Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North (4239 Views)

Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? / Lagos Belongs To The Yorubas, Not A No Man's Land / Lagos Belongs To The Yorubas, Not A No Man's Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by emmke(m): 12:41am On Jan 20, 2012
Nchara bro, gaskiya na u be link man. Lol. Links upon links. Where do u usually dig 'em?  undecided grin
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Jenifa1: 12:42am On Jan 20, 2012
emmke:

Nchara bro, gaskiya na u be link man. Lol. Links upon links. Where do u usually dig 'em?  undecided grin

igbo-biafranews. com
unfabricated real life daily news reports.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Nchara: 12:43am On Jan 20, 2012
Igbo Made Yorubas Lose Election In Kano State
« on: March 10, 2011, 03:00 AM »

The political permutation of the Yoruba resident in Sabo-Gari, Fagge Local Government Area of Kano State failed them in the just-concluded local government election in the state. Kola Oyelere reports that the Igbo in the community were the beneficiaries of the loss which is now causing ripples among the Yoruba.

SABO-GARI is a well known area in the ancient city of Kano. It was exclusively carved out by the host community several years back for people regarded as non-indigenes. It has been in existence for long under Fagge Local Government Area of the state.

Most people resident in this area are Igbo, Yoruba, the South-South people as well as some Northern minority ethnic srock like people from Kogi State, Benue State, Plateau State, Southern Kaduna and a host of others. Towards the end of his first tenure of four years, Kano State governor, Malam Ibrahim Shekarau, appointed three non-indigenes as special advisers on intercommunity relations. This position was spread across three blocs. Alhaji Adebayo Adeniyi Mikail represented the South West; Chief Chris Azuka, the South East; and Dr. Ahmed Salahudeen, an Ebira from Kogi State, represented the minority tribes from the North.

The gesture was hailed especially by non-indigenes resident in the state as a development that would make them feel the impact of government as well as make government know the problems they faced. The position given to non-indigenes really assisted in stabilising peace in no small measure. It not only gave the non-indigenes room to express their feelings, but also brought them various financial assistance from the government. It is on record that a segment of the community of non-indigenes, through Alhaji Mikail, got funds from the state government to assist either in renovation or completion of their mosques, while others were given buses. Some hajj slots were also benefitted from the government.

When Malam Shekarau got re-elected, to the delight of the non-indigenes, he re-appointed the special advisers. However, recent development, especially as regards the last local government election in the state, is causing ripples within members of the non-indigene community in the state. Before the election, the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) members in the state felt that the best way for the party to capture the two seats in Fagge Local Government Area was to present common candidates who would have the backing of every tribe or, at least, reflect the arrangement in the previous election in which the Igbo and Yoruba shared the seats .

Sabo-Gari, Under Fagge Local Government, has two councillorship seats which are Sabo-Gari West and East. During the first tenure of Malam Shekarau, the two seats were shared between the ANPP and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). While an Igbo emerged candidate for ANPP in the East, a Yoruba got the West. But the popular view at the beginning of Shekarau’s second term was that the ANPP should capture the two seats. Those who were of this view expressed the belief that it would show their appreciation to his administration over its encouragement of peaceful co-existence of tribes in the state during his first tenure.

Investigations revealed that politicians from two blocs in the ANPP; the Yoruba and the Igbo, entered into an agreement that since the Igbo had produced the candidate for Sabo-Gari East, the Yoruba should produce that of Sabo-Gari West as previous elections had always gone along this arrangemet. However, unknown to the Yoruba, a member of the House of Representatives hsd a contrary plan which he had allegedly been making underground.

It was disclosed that the lawmaker, who was allegedly nursing moves to undemine Shekarau’s powers, believing that the governor constituted an impediment to his governorship ambition in 2011, decided to use the councillorship seat allocated to the Yoruba to settle a political score. He was reported to have said that the Yoruba might campaign against him in support of Shekarau’s candidate ”because of a Yoruba man very close to the governor.

He then told the aspirant to the Igbo slot not to go into any alliance. He also reportedly directed his foot soldiers to ensure that a primary election was conducted to elect his candidate for Sabo-Gari West, having equipped them financially and promised them tangible positions if they should ensure the failure of the Yoruba aspirant, Alhaji Abduljelili Soga, to emerge. Eventually, his candidate emerged for Sabo-Gari West, thus paving the way for the Igbo to grab the two seats.

