Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol (34248 Views)

Jonathan Approves Diezani’s Sister And 60 Others For Political Appointments / Pres Jonathan Approves Automatic Promotion for Soldiers who Liberated Baga / Falling Crude Oil Price and Nigeria's N97/Litre Fuel Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Siga: 4:27am On Jan 16, 2012
Enough Ghana Must go don exchange hands, all man do chop pay, wink
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by lastpage: 4:32am On Jan 16, 2012
@Kobojunkie:
Ignore those paid Agents touting that strike is cancelled.
Just read their previous posts on NL (click their usernames and then click previous posts) and you  would know their antecedents

ALL they are trying to do is DEMORALIZE THE PEOPLE by spreading false rumors.

Lastpage.

BTW: This PROTEST transcend the Organized Labor (NLC?TUC).

WE still remember how Oshiomole (Now a Governor!) and Reuben Abatti(Now a Media Mouth Piece to GEJ!) sold-out on the last feul increase under OBJ as they both were bribed with huge sums and parcels of Land in Abuja, to truncate the fuel-hike protest, under Obasanjo!

If they SELL-OUT AS USUAL, NIGERIANS WILL TAKE TO THE STREETS WITHOUT ORGANIZED LABOR AND LABOR ITSELF WILL LOOSE RELEVANCE.
The Government says Nigerians are foolish and Cowards, The day has come to prove them right or wrong.

[size=14pt]ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, =N=65 or NOTHING. Labour or No Labour, Aluta Continua.[/size]
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Lordlordedo: 4:33am On Jan 16, 2012
MTN 5GB DATA PLAN FREE

IF YOU MISSED THE 3GB DATA PLAN

THAT WE POSTED AT @ http://einsteingurus.com

here IS YOUR CHANCE AGAIN TO

GET THESE FREE

MTN 5GB DATA PLAN HACK FOR 2MONTHS FREE OF CHARGE

WITH AN ELECTRONIC

AUTOMATED CODE

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR

9AM WE ARE POSTING IT LIVE IN http://einsteingurus.com
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by jmaine: 4:37am On Jan 16, 2012
Wonder why folks are so worked up that NLC has called off all  protests and rallies . . . . . . You were all dreaming of something more dramatic . . .

What manner of disappointment  grin  . . . .
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by kizito96(m): 4:41am On Jan 16, 2012
That is not what we talking about. He is doing as if he is doing the masses a favour. He should listen to the voice of the people.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by MOM1(m): 4:56am On Jan 16, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PeKk9kjKqU God Bless Eedris Abdulkareem
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by ziccoit: 4:57am On Jan 16, 2012
The desperation of few inconsequential government agents on this thread is alarming. You would think by been ferociously desperate, they have seen what you don't towards a better Nigeria. But NO. They are being pushed by dangerous ulterior motives which I personally don't care. At least in the spirit of democary.

But, why engaging in deceits and lies just to infect the pure unsuspecting minds baffles me. What they are doing here is situational. They are coming back tomorrow on their knees preaching contradictory views against what you may have known them for.

watch out.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Rad1cal: 5:00am On Jan 16, 2012
[size=18pt]Occupy[b]Ojota[/b] Nigeria = Occupy your house   grin  [/size]
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Rad1cal: 5:14am On Jan 16, 2012
If the struggle transcends organized labour then why keep vigil over their press announcement

Some are even in self denial over a crumbling situation

pent up anger won't change the course of event

it would rather result to premature wrinkles on your face cheesy
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nobody: 5:16am On Jan 16, 2012
Nigerian Union Calls Off Street Protests
Unions have called off street protests amid issues of security, but continue with nationwide strike.

Nigerian unions have decided to call off street protests due to security concerns, but a week-old nationwide strike over
soaring fuel prices will remain in place, a labour leader said.

"We came to a conclusion that we will stay at home, that is stay off the streets, in order to make sure that we don't in the first instance endanger innocent lives because of the security situation in the country," Nigeria Labour Congress chief Abdulwahed Omar told Channels television on Monday.

Asked if the strike would continue, he said, "yes, but we have suspended the street protests."

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/africa/2012/01/201211613350125143.html?utm_content=automateplus&utm_campaign=Trial6&utm_source=SocialFlow&utm_term=tweets&utm_medium=MasterAccount
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Lordlordedo: 5:22am On Jan 16, 2012
MTN 5GB DATA PLAN FREE

IF YOU MISSED THE 3GB DATA PLAN

THAT WE POSTED AT @ http://einsteingurus.com

here IS YOUR CHANCE AGAIN TO

GET THESE FREE

MTN 5GB DATA PLAN HACK FOR 2MONTHS FREE OF CHARGE

WITH AN ELECTRONIC

AUTOMATED CODE

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR

9AM WE ARE POSTING IT LIVE IN http://einsteingurus.com
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by studyineu: 5:22am On Jan 16, 2012
From strike suspension to strike called off. Una should rejoice that he agreed at 97 per litre.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Rad1cal: 5:25am On Jan 16, 2012
An aid to the sad people . . Reality beckons  grin

