Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,829 members, 7,828,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers (44161 Views)

Brain Teasers Can You Slove These? / 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks / Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 20, 2012
Make a word that has three or more consecutive letters of the alphabet;

e.g. crabcake (abc)

stupid (stu)
hijab (hij)

. . . .
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 12:27am On Jan 20, 2012
freecocoa:

suya abeg explain this one,the tractor get there by magic?
the tractor was driven there over the ice during winter! cheesy
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 12:28am On Jan 20, 2012
freecocoa:

None should but alligator better pass.
niiiiiccccccccceeeeeeeee

freecocoa:

The one that ordered for beer.
you gotta be kidding me!
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Natasha2(f): 12:30am On Jan 20, 2012
freecocoa:

EXPECTATION.
Elimination  
sauer:

not true why didn't you tell us there was winter before? angry grin
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 12:30am On Jan 20, 2012
freecocoa:

EXPECTATION.
FRIDGECOCOA tongue
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 12:34am On Jan 20, 2012
Natasha,,:

not true why didn't you tell us there was winter before? angry grin
that's why it's called a trick question, lady!
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Natasha2(f): 12:36am On Jan 20, 2012
sauer:

Make a word that has three or more consecutive letters of the alphabet;

e.g. crabcake (abc)

silly (stu)
hijab (hij)

. . . .
nope  (nop)
stupor (stu)
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by freecocoa(f): 12:37am On Jan 20, 2012
sauer:

you gotta be kidding me!
tasha said the man may be conserving his money that's 1,he may be ordering it for the woman while she does his for him that's 2 and 3 he may be trying to impress her. grin

sauer:

Na lie joor,you are not being fair,you could have mentioned it,I was even right about the ship cos you left it out.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 12:37am On Jan 20, 2012
Seven years ago, Julia's mum was twice as old as Julia. Today Julia's mum is 31. How old is Julia?
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 20, 2012
freecocoa:

tasha said the man may be conserving his money that's 1,he may be ordering it for the woman while she does his for him that's 2 and 3 he may be trying to impress her. grin
smh for these girls!!
grin grin grin
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 12:40am On Jan 20, 2012
Natasha,,:

nope  (nop)
stupor (stu)

wink

definite (def)
hijack (hij)
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by freecocoa(f): 12:41am On Jan 20, 2012
sauer:

FRIDGECOCOA  tongue
AMBIDEXTROUS.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Natasha2(f): 12:43am On Jan 20, 2012
I was running in my head through my store of maths tricks and discovered:

3 can divide any number, which if you add its digits is divisible itself by 3
e.g 27/3 = 9, but then (2+7)/3 = 3!

393/3 = 131, and (3+9+3)/3 = 5!

Try yours!

963/3 = 321 and (3+2+1)/3 = 2  cheesy

freecocoa:

LMAO  grin grin funny but very true. Good Job free (I hereby graduate you from the class of small Olodo's to big Olodo's ) grin grin < I'm joking
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 12:45am On Jan 20, 2012
and the famous greek one:

As I was going to St. Ives, I met a man with seven wives. Every wife had seven sacks, every sack had seven cats. Every cat had seven kittens. Kittens, cats, sacks, and wives. How many were going to St. Ives?
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 12:46am On Jan 20, 2012
Natasha,,:

LMAO  grin grin funny but very true. Good Job free  (I hereby graduate you from the class of small Olodo's to big Olodo's ) grin grin < I'm NOT joking

lol grin
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 12:48am On Jan 20, 2012
Susie told Mark She could solvle a math prablam faster than he could without a calculator. Mark wrote ten divided by three, times four, minus one, plus one hundred, times twenty, minus six, times eight, plus five. To make it more challenging Susie added times four, plus four, minus two, times nine, plus eight, minus fifteen, times zero, plus two, divided by one. Susie was able to solve the problem faster than mark could.

Why and what was the answer?

plucked from: www.brainteasercentral.com
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Natasha2(f): 12:55am On Jan 20, 2012
sauer:

lol grin
How dare you modify my statement? angry grin grin
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 12:56am On Jan 20, 2012
The simple rule to knowing if a number is divisible by 7. Yes! there are simple rules. . .
take 364 which is divisible by 7. Take last digit (4), multiply by 2 (4 x 2 = 8 ). Yank off last digit just used (4), so you have 36. subtract 8 from 36.

