Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,848 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

How Do I Stop This Menace - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do I Stop This Menace (2368 Views)

How Do I Stop This Sh*t Draining My Mb. See Screenshot / How Do I Stop Facebook Daily Subscription Charges From My Sim / MTN Stop This Na! Dial *170# At Your Own Detriment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Stop This Menace by 2Mekus: 11:23am On Jan 15, 2012
Please help! How do I stop this number (5473283631) that has been harassing me to no end. Each time I blacklist the number, it will generate another to flash me. And it is always at odd hours. I have reported this to Airtel office and I was told that they are helpless about it and it is not peculiar to me but to most Airtel lines. I feel like throwing this sim away. angry angry angry
Re: How Do I Stop This Menace by abrahym(m): 9:41pm On Jan 15, 2012
Downloda kaspersky antivirus and add to number to blacklist
Re: How Do I Stop This Menace by 2Mekus: 9:47am On Jan 16, 2012
Downloda kaspersky antivirus and add to number to blacklist

My phone has a 'blacklist' feature and I have done that 10 times. But the people always generate another number to flash me. The common characteristic though is that it always begins with '547' or '234547'.
Re: How Do I Stop This Menace by LordReed(m): 2:25pm On Jan 16, 2012
@OP
There is nothing you can do except bar all unkown contacts from your phone which will mean no one can call you from a phone you don't have the number stored.
Re: How Do I Stop This Menace by Basildon1(m): 2:33pm On Jan 16, 2012
there's a software called SRS call blocker which can allow you to block numbers with a certain sequence of digits like your 234547. However, it seems you use a Samsung (as per the blacklist function) - this works well on Blackberry
Re: How Do I Stop This Menace by 2Mekus: 4:12pm On Jan 16, 2012
there's a software called SRS call blocker which can allow you to block numbers with a certain sequence of digits like your 234547. However, it seems you use a Samsung (as per the blacklist function) - this works well on Blackberry

Please how do I get this SRS and no my phone is iphone. I do not want to do away with the sim 'cos I have used this number since inception of GSM in this country. Most of my contacts both local and international reach me through it.
Re: How Do I Stop This Menace by 2Mekus: 4:17pm On Jan 16, 2012
And their call is always flashing and not a real phone call. I have tried calling back and it was never picked; yet while it was still ringing, my credit was being drained. It is really a menace. cry cry
Re: How Do I Stop This Menace by Basildon1(m): 6:06pm On Jan 16, 2012
2Mekus:

Please how do I get this SRS and no my phone is iphone. I do not want to do away with the sim 'cos I have used this number since inception of GSM in this country. Most of my contacts both local and international reach me through it.
Sorry boss, just checked it seems it's strictly a blackberry app, dont really know much about iPhone apps - I am an android loyalist, i'm afraid. if your iBlacklist app is not working, i'm afraid you going to have to use the old school method - save the numbers as "Dont Pick 1", "Dont Pick 2", grin

Good luck
Re: How Do I Stop This Menace by Wilfem(m): 8:42pm On Feb 03, 2012
I used to think that I was the only one having this problem, not until I came across this thread. I've been battling with it for over 4 years now, only on my airtel line though. I normally add them to the Blacklist with Kaspersky Mobile Security, just like someone earlier suggested. I have hundreds of the numbers on my Black records. I wish there's another way to stop the menace, even though I don't know how it started.
Re: How Do I Stop This Menace by 2Mekus: 2:52pm On Feb 08, 2012
@Wilfem

I used to think that I was the only one having this problem, not until I came across this thread. I've been battling with it for over 4 years now, only on my airtel line though. I normally add them to the Blacklist with Kaspersky Mobile Security, just like someone earlier suggested. I have hundreds of the numbers on my Black records. I wish there's another way to stop the menace, even though I don't know how it started.