However, the President General, Yoruba Community in Kano, Dr. Jimpat Aiyelangbe, wrote a letter dated October 29, 2007 to the state chairman of the ANPP, Alhaji Sani Hotoro. Entitled: “ANPP Councillorship in West Ward of Sabo-Gari”, the letter complained of the emergence of candidate of a single tribe for the two councillorship seats “despite the gentleman agreement previously reached.”

Aiyelangbe said the ward was the only one won by the PDP in 2003 and that it was won by a Yoruba politician. “This will give you an idea about the majority held by the Yoruba in that ward. “After the kindness shown all the communities in Sabo-Gari by Governor Shekarau, everyone should be given the opportunity to reciprocate. I know that you are an able, honest and just chairman. Please rectify this issue before the end of the time limit.” he said. The letter was also copied to state governor and party state secretary, but nothing was done to rectify what the letter portrayed as at then. Even, another group, Yoruba Political Forum, (YPF), headed by Alhaji Ahmed Oni, had written to the state ANPP chairman complaining that even the position of supervisory coucillor promised the Yoruba had also gone to the Igbo.

Findings revealed that despite the fact that notable non-indigenes resident in the state sent emissaries to the ‘powerful lawmaker’ to implore him on the need to see reason with the planned allocation of the position of supervisory councilor to another tribe, he had been unbending. He was alleged to have said that his goals had been achieved and that he had cleared his opponents “by having full control of Fagge under my armpit.”

However, if the lawmaker should be blamed for scuttling the chances of the Yoruba in Sabo-Gari West, what would one say to the Yoruba themselves? It was clear that they would have won the election, but due to greed, selfishness and over-ambition, the three Yoruba candidates of three different political parties; Seyi Oloruntola of the Action Congress (AC); Alhaji Musibau Morindoti of the Democratic Peoples Party (DPP); and Samuel Fadeyi of the PDP, saw no reason to forge a common front and support one of them to victory. They went out like a house divided against itself and lost collectively.

According to a member of the Alliance for Democracy (AD), Mr. Femi Adegoroye, had the candidates joined forces in support of one candidate, the election would have reflected different results. He said when the results were announced, Oloruntola got 221 votes, Morindoti got 285, while Fadeyi had 271. The ANPP candidate, Chibuzo Onyeaso, polled 670. Adegoroye added that “a concensus candidate among the three Yoruba men could have polled 777 to defeat the woman elected on the platform of the ANPP, Mrs. Onyeaso.”
He said no one could blame the Igbo community for what happened, adding that rather, “the Yoruba who failed to read the handwriting on the wall were to be blamed.

He said the Yoruba had to wait for another three or four years when another election is expected to be held. He said the question that should be agitating their minds was if they had learnt the mistakes now and were determined to correct it in future. Gladly, it has been learnt that it was not over yet for the Yoruba. The peace-loving governor of the state, Malam Shekarau, would find a way of thrusting some “good things” towards them, because, as a source who asked not to be named put it “he believes in fairness and justice.”

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-620431.0.html

Yoruba poulation in Kano is large enough to compete with Igbos for elective positions.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Obiagu1(m): 12:45am On Jan 20, 2012
Nchara, you dey mind them? They deny their people because their lives are worthless.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Nchara: 12:47am On Jan 20, 2012
I have no relation in the North even from the 4th generation. My younger sister was deployed for NYSC there mid last year. I pulled the strings from here and she was redeployed immediately. I or any of my relations will not cross River Benue (not even Abuja) for any reason. The ones in Lagos are already selling off.

I am a strong advocate of Igbos investing in Igboland.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Jenifa1: 12:49am On Jan 20, 2012
Nchara:

I have no relation in the North even from the 4th generation.

then you are not a true Igbo man.

sign that you are a true igbo:
you have at least 10 relatives in the north. and 2 more will be moving there before the end of the year despite ethnic-religious clash, violence grin
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by NegroNtns(m): 12:50am On Jan 20, 2012
Up Yoruba!!   I salute una for your bravery and protection of Oodualand!  Hausaland is not our land, if Hausa kill us there we have no recourse but to reprise the killing and use Hausa blood to worship ogun.  

