Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 (4238 Views)

Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 / Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December / 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 by EkoIle1: 4:36pm On May 31, 2013

Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola says the present administration has planned steady water supply for the state residents till 2020.

A statement on Wednesday said the governor spoke during an inspection visit to the ongoing expansion of Adiyan Waterworks.

The waterworks would deliver 70 million gallons of water per day when completed.

Fashola, after the inspection, said the water projects which the administration was implementing would take the state to the level of sustainable and efficient water supply.

He said, “Currently, there are reticulation contracts that have been issued including pipe networks and pipelines being laid across the state to receive the supply of water when it is done.

“The planned expansion work at Adiyan, which has been on the drawing board since the 1970s, is expected to give the state 70 million gallons of water per day which is the combined capacity of all the mini water works and micro water works.

He added that the Adiyan expansion would help the government to serve areas like Iju, Agege, Mushin and Ilupeju.

Fashola said, “It will help us relieve pressure from Iju Waterworks and Adiyan Phase One by implementing the expansion which they planned almost three decades ago and bring water to people in those areas that I have mentioned.

“It will also increase our capacity therefore to sustain life, prevent disease, provide healthy living at affordable cost, reduce the dependency that our people currently have in purchasing water, some of which is of questionable integrity.”

The governor said efforts were on to tackle lack of potable water in some areas in the state.

He said the government was also working on Odomola to serve Epe area.

Fashola was accompanied on the inspection by the Managing Director of the state’s water corporation, Mr. Shayo Holloway; Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Dr. Obafemi Hamzat, and his Physical Planning and Urban Development counterpart, Mr. Olutoyin Ayinde.
http://www.punchng.com/news/lasg-plans-water-supply-till-2020/

Re: LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 31, 2013
Do people still depend on public water supply? 50 percent of lagosians have their own boreholes or they share with people that don't have. I wonder if by 2020 people will still depend on public water supply.

btw, what happened to the water works at Festac Town?

1 Like

Re: LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 by EkoIle1: 5:47pm On May 31, 2013
berem: Do people still depend on public water supply? 50 percent of lagosians have their own boreholes or they share with people that don't have. I wonder if by 2020 people will still depend on public water supply.

What's this got to do with the topic?
Re: LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 by PvtParts1: 5:51pm On May 31, 2013
Eko Ile:

What's this got to do with the topic?

Everything! Since most people have found ways to secure water for themselves.

I won't be surprised if LASG starts to TAX residents with borehole under an obscure mining & drilling tax and then force everyone to have their polluted water irrespective of if you need it or not.

2 Likes

Re: LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 by EkoIle1: 6:32pm On May 31, 2013
Pvt. Parts:

Everything! Since most people have found ways to secure water for themselves.

I won't be surprised if LASG starts to TAX residents with borehole under an obscure mining & drilling tax and then force everyone to have their polluted water irrespective of if you need it or not.

Water suply problmes and people sinking boreholes in nothing new in Nigeria especially after decades of neglect, lack of adequate power supply needed to pump water, bad water and pipe netword... and to address these decades old challenges, theve built 15 mini water water works, new power plant to effect 24/7 non stop water pumping, now they are expanding the water warks to supply many more millions of gallons/day.

The reality about borehole is irrelevant, what is relevant is what our leaders are doing to correct the situation and that's exatly what they are doing.

If they don't you people cry and cry and if they do, you still cry and cry. What do you want them to do exactly? Sit and do nothing?

Eeverything is you having a problem and the government not doing anything about it so you are wrong and your views here are still irrelevant.

And your allucinations and paranoia about taxing you for this and that is just what it is, hallucinations and paranoia

7 Likes

Re: LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 by PvtParts1: 6:33pm On May 31, 2013
Eko Ile:

Water suply problmes and people sinking boreholes in nothing new in Nigeria especially after decades of neglect, lack of adequate power supply needed to pump water, bad water and pipe netword... and to address these decades old challenges, theve built 15 mini water water works, new power plant to effect 24/7 non stop water pumping, now they are expanding the water warks to supply many more millions of gallons/day.

The reality about borehole is irrelevant, what is relevant is what our leaders are doing to correct the situation and that's exatly what they are doing.

If they don't you people cry and cry and if they do, you still cry and cry. What do you want them to do exactly? Sit and do nothing?

