Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,798 members, 7,817,306 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan (8495 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / Seun Kuti: ''Bring Metuh In Chains Next Time'' / I Am Just Realising This Corruption 4 D First Time. Jonathan Told Pres. Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan by koruji(m): 3:37am On Jan 18, 2012
Looks like GEJ recognizes the damage done by last week's fiasco or is just playing to the diplomatic gallery.

Either way, we are watching.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/34517-subsidy-removal-well-do-better-next-time--jonathan
Written by Leon Usigbe Wednesday, 18 January 2012

PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan has pledged to handle the issue of subsidy withdrawal better next time and in a way that would not cause much suffering to the people.

However, he believes that the crisis following January 1, 2012 hike in fuel cost has left the country stronger and better.

Speaking while hosting members of the Diplomatic Corps in the Banquet Hall of  the State House, Abuja on, Tuesday night, he also said that Nigeria's democracy was strong and could not be toppled by any interest.

Jonathan, who regretted the inconvenience that might have been suffered by the diplomats during the period of the nationwide strike, assured that the incident  “has even made us stronger and, indeed, better.”

According to him, “we promise that we will continue to grow from strength to strength and the incident of last week, we have put them behind us and we are moving forward. We will not experience that kind of situation again.

“We will make sure we work hard to ensure we will not experience that again.

“We appreciate your understanding. I know some people must have come to you and send all kinds of messages to your various governments. I believe that you know that the position of the government is the best for the people.

“The government will ensure that while adjusting the pump price, we will not do it in a way that will bring suffering to the people.

“We know we were misunderstood. Prices couldn't have gone up that way but that is a human society and is a human factor.”

Jonathan, who expressed  his appreciation and that of the government and people of Nigeria over the goodwill messages from the diplomats, also thanked them for their various roles.

Speaking on the challenge of the Boko Haram sect, the president, who recalled that even the United Nations (UN) Building in Abuja was not spared by bombers, said Nigeria would continue to maintain cordial relationship with the Diplomatic Corps and their countries.

He said: "Nigerian government is totally committed to the maintenance of peace and order in line with UN Charter.

“We believe that all citizens of the world should live freely and peacefully wherever they find themselves. We will work with you and all your countries and organisations to make sure that the world is a place where all of us will live without fear or favour.”
Re: Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan by Nobody: 3:43am On Jan 18, 2012
Where is the apology to the people who elected him and the families of those killed by his goons?
Re: Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan by CyrilO1: 3:48am On Jan 18, 2012
He-GEJ,lacked management ideas, abi naija 2 big 4 am
Re: Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan by CyberG: 5:34am On Jan 18, 2012
PDP dumb bull shaite! Did this toad-luck arsehole not say that "he is ready for protests"? So, what better can he do next time? Oh the "bullet" (solution) is coming, just a matter of time. . .
Re: Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan by studyineu: 8:40am On Jan 18, 2012
@cypril, did GEJ shot anyone? Or did he order them to shoot at protesters. Abegy stop accusing GEJ biko
Re: Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan by freecocoa(f): 8:43am On Jan 18, 2012
This retardeen is a big joke,the crisis has indeed left the county better and stronger,what an hediot. Mscheeeew.
Re: Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan by studyineu: 8:45am On Jan 18, 2012
"We will do better next time" hahahahaha. Fuel will soon return to 140 LOL
Re: Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan by Detongue: 8:47am On Jan 18, 2012
Learning democracy, democracy in progress
Re: Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 18, 2012
freecocoa:

This retardeen is a big joke,the crisis has indeed left the county better and stronger,what an hediot. Mscheeeew.
No marra how much u yarb him, u wuld still fuel ur gen for N97, grin
Re: Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan by Cogent: 8:50am On Jan 18, 2012
freecocoa:

How are we better and stronger?
Re: Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan by moremi2008(m): 8:50am On Jan 18, 2012
Next time?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I guess Nigerians should get ready for another price hike next year!
Re: Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan by superior1: 8:51am On Jan 18, 2012
We appreciate your understanding. I know some people must have come to you and send all kinds of messages to your various governments. I believe that you know that the position of the government is the best for the people

That was the major reason he called them. The guy they fear western wahala
Re: Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan by scopusng(m): 8:54am On Jan 18, 2012
GEJ, I command you die now. slowpoke
Re: Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan by JAZES(m): 8:55am On Jan 18, 2012
studyineu:

"We will do better next time" hahahahaha. Fuel will soon return to 140 LOL

My thoughts exactly
Re: Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan by floriana(m): 8:58am On Jan 18, 2012
And when is next time? Ebere don't try it o.
Re: Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan by Atigba: 8:59am On Jan 18, 2012
Ride on GEJ, you learn from your mistakes that is one the qualities of a Good leader, Nigeria is Better and stronger now?
Re: Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 18, 2012
I love my President. More Grease to your elbows. Those who insult the Presidency will never have the opportunity of being in the presidency of this country obviously they dont know what it feels like to rule a country of over 100 million ignoramus daemons of inestimable decadence
Re: Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan by gendebs(m): 9:06am On Jan 18, 2012
GEJ is a cheat.  ASUU strike started Dec' 4,  Subsidy Removal
Jan' 1, NLC went on Strike Jan' 9. Eveything equal to '419'. Abeg i am tired of his dubious government.
Re: Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan by ProfSule(m): 9:06am On Jan 18, 2012
Dudes relax! Nigeria na hausaman or yorubaman fitam
Re: Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan by Korrection(m): 9:07am On Jan 18, 2012
Atleast he apologised, he knows he didnt consider before hiking the price, now he realises that, wetin una want make this guy do self, una go kill am oh, GEJ seems a nice guy just that oppositions and advisers are making him a confused man, he will rise up above them someday i believe, naija no dey easy to rule ohh
Re: Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan by tunnytox(m): 9:07am On Jan 18, 2012
LeoMax:

