Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,008 members, 7,838,527 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! (24374 Views)

How Police Avert Another Bomb Blast In Kano Today / Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. / Boko Haram Bombed Kano Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by presfedrep: 5:23pm On Jan 15, 2012
Trojan horse: Beware of Greek gifts
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by PROUDIGBO(m): 5:29pm On Jan 15, 2012
Nice one. I've always said the Hausa/Fulani of the north-west are a different breed and peaceful, compared to the north-east ones. Have you ever wondered why you don't hear of all this bombing/butchering madness in places like Sokoto? Rats only live where they feel safe and are surrounded by like minds.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by bright007(f): 5:31pm On Jan 15, 2012
freecocoa:

@BRIGHT007, Welldone bro ,you too much.
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 15, 2012
Danka7777:

This is the type of ill-informed and abysmally ignorant comments that cause riots and tension amongst ourselves. Because someone(pastor, priest) interpreted these verses in the bible in the manner you are quoting it doesn't make it true or a fact.  The bible doesn't say so if you read actually read the book of Genesis. This is the problem with our people in Africa, we don't even know who wrote the bible and what their intent were. I can speak quite confidently on this because I have the read, and understand it far more than you do.  

Have you asked yourself, what religion our forefathers were worshiping prior to the missionary invasion of Africa? Were they silly to be worshiping those gods? This is a question you ought to ask your self and it will make you cringe and begin to search for knowledge and the truth.  These gods they were worshiping supposedly kept them going as a society for thousands of years, and guess what Christianity is only 2000 yrs old and only made it to Africa in 17th and 18th centuries.  Did you know that most of the commandments in the bible were written thousands of years in African Literatures and African canonical books.  Have you listened to most of african proverbs, you think its just a proverb? These were commandments that governed the way of life of the people then when there was no bible or Christianity. And you will find most of these commandments (Thou shall not kill, Thou shall not steal, Thous shall not commit adultery, e.t.c.,) if not all of them today in the bible.  

So, we have to be really careful when you just say things we don't know. We need to read insatiably to be to understand the world. The white people have indoctrinated us Africans with deception.  I will advise you, go and study: who wrote the bible?

The British just celebrated 400th Year Anniversary of the Authorized King James Version of the Bible.  Africans think the Bible and Koran have been existing since the creation of the Universe. That is why we are called Follow Follow.

A Jewish man said to me, " Why did you Africans stopped worshiping the Gods of your forefathers"?

A White man said, " Organized Religion is the worst thing that ever happened to Africa".

Karl Max said , " Religion is the opium of the people".

And I say, " Spirituality is fundamentally different to Religion". I choose spirituality over organized religion any day.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by muami(m): 5:35pm On Jan 15, 2012
Hmmm. Expect the bombing of churches in Kano soon. The Boko Haramites have gone round the churches to ascertain the level of security and the best places to plant the bombs. Christians beware!
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by BlackPikiN(m): 5:35pm On Jan 15, 2012
maasoap:

These Ibos are just paranoid about everything these days. From subsidy removal protests to Muslims solidarity visits to churches! Are you people still suffering from Post War Traumatic Syndrome (PWTS)? But many you were born after war. Or may be PWTS had been encoded in your ancestral genes.

May the evil spirit in your village bless you abundantly.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by canuck(m): 5:38pm On Jan 15, 2012
A small start in rebuilding lost trust, but a good start nonetheless.

What about Borno muslims, especially since BH originated from there?
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by Sholaf(f): 5:41pm On Jan 15, 2012
Well done Kano State.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by Tabon: 5:41pm On Jan 15, 2012
I dont trust these muslims at all. They might go there to spy as to perfect there plans. Xtians should be vigilant and should not take things for granted. Muslims are intolerant.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 15, 2012
@gunno the apostle paul praised the Boreans 4 making personal effort to consult the Bible on their own after being taught by him(Acts 17: 11). I quotd this scripture to help u unstand that u musnt swallow watever story/teaching u receive from ur pastor/Rev because the bible is readily available for u to make research on your own. Take for instance the lie u just spewd abt Ishmael's acceptance by God, the bible recorded that God promised to bless him and make him a mighty nation(Gen. 21: 17-21). And God as we knw, dont promise nd fail instead heaven nd earth shall pass away.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 15, 2012
Olodostein:

The British just celebrated 400th Year Anniversary of the Authorized King James Version of the Bible.  Africans think the Bible and Koran have been existing since the creation of the Universe. That is why we are called Follow Follow.

A Jewish man said to me, " Why did you Africans stopped worshiping the Gods of your forefathers"?

A White man said, " Organized Religion is the worst thing that ever happened to Africa".

Karl Max said , " Religion is the opium of the people".

And I say, " Spirituality is fundamentally different to Religion". I choose spirituality over organized religion any day.

