Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,858 members, 7,844,789 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims (10797 Views)

105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Fierce Gun Battle With Boko Haram / Touching Photo Of A Nigerian Soldier Praying Before Battle With Boko Haram(Pic) / PHOTOS: Vice President Namadi Sambo Visits Kano Over Terror Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims by 4everGod1: 7:39pm On Jan 22, 2012
Re: GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 22, 2012
please someone tell me why that fool is always smiling?
Re: GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims by Funkymallam(m): 7:44pm On Jan 22, 2012
^
Ur choice of words r always terrible.
For a woman @ that. Smh
Re: GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims by ismhab(m): 7:48pm On Jan 22, 2012
chimuchi:

[size=20pt]That is a good step by our president. I LOVE Goodluck Jonathan![/size]  grin
Marry him.
Re: GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims by Skanas(m): 7:49pm On Jan 22, 2012
all tis NLanders always spewin shit na wa 4 una, if him no visit una go yarn, as him visit una stil yarn, giv tis man a breathin space and allow him 2 tink!Last tym ah checkd,northern bigshots promised us a wild wild north now we havin it,it shouldnt b a suprise, ah jst pity d southerners down north!
Re: GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims by likethat(m): 7:59pm On Jan 22, 2012
All these Bombing are caused by PDP the most blood sucking political & cultist party in the world. During Obj they use the style of Plane crashed to suck and sacrifice people to their sucking blood gods now they are using Boko Haram that is invisible for Nigerian Army, Nigerian Police etc to get just one of Boko Haram member. Na PDP be Boko Haram. This Man is not tired of saying the same word after killing and using people blood for sacrifice. Watch Out your gods will take you own blood also as they did to Obj. PDP IS A BLOOD SUCKING POLITICAL & CULTIST PARTY.
Re: GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 22, 2012
I know Goodluck has done things which I am not in support of, but all these nairalanders wey dey shout about Goodluck and Boko Haram should shut their mouths up abeg angry angry wetin exactly u wan make e do? carry gun go streets go fight them? If the president has declared that he knows the sponsors (I hope that is even true), has any one settled down to think about the main reasons why he hasn't done anything? Una just dey here dey play blame games. Dem tell una say the fight against terrorism na biscuit? angry make people chill abeg. As far as I am concerned, NOTHING can be done for now because these Haramites are far more organized than we can think,and may most probably have the support of top guns in GEJ's government. One wrong step by GEJ and everything will be blown up. For now let's try as much as we can to stay safe.I no see wetin anybody fit do against Boko Haram here o. If you get any suggestions  undecided , you can educate me on that.
Re: GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims by dapachez: 8:19pm On Jan 22, 2012
Good move GEJ,please more proactive measures,may God give you the wisdom to make the right decisions. There should be no sacred cows let head roll this time to be a deterrent to others
Re: GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims by ume(m): 8:22pm On Jan 22, 2012
GEJ i no envy u at all,u hav made a mark as de worst president in nija,pls join boko haram so dat u can lobby dem from inside
Re: GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims by dapachez: 8:29pm On Jan 22, 2012
Thank you help me tell them oh
ekwah:

I know Goodluck has done things which I am not in support of, but all these nairalanders wey dey shout about Goodluck and Boko Haram should shut their mouths up abeg angry angry wetin exactly u wan make e do? carry gun go streets go fight them? If the president has declared that he knows the sponsors (I hope that is even true), has any one settled down to think about the main reasons why he hasn't done anything? Una just dey here dey play blame games. Dem tell una say the fight against terrorism na biscuit? angry make people chill abeg. As far as I am concerned, NOTHING can be done for now because these Haramites are far more organized than we can think,and may most probably have the support of top guns in GEJ's government. One wrong step by GEJ and everything will be blown up. For now let's try as much as we can to stay safe.I no see wetin anybody fit do against Boko Haram here o. If you get any suggestions  undecided , you can educate me on that.
Re: GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims by rabzy01: 8:33pm On Jan 22, 2012
dem_people:

Lets be honest to ourselves.

From a suspect having an "association with the VP", to finding a suspect with an "airforce officer" in a "govt. house", to aiding  Boko Haram suspects by a "commissioner of police",  all of these, powerful connections. If there ever was/ is a chance of ending Boko Haram, its you northerners that would effect it.

GEJ has run out of ideas - and I don't blame him one bit.
Since he is out of ideas he should resign and give a chance to a Nigerian who has ideas, simple.
Re: GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims by Simplepton: 9:03pm On Jan 22, 2012
:-x
Re: GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims by ifeci: 9:08pm On Jan 22, 2012
^
Ur choice of words r always terrible.
For a woman @ that. Smh