Eeverything is you having a problem and the government not doing anything about it so you are wrong and your views here are still irrelevant.

arrogant ACN r0b0t

14 Likes

Re: LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 by EkoIle1: 6:35pm On May 31, 2013
Pvt. Parts:

arrogant ACN r0b0t

Olodo villager, thanks for the wonderful compliments.

4 Likes

Re: LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 by Goddex: 7:22pm On May 31, 2013
It's a very big shame on opposition ACN for a State they have ruled for 14 years only to start promising pipe borne water in 2020. Municipal water supply is a sole responsibility of the state government so Tinubu and the loudmouth Liar Muhammed cannot play that their usual pusssy cat tricks of pushing blames on FG.

Why 2020? Calabar and Abuja are examples of Nigerian cities that have steady public water supply round the clock and it took them just a few years to do that. Besides, Fashola's term ends in 2015. It looks like this is an indirect way of telling Lagosians to forget about Pipe borne water.

9 Likes

Re: LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 by phantom(m): 7:27pm On May 31, 2013
Goddex: It's a very big shame on opposition ACN for a State they have ruled for 14 years only to start promising pipe borne water in 2020. Municipal water supply is a sole responsibility of the state government so Tinubu and the loudmouth Liar Muhammed cannot play that their usual pusssy cat tricks of pushing blames on FG.

Why 2020? Calabar and Abuja are examples of Nigerian cities that have steady public water supply round the clock and it took them just a few years to do that. Besides, Fashola's term ends in 2015. It looks like this is an indirect way of telling Lagosians to forget about Pipe borne water.
grin grin grin grin grin grin ;Djavascript:void(0);

5 Likes

Re: LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 by Hardfact: 8:42pm On May 31, 2013
Water supply abi gutter supply? Fashola Mr Tax and Toll, hope he's not just trying to extort even more, and hope he wont end up tolling if it ever comes true?

3 Likes

Re: LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 by Crayola1: 8:58pm On May 31, 2013
Municipal water supply should have had the highest priority if Fashola is interested in infrastructure.

At least begin the steps of laying down pipes, setting up the location where water would be sourced from, setting up a water company to monitor and maintain the system.
Re: LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 by naptu2: 9:25pm On May 31, 2013
berem: Do people still depend on public water supply? 50 percent of lagosians have their own boreholes or they share with people that don't have. I wonder if by 2020 people will still depend on public water supply.

My sister, I watched this briefing on the news two days ago and the first thing I thought of was you.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/fg-lagos-others-collaborate-to-restore-festacs-lost-glory/
Re: LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 31, 2013
naptu2:

My sister, I watched this briefing on the news two days ago and the first thing I thought of was you.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/fg-lagos-others-collaborate-to-restore-festacs-lost-glory/
Hmmm... I created a thread for it i think 3 days ago and unfortunately it didn't make front page. shaking ma head ...
Re: LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 by bcomputer101: 10:51pm On May 31, 2013
This space is for sell.
Re: LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 by datola: 10:58pm On May 31, 2013
Fashola did not say water would be provided by 2020. He said there is enough water to supply Lagosians up to 2020.

Why are some Nigerians like..., including our leaders at the helm in Abuja- always displaying ignorance of issues publicly.

@Goddex, are you part of them in Abuja?

Goddex: It's a very big shame on opposition ACN for a State they have ruled for 14 years only to start promising pipe borne water in 2020. Municipal water supply is a sole responsibility of the state government so Tinubu and the loudmouth Liar Muhammed cannot play that their usual pusssy cat tricks of pushing blames on FG.

1 Like

Re: LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 by theripper3: 10:58pm On May 31, 2013
Anything 2020 from any tier of government looks like political gimmick to me.

2 Likes

Re: LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 by brownlord: 10:58pm On May 31, 2013
2020? we don die for this country, so i have to wait till 7 yrs time before i can drink clean water?

1 Like

Re: LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 31, 2013
Pvt. Parts:

arrogant ACN r0b0t

Just out of curiosity, what makes him/her ARROGANT? Cause he rebutted your argument?
You and the 3 people that liked your rubbish post are the arrogant lot!

1 Like

Re: LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 by Crayola1: 11:03pm On May 31, 2013
engineerd:

Just out of curiosity, what makes him/her ARROGANT? Cause he rebutted your argument?
You and the 3 people that liked your rubbish post are the arrogant lot!

