Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,470 members, 7,819,718 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Efcc Swoops On Pppra, Carts Away Files - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Efcc Swoops On Pppra, Carts Away Files (3647 Views)

PENGASSAN Shuts Down PPPRA Offices Over Appointment Issues (Photo) / EFCC Swoops On Diezani’s Residence In Abuja As Ex-minister Is Arrested In London / Jonathan's Aide, Omokri Burglarizes House In Delta, Carts Away N25million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Efcc Swoops On Pppra, Carts Away Files by OAM4J: 2:49am On Jan 17, 2012
EFCC swoops on PPPRA, carts away files

ABUJA — Following a directive by the Federal Government for the immediate review and investigation into all payments made in respect of subsidies on Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) and kerosene, operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, yesterday, swooped on the Petroleum Products Pricing and Regulatory Agency, PPPRA.

PPPRA is the agency saddled with the responsibility of ensuring petroleum products availability, moderating price volatility as well as regulating activities of operators in the petroleum industry.

Acting Head of Media and Publicity in the Commission, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, who disclosed the operation to our correspondent in Abuja, said the EFCC would also visit other government agencies involved in the management of the nation’s oil and gas resources.

Uwujaren noted that EFCC operatives visited the PPPRA “in line with the invitation from the Minister of Petroleum Resources to investigate the process of subsidy payments on petroleum products. This is only the first step in our investigation.

“We shall also be visiting other agencies and corporations that manage oil and gas resources on behalf of the country, as well as the marketers of the petroleum products.”

He, however, would not confirm if any arrests were made so far by the Commission, stressing that the operation at PPPRA was only the first leg of “a long and rigorous investigation into the activities of these agencies that regulate petroleum products production and distribution in the country.”

As part of the outcome of negotiations by the Federal Government and organized labour over the removal of subsidy, the government promised to clamp down on alleged acts of corruption within the petroleum industry.

This led to approval by President Goodluck Jonathan for the anti-graft agency to review all payments made in respect of subsidies on PMS and kerosene, and to take all necessary steps prosecute any incidence of malfeasance, fraud, over-invoicing, and related illegalities in an open and transparent manner.

According to the letter dated January 12, 2012, addressed to the Acting Chairman of EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde, and signed by the Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, the Commission is to “immediately review and investigate all payments made in respect of subsidies checked against actual importations and to take all necessary steps to prosecute any persons involved in any incidence of malfeasance, fraud, over-payments and related illegalities.”

It noted that the Federal Government has over the years run a subsidy regime in petroleum imports where the difference between the cost of importation and the pump price is paid for by the government to pre-approved oil marketing companies and importers.

“Over the years, this bill has grown exponentially to unsustainable levels,” Alison-Madueke observed, adding that as Petroleum Minister, she has been extremely concerned with the figures.

She added that, “Following the recent transfer of the PPPRA to my ministry last year, I have moved quickly to change management and inaugurate a comprehensive reform process which include drastic cuts in the list of importers, review of payments and procedures, as well as massive redeployment of staff within the agency.”

The Minister further noted that she has set up a unit within her Ministry to be headed by an independent auditor to review the KPMG and other audit reports on the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, and other parastatals and to immediately begin implementation of their findings.