woman or not, she has a right to express herself abeg.
Re: GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims by prettyboi1(m): 9:15pm On Jan 22, 2012
Goodluck Jonathan is simply a failure, NIGERIANS (both Christians & Muslims) are being terrorized by a radical group trying to divide our country & tarnish the image of the religion of our fellow Muslim brothers & our president who took the oath of office & is paid heavily each month to protect us NIGERIANS (of all tribes & religions etc) is completely clueless as to how to go about solving this boko haram threat. He is weak about everything related to this threat & all he ever says is "we would bring the perpetrators of this ungodly act to face the full wrath of the law.". we are tired of his weakness SIMPLE.
Re: GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 22, 2012
More lives will be lost, Whether we argue or not, GEJ knows who is running this, When kidnappers are caught in BENIN, they are interrogated and killed instantly, but when terrorists are caught, they either run away from the police, or they are bailed, And then they go out killing more, and then we argue, over what? GEJ that isn't competent, if lives must be saved for GEJ to leave, then let him leave, it is as simple as that, because we never know who is leaving mother earth tomorrow, because of who has to be in power.
Re: GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims by juman(m): 9:25pm On Jan 22, 2012
Emir of Kano and other of their leaders have failed their people.

Millions of children of their subjects are practically living rough on the street.

Hisses.
Re: GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 22, 2012
visitation, speeches, sympathies, dialouge , awesome idea in an ideal country but we are far from ideal. solution is this: assasination: corvet, well planned elimination of high profile supporters of our country's enemies, somebody openly donated 100m to a radical group and no body said anything? and how did the group respond? thank you very much enjoy some more bombs.
mr joe, start with a polygraph for your in house, clean it up then head towards all the governors and security agents. who ever that is in bed with this terrorist should not be exposed or tried in a court, the person should be quietly whacked, the clean up must begin asap
Re: GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims by mpmp: 9:39pm On Jan 22, 2012
Goodluck Jonathan has run out of luck. Unfortunately, the "good" that remains has turned to bad.

Forever and ever, it will be recorded in history that Boko Haram became a household name in his time.

And please, can someone tell GEJ to stop wearing his dark, sad and gloomy looking kinda clothes.
Re: GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims by Novice1(m): 9:42pm On Jan 22, 2012
He looks like a beggar beside the Emir of Kano
Re: GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims by GeneralGEJ: 9:43pm On Jan 22, 2012
a display of lack of home training  - see people insulting their fathers and mothers.  like any of you can do better.  The Government is trying it uptomst best deal with all these problems
Re: GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 22, 2012
@General GEJ, Now that you know what the Government is doing, can you pls share with us, what we need to know about how they can stop this?
Re: GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims by MAYOWAAK: 9:52pm On Jan 22, 2012
Natural disaster

Re: GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims by Sommey(m): 9:57pm On Jan 22, 2012
I rily fyl 4 our Presido. God b wif us all, Amen.
Re: GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims by dayooye(m): 10:02pm On Jan 22, 2012
GeneralGEJ:

a display of lack of home training  - see people insulting their fathers and mothers.  like any of you can do better.  The Government is trying it uptomst best deal with all these problems

its obvious they are trying dea best by releasing suspected BH members on bail, flooding lagos wit d military while the north is on fire, i pray BH would hit some1 really close to him, then ill see what script he would be reading by then, clueless odechukwu, hisssssssssss
Re: GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 22, 2012
IF IM A MUSLIM, I WILL STOP READING KORAN/QORAN AND SET IT ON FIRE.
muslims are full of deceit and oppression.  whether we like it or not, boko haram can not stop as long as Koran still exist,

Im not trying to insight hate speech but any Nigerian hoping for an end of boko haram should forget it and think of another thing.
BK SAID THEY WILL ONLY NEGOTIATE FOR PEACE ACCORDING TO THE TEACHINGS OF PROPHET MOHAMED,  UNFORTUNATELY, THE TEACHINGS OF PROPHET MOHAMED IS "KILL, BEHEAD, JIHAD, REVENGE ETC.".

Truth hurts and  its bitter,
Re: GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 22, 2012
rabzy01:

Since he is out of ideas he should resign and give a chance to a Nigerian who has ideas, simple.

Oga if you are asking him to resign or be impeached on grounds of corruption or some other actions that brings the name of the president or the Federal Republic into disrepute I can understand . . .but to resign becos of Boko Haram is a bit stretching it too far.

A nations security system (just like any system) is only as good as the people involved in running it and based on events of the last 7 months, it is safe to say that our security system has been compromised. It is a delicate situation but one that still leaves some advantages to GEJ. Beyond the sad and unfortunate loss of innocent lives, the long term socio-economic implication of Boko Haram is that Northern Nigeria will eventually find it difficult to attract local or international investment and create jobs for their people. Of course the vicious cycle continues and while regions below the Niger develop, the North will drift further into chaos and anarchy.

Northerners have a joint responsibility with GEJ to end this madness NOW before it is too late.
Re: GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims by Ninapha(f): 10:20pm On Jan 22, 2012
His visit 2 Kano or not shd not be our priority. Boko Haram is a brain child of opposition parties. Nigeria is not matured enough for multiple party system cos our leaders are bad loosers. I will be the last person to accept boko haram is fighting religious war, yes I agree whoever that their oga must be a muslim but his mission is political exploit. D more reason it was easy for the suspect to disappear, whoever that is behind boko haram must be a muslim, a past presidential candidate from an opposition party and of d hausa origin. No PDP stalwat wd bring down his party. Leave Goodluck alone he too is worried as all of us.
Re: GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims by Chongaiman: 10:22pm On Jan 22, 2012
By these bombings etc, those who feel they were born to rule hope to frustrate GEJ out and gain by crook what they couldn't get through the ballot box.
Re: GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims by dempeople(m): 10:23pm On Jan 22, 2012
jason123:

I feel for Jonathan. He is practically helpless . . . and to makes matters worse, his advisers are/were telling him rubbish just to dissociate themselves from him at the end of the day.

