Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,755 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

What Must The South Do Now That The North Won't Change ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Must The South Do Now That The North Won't Change ? (949 Views)

Why The North Won't Allow True Federalism - Prof Itse Sagay / Even If PDP Shows Video Of Tinubu/Buhari Robbing CBN, It Won't Change Our Minds / "North Won't Vote For PDP Come 2015 Election" - Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Must The South Do Now That The North Won't Change ? by ibide(m): 7:51am On Jan 22, 2012
What can we the south do as a rigion ? Now it's very clear that Boko Haram won't give up in their evil act and the muslim society is silent on the issuel the government look tyre or confuse i ask my question what must the south do ? Or our people should perish in their land ?
Re: What Must The South Do Now That The North Won't Change ? by ShangoThor(m): 7:59am On Jan 22, 2012
1) If there were a U.N. Sponsored Referendum today, I am of the opinion that Northern Nigeria would actually lose territory in relation to how the territory was mapped out under Lugard as the people of the middle belt would opt to go with the South.

2) The truth is that the Islamic separatist aggressors will not give up their cause hence all other communities have choices to either band together to control the eventual outcome of their expansionist aggression or to fall prey and wait like sitting ducks.

3) A genuine SNC can only be conducted after the Islamic North have been excised from the Union. From this point, which ever Community would like to go their separate way, subject to a referendum should be allowed to peacefully under the supervision or input of international mediators. The idea is to let the people decide, and in reality the different peoples of the South do not have to like one another or hold hands as neighbours whilst skipping into the SunSet. If they want to go off and do their own thing, let them.

4) So let's talk about Military strategies, it's simple really. The Western Militia (Yorubas) hold the Western flank, the Eastern Militia (Ndigbo) hold the Eastern Flank, The Tivs, Beroms etc hold the Middle Belt (Centre ground) which serves as a buffer to the other Militias, and Further South (Ijaws, Itshekiri, Ilajes etc) hold the rear flank (part Coast), just in case or as a back up.
Re: What Must The South Do Now That The North Won't Change ? by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 22, 2012
Encourage pple to come bak home, nt by talkng bt by action! Sak a northerna t create a space fo a southerna n d noth, get a busines space fo dose n busines. Wen a large numba hav movd down, then try to go ur way.
Dere wuld hav ben a relativ peac tday f Ojukwu had suceedd.
Re: What Must The South Do Now That The North Won't Change ? by fennels007(m): 10:59am On Jan 22, 2012
Scores of Xtians hav died in d hands of muslisms simply b/c d Islamic sect don't want 2hav anything in comon with Xians. Obviously, dis is clear 2 we d victims of these mayhem being unleashd by d north. Snce gov hav fail, opting out becoms d BEST solutiom
Re: What Must The South Do Now That The North Won't Change ? by Ndata(m): 11:06am On Jan 22, 2012
If i may answer the question what must the south do.I will suggest they hand power over to the North.All these are the fallout of reneging on the gentlemans agreement entered within the ruling party PDP which stipulates power shift between the south and north.
Re: What Must The South Do Now That The North Won't Change ? by stayreal: 11:28am On Jan 22, 2012
Ndata:

If i may answer the question what must the south do.I will suggest they hand power over to the North.All these are the fallout of reneging on the gentlemans agreement entered within the ruling party PDP which stipulates power shift   between the south and north.

Shut up about the power shift! Nigeria is the only country in the world that does that silly crap. That is not a democracy. Leave us and go and declare Islamic Republic of Arewa! There you can have all the power you want!
Re: What Must The South Do Now That The North Won't Change ? by ibide(m): 12:04pm On Jan 22, 2012
I thinking that all southerner's should come back home to develope their land
Re: What Must The South Do Now That The North Won't Change ? by fennels007(m): 9:04pm On Jan 22, 2012
If the bokos could make their demands known, then reneging power to d north would've ben considad. But d islamit comunity claimed d bokos ar faceles. TOTAL SEPARATION from d north if possible.
Re: What Must The South Do Now That The North Won't Change ? by PapaBrowne(m): 9:22pm On Jan 22, 2012
Ndata:

If i may answer the question what must the south do.I will suggest they hand power over to the North.All these are the fallout of reneging on the gentlemans agreement entered within the ruling party PDP which stipulates power shift between the south and north.