“I am en-paneling another unit in my office to begin a comprehensive review of the management and controls within all parastatals and in the Ministry of Petroleum Resources, including but not limited to NNPC, PPPRA and DPR. Accordingly, I expect a report in 30 days to enable us take further action reforming management, personnel, and other practices and procedures in parastatals within the Ministry,” Alison-Madueke added.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/efcc-swoops-on-pppra-carts-away-files/
Re: Efcc Swoops On Pppra, Carts Away Files by EkoIle1: 3:35am On Jan 17, 2012
We've seen the same drama to many times and we've read the same story too many times.
Re: Efcc Swoops On Pppra, Carts Away Files by Kobojunkie: 3:47am On Jan 17, 2012
I tell you what . . . . . I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone can be swayed by this same script each and every time. What irks me the most if that these goons in power think Nigerians are foolish enough to buy this charade each and every time. Question, is are they right?
Re: Efcc Swoops On Pppra, Carts Away Files by canuck(m): 3:47am On Jan 17, 2012
Na today? So fraud investigation is an invitation-only party? If we the people did not pressure the govt, who invited EFCC, dem go just dey look like Lucozade?! Mcshew!
Re: Efcc Swoops On Pppra, Carts Away Files by Nchara: 4:23am On Jan 17, 2012
Hope this one goes well. We know from which region most of the cabals come from. My only problem is that the head of EFCC (Babafemi) is from the same region as the main cabals. I hope he does his job without any primordial sentiments.
Re: Efcc Swoops On Pppra, Carts Away Files by Kx: 9:16am On Jan 17, 2012
Should nt Allison Madueke "step aside" for this investigation to be all inclusive if it is to achieve anything meaningful at all.

[size=14pt]Nothing will come out of this.[/size]
Re: Efcc Swoops On Pppra, Carts Away Files by Korrection(m): 9:22am On Jan 17, 2012
cabals cabals cabals, how many times did i call you?? i wish the story is true, but even if it is, who goes to jail for it and what are they really bursting them for when they are all involved in the same ole shit??
Re: Efcc Swoops On Pppra, Carts Away Files by hoodboy(m): 9:23am On Jan 17, 2012
Nchara:

Hope this one goes well. We know from which region most of the cabals come from. My only problem is that the head of EFCC (Babafemi) is from the same region as the main cabals. I hope he does his job without any primordial sentiments.

I don't know if calling you "fullish" is enough adjective to describe your backwardness and hate. You are a shame to progress and are undeserving of such as well. Playing the ethnic card on an issue that affects the whole of Nigerians (from the old women in your village to the young industrious boys in the city) people like you are the reason I weep for Nigeria, guided by sentiments and blind to facts and history (like Beaf). Remember that the suffering that the nation is experiencing is not region specific, and you will be counted among casualty when the pain starts to bite
Re: Efcc Swoops On Pppra, Carts Away Files by Konnektions146(m): 9:37am On Jan 17, 2012
i just hope i should start believing Nigeria.

i believe in Naija!!!
Re: Efcc Swoops On Pppra, Carts Away Files by AfricaFace(f): 9:44am On Jan 17, 2012
Act 1 Scene 2, better don't follow the drama, beleive me, it won't get to the end
Re: Efcc Swoops On Pppra, Carts Away Files by JimmyBoy1: 9:53am On Jan 17, 2012
This is about 7 months since they were sworn in, so the wouldnt have done anything without people taking to the streets?
Re: Efcc Swoops On Pppra, Carts Away Files by yokiti: 9:59am On Jan 17, 2012
This is not the first time, Will anything good that will send a signal to our corrupt elite come out of it?
Re: Efcc Swoops On Pppra, Carts Away Files by kulutempa: 10:02am On Jan 17, 2012
The government doesn't even know how ridiculous it sounds to announce criminal investigations in advance and allow important evidence to be destroyed or go 'missing'.  I think some lowly officials are likely to be arrested and prosecuted but not the big wig untouchables.   That only happens in other countries, not Nigeria.
Re: Efcc Swoops On Pppra, Carts Away Files by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 17, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I tell you what . . . . . I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone can be swayed by this same script each and every time. What irks me the most if that these goons in power think Nigerians are foolish enough to buy this charade each and every time. Question, is are they right?