My adviser for him is that he has two options:

1) Unite the South somehow . . . .
OR
2) Fight Boko Haram head on. Arrest Atiku and co that vowed to make the country ungovernable.

Not doing any of the two will surely lead to disaster . . . . sad

The only feasible choice we have is option 1.

Option 2 is a bit late. Arresting Atiku should've been done when there weren't many sympathizers compared to now. I strongly believe northern elites such as IBB, Atiku etc have lost control of the group's apparatus.

I think their initial intention was to tap into the group's anger of the death of their leader and members, support the group with heavy weaponry and remote-control them.

This has failed to a certain extent and the control has seriously waned though ofcourse, the remote-controlled and the controllers have an almost mutual script of intended targets.

alj harem:

I guess as much, I understand that GEJ is trying his best but at this stage the best is not enough. Lets be honest with ourselves. Are we going to keep doing like this where bombs go off and the boko haram keep having the last laugh ? No

I checked the thread Beaf opened the other day about a foreign IG and it made a lot of sense. That is someone thinking of a solution. We cannot keep going on like this, something has to give.

Boko haram has nothing to do with northerners or muslims. They represent themselves.

A foreign IG wouldn't solve the problem one bit. The NPF is severely compromised. Motivation to combat crime is at near zero - if its not even zero. The whole government structure is comatose.

Corruption is the order of the day and nothing will change even if you have a foreigner at the helm of affairs.  How much are police officers paid to effectively do their jobs?

They're paid peanuts and we expect them to be rambos.

Tell me how hungry players will perform on the field with the best of coaches. For a very effective police, the structure of Nigeria itself has to change.

rabzy01:

And who is that Nigerian?
Re: GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims by Mrc1: 10:24pm On Jan 22, 2012
Boko Haram flourishes because there is no credible security apparatus in Nigeria. An arrested leader of the terror group escaped Police detention last week in Abuja of all places and you expect security in Kano or Borno?

The Nigerian leader has no idea how to deal with this. They keep putting out frivolous statements like they are "on top of the situation" while terror runs unabated!
Re: GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims by prettyboi1(m): 10:27pm On Jan 22, 2012
ekwah:

Bro I see some sense in what you've written. but be honest,WOULD YOU STILL STAND BY THIS STATEMENT & VINDICATE JONATHAN OF ANY WRONGS IF A MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY GETS KILLED BY BOKO HARAM? BE SINCERE. & I disagree with you on the part where you said nothing can be done about b.h. right now,that's very false. A good leader & his followers don't think on d same level. A good leader should always think ahead & its where Jonathan falls short. he isn't leadership material. his cabinet of ministers alone is proof of this & now that there's trouble the blind ministers can't lead the blind president. ADVICE TO EVERYONE: NO MAN IS AN ISLAND OF KNOWLEDGE,SO BEFORE YOU PLAY "POLITICS" WITH WHATEVER AREAS OF LIFE,ASSUME THE WORST CASE SCENARIO & SURROUND YOURSELF WITH THE RIGHT & EFFECIENT PEOPLE THAT WOULD GUIDE YOU THROUGH IF THINGS GO VERY WRONG,PICK THEM ON THE BASIS OF MERIT & NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE YOUR FRIENDS.padi padi would not help him fight boko haram now. but he needs to talk to himself tho,wake up from his slumber,seek advise from more reasonable people & grab the bull (boko haram) by the balls in such a wise way that benefits the whole of Nigeria & doesn't backfire. That's why he's our leader. if you play chess,you'd be able to relate to what I just said cos in the game of chess you seriously have to consider all the negative effects of your moves with reference to your enemy before making them & once you consider them safe enough to save your kingdom,take that step. THIS IS THE KIND OF STRATEGY JONATHAN SHOULD RELATE TO. Go back to the drawing board & think,think,think,think,think & consult & start over again, the old ways(&people he has surrounding him,ministers,advisers,etc) have failed.
Re: GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims by Roforofo(m): 10:50pm On Jan 22, 2012
So called "President" Goodluck Jonathan is a dunce and clueless coward. Even the BBC reporter on his entourage said he was puzzled that after such a devastating attack Goodluck was boasting that Boko-Haram is "disorganized" and security forces will "easily" catch them. God punish Obasanjo for foistering this stupid slowpoke to lead a nation of 120 million!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

“FG Requires N2trn To Complete Ongoing Road Projects –fashola / Slave Girl Dolapo Osinbanjo Vs Queen Aisha Buhari. / Nwosu: Stop Tarnishing The Noble Image Of Gov Uzodinma - Imo APC Tells Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.