Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,279 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) (11127 Views)

IBB, Not Buhari, Overthrew Shagari’s Govt — Col. Nyiam / IBB, Not Buhari, Overthrew Shagari’s Govt — Col. Nyiam / Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) by BigB11(m): 9:01am On Jan 15, 2012
Former Military dictator, Ibrahim Babangida is hale and hearty
Former Military dictator, Ibrahim Babangida is hale and hearty, his Chief of Staff, retired Col. Ibrahim Bui, said in Minna yesterday.
Reacting to rumours suggesting that the general is dead, Biu said that ``it is not true the rumours making the rounds about the health condition of my principal in certain quarters.

``I can categorically tell you that I have just spoken to the former military president in person and he is hale and hearty.’’
The aide said the rumours were part of the usual Nigerians’ attitude about any renowned public figure who took ill and received treatment abroad.
He assured the public, especially well-wishers of the former leader, that there was no cause for alarm.
Bui asked them to dismiss such rumours as ``ugly and baseless’’.

The chief of staff also distanced his boss from the destruction of some property by protesters on Wednesday in Minna, saying ``the general’s former campaign office was not affected by the destruction by protesters on Wednesday.
``The general’s campaign office for the 2011 elections is located in Bosso before his eventual withdrawal and I was in charge of that office.
``The property in question was used by the state governor as building for his campaign organisation for the 2011 gubernatorial election and not Gen. Ibrahim Babangida to put the record straight.’’

It will be recalled that the former president’s health condition has been a subject of speculation since he was treated in Germany for an undisclosed illness last year.
UN Rights chief urges Nigeria’s leaders to end violence
The UN human rights chief  yesterday urged bold efforts by Nigeria’s political and religious leaders to end sectarian violence in the country.

``It is essential that the country’s leadership, and especially its Muslim and Christian leaders, join forces to unequivocally condemn all forms of violence, including retaliation, and encourage their followers to identify and help arrest all those involved in killings and other acts of violence that have been taking place,’’  High Commissioner for Human Rights, Navi Pillay said.

She urged the country’s leaders ``to speak with one voice, and act resolutely to stop an already highly tensed situation from spiraling out of control,’’ adding that the religious tolerance that had been a central tenet of the nation was being threatened.
``Everybody will be the loser if Boko Haram succeeds in its aim and efforts to sow discord between Muslims and
Christians, or pit Northerners against Southerners.

``The fact that people are already leaving some areas where they are in a minority, out of fear of attacks by the majority, shows just how dangerous this is becoming for the country as a whole.
``Anyone inciting violence or hatred must be held accountable, no matter who they are,’’  she said.
Pillay also said that it was vital for security forces to respect human rights, and avoid excessive use of force, when conducting operations so as not to stoke further tensions and resentment.

The Rights leader noted that members of Boko Haram and other groups, ``if judged to have committed widespread
or systematic attacks against the civilian population on the grounds of religion or ethnicity could be found guilty of
crimes against humanity.’’

According to her, deliberate acts leading to population ``cleansing’’ on the grounds of religion or ethnicity would also amount to a crime against humanity.
The High Commissioner expressed concern about the recent loss of lives during protests over the removal of fuel subsidies, and urged the authorities to carry out transparent, independent, impartial and thorough investigations into the events.

``The Government of Nigeria has a duty to ensure that all its security personnel avoid use of excessive force and investigate whether or not all necessary precautions were taken before members of the security forces resorted to the use of live ammunition.
``At this critical juncture, the authorities at all levels need to earn the respect and support of the general public by scrupulously observing human rights, and showing they too are accountable for any excesses,’’ Pillay said

http://nigerianpilot.com/index.php/component/content/article/39-africa/1639-ibb-not-dead
Re: Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) by omo9ja1(m): 10:38am On Jan 15, 2012
who is interested in this news
Re: Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) by Beaf: 10:39am On Jan 15, 2012
He will soon die slowly and painfully. Innocent blood is calling, calling, calling, calling, calling, calling, calling, calling, calling, calling. . .
Re: Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) by bamosagie(m): 10:46am On Jan 15, 2012
Beaf! you are still in nairaland, haven't seen your name for a while now, good to know you are alive & well, but please avoid ojota for now, someone might just recognize you.
Re: Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) by Jakumo(m): 10:53am On Jan 15, 2012
The party is over BigBee, and Babangida will continue denying his death with a voice growing ever feebler, until he does die a few short months from now, unlamented by all except perhaps you and a few other former cronies of the military looting class.