Oh, you seek an answer? Ok lemme help you: What happened to the protest?
Re: Efcc Swoops On Pppra, Carts Away Files by bashydemy(m): 10:37am On Jan 17, 2012
Same old story,
Re: Efcc Swoops On Pppra, Carts Away Files by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 17, 2012
Deception upon deception, it's just a matter of time. Soon, bush meat will chase the hunter.
Re: Efcc Swoops On Pppra, Carts Away Files by LEXYLOV: 11:34am On Jan 17, 2012
kulutempa:

The government doesn't even know how ridiculous it sounds to announce criminal investigations in advance and allow important evidence to be destroyed or go 'missing'.  I think some lowly officials are likely to be arrested and prosecuted but not the big wig untouchables.   That only happens in other countries, not Nigeria.
What do you expect from a clueless and inexperience dummy called EBELE BADLUCK Jonathan? He became the unfortunate president through the tribal/religious sentiments and the so called lucky flowing which am sure its a voodoo lucks.
Re: Efcc Swoops On Pppra, Carts Away Files by BERNIMOORE: 11:38am On Jan 17, 2012
[b]FORUMITES, FORUMITES, FORUM-ITES, HOW MANY TIME DID I CALL YOU?

it will SHOCK you to know that many on this forum who spearhead condeming this particular investigation are TINUBU followers who have got their hands soiled,and just note their comments as the investigation goes on,
THEY WILL DO EVERYTHIN TO RUBBISH THE INVESTIGATION BY SAYING THAT ITS SELECTIVE,OR BASED ON PARTY DIFFERENCES BUT SHY AWAY FROM THE FACT THAT THE OFFENCES WERE REALLY COMMITED BY THE LEADERS THEY FOLLOW.it is advisable not to join issues with them because they have no morals in anywaywhatsoever.
PLS NOTE THE FIRST ON THE LIST ACCORDING TO THEIR MONIES BEFOREHAND NOW BEFORE THESE INDIVIDUALS STARTS THEIR SHOUTING BECAUSE THEY WANT TO MAKE PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT THEIR IS NO CABAL ANYWHERE,

BUT FIGURES HERE SHOWS, The full list of cabals, and their individual haul, as read out by Senator Abe,
is as followssadNOTE THAT THE FIRST IS OANDO OWNED BY ASIWAJU BOLA TINUBU,his younger brother wale tinubu is just a figure head,pls let us hail the 'leader' ASIWAJU means 'leader' in yoruba language,and true to his name HE IS THE ASIWAJU AWON OLE, leader of the thiefs,its not written by me but was read out by senator Abe),check google yourself type keyword cabals exposed by senator Magnus Abe,;

1. Oando Nigerian Plc. – N228.506 billion

2. MRS –N224.818 billion

3. Pinnacle Construction-N300 billion

4. Enak Oil & Gas –N19.684 billion

5. CONOIl – N37.960 billion

6. Bovas & Co. Nig. Ltd. – N5.685 billion,

7. Obat N85 billion and AP; N104.5billion.

8. Folawiyo Oil - N113.3 billion

9. 8.IPMAN Investment Limited- N10.9billion

10. ACON - N24.1billion

11. Atio Oil-N64.4billion

12. AMP- N11.4billion

13. Honeywell-N12.2billion

14. Emac Oil- N19.2billion

15. D.Jones Oil-N14.8billion;

16. Capital Oil - N22.4 billion

17. AZ Oil- N18.613billion

18. Eterna oil- N5.57 billion

19. Dozil oil- N3.375 billion

20. Fort oil-N8.582 billion.

21. Integrated Oil and Gas- N30.777 billion

[/b]
Re: Efcc Swoops On Pppra, Carts Away Files by MrResource(m): 11:41am On Jan 17, 2012
Same poo as always
Re: Efcc Swoops On Pppra, Carts Away Files by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 17, 2012
I didn't even bother to read the post - I knew 90% of the NLers would see it to be a 'script' put on 'repeat' - we've seen/heard this over and over and nothing happened afterwards.
Re: Efcc Swoops On Pppra, Carts Away Files by akinmax: 12:02pm On Jan 17, 2012
OAM4J:

EFCC swoops on PPPRA, carts away files

ABUJA — Following a directive by the Federal Government for the immediate review and investigation into all payments made in respect of subsidies on Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) and kerosene, operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, yesterday, swooped on the Petroleum Products Pricing and Regulatory Agency, PPPRA.

PPPRA is the agency saddled with the responsibility of ensuring petroleum products availability, moderating price volatility as well as regulating activities of operators in the petroleum industry.

