Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,515 members, 7,954,955 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:10 PM

Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! (4747 Views)

S’court Ruling: Nobody Can Steal My Mandate, Says Wike / Nigerian Soldiers Retreat From Boko Haram Stronghold, Sambisa Forest / Troops Finally Rout Terrorists From Bama And Last Stronghold In Yobe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! by BlackPikiN(m): 2:52am On Jan 18, 2012
By Daniel Idonor

ABUJA- [b]STILL reviewing events of the past week, President Goodluck Jonathan, Tuesday, tongue-lashed those clamouring for a regime change, saying the peoples’ mandate still in his possession makes it very difficult for even a dreamer to attempt such dangerous move.

The President also apologised to the international community resident in Nigeria for the turbulence and trauma it experienced while the one week nationwide strike lasted, saying the temporary crisis has made Nigeria stronger as a nation.

Speaking during the annual diplomatic dinner at the Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja, President Jonathan said despite the protests that trailed the removal of subsidy, the government was prepared to manage the nation’s oil resources to the benefit of the Nigerian people.

His said: “We believe that democracy that is not dictated by the vote of the people is not a good democracy. Until the vote of the people count, that is when we can say this is a democracy. And I believe also that it is difficult for you to topple such a democracy because it is the people that elect those that are ruling.

“But if people impose themselves on ordinary people, of course such a democracy may not be able to stand on a solid ground. With a little turbulence such a government will fall. In Nigeria we are totally committed to democracy and enduring democratic culture that the votes of individuals will count.

“I can assure you that it has even made us stronger and indeed better. We promise that we will continue to grow from strength to strength and for the incident of last week, we have put them behind us and we are moving forward. We will not experience that kind of situation again.

“We will make sure we work hard to ensure we will not experience that again. We appreciate your understanding. I know some people must have come to you and send all kinds of messages to your various governments. I believe that you know that the position of the government is the best for the people.”

President Jonathan said the civil protests have gone a long way in strengthening the resolve of the leadership to make Nigeria a better society.
[/b]
“Let me again thank you for your various role and assure you that as we move into the new year even though we started the year with some kind of protest. I regret the inconveniences some of you passed through because of the government attempt to look at the way we look at our oil industry by adjusting the pump price and the issue of deregulating the oil sector that led to demonstrations by labour and civil societies.

“I believed some of you suffered some inconvenience because you couldn’t go out for a week, you couldn’t visit people you would have loved to visit.”

In an earlier remark, Dean of the diplomatic corps and ambassador of Burkina Faso, Yamego Dramane, thanked the president for organising the dinner.

He expressed the support of the diplomatic community to the leadership of President Jonathan saying that “We stand behind you and Nigeria in the fight against terrorism.”

While recalling the strategic roles of Nigeria in the sub-region and the World in general, the diplomat urged the president to continue to do more for the unity and economic development of the sub-region.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/nigerians-mandate-my-stronghold-jonathan/
Re: Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! by Nobody: 2:56am On Jan 18, 2012
This man is sick in the head! Apologising to foreigners living in Nigeria after killing his own citizens in cold blood? This guy will go down as the most tactless person ever to lead a nation.
Re: Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! by Beaf: 3:12am On Jan 18, 2012
GEJ spoke very well and hit the subversives squarely between the eyes.

His govt was elected by the people, not a section of the people.
No section has the right to attempt to topple the govt of the entire country.
The Nigerian electorate did not vote for the subversives, talkless of giving them the mandate to negate their decision at the ballot box.

If GEJ says such subversion will never occur again, I hope he is ready to play hardball, dish out devastating straight jabs and confounding uppercuts to mentally realign and totally discombobulate to enemy.

Aluta!
Re: Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! by Kilode1: 3:15am On Jan 18, 2012
Mandate? After all the protests?

Surely, Ebele is delusional.
Re: Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! by sbeezy8: 3:24am On Jan 18, 2012
shocked Hes confused

Asari want to protest for SNC, which GEJ govt refused to have before
Igbos want to protest the killings of igbos in the north- which his government is suppose to protect.- some call it "Igbo Genocide in Nigeria."
Northerners want security against bokoharam- which his govt cannot give.