They have seen what we can and will do. . . thats why they heeded OPC call not to cross the border or target Yoruba.  Ibo on the other hand. . . Hausa know they are piece of shyyt, mouth and bravado. . . after repeated killings in north their people are weak and impotent in East.  They vent on highway with placard, tahts all.  Thats why boko continue to target and kill you lot.  

Nchara, for once, show us what you can do at home. . . .go out there to Nnewi and revenge the xmas day bombing. . . do that just for this once!

all these news clippings just bare your vulnerabilities the more and empower Yoruba;s strength.  You want to push propaganda, but you are nott skilled in it.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by NegroNtns(m): 12:56am On Jan 20, 2012
Yoruba poulation in Kano is large enough to compete with Igbos for elective positions.

. . . .when it suits ibo business, they are 1billion in the North. When the business is performing poorly, ibos are only few in number! checked!

Kano is not Yorubaland, . . .loosing election to ibo in Kano is irrelevant to Oodua destiny when we have sons living in the palace with our bloodline flowing in his Royal veins. Thats power. . . true power!!!
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by bashr8: 1:08am On Jan 20, 2012
Its really tru yorubas don't care about the people, his is really sticking an pathetic,, anyway lets not judge yet till the real yorubas like ggawe and maybe shangor tor come on board, negro nuts is a known slave to the northerners, everything about him is in the interest of the north as long as nobody gives the north a bed name yorubas can die who care that's his ideology, anybody that served in nysc alone in any part of the country whether east west north and south know that the igbos and yorubas have the highest population of corpers so srgung with this buffon is really useless as we are yet to get a proper response as to why there is no help coming for the yorubas from the south west.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by NegroNtns(m): 1:14am On Jan 20, 2012
emmke, and squad commando bashr. . . .your brothers nchara and obiagu got whipped here and took their frustration out on an old post on Jos crisis.     cheesy cheesy cheesy

. . . hey do me a favor, remind them to look on the last dated post on that topic. . . it says feb 3rd, the same date this year your ikemba will be sank into the ground.  what did ojukwu fight for, do you remember?   to stop the persecution of ibo in Nigeria.

has it stopped in all these years?  hell no!!  
will it continue into the future,?hell yeah!  
do you ibos have a solution to resolve it? hell no!!!   . . . but you have a solution for what you think Yoruba should do to get out of Borno.  lmfao!!
will the children and grandchildren of Hausas continue to bully and slaughter you? hell yeah
will your children and grandchildren  continue to carry placard and turn out in their wrapper on the highway? hell yeah!!
will you continue to depend on Yoruba to help cover your vulnerability?  hell yeah!!!
will Yoruba come to your rescue?  hell no!!!

cool cool cool

hey bashr, where do i send this %50 for your story, i enjoyed it.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by NegroNtns(m): 1:17am On Jan 20, 2012
Its really tru yorubas don't care about the people, his is really sticking an pathetic,, anyway lets not judge yet till the real yorubas like ggawe and maybe shangor tor come on board, negro nuts is a known slave to the northerners, everything about him is in the interest of the north as long as nobody gives the north a bed name yorubas can die who care that's his ideology, anybody that served in nysc alone in any part of the country whether east west north and south know that the igbos and yorubas have the highest population of corpers so srgung with this buffon is really useless as we are yet to get a proper response as to why there is no help coming for the yorubas from the south west.

. . .lmfao, no one bought your fake story. . . now you are upset and trying to sell Negro to other Yorubas. what a punk!! grin
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by emmke(m): 1:19am On Jan 20, 2012
^when did i ever say i was igbo?   .
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by bashr8: 1:23am On Jan 20, 2012
Yes we will continue to remove igbos in the north while the yorubas keep getting killed without anybody even raising an eyebrow about it cause maybe to you their life worth nothing, just maybe
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by NegroNtns(m): 1:25am On Jan 20, 2012
^when did i ever say i was igbo?