With the temperature in the country right now, the North will never hold on to power in one Nigeria. It is either the country splits or power is decided at the ballot boxes which the North would never win ever again!

Sad thing is that it is northerners that are suffering the menace of Boko Haram!!
Re: What Must The South Do Now That The North Won't Change ? by Lasinoh: 10:35pm On Jan 22, 2012
Fortify ONLY the South.
Let the Southerners in the North continue to perish! kiss
The North has the right to destroy their own states.
The North is responsible for their colloctive destinies! kiss
Re: What Must The South Do Now That The North Won't Change ? by OneNaira6: 10:59pm On Jan 22, 2012
Leave the north
Declare an independent state from north
Save ourselves before they destroy us in their self destruction agenda.
Re: What Must The South Do Now That The North Won't Change ? by PointB: 12:02am On Jan 23, 2012
@Topic
keep voting a southern president until the north is weaned of the born-to-rule mentality.
Re: What Must The South Do Now That The North Won't Change ? by vladimiros: 12:13am On Jan 23, 2012
referendum simple

the north wants to remain in it babaric state let erm
Re: What Must The South Do Now That The North Won't Change ? by ak47mann(m): 12:33am On Jan 23, 2012
I wonder boko haram blowing up all their infrastructures they are turning their region to a dangerous place to live,northerners should stand up and fight this( boko haram) we are still watching their out come to see what next;if they are in support with terrorist then separation is a good option,destroying your infrastructures and after is the same enemies you are killing will use their resources to fix  it.

True federalism is needed because northerners need to wake da fucck up and see whats coming for them cool lynch on those cabals in the north with big money they are using you lot,power belongs to the people fix your agricultural sector and start educating the almajiris.
Re: What Must The South Do Now That The North Won't Change ? by Ndata(m): 7:24am On Jan 23, 2012
[Shut up about the power shift! Nigeria is the only country in the world that does that silly crap. That is not a democracy. Leave us and go and declare Islamic Republic of Arewa! There you can have all the power you want!
/quote]
@Stayreal/For your information am not a Northerner,i just expressed my opinion and never you tell me to shut up.Not on your life.

Now if we look at Boko haram,they now have about three different factions.The group has been hijacked by the political elites in the North who felt they have been cheated by the south by reneging on the agreement on power shift.They even swore before now they will make Nigeria ungovernable for Jonathan.I tell you if the presidency should be given back to them today Boko haram will be a thing of the past.My view.
Re: What Must The South Do Now That The North Won't Change ? by Ndata(m): 7:26am On Jan 23, 2012
@Stayreal. For your information am not a Northerner. I just expressed my opinion and never you tell me to shut up.Not on your life.

Now if we look at Boko haram,they now have about three different factions.The group has been hijacked by the political elites in the North who felt they have been cheated by the south by reneging on the agreement on power shift.They even swore before now they will make Nigeria ungovernable for Jonathan.I tell you if the presidency should be given back to them today Boko haram will be a thing of the past.My view.
Re: What Must The South Do Now That The North Won't Change ? by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 23, 2012
The North will never change.

We can either seek for a seperation or continue to speak English until we are forced to speak only Arabic
Re: What Must The South Do Now That The North Won't Change ? by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 23, 2012
Please make sure that South excludes SW and by tribal extension, the Itsekiris and olukunmi people,

If Nigeria divides, we are going our own way! We have Yorubas in the North (Kwara, Kogi) so Yorubas are not against the Northerners whether when they are being killed by boko haram or when they have groundnut pyramids,

(1) (Reply)

Ojukwu's Burial Arrangement Stalls Prosecution Of Igbo Leader In Kaduna / OPC;fighting Violence With Violence (A Must Read 4 Every Non-Yoruba In Lagos) / Abia State Government Set To Commission Projects By Chief T.A ORJI.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.