Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers (44150 Views)

Brain Teasers Can You Slove These? / 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks / Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by jamace(m): 11:44am On Jan 20, 2012
The difference between two numbers is -38. Two times the smaller number minus five times the larger number is -217. What are the numbers?
8 and 46
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by emofine2(f): 4:06pm On Jan 20, 2012
You are on an island in the middle of a lake. The lake is in a remote part of the country and there has never been a bridge connecting the island to the mainland.

Every day a tractor and wagon gives hay rides around the island. Puzzled as to how the tractor had gotten onto the island, you ask around and find out that the tractor was not transported to the island by boat or by air. Nor was it built on the island.

Explain how the tractor got there?

By the wagon undecided
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 20, 2012
How many 'emus' does it take to make a Fin?
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by emofine2(f): 7:19pm On Jan 20, 2012
48÷2(9+3)= ?

I know this is an old one but still grin
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by emofine2(f): 7:20pm On Jan 20, 2012
What's the opposite of Blue? undecided
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 20, 2012
^^^green?
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by emofine2(f): 7:47pm On Jan 20, 2012
^^ nah, that would be red.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 20, 2012
And how did you come about that? angry
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by emofine2(f): 8:10pm On Jan 20, 2012
sauer:

It's the rule of nature cheesy

Think of the primary colours - Red, Blue and Yellow

and the possible combinations between two of them

The opposite of Red = Green

Green = Blue + Yellow

^^ that's a combination of two of the primary colours. . .

But since I'm looking for the opposite of Blue I'd thus combine which primary colours to give me the complementary?
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 20, 2012
Red + Yellow?
Doesn't look apparent or correct?
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Natasha2(f): 9:57pm On Jan 20, 2012
sauer:

lol person don ask you one now, you come dey vex because you fail am. You need to go through my Olodo class grin grin lessons starts by 8 tomorrow grin grin grin don't miss it! grin
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 20, 2012
well, if chief olodo is taking the class, then no probs. . . .
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 20, 2012
emöfine:

48÷2(9+3)= ?

I know this is an old one but still grin
brackets first
48/2*12
division then
24*12 = 288
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Natasha2(f): 10:13pm On Jan 20, 2012
sauer:

well, if chief olodo is taking the class, then no probs. . . .
canta block your yansh grin grin
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jan 20, 2012
Natasha,,:

canta block your yansh grin grin
translate please
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by emofine2(f): 11:44pm On Jan 20, 2012
sauer:

Red + Yellow?
Doesn't look apparent or correct?

There is a rule to colours and they have an arrangement as well so yep that's the right answer if you give me the sum of those colours. . .
Although admittedly I think I explained that scantily - it'd be much easier to understand and explain if I showed you using a colour chart. 

So tell me what's the opposite colour to purple?

sauer:

brackets first
48/2*12
division then
24*12 = 288

haha quite a few mathematicians were split over this sum but I arrived at the same answer as you although at the time the "others" were hailed champions. Pfft premature victory.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Natasha2(f): 12:08am On Jan 21, 2012
sauer:

translate please
this is your first test and you have failed I have to demote you grin
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Flashaldrin(m): 6:17am On Jan 21, 2012
Chei, where i dey since this thread start
Suya, any unsolved riddles?? Lemme get to work sharp sharp!
Jackpot you got a competition ;P
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Flashaldrin(m): 7:00am On Jan 21, 2012
And btw, i think this is correct, as in the answer, if wrong, post yours.
jackpot:

nah, for me, only the value of C suffices. Now, C=3

A-E=-2C=-2*3=-6

Final Answer: A-E=-6
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Flashaldrin(m): 9:40am On Jan 21, 2012
If you want you could attach values like
A = 1
b = 2
c = 3
d = 4
e = 7
or
A = 2
b = 1
c = 3
d = 5
e = 8
all satisfy the equations given, but the important thing is A-E = -6
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by emofine2(f): 11:35am On Jan 21, 2012
Make a word that has three or more consecutive letters of the alphabet;

defiant student

Seven years ago, Julia's mum was twice as old as Julia. Today Julia's mum is 31. How old is Julia?

the tractor was driven there over the ice during winter! 

lol how did I miss this tongue
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by emofine2(f): 11:42am On Jan 21, 2012
I once made a remark about the hidden books of the Bible. It was a lulu; kept people looking so hard for facts…and for others it was a revelation. Some were in a jam, especially since the names of the books were not capitalized. But the truth finally struck home to numbers of our readers. To others it was a real job. We want it to be a most fascinating few moments for you. Yes, there will be some really easy ones to spot. Others may require judges to help them. I will quickly admit it usually takes a pastor to find one of them, and there will be loud lamentations when it is found! A little lady says she brews a cup of tea so she can concentrate better. See how well you can compete. Relax now, for there really are sixteen names of books of the Bible in this paragraph.