- either way everyone is protesting for their own individual reason, which protest of any kind will make him seem incompetent.
Re: Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! by koruji(m): 4:23am On Jan 18, 2012
It is called face-saving, a phrase his apologists on NL do not understand. To them, he was hitting the "subversives squarely between the eyes" 

Given a massive black eye by the will of the people over a wicked policy he is suddenly jumping around to accuse everyone of "regime change". Meanwhile that phrase has only being heard from only one group of people: GEJ and his officials.

Reminds one of people who become high-pitched and throw around unrelated accusations as soon as it becomes apparent that they are about to lose an argument.

I just hope he doesn't mention anything that sounds like "TRANSFORMATION" in the ears of the Nigerian people from now on. The laughter of 160 million people would be unforgiven.
Re: Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! by Beaf: 4:26am On Jan 18, 2012
^
Bruv, one day your PC will burst.
Or maybe it will get angry and give you a very dirty slap, in "protest" at the way you crazily punch the keyboard with red-eyes! grin grin grin
Sofri sofri, make you no get heart attacki o!
Re: Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! by EkoIle1: 4:38am On Jan 18, 2012
This GEJ clown has got to be the lousiest comedian alive. The clown just displayed the most anti democratic behavior know to man and his siting in front of foreigners talking about democracy and apologizing for the consequences of his own corrupt and anti democratic ways.

The clown must really think they don't know anything about democracy especially when our streets are still full of armed military men. Do they send in troops to crush innocent demonstrations in democratic nations? They must be laughing and feeling sorry for that joker, 

what a dumb as/s/s/s
Re: Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! by GeneralGEJ: 4:45am On Jan 18, 2012
U Nigerians u all love to complain. If I piss u complain, if my wife talks you complain
Re: Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! by EkoIle1: 4:54am On Jan 18, 2012
^^^ Quit the comedy act, you are not even funny.
Re: Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! by Johndoe100(m): 5:01am On Jan 18, 2012
Eko Ile:

^^^ Quit the comedy act, you are not even funny.

He is right just that he left out why people like you complain. Too much inbreeding.among you.
Re: Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! by EkoIle1: 5:08am On Jan 18, 2012
Johndoe100:

He is right just that he left out why people like you complain. Too much inbreeding.among you.

That's what you see every time you look in the mirror right?
Re: Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! by Johndoe100(m): 5:19am On Jan 18, 2012
Eko Ile:

That's what you see every time you look in the mirror right?

Come on don't be shy, we understand. You yaribas like to get some "familly loving" going. All we ask is that you spare the domestic animals (the northerners love this I hear)
Re: Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! by EkoIle1: 5:26am On Jan 18, 2012
Johndoe100:

Come on don't be shy, we understand. You yaribas like to get some "familly loving" going. All we ask is that you spare the domestic animals (the northerners love this I hear)

I do find your life story amusing, keep it coming.
Re: Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! by Rad1cal: 5:38am On Jan 18, 2012
Ride on Mr President, nurin do you

Person wey try anything, go see fire

With your recent no nonsense approach, them go dey look face before them mis -yarn

Thunder fire them, one by one
Re: Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! by PointB: 5:56am On Jan 18, 2012
Your mandate is very strong Mr. President. Ride on! grin grin
Re: Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! by Tabon: 8:32am On Jan 18, 2012
Whether u like it or not Gej is d best president Nigeria ever has. If u dont like him, u and die.
Re: Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! by Korrection(m): 9:25am On Jan 18, 2012
But na only Lagos want his regime to be changed and now there are soldiers everywhere, the only language we understands is flogging and beating if not, we wont go back to our shell, you guys should give this guy some space and chance, i believe he has seen the reactions from all parts of the country, let me do what he can do to savage the condition, lets keep fingers crossed and see things unfolds, rome was not built in a day,
Re: Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! by ollyruffy: 9:27am On Jan 18, 2012
The emergence of GEJ is a testimony that nothing good can come out of PDP for this country.
Re: Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! by babaowo: 9:29am On Jan 18, 2012
we shall see the end soon,
Re: Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! by ochukoccna: 9:30am On Jan 18, 2012
He said so?
Seriously?!
Was this said after his daily ogogoro shots?
Which mandate?
Or he thot d protests were illusions
Re: Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! by mbaemeka(m): 9:30am On Jan 18, 2012
Tabon:

Whether u like it or not Gej is d best president Nigeria ever has. If u dont like him, u and die.