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/africa/2012/01/201211613350125143.html?utm_content=automateplus&utm_campaign=Trial6&utm_source=SocialFlow&utm_term=tweets&utm_medium=MasterAccount

[size=16pt]Nigerian unions have decided to call off street protests due to security concerns, but a week-old nationwide strike over
soaring fuel prices will remain in place, a labour leader said.
[/size]

"[size=16pt]We came to a conclusion that we will stay at home, that is stay off the streets, in order to make sure that we don't in the first instance endanger innocent lives because of the security situation in the country," Nigeria Labour Congress chief Abdulwahed Omar told Channels television on Monday.[/size]

[size=16pt]Asked if the strike would continue, he said, "yes, but we have suspended the street protests."[/size]

Omar said President Goodluck Jonathan had raised the security concerns during his meeting with labour leaders late on Sunday aimed at ending the strike in Africa's most populous nation and largest oil producer.

He said Jonathan spoke of "serious security reports indicating that there is every likelihood that people outside organised labour may try to hijack the street protests."

[size=16pt]Omar also said Jonathan "told us that he has decided to put on hold the issue of full deregulation pending the provision of certain things, especially in the areas of palliatives and so on , "

The president's position, however, was apparently not enough for unions to announce an end to the strike, with labour leaders demanding a return to pre-January 1 petrol prices before further negotiations can occur.[/size]

A nationwide strike and protests that began January 9 have brought tens of thousands into the streets and shut down Africa's most populous nation.

While the strike was suspended for the weekend, labour leaders warned it would resume on Monday if a deal had not been reached. An earlier threat to shut down oil production however has been put on hold.

Unions launched the strike after the government deregulated the downstream petroleum sector and ended fuel subsidies on January 1, which more than doubled petrol prices overnight.

Did someone see channels television up there

Suddenly peeps feel channels TV is not a news worthy station.

Why i my not surprised  cool
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by DonADESIDA(m): 5:31am On Jan 16, 2012
Not really my man and I've been thinking of that right from onset but I gat more confidence to say this when I saw something similar to my opinion on NTA yesternight.
That is the way forward I think and what do you think and mind you,I'm a trained WEALTH CREATION who looks into future and not current situation.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nobody: 5:43am On Jan 16, 2012
Woman.

I don't trust extra revenue in the hands of GEJ and his regime. Not when he's spending hundreds of millions of Naira on food and kitchen appliances and travels with 20+ cars. How many opportunities do we have to give them? Enough is enough jor. We don't get second chances in life, so why do we keep giving them chances when we have seen them worsen the livelihood of Nigerians?
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by moshoodn(m): 5:51am On Jan 16, 2012
I still can't fathom where this will lead. . . .
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Beaf: 5:58am On Jan 16, 2012
Imagine carrying out a "revolution" over the cost of fuel when there are far more weighty issues concerning our national structure? shocked
It was always going to hit the rocks at some point, and its hit the rocks very badly indeed.

Any movement that is not backed by an enduring philosophy is bound to fail. What is the philosophy of #Occupy? Is it N65 per litre fuel?
Is that what is hoped will develop the country and cater for generations yet unborn?
Bloody laughable!

Nigeria cannot be directed by those who have only just gleefully welcomed the presence of their first couple of pubic hairs. You do not have all power and understanding, cos you have twitter and facebook accounts. You've got to have a grounding in how the World meshes together first; in fact, all that #Occupy has achieved with their infuriating ignorance/dishonesty is moving the nation to the brink of fullscale ethnic warfare.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nobody: 6:02am On Jan 16, 2012
Beaf:
Imagine carrying out a "revolution" over the cost of fuel when there are far more weighty issues concerning our national structure? shocked
It was always going to hit the rocks at some point, and its hit the rocks very badly indeed.

Any movement that is not backed by an enduring philosophy is bound to fail. What is the philosophy of #Occupy? Is it N65 per litre fuel?
Is that what is hoped will develop the country and cater for generations yet unborn?
Bloody laughable!

Nigeria cannot be directed by those who have only just gleefully welcomed the presence of their first couple of pubic hairs. You do not have all power and understanding, cos you have twitter and facebook accounts. You've got to have a grounding in how the World meshes together first; all #Occupy achieved with their infuriating ignorance/dishonesty was moving the nation to the brink of fullscale ethnic warfare.

Are they done?
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by jodeci(m): 6:02am On Jan 16, 2012
Beaf:

Any movement that is not backed by an enduring philosophy is bound to fail. [size=8pt]Nigeria cannot be directed by those who have only just gleefully welcomed the presence of their first couple of pubic hairs[/size]; you do not have all power and understanding, cos you have twitter and facebook accounts. You've got to have a grounding in how the World meshes together first; all #Occupy achieved with their infuriating ignorance/dishonesty was moving the nation to the brink of fullscale ethnic warfare.