Acting Head of Media and Publicity in the Commission, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, who disclosed the operation to our correspondent in Abuja, said  the EFCC would also visit other government agencies involved in the management of the nation’s oil and gas resources.

Uwujaren noted that EFCC operatives visited the PPPRA “in line with the invitation from the Minister of Petroleum Resources to investigate the process of subsidy payments on petroleum products. This is only the first step in our investigation.

“We shall also be visiting other agencies and corporations that manage oil and gas resources on behalf of the country, as well as the marketers of the petroleum products.”

He, however, would not confirm if any arrests were made so far by the Commission, stressing that the operation at PPPRA was only the first leg of “a long and rigorous investigation into the activities of these agencies that regulate petroleum products production and distribution in the country.”

As part of the outcome of negotiations by the Federal Government and organized labour over the removal of subsidy, the government promised to clamp down on alleged acts of corruption within the petroleum industry.

This led to approval by President Goodluck Jonathan for the anti-graft agency to review all  payments made in respect of subsidies on PMS and kerosene, and to take all necessary steps prosecute any incidence of malfeasance, fraud, over-invoicing, and related illegalities in an open and transparent manner.

According to the letter dated January 12, 2012, addressed to the Acting Chairman of EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde, and signed by the Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, the Commission is to “immediately review and investigate all payments made in respect of subsidies checked against actual importations and to take all necessary steps to prosecute any persons involved in any incidence of malfeasance, fraud, over-payments and related illegalities.”

It noted that the Federal Government has over the years run a subsidy regime in petroleum imports where the difference between the cost of importation and the pump price is paid for by the government to pre-approved oil marketing companies and importers.

“Over the years, this bill has grown exponentially to unsustainable levels,” Alison-Madueke observed, adding that as Petroleum Minister, she has been extremely concerned with the figures.

She added that, “Following the recent transfer of the PPPRA to my ministry last year, I have moved quickly to change management and inaugurate a comprehensive reform process which include drastic cuts in the list of importers, review of payments and procedures, as well as massive redeployment of staff within the agency.”

The Minister further noted that she has set up a unit within her Ministry to be headed by an independent auditor to review the KPMG and other audit reports on the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, and other parastatals and to immediately begin implementation of their findings.

“I am en-paneling another unit in my office to begin a comprehensive review of the management and controls within all parastatals and in the Ministry of Petroleum Resources, including but not limited to NNPC, PPPRA and DPR. Accordingly, I expect a report in 30 days to enable us take further action reforming management, personnel, and other practices and procedures in parastatals within the Ministry,” Alison-Madueke added.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/efcc-swoops-on-pppra-carts-away-files/

Imagine!. I bet ,this is just a decoy, waste of time and resources.The outcome is predetermined already.
Re: Efcc Swoops On Pppra, Carts Away Files by lastpage: 12:15pm On Jan 17, 2012
Acting Head of Media and Publicity in the Commission, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, who disclosed the operation to our correspondent in Abuja, said  the EFCC would also visit other government agencies involved in the management of the nation’s oil and gas resources.

In a letter SIGNED BY THE MINISTER FOR PETROLEUM, ALLISON MADUEKE, bla bla bla,   ,    ,   ,

Thank you Kulutempa!
Even an illiterate small boy like me is smart enough to know that you dont "inform the thief you're coming to arrest him", before swooping on him!

In my own opinion, just by doing that and loosing the "element of surprise" EFCC has lost 75% of the battle
Nothing meaningful can come out of this exercise in futility.

And to think it was even the Minister overseeing the corruption, that is ordering the investigations! shocked shocked

But on the other hand, maybe this is exactly how the "script" should run,
like FELA would say "AUTHORITY STEALING"
grin grin

In Societies where people have a tiny amount of shame and self dignity, the Minister would offer to step aside so as not to impede the investigations (and come back when given a clean bill, even more proud and dignified!).

