Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,234 members, 7,825,904 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Gbawe And Other Nairalanders, Please Forgive Me. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbawe And Other Nairalanders, Please Forgive Me. (1033 Views)

What Barcanista Really Want (not Really That Of Gbawe) / Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists / *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbawe And Other Nairalanders, Please Forgive Me. by BP(m): 9:28am On Jan 21, 2012
Gbawe,
Many months ago I opened a thread about my favorite nairalanders in the politics section.

I did you and others the dishonor of putting your name and those of others along side that of a certain "humanimal" called Beaf.

At the time, I admired Beaf's ability to press his points home even if I didn't always agree with them.

Most recently, Beaf has become a loose canon firing folly and madness in a blind support for GEJ.

For ever mentioning your name in the same sentence with a low lifer like Beaf, i'm forever sorry.
Re: Gbawe And Other Nairalanders, Please Forgive Me. by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 21, 2012
BP:

Guys, I used to come to the Politics section to read posts and comments from some very decent guys. Even though nairaland has more than its own fair share of cranks and bigots, there were a few guys who stood above that rot in their analysis and arguements.

In recent times however, these guys have "fallen my hand" (and I'm sure others will agree too) by joining the fray of insulting and tribalist posters, and blind supporters of certain politicians. They have lost their objectivity and now see everything right and nothing wrong with the politicians they support. In addition, they now use loads of gutter language in their posts and comments.

This is really an appeal to them to rise above the rot and do the right thing in spite of the increasing numbers of cranks and bigots we now have on this forum. Gentlemen, find your names below:

(1) Gbawe: Gbawe, in his objective days, was an analyst par excellence. He had the ability to make you see things you did not consider before. Not anymore. I almost do not see a difference between Gbawe and Eko-Ile and Ileke-Idi( Eko Ile and Ileke Idi are the epitomes of how not to behave on a public forum). Gbawe seems to have lost his objectivity. He is now a blind supporter of ACN, Tinubu and the likes. They can do no wrong in his eyes. Sir, please we need you to regain your objectivity and gentlemanliness you were known for. You are not Eko Ile. You are better than that. Stop the insults and crude words and let's have you back at your best.

(2)Katsumoto: Katz actually prompted me to open this thread. I used to read his comments on economic issues with so much respect . I remember one time when he opened a thread on Sanusi and his policies. In spite of the provocative comments by some other posters, Katz kept his cool and my respect for him went up by many notches. It was with great shock then that I read the rather uncouth and crude words he used on another poster (arsenefc). He used many unprintable and near x-rated words. Come on bro, this ain't the you I used to read with so much delight.

(3)[b] Beaf: Beaf, you had the ability to make your points in such a funny way, I could laugh with tears in my eyes. Even though you were comical in your approach, you were not childish. The way you kept soldiering on during the election period when you were almost a one-man army supporting GEJ showed remarkable bravery. But now, you've become something else. You were never really objective but now you seem to have thrown caution to the winds. Your blind support for any and everything GEJ is just crazy sometimes. Nobody can be perfect and you need to be willing to accept that for a fact where GEJ is concerned. And then, I think you can pass your views about Aregbesola across without resorting to childish name-calling and posting really crazy pictures. Beaf, nobody is saying you shouldn't support GEJ, but I still believe you can be gentlemanly about it and certainly stop being so odious. Don't lose your funniness but please don't be childish.
[/b]

(4) Jakumo: Bros, you sabi write. And u sabi write sense in a very funny way. What I don't enjoy is how you constantly villify Buhari. You see absolutely nothing good in the man. It's almost like he is the devil and then you call him all sorts of names. I do not like Buhari myself. I believe you can make your feelings about Buhari known without the insults and all.

Thanks guys. Just thought to give you feedback. I know that pressure to give fire for fire can be immense with so many crazy posters here these days. But somehow I believe you can do your own things without going down to the gutters. Enjoy your day.
Re: Gbawe And Other Nairalanders, Please Forgive Me. by werepeLeri: 9:34am On Jan 21, 2012
Rubbish
Re: Gbawe And Other Nairalanders, Please Forgive Me. by Wily1Wily: 9:36am On Jan 21, 2012
BP=British Petroleum
Re: Gbawe And Other Nairalanders, Please Forgive Me. by nateevs(m): 10:41am On Jan 21, 2012
Bless you for seeing the light. I wondered at the time if you really understood.
Now u know.
Re: Gbawe And Other Nairalanders, Please Forgive Me. by Gbawe: 11:20am On Jan 21, 2012
BP:

Gbawe,
Many months ago I opened a thread about my favorite nairalanders in the politics section.

I did you and others the dishonor of putting your name and those of others along side that of a certain "humanimal" called Beaf.

At the time, I admired Beaf's ability to press his points home even if I didn't always agree with them.

Most recently, Beaf has become a loose canon firing folly and madness in a blind support for GEJ.

For ever mentioning your name in the same sentence with a low lifer like Beaf, i'm forever sorry.

Nothing to apologise about. Better for us to understand that events are greater than all of us and our leaders. Everyone knows I rate Fashola highly but over the subsidy removal issue, we parted ways and I made that known here because for me, nobody is greater than the interest of the majority.

They say , and as you noted also, that I support the ACN blindly. I would really like for folks to prove this someday because I only see folks confusing a passionate and vocal belief in a Political Party, as is the norm worldwide, to mean blind support. Some of us should note what obtains worldwide to understand that the political apathy we possess is abnormal and unhelpful to Nigeria's development  because it helps the notion that evil thrive when good men do nothing. Better for us all to be part of things and make the respective Parties we identify with a model of what we want rather than sit on the fence unfairly calling those passionate about the political process "apologists".

Do I think the ACN is better than the ruling Party? Of course I do . DO I try and show this on NL? Indeed and with passion. What I do not do is blindly , by default, back what the ACN and its leaders do everytime. Nairalanders should show , for example, where I defended the LASU fee increase blindly or that I automatically backed the treatment of the Lekki toll protestors. They should show, like others who actually back leaders blindly, that I supported Fashola's stand on subsidy removal. If anything, I made it clear Fashola is wrong and , today, I view him differently for this singular act. I am not without flaws but I remain pro-people. That consideration will always mean, when push comes to shove, I will side with Nigerians against any individual, Party or entity.

As for Beaf, Personally , I think it is time the forum left him alone. There is a lot to discuss currently as per the precarious situation of Nigeria. Let us discuss what really matters so we are not accused of being a people who fiddled while Rome was burning to the ground.
Re: Gbawe And Other Nairalanders, Please Forgive Me. by Demdem(m): 12:17pm On Jan 21, 2012
It's unfortunate that it took u this long to realise that he is trully an a*se hole. No yawa. U are simply human like any one of us. Welkom to the fold of the sane.
Re: Gbawe And Other Nairalanders, Please Forgive Me. by adino(m): 1:08pm On Jan 21, 2012
@ Gbawe
I never knew you could make sense like this. I don't want to be wrong but Sometimes you really seem to make sense.

@ BP
Stop be a trend follower, follow your own course and stop following crowd.

(1) (Reply)

Drastic Reduction In Gas From Nigeria Forces Load Management In Ghana / Video: Nigerian Bomb Squad Operative Blown To Bits (kaduna) / Nigeria Would Be Better If Politicians Undergo Military Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.