36 - 8 = 28. Is 28 divisible by 7? yes, 28/7 = 4;
so 364 is divisible by 7.

Try 49.
9 x 2 = 18.
4 - 18 = -14
-14/7 = 2. so, 49 is divisible by 7. COmplicated? Why not try yours!
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 12:56am On Jan 20, 2012
Natasha,,:

How dare you modify my statement? angry grin grin
tongue
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by freecocoa(f): 12:57am On Jan 20, 2012
sauer:

As I was going to St. Ives, I met a man with seven wives. Every wife had seven sacks, every sack had seven cats. Every cat had seven kittens. Kittens, cats, sacks, and wives. How many were going to St. Ives?
You met them,did they tell you they were going to st Ives? I say None.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by freecocoa(f): 12:58am On Jan 20, 2012
Natasha,,:

963/3 = 321 and (3+2+1)/3 = 2  cheesy
LMAO  grin grin funny but very true. Good Job free (I hereby graduate you from the class of small Olodo's to big Olodo's ) grin grin < I'm joking

For your mind o.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Natasha2(f): 1:00am On Jan 20, 2012
sauer:

Susie told Mark She could solvle a math prablam faster than he could without a calculator. Mark wrote ten divided by three, times four, minus one, plus one hundred, times twenty, minus six, times eight, plus five. To make it more challenging Susie added times four, plus four, minus two, times nine, plus eight, minus fifteen, times zero, plus two, divided by one. Susie was able to solve the problem faster than mark could.

Why and what was the answer?

plucked from: www.brainteasercentral.com
Mark was without a calculator Susie was with one . The answer is 2

freecocoa:

For your mind o.
I be GEJ cool
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by jackpot(f): 1:03am On Jan 20, 2012
Correct

hey Tata, digits isn't going since NY. Y? wink
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 1:04am On Jan 20, 2012
freecocoa:

You met them,did they tell you they were going to st Ives? I say None.
WRONG!!

Natasha,,:

Mark was without a calculator Susie was with one . The answer is 2
How did you come about "2"? well, nice. Correct, smart a/ss!
Susie was with no calc though. "Times zero, plus two, divided by one" is all you need in that long essay-like mathematical question!
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Natasha2(f): 1:05am On Jan 20, 2012
jackpot:

Correct

hey Tata, digits isn't going since NY. Y? wink
I lost my phone on NY day a guy attacked me on my way back from church, I sent you an offline on YIM didn't you get it? I've missed you so much kiss kiss
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Natasha2(f): 1:06am On Jan 20, 2012
sauer:

WRONG!!
How did you come about "2"? well, nice. Correct, smart a/ss!
Susie was with no calc though. "Times zero, plus two, divided by one" is all you need in that long essay-like mathematical question!
I used a calculator duh  grin grin and I got the logic when I got to that point
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 1:11am On Jan 20, 2012
Natasha,,:

I used a calculator duh  grin grin and I got the logic when I got to that point
angry angry
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 1:12am On Jan 20, 2012
Take the number 4, and the number 5. What mathematical symbol can you place in between them that will result in an answer greater than 4, and less than 5?
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by freecocoa(f): 1:13am On Jan 20, 2012
sauer:

WRONG!!

Talk the answer na.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by jackpot(f): 1:15am On Jan 20, 2012
Natasha,,:

I lost my phone on NY day a guy attacked me on my way back from church,
holy Moses
*does sign of the cross*
I sent you an offline on YIM didn't you get it? I've missed you so much  kiss kiss
lemme check. missed u more kiss kiss kiss
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Natasha2(f): 1:16am On Jan 20, 2012
sauer:

Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 1:16am On Jan 20, 2012
sauer:

freecocoa:

Talk the answer na.

"As I was going to St. Ives. . . ." Only one person is going to St. Ives! cheesy

Just for the records, 'tis a very old puzzle here!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Kwarapoly Graduating Students Punished For Stylishly Signing Out After Its Ban / Tsakuwa Primary School In Taraba In Bad Condition (Photos) / Graduate Runs To Her Father's Mechanic Shop, Dresses Him in Her Graduation Gown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.