Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Breaking News! Reports Of Several Explosion In Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News! Reports Of Several Explosion In Kano (6031 Views)

Stella Oduah Debunks Reports Of Supreme Court Sacking - Channels Television / Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] / BREAKING NEWS: Reports Say Abubakar Shekau Captured, Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Breaking News! Reports Of Several Explosion In Kano by White007(m): 6:09pm On Jan 20, 2012
Multiple explosions have rocked Kano, the biggest city in northern Nigeria.

The BBC's Yusuf Yakasai in the city says there is pandemonium with people running all over the place and plumes of smoke rising into the sky.

One of the blasts hit the police headquarters and two other police stations, he says.

No-one has claimed responsibility for the attacks, but Islamist militants have been behind a recent campaign of violence in the mainly Muslim north.

Our reporter says after the explosions, gunshots could be heard.

The blasts targeted different neighbourhoods of the city.

So far he is aware of explosions at the police headquarters in the west, one police station in the centre, and another police station in the south.

A reporter for the AP news agency said one of the explosions was powerful enough to shake his car several miles away from the blast.

The Islamist Boko Haram group, whose name means "Western education is forbidden", wants to establish Sharia (Islamic law) in Nigeria and started to stage drive-by shootings in 2010 on government targets in its base in the north-eastern city of Maiduguri.

It has stepped up its attacks in 2011, attacking the headquarters of the police and the UN in the capital, Abuja.

In recent weeks, southerners, who are mostly Christians or animists, living in the north have been the targets of deadly attacks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-16658493
Re: Breaking News! Reports Of Several Explosion In Kano by Osama10(m): 6:11pm On Jan 20, 2012
Re: Breaking News! Reports Of Several Explosion In Kano by White007(m): 6:18pm On Jan 20, 2012
Na Wao! Which way Nigeria? This is getting out of hand. . .
Re: Breaking News! Reports Of Several Explosion In Kano by Aringarosa(m): 6:28pm On Jan 20, 2012
Report reaching me has it that More than 20 explosion in Kano. This BH guys are getting more daring.
Re: Breaking News! Reports Of Several Explosion In Kano by Osama10(m): 6:39pm On Jan 20, 2012
Let Jona be joking.
Re: Breaking News! Reports Of Several Explosion In Kano by White007(m): 6:45pm On Jan 20, 2012
Cancerous i would say, it's eating deeper. Something must be done and the earlier the better.
Re: Breaking News! Reports Of Several Explosion In Kano by 9jaIhail(m): 6:59pm On Jan 20, 2012
Osama10:

Let Jona be joking.

please spare me the craps,what the phuck everything you guys blame President,GEJ will work as president work as army work as police work as magistrate.if i may ask you the boko boys and their sponsors that was arrested where are them? today i read that one stupid judge had just release six boko haram what does that tell you.please we need to adjust our hatred over this president.we must not place all our anger on him.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News! Reports Of Several Explosion In Kano by princenayo: 7:58pm On Mar 18, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

please spare me the craps,what the phuck everything you guys blame President,GEJ will work as president work as army work as police work as magistrate.if i may ask you the boko boys and their sponsors that was arrested where are them? today i read that one stupid judge had just release six boko haram what does that tell you.please we need to adjust our hatred over this president.we must not place all our anger on him.
pls tell them. Everything that happens they will start calling GEJ. Even the troubles we cause by ourselves.
Re: Breaking News! Reports Of Several Explosion In Kano by OAM4J: 9:32pm On Mar 18, 2013

(1)

FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister / We Will Destroy Kaaba: Islamic State In Iraq And The Levant (ISIS) / Are We Going Back To The Days Of Slavery? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.