I see that you are a very enlightened and intelligent brother.  Continue to spread the words.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by Peaceto: 5:53pm On Jan 15, 2012
Logic mind -why not give peace a little chance by always being positive and optimistic
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by mbulela: 5:54pm On Jan 15, 2012
i know there will be critics but i applaud these Muslims.
moderate Muslims need to take steps lest extremists steal their faith from them.
one visit will not be enough to erase the bad image but this one step is applauded.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by somubz(m): 5:55pm On Jan 15, 2012
It is far much away 4rm common sense to submit dat d moral visit of solidarity is espionage intended, I cud nt deduce why sm fanatic nd bird brained equavalent rust illogical xtians shld open their toxic nd saliva spewing mouths to condemn such, d move was nt an xpression of cowardice bt a display of gud sense of accommodatn and neighbourliness as taught by d religion-Islam, I wonder if peace s ur desire,
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 15, 2012
@Op,
Thank you madam for this initiative!

All sensible Nigerians should realise that nearly all the negative comments on this thread are from agents of the corrupt elite who have been using religion and ethnic bigotry to confuse and divide the masses to allow them to continue looting our common wealth.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by gree212: 5:56pm On Jan 15, 2012
Hey please how safe is abuja? is there killings there too?
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by mystiqueem(f): 5:57pm On Jan 15, 2012
''Tears of joy streaming down my face''
This is a good start! Thank you, Jesus
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by gree212: 5:59pm On Jan 15, 2012
Hey please how safe is abuja? is there killings there too? I intend coming back to abuja in 2 weeks. AM concerned about my safety. I need a reply!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by fantasti: 6:05pm On Jan 15, 2012
It feels sad reading all these sentimental comments by my fellow elites. Why must you continue to make the north look like a war zone? Sit back and ask yourselves some very basic questions as follows:

Is it the North or the South that has accommodated more of which side? maybe you said North.

Why is the North looking very volatile today?

For the second question, I will suggest the Northerners judge you southerners based on your actions. What has been happening to Hausa-Fulani Muslims in Jos and Maiduguri by security operatives particularly from the South is the cause of all this tension. The northerner I know will never forgive you for killing his people by trigger happy southern security personnel. If you doubt what I mean by all of these, please watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlpZr8IRUcY After watching, now tell me that Nigerian Government did not create a violent Islamic sect.

You people will simply sit back and judge people without looking back at a very recent history.

These people (Boko Haram) have made their concerns very clear. They want justice for the killings of their leader and many innocent people in 2009.

Until the current government reconsiders its approach to this security issue, we will continue to live in tension among ourselves.

Our leaders have successfully installed the ideology of hatred through religion and ethnicity and its perfectly working.

I am a Nigerian and and proud.

Cheers!
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by kossynerule: 6:06pm On Jan 15, 2012
Pls christians in d north,u guys have 2 be really careful, behind doze smily faces,dey may have hidden agendas.be vigilante
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 15, 2012
kossynerule:

Pls christians in d north,u guys have 2 be really careful, behind doze smily faces,dey may have hidden agendas.be vigilante
I dont think they'll be listening to ur type. y dont u crawl back to ur hole. maggot
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 15, 2012
gree212:

Hey please how safe is abuja? is there killings there too? I intend coming back to abuja in 2 weeks. AM concerned about my safety. I need a reply!!!!!!!!!

I can tell you that if there is one place in the country that nothing violent will visit is Abuja. Why? Because all the politicians, looters, ex. military leaders and Nigerian billionaires have investments and properties in Abuja worth amount not worth mentioning. 90% of these politicians have  properties in Abuja worth over 1billion Naira, each. So I can assure you that They will convene an emergency session even at 2am in their bathroom slippers and sleeping robe to protect their properties and investments in the event that things get out of hand. You think Jonathan is actually in control? No. These people mentioned above are the ones that run Nigeria. If things get out of hand, they will instruct military to take over and protect their properties. This is Nigeria for you run by plutocrats and oligarchs. The same people that sponsored IBB-led coup against Buhari when Buhari wanted to investigate senior military leaders involvement and corruption in military contracts with the THESE PLUTOCRATS. These were the same people that told IBB to annul the election of Abiola and step aside. Same people that sponsored the murdered of Abacha when he didn't follow through on their agreement. Same people that brought Obasanjo from Prison and prepared him to run. Don't underestimate these people, they believe in the unity and stability of this country because that is the only way they make their money.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by gree212: 6:32pm On Jan 15, 2012
@danka7777. thanks. that was a relief
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by Chidiansel: 6:32pm On Jan 15, 2012
I was taught in consumer behaviour dat d heart of a man is an impenetrable blackbox and cannot fully be dissected by mere physical observatory behaviour.D so-called insipid visit is a mere charade orchestrated by stinking interior.Those xtians there shuld watch it.It may be a ploy to relax their psyche,in order release their intricately interwoven web of terror when least expected.I hav said it b4 and i wil say it d upteemth time,our marriage with those people lack flavor.And when u sleep with a strange bed fellow,what do u do?U stay awake to monitor his antics.See how d poster,munikat,or whatever he calls himself,is reporting with celebratory gusto.U can see he only joined d like-minded crowd absentmindedly:physically present but heart and soul ar absent,(probably outside d church while d others ar inside) and interested in writing reports to nairaland to flaunt d dishevelled visit while d so-called deliberation is going on inside d church.U want us applaud u and ur gangs,abi?Can u see ur life,reporter of d moment?, To my fellow xtians,be careful.Toad like water but not hot water.Be vigilant;thier heart is stony.They maybe there to monitor or study d environment in order to orchestrate thier legendary mayhem.With a visit like this,i dont think i need a visitor.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by shopie: 6:34pm On Jan 15, 2012
I believe in this country but what is happening now is not encouraging at all but there's time for everything, this is time for us to mourn. There's a bright light at the end of the tunnel then everybody can see their destinations clearly.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by Qrous(m): 6:35pm On Jan 15, 2012
i hope it is not to study the weakness of these churches jus to ensure another bomb attack, ! why havent they done so all this while?we are watching their next in-line action
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 15, 2012
Danka7777:

I see that you are a very enlightened and intelligent brother.  Continue to spread the words.

I try. Just that some people try to frustrate the efforts and make you wanna do your thing. I will continue in steadfastness though cool. We Africans are so confused embarassed. We need our own Renaissance and Age of Reason in the African context. Not to let our future generation continue in the confusion.

Danka7777:

I can tell you that if there is one place in the country that nothing violent will visit is Abuja. Why? Because all the politicians, looters, ex. military leaders and Nigerian billionaires have investments and properties in Abuja worth amount not worth mentioning. 90% of these politicians have  properties in Abuja worth over 1billion Naira, each. So I can assure you that They will convene an emergency session even at 2am in their bathroom slippers and sleeping robe to protect their properties and investments in the event that things get out of hand. You think Jonathan is actually in control? No. These people mentioned above are the ones that run Nigeria. If things get out of hand, they will instruct military to take over and protect their properties. This is Nigeria for you run by plutocrats and oligarchs. These were the same people that told IBB to annul the election of Abiola and step aside. Same people that sponsored the murdered of Abacha when he didn't follow through on their agreement.  Don't underestimate these people, they believe in the unity and stability of this country because that is the only way they make their money.

You seem to have a very deep understanding of the Nigerian society. Are you an analyst or historian of some sort?
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by oobim(m): 6:56pm On Jan 15, 2012
U cant deceive us,u blood sucking demons.this should also enlighten u on how accomodating xtians could be.they stil allowed u in,even after u have killed many of their own.Christians,dnt let dis act deceive u!guard urselves,amen
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 15, 2012
smiley
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 15, 2012
Olodostein:

I try. Just that some people try to frustrate the efforts and make you wanna do your thing. I will continue in steadfastness though cool. We Africans are so confused embarassed. We need our own Renaissance and Age of Reason in the African context. Not to let our future generation continue in the confusion.

You seem to have a very deep understanding of the Nigerian society. Are you an analyst or historian of some sort?

I am flattered. I am an engineer by training but have a penchant for History. I comment here typically on weekends. I believe history is what drives what we do as a people. Without history, you don't know who you are, what your forefathers were and you will be pessimistic in all you do because you have no history of who you are and your abilities. I also admire your verse knowledge of ancient history and global affairs.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by Rad1cal: 7:21pm On Jan 15, 2012
guonno:

This question goes to u muslim that said it is haram for a muslim to enter a church. Between a CHRISTIAN and a muslim, who is meant to forbid who, is it we christians that descended from a blessed man (Isaac) or muslims that descended from a cursed and desert banished (no wonder most of u stay in the desert) child (ishmael). No wonder your religion smells violence, still angry abraham did not blessed your father (ishmael) ? Is that y u kill Christians? Ohh that wrong. I dey joke O! Ndi aragbanko. [size=16pt]May Odin sink your fake ship when ever u sail on our shores without our oder to sailon like true captains on red [/b]and [b]black attire[/size]. Muslims, keep monopolizing killings until we here go to war from our peace loving leaders, then u will know that u know nothing about handling metals. Amature claiming double 07.

Solid Arrow mate ,Arrow Badger there  grin .

The very wosky of the woskiest

Giving orientation to those who need them
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by Rad1cal: 7:28pm On Jan 15, 2012
When the dreaded Islamic clerics show the same zeal , then we might faintly believe their fake visit .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Claims Victory In Presidential Election Ahead Of Inec’s Declaration / Confusion In APC As Party Suspends Timipre Sylva, Asks Lokpobiri To Resign / Suicide Bomb At A Mosque In Muna, Maiduguri (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.