Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,026 members, 7,835,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

@ All Pro Subsidy Removal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / @ All Pro Subsidy Removal (573 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? / Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

@ All Pro Subsidy Removal by nfmovement: 12:49am On Jan 15, 2012
@ ALL PRO SUBSIDY REMOVAL: For me, Subsidy removal in Nigeria transcends the superficial perception; it's actually more than meet the eyes. All Bretton Woods Institution's (World Bank, IMF, etc) prescriptions come with ulterior motives. Please Google the American Hit Man & listen to his Confession, and then we can chat further at some frequencies. But the better if you have a prior knowledge. Meanwhile, don't get me all wrong; there is absolutely nothing wrong with fuel subsidy removal, but everything is wrong about the timing & the deceptive manner in which it was done without recourse to the feelings of ordinary Nigerians. The Nigerian government
merely showed its weakness by evading the democratic task of educating and persuading the electorates to fall in line with its policy. I have said severally on this medium that Leopards never change their SPOTS & all the so called Cabals that are highly dreaded by the FG need to do is to outsmart the government again by flying without perching, to further deepen the suffering of the masses at which point a rollback in the PMS price would be practically impossible. Why should innocent citizens bear the brunt of Government’s inept in tackling corruption? We are always quick to compare ourselves with other countries like Ghana, without considering our comparative global corruption index and infrastructural support base. My goodness! Believe me at this juncture, I write in tears! You all need to wear poverty shoes to appreciate exactly where it pinches. The poor people living below one dollar a day constitute a chunk of Nigerians population, and at best, their preoccupations are artisanship & skilled labourers that depend largely on PMS to power their generators to operate salons, repair electronics & phones, tailoring, welding, vulcanization, milling, e.t.c. these group of people at the end of the day are faced with high cost of transportation and increased inflationary gap to contend with amidst exorbitant medical bills. Crosscheck these overwhelming challenges with other countries that removed fuel subsidy even though done humanly in phases on a comparative note. Our problem is not just limited funds per se but ultimately, mismanagement & misappropriations of public & task payer’s funds. President GEJ, has not shown firm and serious commitment to the fight against corruption on a Zero tolerant scale, thus, all desperate policy implementations will collapse as witness with previous governments who removed fuel subsidy at certain degrees while promising Nigerians ‘ELDERADO’. All these are just old wines in new kegs! We need to first build strong democratic institutions, enduring infrastructures and stamp out corruption to the bearable minimal before we can contemplate fuel subsidy removal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0JCJ4pIFEw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CofEbxtIxI

http://www.democracynow.org/2004/11/9/confessions_of_an_economic_hit_man

(1) (Reply)

State Of The Nation / Imo N174bn Budget / Fuel Scarcity Looms As Import Volumes Drop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.