Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,607 members, 7,955,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:14 PM

You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders (8344 Views)

Igbos Calling Efiks/ibibios War Traitors / Tam David-West Tells Jonathan "Look For Shoes Quickly And Go Back To Otuoke” / The Yorubas Are Traitors, And I Don't Care About The Loss Of Northern Blood - As (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders by honeric01(m): 11:16am On Jan 17, 2012
JANUARY 17, 2012 BY AKINWALE ABOLUWADE, IBADAN 109 COMMENTS

The former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Prof. Tam David-West, on Monday accused Labour leaders of betraying the masses after agreeing with the Federal Government to peg fuel pump price at N97 per litre.

Labour and their civil society allies had insisted that nothing short of a reversion to the old pump price of N65 per litre would stop the nationwide protests against government’s decision.

However David-West, who had consistently denied that there was fuel subsidy, since, regretted that Labour bent backwards and settled for the new pump price.

The lecturer said, “They have exposed themselves to be suspected, rightly or wrongly, to have been bribed by the government.”

He challenged President Goodluck Jonathan and his ministers to open a debate on the issue.

According to him, both Jonathan and Labour are losers in the new deal. He added that the President was a bad loser, having told the world that the Nigerian economy would collapse should petrol be sold for any price below N141 per litre.

The professor of Virology argued that by ordering a probe into fuel subsidy payments at the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, government had accepted that the amount of money it presented to Nigerians as spending on subsidy was false.

He said, “There is no subsidy. What we are subsidising is corruption and fraud.

“What the labour leaders have done is in bad faith because they have exposed themselves to be suspected to have been bribed by the government. After all, they insisted that there was no going back on N65. Labour had a stronger ground than the government.

“Having lost 15 people to the protest, Labour has betrayed the people’s cause. I repeat that peace is better than war. However, peace without justice is no peace.”

David-West joined Labour leaders to lead protests in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital and addressed rallies.

http://www.punchng.com/news/you-are-traitors-david-west-tells-union-leaders/
Re: You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders by destinedtee(m): 12:36pm On Jan 17, 2012
hmmmmmn.
Re: You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders by silibaba: 12:39pm On Jan 17, 2012
my friend go and sit down. bcoz ghana must go no reach u abi. na him make u dey roar like hungry lion. grin grin grin
Re: You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 17, 2012
Buhari also said that the idea that fuel is subsidised, is a fraud.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders by gentlegg(m): 12:40pm On Jan 17, 2012
I don't really know much about this man but when he was Minister for Petroleum, what did he do?
Re: You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders by blacksta(m): 12:41pm On Jan 17, 2012
silibaba:

my friend go and sit down. bcoz ghana must go no reach u abi. na him make u dey roar like hungry lion. grin grin grin

what a dumb comment
Re: You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders by Obijulius: 12:41pm On Jan 17, 2012
Re: You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 17, 2012
When he was a minister of petroleum, he was working under the the very desciplined government of General Buhari, Petrol was selling at  approx 50 kobos /litre and that was with no subsidy, so go figure!!
gentlegg:

I don't really know much about this man but when he was Minister for Petroleum, what did he do?
Re: You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jan 17, 2012
Obijulius:

Mr. David West shld tell Nigerians how he got his property on Orogbum Crescent, GRA Port Harcourt in 2001/2002. Then we shld debate if he really has what it takes to point out d rafter in anyone's eyes.

Nigerians cannot be deceived by dese do-gooders. We need 2 start lettin d world know dose behind d scheme 2 divide d nation beacuse they've not had d chance 2 plunder our resources again.

my friend u are a dumbass! speaking the truth is now a crime, abi.  so u neva know say subsidy na scam.  Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional. a word is enough for the daft like u.
Re: You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders by opribo(m): 12:49pm On Jan 17, 2012
By the grace of God the likes of this professor who wont use their head to further the growth of Nigeria will soon be wiped out of existence. Was this prof not with IBB when SAP was introduced and fuel price increased in that regime, what was his contribution. Is he not the gold wrist watch bribe receiving minister.

