nigeria dry due to the huge sum of money paid to them monthly. The HOR shut him down and called him all sort of names.

In 2011, Sanusi during the channels debate said 1.6 trillion naira is paid to this people out of 1.8 trillion naira thus 200 billion Naira is left for development of the country.

This people are the senator, governors, HOR, HOA, chairmen and the business men that were labelled as oil benefit thieves.

Now people Imagine 200 billion left for 150 million people in 36 states out of total of 1.8 trillion Naira. Yes I am sure people would agree with me that subsidy has to go !!!!

All am doing here is to make people political aware of the situation right now and lets not forget the Iweala and the IMF factor.

Now people are NOT and I repeat NOT angry at the removal of the subsidy I mean at such rate the paying of subsidy is not sustainable. It has to go at one point or the other, either through GEJ or the next administration. Yes I respect GEJ and Sanusi for thinking ahead of time. That is very commendable but the Issues that cause the subsidy corruption are not yet addressed.

In the future the issue would come up again so what is the point ?.
Re: Jonathan Is Our Messiah, Nigerians Should Give Him A Chance by LogicMind: 9:41pm On Jan 14, 2012
oil will dry up one day.

no to subsidy.
Re: Jonathan Is Our Messiah, Nigerians Should Give Him A Chance by sbeezy8: 9:44pm On Jan 14, 2012
nothing wrong with removal but it should have been phased out like Tinubu said.

Jan 1st happy new year your cost of living has now double to all Nigerian!!!!
Re: Jonathan Is Our Messiah, Nigerians Should Give Him A Chance by aljharem(m): 9:46pm On Jan 14, 2012
Logic Mind:

oil will dry up one day.

no to subsidy.

you clearly have no logic

so if oil would dry up, what do think the government should do ? a) remove subsidy immediately without infrastructure or b) build infrastructure, get invest in other sector before removing subsidy so as to absorb the removal of the subsidy ?
Re: Jonathan Is Our Messiah, Nigerians Should Give Him A Chance by Emekamex(m): 10:01pm On Jan 14, 2012
We shouldnt be depending so much on oil revenue. Three things are bound to happen in the future if we do:
1. Oil reserves may be found in other non OPEC countries leading to crash in oil prices which directly affects our economy.
2. Alternative energy or green fuel becomes fully developed and gradually phases out crude oil.
3. Oil reserve may get completely consumed.
Re: Jonathan Is Our Messiah, Nigerians Should Give Him A Chance by aljharem(m): 10:04pm On Jan 14, 2012
Emekamex:

We shouldnt be depending so much on oil revenue. Three things are bound to happen in the future if we do:
1. Oil reserves may be found in other non OPEC countries leading to crash in oil prices which directly affects our economy.
2. Alternative energy or green fuel becomes fully developed and gradually phases out crude oil.
3. Oil reserve may get completely consumed.

so if oil would dry up, what do think the government should do ?

a) remove subsidy immediately without infrastructure

or

b) build infrastructure, get investments in other sector before removing subsidy so as to absorb the removal of the subsidy and also generate more revenue for the country ?

which would you pick ?
Re: Jonathan Is Our Messiah, Nigerians Should Give Him A Chance by Emekamex(m): 10:12pm On Jan 14, 2012
You cant build infrastructure with the current corruption in the oil sector. Removing subsidy will greatly hinder the cabals from getting access to our oil revenue.
Re: Jonathan Is Our Messiah, Nigerians Should Give Him A Chance by LogicMind: 12:37am On Jan 15, 2012
Removing subsidy removes cabals thereby giving incentive for private investors to invest in new infrastructure.
If we go back to subsidy and promise of building infrastructure by the govt., then will be back to square 0.
Subsidy is like a cancer eating into our economy and like cancer it has to be completely cut off if we must survive.
Re: Jonathan Is Our Messiah, Nigerians Should Give Him A Chance by aljharem(m): 12:41am On Jan 15, 2012
Emekamex:

You cant build infrastructure with the current corruption in the oil sector. Removing subsidy will greatly hinder the cabals from getting access to our oil revenue.

so you actually think subsidy would stop the cabals when they are in ur economic team ?

Moreover the argument here is not about the removal but the timing and nothing to back it up aka accountablility.

build infrastructure, get investment in other sector before removing subsidy so as to absorb the removal of the subsidy ?

(1) (Reply)

Mother Sells Child For N50,000 / Why Are Britain The Colonial Enclave And Not Argentina When It Comes To The Falk / Edo PDP Governorship Aspirant Dragged To EFCC Over Alleged Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.