- courtesy of naijajive wink
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by kariolality: 1:02pm On Jan 21, 2012
Saver, it seems you are good in maths and like to apply maths to real life problem,i also like maths die as you do, keep posting brain teaser questions and see if it can tease my brain.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by kariolality: 1:32pm On Jan 21, 2012
@all, , assuming you want to tile the floor of your room and you got the sample of a tile which measures 0.12 by 0.15 metres {by conversion from 12 by 15 centimetre} and you measured your room to be 6.5 by 8 metres,and you know the cost of a tile to be 950 naira, Also the cost of workmanship is 10,000naira, You are running a savings account in the bank and you are having 50,000naira in your account in the bank and you are removing the money needed to put the tiles in place, How much is left in your account in the bank, who can solve this simple but technical question, HAHAHAHAHA<laughs> grin
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by freecocoa(f): 1:37pm On Jan 21, 2012
emöfine:

I once made a remark about the hidden books of the Bible. It was a lulu; kept people looking so hard for facts…and for others it was a revelation. Some were in a jam, especially since the names of the books were not capitalized. But the truth finally struck home to numbers of our readers. To others it was a real job. We want it to be a most fascinating few moments for you. Yes, there will be some really easy ones to spot. Others may require judges to help them. I will quickly admit it usually takes a pastor to find one of them, and there will be loud lamentations when it is found! A little lady says she brews a cup of tea so she can concentrate better. See how well you can compete. Relax now, for there really are sixteen names of books of the Bible in this paragraph.

Revelation
Numbers
Judges
Lamentations
Luke
James
Job
Mark
Ruth
Acts
Peter
Kings
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by jamace(m): 2:05pm On Jan 21, 2012

- courtesy of naijajive  wink

Mark
Acts
Revelation
James
Ruth
Tobias
Peter
Numbers
Job
Luke
Leviticus
Judges
Lamentations
Hebrews
Mormons
King
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by freecocoa(f): 2:12pm On Jan 21, 2012
^
Huh?

Hebrews?
Mormons?
Tobias?
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Flashaldrin(m): 2:24pm On Jan 21, 2012
emöfine:

mark
luke
acts
reveletion
james
job
numbers
ruth
judges
lamentations
hebrews
peter
kings
amos
titus
esther
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by freecocoa(f): 2:29pm On Jan 21, 2012
Show me Titus, Esther and Amos please.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Flashaldrin(m): 2:37pm On Jan 21, 2012
1. I will quickly admiT IT USually - titus
2. yES THERe will be some really easy - esther
3. We want it to be A MOSt fascinating - amos

I'm not on my laptop, i would have colored them.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by freecocoa(f): 2:40pm On Jan 21, 2012
Okay,didn't think of finding them like that,I derived mine from complete words.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Flashaldrin(m): 2:42pm On Jan 21, 2012
kariolality:

@all, , assuming you want to tile the floor of your room and you got the sample of a tile which measures 0.12 by 0.15 metres {by conversion from 12 by 15 centimetre} and you measured your room to be 6.5 by 8 metres,and you know the cost of a tile to be 950 naira, Also the cost of workmanship is 10,000naira, You are running a savings account in the bank and you are having 50,000naira in your account in the bank and you are removing the money needed to put the tiles in place, How much is left in your account in the bank, who can solve this simple but technical question, HAHAHAHAHA<laughs> grin
lol, not bad, all i had to do was calculate the number of tiles needed and when it came as a decimal, i then found out it wasnt really important cheesy
well you just need to put the tiles in place meaning that they've already been bought, thus you will pay only for the workmanship which is N10,000. Leaving you with 40,000. Poor man lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Kwarapoly Graduating Students Punished For Stylishly Signing Out After Its Ban / Tsakuwa Primary School In Taraba In Bad Condition (Photos) / Graduate Runs To Her Father's Mechanic Shop, Dresses Him in Her Graduation Gown