He should keep his loud mouth shut and support the government of the day or he can go and jump inside Okrika river if he has nothing meaningful to say other than critisize.
Re: You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders by xanadu333: 12:49pm On Jan 17, 2012
GEJ gave NLC & TUC officials 60million naira to share & further promise to give them their own share from d proceeds from the 97naira pump price henceforth and they all agreed. PDP share d money. my question is if at was u won't u collect
Re: You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders by Johnpaul2k2(m): 12:50pm On Jan 17, 2012
GenBuhari:

must you bring  Pathetic Buhari Issue on everything angry angry angry angry
give it up
Re: You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders by member479760: 12:50pm On Jan 17, 2012
GenBuhari good morning Sir, get ready for 2015 the goat head is done!
Re: You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders by Obijulius: 12:53pm On Jan 17, 2012
@patttcom: by ur own standards u av spoken well.
Re: You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders by gentlegg(m): 12:53pm On Jan 17, 2012
GenBuhari:

When he was a minister of petroleum, he was working under the the very desciplined government of General Buhari, Petrol was selling at  approx 50 kobos /litre and that was with no subsidy, so go figure!!
I almost flow with you but your username wink
Re: You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 17, 2012
There nobody in entire world better qualified to comment on this issue than General Buhari
Johnpaul2k2:

must you bring  Pathetic Buhari Issue on everything angry angry angry angry
give it up
Re: You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders by Obijulius: 12:55pm On Jan 17, 2012
@opribo: by all standards u av spoken eloquently well
Re: You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 17, 2012
Why?

Do you have a problem with my username?

gentlegg:

I almost flow with you but your username wink
Re: You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders by karlmax2: 1:01pm On Jan 17, 2012
Federal government has directed the payment of civil servant salaries every 20th of every month
Re: You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders by 989900: 1:04pm On Jan 17, 2012

When he was, all our refineries were working, he even built the last of them which is the biggest.
Re: You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders by dmainboss: 1:05pm On Jan 17, 2012
GenBuhari:

[size=14pt]The same Buhari that was hiding behind idiagbon? You think everyone here is less than 20years old?
The same Buhari that was minster of petroleum during OBJ's first regime and supervised one of the biggest oil fraud in Nigeria?
The same Buhari that was so clueless he didnt have any plan for democracy or any economic blueprint but kept shouting a sharia style war against indiscipline where he was asking people to be flogged on the streets?
The same Buhari that said moslems should only vote for moslems?
The same Buhari that presided over PTF and totally defrauded Nigeria of billions under abacha's watch?
The same Buhari that was first to support Yerima's drive for the sharialization of Northern Nigeria?
The same stu.p.id illiterate Buhari who keeps loosing election after election?

I guess you think we are children. Nonsense. The next thing you will start to post those your st.up.id long propaganda posts from the 50's. Those tricks will not works anymore.[/size]
Re: You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders by dmainboss: 1:07pm On Jan 17, 2012
989900:

When he was, all our refineries were working, he even built the last of them which is the biggest.

[size=14pt]You people will never stop spewing garbage propaganda. No new refineries have been built since Gowon's regime. Only maintenace and some expansion works.[/size]
Re: You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders by IykeD(m): 1:08pm On Jan 17, 2012
dmainboss:

The same Buhari that was hiding behind idiagbon? You think everyone here is less than 20years old?
The same Buhari that was minster of petroleum during OBJ's first regime and supervised one of the biggest oil fraud in Nigeria?
The same Buhari that was so clueless he didnt have any plan for democracy or any economic blueprint but kept shouting a sharia style war against indiscipline where he was asking people to be flogged on the streets?
The same Buhari that said moslems should only vote for moslems?
The same Buhari that presided over PTF and totally defrauded Nigeria of billions under abacha's watch?
The same Buhari that was first to support Yerima's drive for the sharialization of Northern Nigeria?
The same stu.p.id illiterate Buhari who keeps loosing election after election?