Big words for a guy who spells engineered wrong in the age of spell check cheesy

2 Likes

Re: LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 by alphaconde(m): 11:04pm On May 31, 2013
Oshodi can't be part of that plan...
Re: LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 by Nobody: 11:08pm On May 31, 2013
Crayola1:

Big words for a guy who spells engineered wrong in the age of spell check cheesy

YOU ARE A BIG FOOOL...IDIOTIC AS*S-WIPE! LET ME EDUCATE YOU, YOU FLIPPIN ILLITERATE......I DID NOT INTEND TO SPELL "ENGINEERED". "ENGINEERD" WAS A WORD I COINED TOGETHER FROM 2 WORDS....I WILL LET YOU USE YOUR CORRODED BRAIN TO GUESS WHAT THE WORDS ARE...OLOSHI ALAKORI TRYING TO COME AT ME?

1 Like

Re: LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 by Crayola1: 11:12pm On May 31, 2013
engineerd:

YOU ARE A BIG FOOOL...IDIOTIC AS*S-WIPE! LET ME EDUCATE YOU, YOU FLIPPIN ILLITERATE......I DID NOT INTEND TO SPELL "ENGINEERED". "ENGINEERD" WAS A WORD I COINED TOGETHER FROM 2 WORDS....I WILL LET YOU USE YOUR CORRODED BRAIN TO GUESS WHAT THE WORDS ARE...OLOSHI ALAKORI TRYING TO COME AT ME?

And you are the supposed level headed and rational one cry kiss grin

You're too stup1d to coin anything together. Be honest you can't spell to save your life cheesy

1 Like

Re: LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:25pm On May 31, 2013
brownlord: 2020? we don die for this country, so i have to wait till 7 yrs time before i can drink clean water?
ur brain is like a broken record! Can't u apprehend a simple, short and precise article?

1 Like

Re: LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 by Garrithe1st: 11:37pm On May 31, 2013
SLIDE waxie: ur brain is like a broken record! Can't u apprehend a simple, short and precise article?

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Eko Oni Baje oooo!!!
Re: LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 by GeneralJ(m): 11:43pm On May 31, 2013
Carry go jaree, ignore haters ohh eko o ni baje, while we are enjoying our own free unpolluted water in eko, other haters in thier rotten village will be going to stream to fetch water.
Re: LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 by Crayola1: 11:44pm On May 31, 2013
SLIDE waxie: ur brain is like a broken record! Can't u apprehend a simple, short and precise article?

English had died a painful death o....comprehend dear grin
Re: LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 by Nobody: 11:46pm On May 31, 2013
lol
Re: LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 by Nobody: 11:46pm On May 31, 2013
And then they would ban private ownership of boreholes and wells, and also ban the Hausa guys that sell water in plastic containers. . .and thereafter impose an atrocious fee that Lagosians must pay for water supply.

Oh, I forgot, the useless governor and his rascally, greedy, and extortionist co-travellers in the Asiwaju Company of Nigeria (ACN) would be disgraced out of the state in 2015. Let another party ensure "total water supply by 2020". Lagosians would rather drink their urine than buy water from Asiwaju Tinubu.

5 Likes

Re: LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 by GeneralJ(m): 11:47pm On May 31, 2013
pro01: And then they would ban private ownership of boreholes and wells, and also ban the Hausa guys that sell water in plastic containers. . .and thereafter impose an atrocious fee that Lagosians must pay for water supply.

Oh, I forgot, the useless governor and his rascally, greedy, and extortionist co-travellers in the Asiwaju Company of Nigeria (ACN) would be disgraced out of the state in 2015. Let another party ensure "total water supply by 2020". Lagosians would rather drink their urines than buy water from Asiwaju Tinubu.
Well, so how do u know they will ban ownership of boreholes, are u a winch,

Are you a lagosian, how do u know they will drink urine, and they are not buying for tinubu, by the way, you are calling him Tinubu, do u have any proof that he stole something, did he steal anything from you, and they are not buying from tinubu they are getting it from the state water company IDIOT
Re: LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 by theripper3: 11:48pm On May 31, 2013
Crayola1:

Apprehend is actually correct, just sounds odd or inappropriate but is very correct.
Re: LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 by Nobody: 11:51pm On May 31, 2013
Crayola1:

apprehend was very correct in that context.

it means, Understand or perceive
Re: LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 by tinkinjo: 11:53pm On May 31, 2013
Good move...probably the nations greatest infrastructure challenge.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fatal Multiple Accident In Onitsha Yesterday / Boko Haram: Gwoza Now Islamic Caliphate. / Things You Don't Know About The National Flag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.