I love my President. More Grease to your elbows. Those who insult the Presidency will never have the opportunity of being in the presidency of this country obviously they dont know what it feels like to rule a country of over 100 million ignoramus daemons of inestimable decadence

You are not better than a cow tied down to chop grass! what is wrong in insulting the president in a democracy? and how can everybody become president? what is wrong in a peaceful protest and what is your alpha and omega president going to do to compensate the families of people killed during the protest?

Mumu X 1000
Re: Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan by freecocoa(f): 9:11am On Jan 18, 2012
Cogent:

How are we better and stronger?

I take "FIGURES OF SPEECH" was(is) not included in your english lesson's syllables. Ask me how again.

Ijogz K:

No marra how much u yarb him, u wuld still fuel your gen for N97,   grin
Don't you think that's why you should worry?since my bills are on you.
Re: Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan by gendebs(m): 9:16am On Jan 18, 2012
LeoMax:

u re not escluded from the 100million ignoramus daemons of inestimable decadence.
Re: Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 18, 2012
Democracy should be re-defined. Freedom is not liberty. Freedom has limits
Re: Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan by vanstanzy(m): 10:06am On Jan 18, 2012
U LEARN FROM UR VERY (COSTLY) MISTAKE, GOOD. THAT MISTAKE ALONE KILLED UR PEOPLE BOTH PHYSICALLY AND PSYCHOLOGICALLY, IF U DONT KNOW. JUST TO PUNISH A FEW OIL CABALS, U DECIDED TO WITCH-HUNT EVERYBODY, EVEN THE POOR, DEFENCELESS MASSES THAT HAVE BEEN SO BATTERED BY EVERY OTHER GOVT, EVERYTIME. THAT'S REALLY SO HEARTLESS OF U. IF U WERE TRUELY SORRY, PETROL PRICE WOULD HAVE BEEN REVERTED TO #65 AND SUBSIDY WITHDRAWAL DONE IN A NORMAL WAY. I MEAN WHAT HAVE WE TO SHOW FOR ALL THE PAST SUBSIDIES THAT HAVE BEEN REMOVED? NO ELECTRICITY, NO INFRASTRUCTURE, HIGH-HANDED CORRUTION AND A WASTEFUL GOVT.
IT WOULDNT HAVE KILLED U TO AT LEAST TO PUT SOME LAUDIBLE STRCTURES ON GROUND BEFORE DOING THIS ABOMINATION. PEOPLE SO TRUSTED U, AND I STILL BELIEVE U HAVE GOOD INTENTIONS FOR US.
Re: Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan by vanstanzy(m): 10:14am On Jan 18, 2012
IN CIVILIZED COUNTRIES HEADS WOULD HAVE BEEN ROLLING AS A RESULT OF SUCH DECISIONS. JUST IN CASE U DONT KNOW, UR WHOLE ECONOMIC TEAM R A SET OF INCOMPETENT LEACHES, THAT DESERVE TO BE SACKED AND SHOT AT THE SAME TIME.
PLS DONT BE BRAIN WASHED INTO KILLING UR PEOPLE AGAIN.
Re: Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan by ogbongzky(m): 10:25am On Jan 18, 2012
“The government will ensure that while adjusting the pump price, we will not do it in a way that will bring suffering to the people."

, seems they are still planning to increase fuel price ooo. shocked
Re: Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan by IYANGBALI: 11:18am On Jan 18, 2012
medicine after death condom after infection, olosi agbaya. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan by Damysa(f): 11:24am On Jan 18, 2012
gendebs:

GEJ is a cheat. ASUU strike started Dec' 4, Subsidy Removal
Jan' 1, NLC went on Strike Jan' 9. Eveything equal to '419'. Abeg i am tired of his dubious government.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan by CuteTj(m): 11:37am On Jan 18, 2012
See how weak he is. He's apologising to Western Foreign Diplomats but he's not apologising to us Nigerians for the inconviniences his decision has/will cause(d) us.
Re: Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan by GWslim(f): 11:38am On Jan 18, 2012
ok.
Re: Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan by soloqy: 11:43am On Jan 18, 2012
The government is pursuing total deregulation so the fuel price is still going to end at 140 per litre so you all should know it now. Thats the message that you guys failed to gleen from that. There was no point of the strike when NLC knew before hand that the deregulation and subsidy removal was a done deal. Now we have postponed the 'evil' day.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Calls For Arrest Of Miyetti Allah Leaders / Lagos Tenancy Bill Passed To Fashola For Signing / Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.