I guess you think we are children. Nonsense. The next thing you will start to post those your st.up.id long propaganda posts from the 50's. Those tricks will not works anymore.

And how does all your "the same Buharis'" correlate with what he pointed out? Now tell me how losing election in a super-corrupt country like Nigeria has become a sin? You need to examine your head bruv!
Re: You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders by dmainboss: 1:13pm On Jan 17, 2012
IykeD:

And how does all your "the same Buharis'" correlate with what he pointed out? Now tell me how losing election in a super-corrupt country like Nigeria has become a sin? You need to examine your head bruv!

It means, he lacks any moral and ethical standing to speak against anyone. He is only looking for cheap popularity and he is an hypocrite. We need sincere Nigerians fighting for Nigerians, not these set of opportunists and thieves who are only looking for their own and we only fare worse.

El Rufai, Buhari, Tam David West are examples of scammers who want to capitalize on the on going situation.
Re: You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders by 1forall: 1:13pm On Jan 17, 2012
Obijulius:

Mr. David West shld tell Nigerians how he got his property on Orogbum Crescent, GRA Port Harcourt in 2001/2002. Then we shld debate if he really has what it takes to point out d rafter in anyone's eyes.

If you know why don't you please tell us so we can view him in the right perspective?
Re: You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders by Nnamsco4real: 1:31pm On Jan 17, 2012
You guys are wasting una time. Strike has been called off, the money has been shared, so why d arrogancy here?
Re: You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders by Sike(m): 1:38pm On Jan 17, 2012
The Die is Cast already. Let's move on abeg!
Re: You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders by chakula: 1:44pm On Jan 17, 2012
Why NL must discuss Buhari on each and every thread here in politics section? alas, what Buhari as a person has to do with this thread you dudes need to grow up.
Re: You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders by LEXYLOV: 1:44pm On Jan 17, 2012
Yes Sir. They failed us, but don't blame them much. Because SE and SS has take the issue into turning point, and its no longer seeing as fuel issue anymore rather than tribal/religions sentiment issue. They abandon the protest and refused to voice out on it fear that GEJ administration will lose trust and that will make him vulnerable and it will become their issue of losing power. That is it. The Union leaders have done their best and the well wish Nigerians has shows strong opposition to that lame policy. So it look like the issue is only for the rest Nigerians not with SS/SE. So let get back to seat and see if they too will not affected. lipsrsealed
Re: You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders by 989900: 1:53pm On Jan 17, 2012
You people will never stop spewing garbage propaganda. No new refineries have been built since Gowon's regime. Only maintenace and some expansion works.

Are you for real? When I make my points, I do when I'm sure about it. I think you'r the one jumping the gun here. . .how about you do your research and find out who built our 160,000 barrels/day capacity refinery @ Alesa Eleme PH. (PH Refinery II) the biggest of our refineries.
Re: You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 17, 2012
Can somebody please expain how Buhari was able to sell fuel at approx 50k /litre without subisidising , yet present government and Obasanjo were claiming to subsidising fuel upto N75/litre and more recently up to N141/litre.

Fellow Nigerians please think about this very carefully and realise you are being cheated and decieved.

If you still believe that government subsidises  fuel at the present price then you are incapable of basic reasoning.
Re: You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders by purefella(m): 1:58pm On Jan 17, 2012
Nnamsco4real:

You guys are wasting una time. Strike has been called off, the money has been shared, so why d arrogancy here?
Sike:

The Die is Cast already. Let's move on abeg!

Not arrogancy people are not happy that the labour leaders betrayed the masses , THE STUPID MONEY THEY COLLECTED VERSUS 15 LIVES TOO BAD

(1) (2) (Reply)

'Name The Criminals' - National Assembly Spokesperson To OBJ / ‘why Igbo Should Produce Lagos Deputy Gov In 2015’ / Enugu PDP Flags Off LG Chairmanship Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.