That era is dead and gone, just as all the major players of that area are now either dead , dying or tortured by clinical madness. Turn the page.
Re: Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) by Atigba: 10:58am On Jan 15, 2012
All d people he wasted in this countrythere blood is crying for vengance he cant escape it, his time has come, die die die die die
Re: Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) by alex406(m): 11:01am On Jan 15, 2012
Who is interested in his health? We have better things to focus on. He will soon join those he killed. Devil parading as human, mtchew.
Re: Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) by nairaman66(m): 11:34am On Jan 15, 2012
Former Military dictator, Ibrahim Babangida is hale and hearty, his Chief of Staff, retired Col. Ibrahim Bui, said in Minna yesterday.

He still has an active Chief of Staff?? embarassed. I must get too oO!
Re: Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) by ikooko(m): 11:41am On Jan 15, 2012
Dead or alive, he is useless to this generation.
His PA should inform him that the sorrow he gave us is still very fresh in our hearts.
May his HAND WORKS continue to follow him and his family. Did I hear someone say AMEN.
Re: Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) by OilSubsidy: 12:18pm On Jan 15, 2012
May his soul rest die in piss
Re: Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) by sugardaddy1(m): 12:33pm On Jan 15, 2012
rip ibb
Re: Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) by BigB11(m): 12:34pm On Jan 15, 2012
@Jakumo:
All I can do is lol

IBB is 70, is an old man. He has done it all, and a bit more.
Let us pray for a long life for ourselves. .

For now he's still here and will be here for awhile; so, go drink your hater's tonic, you'll need it.
Re: Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) by donobi(m): 12:36pm On Jan 15, 2012
If he is living in a sensible country where they kill criminals he uld he ve long forgoten & here his death is a news to Nigerians nonsense. His death is long over due & he thinks his death ill bring sadness to Nigerians his lieying to himself.
Re: Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) by Koikoi(m): 12:46pm On Jan 15, 2012
Just wish him quick recovery and do not wish death for anybody not even your enemy. All of us must go some day
Re: Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) by oothel: 12:56pm On Jan 15, 2012
What did he really do that is more serious that all the others? Why so much hate? I think he was probably one of the most intelligent.
Re: Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) by LEXYLOV: 1:01pm On Jan 15, 2012
I wish he died. Either now or later he will still go to that hell sooner than his idiot CS think. Mamman Vatsa, Dele Giwa, all the officers of the various phantom coups, The ejinrin Crash officers, the army captains and majors that received his evil 504/505 Peugeot new cars that kills all in different roads accidents etc, have lined up with serious koboko to lash him from where he died to hell. angry
Re: Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) by BigB11(m): 1:03pm On Jan 15, 2012
What did he really do that is more serious that all the others? Why so much hate? I think he was probably one of the most intelligent.
Absolutely the most intelligent, the most respected and the glue that is still holding this country together.
Re: Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) by umechuma: 1:09pm On Jan 15, 2012
The death of Abacha brought Democracy to Nigeria
The death of IBB will be the death of corruption and political manipulation in Nigeria
I wish him hell fire
Re: Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) by BigB11(m): 1:22pm On Jan 15, 2012
The death of Abacha brought Democracy to Nigeria
Why do we like to fool ourselves all the time?
What exactly can you show for the democracy Abacha's death brought you guys?
Re: Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) by hbabe(f): 1:22pm On Jan 15, 2012
And is IBB being hate and hearty supposed to cheer us up at this time? Na wa o!
I personally don't give a hoot about his health. He's stale bad news. im time don pass jare!
Re: Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) by juman(m): 2:05pm On Jan 15, 2012
IBB 'servants' think that because IBB reached 70 years of age and above, that is paradise ticket? Hiss.