The bolded got me cracking grin grin grin
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by saviola: 6:17am On Jan 16, 2012
Thank u Mr. President,in as much we understand wit u on your intended good plans 4 this nation,it's also pernitent 2 note that most Nigerian are not against your deregulation policy of d downstream sector, except 4 d few who are doing so 4 some hidden agenda.#97 is fairly okay,i think we can manage and i will urge all reasonable Nigerians and labour 2 pause and have a rethink .We will be ready 2 let go d #65 bargain , only and only if Nigerians certain on d post subsidy gains of d government in d near future or wil soon a mirage just like BABA'S Visiön 20100's dat barely ever come. I will resolve as follows: That GEJ brings all d so call identified cabals that have been recking this country image 2 book without fear or favour.2.Deal precisely with all those indicted in d petroleum sector and NNPC audit 4 d past 10-12yrs,recover all d stolen wealth and replough it back 2 national planning. 3.Deliver on all d deliverables as promised on job creation,power,infant mortality rate,green house gases effect,Turn Around Maintenace ön our rèfineries and build new ones if need be,etc.4 Reduction on total current expenditure 4 d yr,especially on d SALARIES OF OUR SO CALLED POLITIFCIANS/MONEY MAKERS.5. Assure us on d security of all Nigerians,void of tribal or religious sentiments and bring pepertrators 2 books,irrespective of their political or social,then u wil have d trust backing of all Nigerians 2 propel us 2 greater heights,then, NIGERIA WILL BE A BETTER PLACE 4 ALL.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by heavyheavy: 6:20am On Jan 16, 2012
God bless you Mr. President, may He keep on unholding you in all ways and bless your enemy,
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by filia4real(m): 6:22am On Jan 16, 2012
If Nigeria burns to the ground who will benefit from its ashes?
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by malali: 6:29am On Jan 16, 2012
beaf or whatever u name your type

Nigeria cannot be directed by those who have only just gleefully welcomed the presence of their first couple of pubic hairs/quote]

gowon was head of state @ 32

age is not the problem
if we rid nigeria of imbecilic nincompoops like you
we are certain to move forward
tell your shoeless cum brainless paymaster
change is here,

Nigeria shall be great again
arise o'compatriots!!!!!!!!
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by DonADESIDA(m): 6:31am On Jan 16, 2012
ogugua88:

Woman.

I don't trust extra revenue in the hands of GEJ and his regime. Not when he's spending hundreds of millions of Naira on food and kitchen appliances and travels with 20+ cars. How many opportunities do we have to give them? Enough is enough jor. We don't get second chances in life, so why do we keep giving them chances when we have seen them worsen the livelihood of Nigerians?

Are you trying to call GEJ a woman?
GEJ is just someone like me that is very gentle but a determined to succeed personnel that most people do think that I'm wrong whenever I start anything and even don't support me most time but I tell you that with this attitude,I've been able to achieve lots of things unbelievable and you can checkout my FACEBOOK profile at

www.facebook.com/presegs

for the evidence of my successes with the help of God and I know that God will support and He is supporting his regime big time.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by TopAnalyst(m): 6:34am On Jan 16, 2012
Beaf:

Bloody laughable!

Nigeria cannot be directed by those who have only just gleefully welcomed the presence of their first couple of pubic hairs. You do not have all power and understanding, cos you have twitter and facebook accounts. You've got to have a grounding in how the World meshes together first; in fact, all that #Occupy has achieved with their infuriating ignorance/dishonesty is moving the nation to the brink of fullscale ethnic warfare.

@Beaf, you never disappoint us. You've always displayed your naivety in all your comments on public issues. I am very sure you are Asari Dokubo masking under the name Beaf. I can understand the effect on you of several years of militancy in the creeks.
I'll advise you to take a one week break from posting comments on Nairaland. We want to read other people's comments and not yours for now.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nobody: 6:37am On Jan 16, 2012
[size=20pt]Now that the prices of things have gone up, he is acting. Can he make the prices of those things to go down? Everybody knows that in nigeria, once the prices of petrol increase, the prices of food stuffs and others things will go up to and it will never come down. [/size]
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by fayawo: 6:44am On Jan 16, 2012
Ouuuuucchhh! Na today yansh don dey back! I was waiting to see how far we could go with all the energy everybody had last week for the occupy occupy,

Nigerians will continue to be Nigerians, Labour will continue to be Labour , Ghana Must Go will continue to change hands, Government knows how to break the strikes and they know Nigerians will shout today and they will adapt again as usal,

We had all the chance to rewrite our history and fortune last year without a bloody revolution like middle east but we blew the opportunity

[b][/b]All the best in 2015! If you guys like again vote the wrong people in, Rich people at the top will continue to milk Nigeria dry and we will continue to complain,

I supported Buhari in the last election from diaspora,
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nyntynplus: 6:45am On Jan 16, 2012
WE NO GO GREE WOO
WE NO GO GREE
50 KOBO
WE NO GO PAY!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Nigeria Army Retakes Mubi From Boko-Haram / Doyin Okupe Speaks. / Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.