I could care less. . .you flock with them you get whipped with them!
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by NegroNtns(m): 1:27am On Jan 20, 2012
Yes we will continue to remove igbos in the north

. . .yep, good job commando! stay focused on that mission, let others handle their own.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by bashr8: 1:36am On Jan 20, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

. . .yep, good job commando! stay focused on that mission, let others handle their own.

And make sure you keep away from igbos affairs since your not capable of helping your own people.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by NegroNtns(m): 1:57am On Jan 20, 2012
hahaha, I do what I fvcking want . . . including a daily beating on ibo Igbo! grin grin
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by BlackBaron: 2:08am On Jan 20, 2012
Baffles me that[b] some[/b] yorubas will choose to deny an obvious fact.

I know some yorubas born and bred in Kano that currently are still afraid to go back. . .

About why there is no evacuation plan, I got no answer there I'm afraid.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Dede1(m): 3:05pm On Jan 20, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

hahaha, I do what I fvcking want . . . including a daily beating on ibo Igbo! grin grin

You disgusted conniving son of a bit.ch should, for once, in your miserable life grow intestinal fortitude to stand up against an aggressor. In Nigeria, Yoruba are so cowered they could not and will never lead an innocuous coup. Yet a haggard-looking ninny such as you has the audacity to spew crap of beating on Igbo.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by oduasolja: 3:22pm On Jan 20, 2012
in yoruba land our position is , if u want to live with wild animals then dont cry when they eat u up.

if u want to live with northerners , then be prepared for whatever.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by oduasolja: 3:27pm On Jan 20, 2012
Dede1:

You disgusted conniving son of a bit.ch should, for once, in your miserable life grow intestinal fortitude to stand up against an aggressor. In Nigeria, Yoruba are so cowered they could not and will never lead an innocuous coup. Yet a haggard-looking ninny such as you has the audacity to spew crap of beating on Igbo.

when will u igbos learn,then u bastards will scream genocide.

genocide my ass.

last time u started shit and we all know where it got u .

i want to see u try something again, lets see where u will end up.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Dede1(m): 5:21pm On Jan 20, 2012
oduasolja:

when will u igbos learn,then u bastards will scream genocide.

genocide my Bottom.

last time u started poo and we all know where it got u .

i want to see u try something again, lets see where u will end up.

You sounded like a whimpering dog that barks but bite. What actually do you mean by “we” as in “we all know where it got u”? Only shameless whiner such as you will attempt to turn despicable act of cowardice into a hero’s welcome.

Nigeria will continue to limp like a marooned destitute due to idiotic acts of sabotage by Yoruba and other southerners baring Biafrans in 1967. The poor country can not linger for ever, olodo.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by HighChief4(m): 5:35pm On Jan 20, 2012
Even when a Yoruba man was supposed to take over, fear gripped his ballls, Gowon was never meant to take the leadership, but the Yoruba man willingly relinquinshed his rightful position so he could attend the next gbedu owambe.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by NegroNtns(m): 5:40pm On Jan 20, 2012
You disgusted conniving son of a bit.ch should, for once, in your miserable life grow intestinal fortitude to stand up against an aggressor. In Nigeria, Yoruba are so cowered they could not and will never lead an innocuous coup. Yet a haggard-looking ninny such as you has the audacity to spew crap of beating on Igbo

Look at this bastard yapping like a mad cow. . . . what aggressor is this you talk about? What aggressor has ibo ever stood up against in your entire history - before and after colonialization? ibo will continue to get the beat-down on that pygmy Igbo!
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by HighChief4(m): 12:01am On Jan 21, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

Yoruba and their mouth, am sure you wouldnt try that

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by BlackPikiN(m): 12:07am On Jan 21, 2012
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLtAMwFVmT0[/flash]

Who's this?
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by nedu210(m): 11:49am On Jan 21, 2012
@Negro_Ntns, what is all this about yoruba not having population in the north, last year a student of kwara state poly, frm  ogun state lost her family in a bomb blast in kaduna, the most painful thing is that this girl dint even knw her village or l.g.a. Even if its only one yoruba that is in the north, is the person not worth any thing.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 / Few Days After David Cameron Was At Redeemed, He Was At A Sikh Temple (photos) / We Yorubas Accept The Grazing Bill And Want The Fg To Use Southwest As Grazing G

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.