Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,780 members, 7,955,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:27 PM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (1778 Views)

Why Gowon Rejected The Aburi Accord / Gowon & Ojukwu In Aburi (video) / The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 20, 2012
Re: . by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 20, 2012
Re: . by Obiagu1(m): 1:01am On Jan 20, 2012
I hope those that want us out of Lagos will support this or will they double talk again?
Re: . by stayreal: 1:11am On Jan 20, 2012
Obiagu1:

I hope those that want us out of Lagos will support this or will they double talk again?

Double talk will be the response.
Re: . by NegroNtns(m): 3:27am On Jan 20, 2012
Igbo youths Thursday rose from an emergency meeting in Enugu, with a call for full implementation of the agreement signed by Nigerian leaders in Aburi, Ghana in 1967

a new accord and treaty need to be drawn to meet the new political awareness and realities. You cannot default to a 1967 agreement that Ojukwu failed to honor. Yes, its time for something to partition and dissolve the country. Abudri accord does not do that.
Re: . by bashr8: 3:41am On Jan 20, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

a new accord and treaty need to be drawn to meet the new political awareness and realities. You cannot default to a 1967 agreement that Ojukwu failed to honor. Yes, its time for something to partition and dissolve the country. Abudri accord does not do that.

Your a dummy, how can ojukwu fail to honour what he was fighting for,I really don't understand how someone can be so stupid gosh are u a spambot or whT
Re: . by SamIkenna: 5:40am On Jan 20, 2012
Quote from: Negro_Ntns on Today at 03:27:48 AM

Man! Are you for real? Did you just say Ojukwu didn't honor Aburi accord? You mean Ojukwu went to Ghana to extract an agreement from Gowon's Govt only to come back and lick his words. Besides did you 4get that the burden of the agreement was more on the FG because Easterners were the ones getting slaughtered by the North? Wow! You mean Ojukwu went to Aburi to stop his people from getting massacred just for photo-OP? I guess I was wrong by thinking you were somehow redeemable eventhough you post some hate-filled posts against anything Igbo, now I see better.

Still can't hate you bro but its shame that such a highly educated man would gloss over a crystal clear, well documented truth just for what? Its a shame. My heart really sank when I read your post. Between 2-3 million of my people died, just remember that. Even Hausa- Fulani/ Gowon/ Awolowo/ Enahoro/ Soyinka/ Fela and other good Nigerians know without doubt that it was Gowon/FG that got hoodwinked by the British and some other folks. Like I said, I've gat nothing but love for you.

1 Like

Re: . by stayreal: 5:57am On Jan 20, 2012
bashr8:

Your a dummy, how can ojukwu fail to honour what he was fighting for,I really don't understand how someone can be so silly gosh are u a spambot or whT

My brother, didn't I say you would see double talk. Now they say Ojukwu did not honour it. If we put up the many threads on the Aburi Accord you will see them saying something else.
Re: . by stayreal: 6:17am On Jan 20, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Quote from: Negro_Ntns on Today at 03:27:48 AM

Man! Are you for real? Did you just say Ojukwu didn't honor Aburi accord? You mean Ojukwu went to Ghana to extract an agreement from Gowon's Govt only to come back and lick his words. Besides did you 4get that the burden of the agreement was more on the FG because Easterners were the ones getting slaughtered by the North? Wow! You mean Ojukwu went to Aburi to stop his people from getting massacred just for photo-OP? I guess I was wrong by thinking you were somehow redeemable eventhough you post some hate-filled posts against anything Igbo, now I see better.

Still can't hate you bro but its shame that such a highly educated man would gloss over a crystal clear, well documented truth just for what? Its a shame. My heart really sank when I read your post. Between 2-3 million of my people died, just remember that. Even Hausa- Fulani/ Gowon/ Awolowo/ Enahoro/ Soyinka/ Fela and other good Nigerians know without doubt that it was Gowon/FG that got hoodwinked by the British and some other folks. Like I said, I've gat nothing but love for you.

@Sam_Ikenna

At some point I realized I cannot be angry at these people anymore. I actually pity them because their hate for us has consumed them to the point some of their most educated lack common sense at the mere mention of Biafra, Ojukwu, Southeast, or Igbo. We know one thing, that things change in this world. Someone that was once an ally becomes an enemy and vice versa. Gowon was in support of One Nigeria and befriended the Hausa, now his people are under attack by the same and is alive to see the suffering of people until this day and has nothing to say. There are many others that we know about. I realize that our struggle is stronger than Yoruba and Hausa, it is spiritual, it is demonic force that wants to keep us in bondage to Nigeria. This force blinds people from seeing others as human beings that want what they want, the ability to be free from opresssion and to live in peace. Only God can break this yoke for us. Lord willing, we will have Biafra, until then he will continue to bless our people within or without Nigeria.
Re: . by Nwaaba1(m): 6:19am On Jan 20, 2012

some people are fool.
Re: . by Nwaaba1(m): 6:20am On Jan 20, 2012
a new accord and treaty need to be drawn to meet the new political awareness and realities.  You cannot default to a 1967 agreement that Ojukwu failed to honor.  Yes, its time for something to partition and dissolve the country.  Abudri accord does not do that.

some people are fools.
Re: . by SamIkenna: 5:23pm On Jan 20, 2012
@stayreal, Somehow you are right. Personally I have no interest in hating anyone, Just like I responded to one of Negro's posts that prison is as much concrete walls as it is belief and hate. One doesn't need to serve jail-time to really be in prison, ones belief or hate for another could be life sentence you know. Anyway, if hating Igbo and other easterners makes him sleep at night then ride on. I know there is a way to passionately love your people and still respect others, I believe in it and I'm not twisting history, changing, or hating other ethnic group just because one Negro_Ntns is sunk deep in the mud of ethnic bigotry.
Re: . by Dede1(m): 5:34pm On Jan 20, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

It is an understatement to call you a drooling fool.
Re: . by NegroNtns(m): 5:48pm On Jan 20, 2012
What a punk a s s hole u are!! cool When are u going to learn?

(1) (Reply)

Are South Africans Smarter Than Nigerians? / U.S Behind Boko Haram Activities In Nigeria- Sheikh Gumi / Should State Of Origin Be Replaced With State Of Residence In The Constitution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.