So how did you solve the problem because I am still battling with mine and they getting more daring than ever? shocked shocked
Re: How Do I Stop This Menace by Wilfem(m): 6:22am On Feb 09, 2012
@2mekus,
I've not really been able to stop the menace, what I've only been able to do is to prevent a particular number (in their hundreds) from calling or flashing me again 'cos each number you add to the blacklist would never be able to either call or flash you any more.
Another way of reducing the the menace it to install this truecaller app on your phone. Go to m.truecaller.com on your phone to download/install it. After then, you can also use the app to block or filter any number, including those nonsensical flashers.
Re: How Do I Stop This Menace by 2Mekus: 8:55am On Feb 14, 2012
Wilfem:

@2mekus,
I've not really been able to stop the menace, what I've only been able to do is to prevent a particular number (in their hundreds) from calling or flashing me again 'cos each number you add to the blacklist would never be able to either call or flash you any more.
Another way of reducing the the menace it to install this truecaller app on your phone. Go to m.truecaller.com on your phone to download/install it. After then, you can also use the app to block or filter any number, including those nonsensical flashers.

At last I've been able to decode the menace guys, hurray! If you are one us that they have been harassed to no end, just type STOP or OUT (in capital letters) and send to 547 and that's it. You will receive a message confirming that you've been removed from their list except you re-register with them. That's what I did and I have had my peace back ever after. Thank God
Re: How Do I Stop This Menace by Wilfem(m): 10:49am On Feb 14, 2012
2Mekus:

At last I've been able to decode the menace guys, hurray! If you are one us that they have been harassed to no end, just type STOP or OUT (in capital letters) and send to 547 and that's it. You will receive a message confirming that you've been removed from their list except you re-register with them. That's what I did and I have had my peace back ever after. Thank God

I did send the 2 messages separately, but i didn't get any reply, yet not long after I sent the message, they still flashed me as usual.
Re: How Do I Stop This Menace by 2Mekus: 12:00pm On Feb 14, 2012
Are you sure you followed the directive? I still have their reply to me. It says "You have been unsubscribed from Frenszo Chat. You will not receive any chat calls or messages till you register again. To know more reply with HELP."

Send STOP or OUT (not the two) to 547. The reply is instant.
Re: How Do I Stop This Menace by Wilfem(m): 12:03pm On Feb 14, 2012
2Mekus:

Are you sure you followed the directive? I still have their reply to me. It says "You have been unsubscribed from Frenszo Chat. You will not receive any chat calls or messages till you register again. To know more reply with HELP."

Thank God, I just received the message now. I can't even recall or remember how I got myself into the mess in the first place. Thanks for the help.
Re: How Do I Stop This Menace by 2Mekus: 12:06pm On Feb 14, 2012
Apparently, GLobacom is the menace. This is their web address: http://www.gloworld.com/vas_frenszo.asp
Re: How Do I Stop This Menace by Nobody: 2:03pm On Feb 14, 2012
All the Telcos in Nigeria are thieves. They programed this nonsense to rip off Nigerians.
Re: How Do I Stop This Menace by FabulousAutos(m): 5:02am On Apr 12, 2013
2Mekus: Are you sure you followed the directive? I still have their reply to me. It says "You have been unsubscribed from Frenszo Chat. You will not receive any chat calls or messages till you register again. To know more reply with HELP."

Thanks. I have to use gOogle to find a solution to This menace and it brought me to this thread. I tried the OUT thing and it worked. Now I can have my peace of mind.
Re: How Do I Stop This Menace by luluosas(m): 6:41am On Apr 12, 2013
2Mekus: Apparently, GLobacom is the menace. This is their web address: http://www.gloworld.com/vas_frenszo.asp
Not true. Frenzo chat is a mobile social media launched by Glo but, copied by Airtel, which this thread is actually focusing on. Therefore, live Glo out of the menace here.
Re: How Do I Stop This Menace by lance4luv(m): 3:16pm On Dec 22, 2013
Is there any way I can block all of glo's text messages and calls? "All"?

(1) (Reply)

How To Use mtn BIS On Java Fonep / Tecno Camon C8 Gold Colour For Sale In Central Area Of Abuja / Top 10 Free Music Download Apps For Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.