Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Is President Goodluck Jonathan Corruption Free? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is President Goodluck Jonathan Corruption Free? (2069 Views)

Which States In Nigeria Are Corruption Free? / Former EFCC Boss Eulogizes Uduaghan For Running Corruption-free Administration / Do You Think Nigeria Would Ever Be Corruption Free ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is President Goodluck Jonathan Corruption Free? by LoveKing(m): 10:45am On Jan 17, 2012
events in this country is making me to ask this question?
is the president corrupt?

if the president wasnt corrupt free, i would expect him to purge his office and all tiers of government,
i would expect him to reduce the overbloated salaries and allowances the very first time he came into office.
but he has been a beneficiary of that corruption ever since.
what was his doing in alamieyisigha corruption saga when he was deputy governor? the same alams has returned back to pdp glorified under jonathan as head of the party.
he has ordered series of investigation into corruption cases but it ends there. the independence day billions of naira waste has not yet been resolved.
we have heard nothing concerning his wife's corruption case till now.
where is bankole?
why are we paying N97 for fuel when all the hulabaloo was removing fuel subsidy so we can buy at N140 at world market price? if the subsidy is still there, then why N97, why not N65? what is he doing with the remaining N43?

there are many questions in my head, the type the common nigerian is asking everyday, when more comes to my head i'll drop it down
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Corruption Free? by Twy: 10:58am On Jan 17, 2012
I really do not understand the question corruption is quite a broad term and in Nigeria in some levels over 95% of the political class is corrupt. You have to understand that even if the president uses is influence to award contracts to his relatives, wife's relatives, kinsmen, acquintance without due process it is deemed corrupt. Corruption is not merely enriching oneself, also, to reduce corruption contracts, investing people's money needs a certain level of budgetary passage and due process. It is the legislature through the power to pass bills that does some influencing in cornering contracts for their constituency or kins men because they deem it technically does are the people they are representing but when the executive does it it is deemed corrupt. Without fact but from common knowledge of politics in Nigeria the president like almost all previous is corrupt. To me it is as simple as that, it depends on our definition or resolve to eradicate corruption and the policies we want to institute, merit, due process etc.
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Corruption Free? by werepeLeri: 11:02am On Jan 17, 2012
Tell us since you seem to know what we dont know.
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Corruption Free? by LoveKing(m): 11:17am On Jan 17, 2012
I'm asking this question again

why are we paying N97 for fuel when all the hulabaloo was removing fuel subsidy so we can buy at N140 at world market price? if the subsidy is still there, then why N97, why not N65? what is he doing with the remaining N43?

and is the President secretly fighting a resource control battle?

my ijaw militant friends are having a field day refining oil in the creeks. edwin clark knows about this.
but is president jonathan not aware? will the sss keep this detail from him? all the sss personnel cannot be ijaw, if it was then this would be secretly hidden from nigerians. why is the president protecting ijaw militants who are secretly refining oil in the creeks?
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Corruption Free? by werepeLeri: 11:54am On Jan 17, 2012
bros I dont get your message about the price change. You ask what is he doing with the 43, which 43? you mean he reduces from 140 to 97, which is a reduction, and you still ask what is he doing with the 43? where is the 43 from?
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Corruption Free? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 17, 2012
He is not corruption free but neither are any of his predecessors nor most of our other representatives in government/opposition.
Most Nigerians know this but were prepared to give him a small pass (and probably still are), on the proviso that he demonstrates a genuine commitment to stemming the tide.
Problem is; it remains far from clear where his heart really lies.

It should be noted that in the maiden edition of the Spynet Magazine the lead story titled; “The Face of a Fraud?”, “detailed how the Acting President Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, former Bayelsa State Governor, mismanaged the State as Chief Executive. The story however did not go down well with Jonathan and his Committee of Friends especially Chief A.J.Turner. What followed was a well-planned invasion of the magazine and the unlawful arrest of the staffers of the media outfit. Although the mater is now in court, Spynet are still counting their loses. This action portrayed him as  an enemy of the mass media

The second event that prompted the investigation of the assets of the Acting President was the October 21 st edition of The Sunday Sun, where one Mr. Collins Eselemo – Grand Patron of the Ijaw Youth Council (IYC) and President General of the Coastal Mandate – a coalition of socio-cultural groups in the Niger Delta Region raised some issues questioning the integrity of the Acting President. The Coalition leader claimed that “the Acting President lied in his declaration of assets and threatened that he would incur the wrath of the Ijaw Youth Council if he does not open up”. Prince Eselemo also threatened to provide a comprehensive list of the property of the Acting President and to prepare a show down with him. Ijaw Leaders prevailed on him not to wash the dirty linen of their kinsmen.
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Corruption Free? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 17, 2012
that man is a thief and a very corrupt individual. just watch what out befoe may 29 somethings gonna happen lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

If Nigeria Breaks, The North Is Doomed – Yerima / Ghana Kicked Nigerians Out Of Their Country Before Nigeria Did- I Just Found Out / Phone Conversation Between Saraki And Dangote After Saraki's Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.