[size=14pt]But who says these criminals have any modicum of shame, dignity or self-respect?
They are just crass, brute criminals of the lowliest human form!
[/size]

Another evidence that GoodBadluck Jonathan is insincere and criminally minded. wink

Lastpage!

BTW: Will the FBI wait till given the go-ahead in A LETTER, before investigating treasonable offenses like we have seen exposed in the last few days?
ONLY IN NIGERIA! I hail o! grin grin sad

Let me sing Femi Anikulapo Kuti small jare: I sorry, sorry ,sooorrry, l sorry for my Kontiri, sorry, sorry soorrry Ooooo, I sorry for Nigeria,   ,   ,
Re: Efcc Swoops On Pppra, Carts Away Files by seunlayi(m): 12:28pm On Jan 17, 2012
As expected. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Efcc Swoops On Pppra, Carts Away Files by 1forall: 12:59pm On Jan 17, 2012
And what was the result of similar raids on Bankole? Daniel? Akala? and so many more I can't recall right now?

Government apologists playing to the gallery!

EFCC = Extremely Fraudulent & Corrupt Commission
Re: Efcc Swoops On Pppra, Carts Away Files by IOludayo(m): 5:51pm On Jan 17, 2012
We exclusively represent Aglomar SL, Monaco, Spain, makers of 2 in 1 dual purpose plaster paint and interior decoration products. Our products save you the costs of cement, paint and sand as well as painting and plastering wages. They have been successfully used in Lagos and Ogun States. It provides a unique, water proof finishing for interior and exterior use with the paint being durable for 12 years. It gives your building a unique, beautiful and classy look. It can be used for homes, factories, hotels etc

We wish to partner with individuals, architects engineers, estate developers and builders throughout the country. Contact Ugo-Rosis & Associates on 081 8836 0168, 081 3223 2989. Distributors and marketers wanted nationwide.

see us online at /ugo-rosis OR connect with the Biz Dev Manager on facebook.com/isaacbiz
Re: Efcc Swoops On Pppra, Carts Away Files by IOludayo(m): 6:03pm On Jan 17, 2012
We exclusively represent Aglomar SL, Monaco, Spain, makers of 2 in 1 dual purpose plaster paint and interior decoration products. Our products save you the costs of cement, paint and sand as well as painting and plastering wages. They have been successfully used in Lagos and Ogun States. It provides a unique, water proof finishing for interior and exterior use with the paint being durable for 12 years. It gives your building a unique, beautiful and classy look. It can be used for homes, factories, hotels etc

We wish to partner with individuals, architects engineers, estate developers and builders throughout the country. Contact Ugo-Rosis & Associates on 081 8836 0168, 081 3223 2989. Distributors and marketers wanted nationwide.

see us online at /ugo-rosis OR connect with the Biz Dev Manager on facebook.com/isaacbiz
Re: Efcc Swoops On Pppra, Carts Away Files by BIGERBOY1: 6:09pm On Jan 17, 2012
FILM TRICK!
Re: Efcc Swoops On Pppra, Carts Away Files by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 17, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Oh sure they are right! and yes Nigerians will keep falling for the same ol' trick grin I doubt it is foolishness or stupid.ity though. I think we have become soo intellectually, economically, spiritually and romatically poor to even bother thinking about it. we just dey swallow garri with sand wash am down with pure water grin
Re: Efcc Swoops On Pppra, Carts Away Files by krysto(m): 6:25am On Jan 18, 2012
Gov't magic again. Whatever is the outcome will definately be swept under the carpet withot any prosecution because nobody is clean.
Re: Efcc Swoops On Pppra, Carts Away Files by sharubutu(m): 10:53am On Jan 18, 2012
goodluck orr badluck, whatever is your name. what you do with the so called cartel is non of my business. just make sure you fulfil your various promises to us, cos i know the efcc investigation will amount to nothing.

(1) (Reply)

GEJ Is On A Mission To Destablize Nigeria For Disintegration In 2015 / Igbos On Rampage In Lagos As APC Insist On Depoting Them / Abati Explains Why The president Didn't Say Amen To anti Corruption Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.