Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,384 members, 7,958,081 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:29 AM

Killing Of Igbos: S’east Govs, Leaders To Meet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Killing Of Igbos: S’east Govs, Leaders To Meet (1088 Views)

BIAFRA: Igbo’s Decisive Day As S.east Govs,leaders,others Meet / S’east Govs Goofed On Radio Biafra – APGA National Chairman / PDP Didn’t Win Elections In S’east – Kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Killing Of Igbos: S’east Govs, Leaders To Meet by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 23, 2012
As the killings by the dreaded Boko Haram sect continues in the Northern part of the country, governors of the five South East States have decided to convene a meeting of Igbo leaders in the next seven days and take a stand on the security issue especially as it affects the Igbos.

Many Igbos have been killed as the sect continued to make good its threat after an earlier warning that Southerners and Christians in the North should leave. The South-East governors who have remained silent on the recent killings in the North rose from its meeting in Enugu on Sunday and said it was time for them to take a stand on the matter.
Some Igbo leaders such as Senator Ben Nwabueze, Professor Joe Irukwu, Professor A.B.C Nwosu, Dubem Onyia among others who were in Enugu for the meeting of the National Committee on Ojukwu’s burial took part in the meeting which held for about four hours at the Enugu government House.

Addressing newsmen at the end of the meeting, chairman of the South-East Governors’ Forum, Mr. Peter Obi of Anambra State said that they have decided to call an enlarged meeting of Igbo political leaders to feel their pulse before taking a stand on the security situation in the country, as it affects the people of the zone.

Said he; “today we held a meeting of the South-East governors and deliberated only on one item, the security situation in the country; and how it affects us from this zone and we have decided to call a meeting of the Igbo political leaders to discuss the issue and take a position which will be made known to the public.”

Governor Obi disclosed that the meeting which will hold in Enugu would be convened within the next seven days.
All the governors from the zone namely Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, Peter Obi of Anambra, Martin Elechi, Ebonyi, Dr. T.A Orji, Abia and Sullivan Chime of Enugu were all in attendance in the meeting which the governors said they attach much importance to.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2012/jan/23/national-23-01-2012-003.html
Re: Killing Of Igbos: S’east Govs, Leaders To Meet by ak47mann(m): 1:38pm On Jan 23, 2012
peter obi is one of the advisers to the president,he should no better cool
Re: Killing Of Igbos: S’east Govs, Leaders To Meet by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 23, 2012
Yes bro, he should know.

We are watching with keen interest cool.
Re: Killing Of Igbos: S’east Govs, Leaders To Meet by ak47mann(m): 1:47pm On Jan 23, 2012
They should arrange transport for our people and something like a loan with small interest for those that lost properties and goods,help them in accommodations so they can get back on their feet A.S.A.P
Re: Killing Of Igbos: S’east Govs, Leaders To Meet by cjfavour(m): 2:35pm On Jan 23, 2012
PLS I HOPE THAT APART FRM ROCHAS DT NOBODY IS REFERING TO THESE BUNCH AS IGBO LEADERS? MOSTLY THEIR CHAIRMAN PETER OBI AND D ANTI LABOUR GOV, CHIME?THE'RE REPRESENTING THEIR POCKETS ONLY. COMPARE THEM TO OJUKWU WHEN OJUKWU WAS D GOV OF EASTERN NIGERIA AND TELL ME WHAT HAVE NT HAPPENED IN THEIR TENURES DT HAPPEND DURING OJUKWU DT MADE OJUKWU TO DO SOMETHING.they're staill planning to do smthng while their p are being killed like guinea pig.
Re: Killing Of Igbos: S’east Govs, Leaders To Meet by 9jaIhail(m): 5:55pm On Jan 23, 2012
cjfavour:

PLS I HOPE THAT APART FRM ROCHAS DT NOBODY IS REFERING TO THESE BUNCH AS IGBO LEADERS? MOSTLY THEIR CHAIRMAN PETER OBI AND D ANTI LABOUR GOV, CHIME?THE'RE REPRESENTING THEIR POCKETS ONLY. COMPARE THEM TO OJUKWU WHEN OJUKWU WAS D GOV OF EASTERN NIGERIA AND TELL ME WHAT HAVE NT HAPPENED IN THEIR TENURES DT HAPPEND DURING OJUKWU DT MADE OJUKWU TO DO SOMETHING.they're staill planning to do smthng while their p are being killed like guinea pig.

Reference to the above. bro i can feel your pains and your point is noted,but you need to remember Ojugkwu (RIP) is a military from a wealthy back ground unlike these present Governors who serve as the bread winner of their respective families.mind you that if they quickly come up with tough words or stands, by now Nigeria might be counting loses as you and i know how Igbo youth react whenever their is killing of the fellow igbos up north especially onitsha and aba guys, you can recall what happen in 2001 when about 130 igbos was killed in north two days later 187 northerners was killed in onitsha why 200 plus was killed in aba, as we all know Orji uzo as a kind of Governor who does not accommodate shyt from the northerners, had it been kalu still on the seat as the gorvernor of Abia i am sure by now you would have seeing alot of reprisal attack in aba.at the same time we need not to forget the lesson of the civil war which all Nigerian with their foreign counterpart gang up and fought a small nation Biafra,this time i think the underground plans which has been going on for some time now is the best option for we igbos and i strongly believe that Nigerians will come to realize that silent of the igbos in the face of the killing of their kinsmen is Golden,
Re: Killing Of Igbos: S’east Govs, Leaders To Meet by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 23, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

Reference to the above. bro i can feel your pains and your point is noted,but you need to remember Ojugkwu (RIP) is a military from a wealthy back ground unlike these present Governors who serve as the bread winner of their respective families.mind you that if they quickly come up with tough words or stands, by now Nigeria might be counting loses as you and i know how Igbo youth react whenever their is killing of the fellow igbos up north especially onitsha and aba guys, you can recall what happen in 2001 when about 130 igbos was killed in north two days later 187 northerners was killed in onitsha why 200 plus  was killed in aba, as we all know Orji uzo as a kind of Governor who does not accommodate shyt from the northerners, had it been kalu still on the seat as the gorvernor of Abia i am sure by now you would have seeing alot of reprisal attack in aba.at the same time we need not to forget the lesson of the civil war which all Nigerian with their foreign counterpart gang up and fought a small nation Biafra,this time i think the underground plans which has been going on for some time now is the best option for we igbos and i strongly believe that Nigerians will come to realize that silent of the igbos in the face of the killing of their kinsmen is Golden,

You spoke wisely. At least, their gathering will show that they care and will send a very strong message that everyone is awake and watching.

(1) (Reply)

Kaduna Refinery, N12b Pay To Idle Workers: Good Reason To Support Deregulation! / Sanusi Lamido Met With Osama Bin Laden In Sudan (Says NaijaPundit) / Bukoharam Money Making Opportunity!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.