^^^^^ wooow! i'm perplexed by such an assertion. This has to be the greatest example of a deluded sycophant turned bucolic simpleton.
Re: Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! by heynew: 10:05am On Jan 18, 2012
Beaf:

GEJ spoke very well and hit the subversives squarely between the eyes.

His govt was elected by the people, not a section of the people.
No section has the right to attempt to topple the govt of the entire country.
The Nigerian electorate did not vote for the subversives, talkless of giving them the mandate to negate their decision at the ballot box.

If GEJ says such subversion will never occur again, I hope he is ready to play hardball, dish out devastating straight jabs and confounding uppercuts to mentally realign and totally discombobulate to enemy.

Aluta!

@ beaf easy with the grammar so that the lay man will grab your message without Wikipedia
Re: Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! by yemmyma: 10:06am On Jan 18, 2012
BlackPikiN:

By Daniel Idonor

“We believe that democracy that is not dictated by the vote of the people is not a good democracy. Until the vote of the people count, that is when we can say this is a democracy. And I believe also that it is difficult for you to topple such a democracy because it is the people that elect those that are ruling.

Is good democracy deploying army to come and disband peaceful protest in Lagos? Uneducated President and first lady
Re: Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! by Atigba: 10:08am On Jan 18, 2012
For those people that re criticising the president, you guys should understand that Nigeria is one of the most Complex nation in the world, most of you cant even run your family well not to mention Naija.    Believe it or not GEJ was destine to rule this nation and he is not doing bad,                  But if u say you cant accept the fact?simply go and drink OrTOPiAPiA?
Re: Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! by worm(f): 10:14am On Jan 18, 2012
PointB:

Your mandate is very strong Mr. President. Ride on! grin grin

^^ Beaf
Re: Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! by mbaemeka(m): 10:16am On Jan 18, 2012
Atigba:

Believe it or not GEJ was destined to rule this nation and he is not doing bad,                   But if u say you cant accept the fact?simply go and drink OrTOPiAPiA?  

^^^^an overstreched thought of another crony to have the temerity to put such contravening statements in describing a nefarious act by a confused president.

eventhough i believe he was destined to rule Nigeria, i find it excruciating to succumb to the later assertion that he is running the country well. infact that is a blatant lie!
Re: Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! by omo9ja1(m): 10:17am On Jan 18, 2012
well GEJ has show that his administration care less for the citizen of the Nation, people were killed, injured emotional disturb all GEJ acknowledge was some useless foreigners that contribute nothing to the people.

well one day monkey go market an he no go return

can you people supporting GEJ answer this question can GEJ walk on the street as a free man without guards

people entrusted him with their vote but he has let the down
Re: Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! by GeneralGEJ: 10:19am On Jan 18, 2012
I did not know i have many a55 lickers on Naira Land - my sh1tt must be sweet.
Re: Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! by Nobody: 10:37am On Jan 18, 2012
we know your mandate, and its that of asari dokubo and the bunkerers

abeg set up an snc , dissolve this union so u and asari can play idi amin in the SS republics

fortunately most of the fallout will be in the neigbouring SE
Re: Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! by gulfer: 10:54am On Jan 18, 2012
Beaf:

^
Bruv, one day your PC will burst.
Or maybe it will get angry and give you a very dirty slap, in "protest" at the way you crazily punch the keyboard with red-eyes! grin grin grin
Sofri sofri, make you no get heart attacki o!
You never disappoint!!
Re: Nigerians’ Mandate, My Stronghold – Jonathan! by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 18, 2012
A typical Nigerian leader will force and threaten the NLC & TUC to conform to its whims and caprices at N141 but today I thank God for GEJ!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Government Defends Makoko Demolition / EFCC Fails To Re-arraign Ex-Governor Sylva / Why Was The Capital Of Nigeria Shifted From Lagos To Abuja???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.