Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,588 members, 7,816,447 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Ibadan Residents Raise Alarm Over Boko Haram Invasion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibadan Residents Raise Alarm Over Boko Haram Invasion (1268 Views)

Water Scarcity; See How Ibadan Residents Hustle To Get Water. Photos / Nigerian Soldiers Jubilating After Victory Over Boko Haram (photo) / APC Carpets Jonathan Over Boko Haram, Hails Military (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibadan Residents Raise Alarm Over Boko Haram Invasion by seenoevil1: 3:33pm On Jan 18, 2012
Tension over 61 Hausa youths in Ibadan • Residents claimed they were Boko Haram • They are not Boko Haram - Police

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/34223-tension-over-61-hausa-youths-in-ibadan--residents-claimed-they-were-boko-haram--they-are-not-boko-haram-police

THERE was a heightening of the tension in Ibadan Tuesday night, following the discovery of 61 Hausa men concealed in a van. The fear of Boko Haram made those who discovered them raised the alarm which attracted attention.

The suspects were arrested at Olusanya, Ring Road by some protesters during the ongoing nationwide strike.
Nigerian Tribune learnt, on Wednesday, that the suspects were loaded in a van with registration number YB 232 KLT (Gombe).

An eyewitness told the Nigerian Tribune that  the suspects were led by some people inside a Black Jeep.

On getting to Olusanya, the occupants of the Jeep were said to have opened fire to scare away the protesters.

But the protesters were adamant as they blocked the vehicle which conveyed the suspects.

The driver of the van,  it was gathered, initially told the protesters that there was no one in the bus.
When the protesters forced the door of the vehicle open, they discovered 61 young man who were from the northern part of the country.

One of them, Shehu Maida, who spoke with the Nigerian Tribune, said they were coming from Benin and they were on their way to Gombe State.

Maida who claimed to be a pepper seller at Sasa, Ibadan, Oyo State, said that he met them at Ogere, Ogun State and that he was only trying to assist them.

According to him, the suspects were coming from Benin but suspects did not the know the road to Gombe.

“I have my business in Ibadan. I don’t know them and they don’t know me. They are coming from Benin on their way to Gombe State,” he said.

Nigerian Tribune learnt that the prompt arrival of policemen saved the situation as the protesters threatened to attack them.

They were, however, taken to Orita Challenge Police Division for interrogation.

But in a swift reaction, the Oyo State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), ASP Femi Okanlawon, said that those arrested were not Boko Haram.

He confirmed that only 46 of the Hausa people were arrested and that they were only trying to escape from the troubled Benin.

“There is no Boko Haram in Oyo State, those allegedly arrested by the hoodlums fled from Benin as a result of the religions crisis in Benin. They are trying to flee,” he said.

Meanwhile, as the nationwide strike declared by Nigeria Labour Congress enters its third day, policemen in Oyo State have arrested some hoodlums for allegedly hijacking the protest.

The PPRO told the Nigerian Tribune that some of the hoodlums who attempted to burn two police stations in the state capital had been arrested.

He confirmed that the miscreants had on Monday vandalised NEPA installations.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmmm why did the driver say there was no one in the back of the bus but when the protesters opened the bus they found 61 people there ? why hide them in the first place ? How is it possible that you don't know the road BACK to your place / state ,  Hmmm, smells fishy if you ask me , The story just doesn't add up undecided.
Re: Ibadan Residents Raise Alarm Over Boko Haram Invasion by Afam4eva(m): 3:34pm On Jan 18, 2012
So, any hausa person you see is boko-haram?
Re: Ibadan Residents Raise Alarm Over Boko Haram Invasion by seenoevil1: 3:38pm On Jan 18, 2012
afam4eva:

na me you dey ask ? abi na me start protest ? my only question is why hide them in the first place ?
Re: Ibadan Residents Raise Alarm Over Boko Haram Invasion by T8ksy(m): 5:03pm On Jan 18, 2012
afam4eva:

Yes ke!!

Any hausa man that appears on our soil in such a suspicious circumstance is a potential Boko haramist.
Re: Ibadan Residents Raise Alarm Over Boko Haram Invasion by Dede1(m): 5:15pm On Jan 18, 2012
T8ksy:

Yes ke!!

Any hausa man that appears on our soil in such a suspicious circumstance is a potential Boko haramist.

This is a regrettable cry from a born-again coward. smiley smiley He or she always thinks a greenfly is a bee.  grin grin
Re: Ibadan Residents Raise Alarm Over Boko Haram Invasion by CyberG: 5:26pm On Jan 18, 2012
^ Old man dede, you are the first one to start abuse again, haba! Dem swear for you or wetin? What is wrong with you sef? You are an old man, respect yourself for goodness sake! Or you are really a 10 year old still wearing pampers
Re: Ibadan Residents Raise Alarm Over Boko Haram Invasion by cantell(m): 5:34pm On Jan 18, 2012
Dede1:

This is a regrettable cry from a born-again coward. smiley smiley He or she always thinks a greenfly is a bee.  grin grin
Lol. Na so.
They think boko haram are that daft, moving in broad daylight in enemy zone.
Re: Ibadan Residents Raise Alarm Over Boko Haram Invasion by Dede1(m): 5:48pm On Jan 18, 2012
CyberG:

^ Old man dede, you are the first one to start abuse again, haba! Dem swear for you or wetin? What is wrong with you sef? You are an old man, respect yourself for goodness sake! Or you are really a 10 year old still wearing pampers

You will never cease to impress as a deluded toddler. I suggest you make an effort to grow up. It is plain ridiculous the old city of Ibadan should gravitate towards chaos because 61 Hausa youths feeling from Benin City attempted to pass through Ibadan. grin grin
Re: Ibadan Residents Raise Alarm Over Boko Haram Invasion by T8ksy(m): 6:04pm On Jan 18, 2012
Dede1:

Agbaya ni e!!! Honestly.

Anyway, wetin kocern ur flat-headed agbero wit my ofaload, sef? Don't you have some relatives, who have just been slaughtered by Boko

haramists, to mourn? yeye man.

(1) (Reply)

STATE CREATION,WHAT IS FAIR,ARE WE MARGINALISED? / Where Is Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu? / 11yr Old Zuriel Oduwole Appointed Ambassador By Tanzanian 1st Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.