Even prophet Muhammad (SAW) died at the age of 63.

What is so important and special by reaching age of 70 and probably going to the bottom of the hell fire? Nonsense.

100 billion of IBB cannot be equal to one Rasulullai Muhammad (SAW).

Even Some other prophets died at much younger age.

Nonsense.
Re: Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) by toyemz(f): 2:36pm On Jan 15, 2012
@Big1 and Oothel

Absolutely the most intelligent, the most respected and the glue that is still holding this country together.

Two dumbheads!!!!

revisit history
Re: Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) by don33310(m): 2:40pm On Jan 15, 2012
bamosagie:

Beaf! you are still in nairaland, haven't seen your name for a while now, good to know you are alive & well, but please avoid ojota for now, someone might just recognize you.
If he refuses your advice,he will be skin alive,if he gets to  ojota.
Re: Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) by ajekpaks(m): 2:59pm On Jan 15, 2012
He's Not? shocked shocked shocked Fudck!! The Bastardt Should have Gone Joor,
Re: Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) by abdurrazaq(m): 3:50pm On Jan 15, 2012
Good for him. I don't care what becomes of him for the rest of his life so far he stays away from the affairs of Nigeria. I pray he channels the use of his health to seeking forgiveness of his numerous sins. May GOD forgive us all and bless us as a people.
Re: Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) by Skii(m): 4:50pm On Jan 15, 2012
All of you that are wishing the man death, dont you all know that its the same fate that awaits us all?

the rich o, poor sick healthy it is appointed for man to die once! I really don't see what sense wishing the inevitable on someone makes
Re: Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) by 1forall: 4:52pm On Jan 15, 2012
In recent history, Nigerians rumored dead have not stuck around much longer thereafter. Remember Zik, Fela, Orlando Owoh, Ojukwu?
Re: Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) by Skii(m): 4:53pm On Jan 15, 2012
^^
In other words, we should be preparing soon,,,
Re: Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 15, 2012
Rumour engineered by agents of the present government who in their desperation to divert attention from the issues at stake will not hesistate to stoop into the depths of hell.
Re: Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) by austin2002: 6:36pm On Jan 15, 2012
Delegiwa, spirit is visiting him soon.Also all the Igbo spirits who died suffering without money,food on the table,no health care services etc, are visiting him.Sad nigerians are bunch of cowards.That donkey should be rotten in prison by now if nigeria has one good educated person in that land.Unfortunately, you guys hold degrees and let the carmels and donkeys in the north controlling you.Sad, nigeria has this worthless tribe called,YORUBA" people who does not know where they stand.You cannot make a plan with a Yoruba people,they are like dried leaves control by the wind.Everywhere I have been Iraq,Afghanistan,Korea, Germany, Italy, Austria etc, you will notice Yoruba man. Bunch of cowards.
Tell me why these people are still alive? Obasanjo,Babangida,etc, An educated nigeria is a disgrace to the living.Have any of you holding degrees ever wonder where is the origin of Babangida let alone where did he attend primary school let alone secondary school. You got degrees and yet let these cow rearers manipulate you guys.nigeria, a land where 99.99percent suffering from mental problems.
Re: Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) by kizito96(m): 7:24pm On Jan 15, 2012
When death rumour starts to fling around, its coming to reality
Re: Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) by monopolist: 9:58pm On Jan 15, 2012
Let him restore all he stole before going

(1) (2) (Reply)

Niger-Delta Youths To Tambuwal: Leave Dokubo & Kuku Alone / SAG: We'll Stage Protest In Umuahia If Ikpeazu Recalls Ex-cos / Atiku Abubakar Celebrates His 69th Birthday Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.