Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,994 members, 7,841,810 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? (10438 Views)

What Is Considered Sexually Immoral? / 4 Reasons Why Pastors' Children Are Usually Immoral / Is It Immoral For Christian Women To Wear Thong Underwear? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? by mkmyers45(m): 12:43pm On Aug 03, 2013
Deep Sight: It was a living person that made the decision as to what should be done with his property - his body - when he dies. That is just as valid as a Will is - because it is exactly the same: a living person making a decision on his property before he dies. Simple.

In fact, it is a normal practice for people to make wills donating their organs for scientific research or medical use when they die. Is it therefore wrong for a living person to donate his body for research on necrophilia when he dies?

Does the consent lapse at death? If it lapses at death, then all Wills also become void at death for the same reason.

Logicboy's argument just as you has pointed out is rather pointless....

Although can we say it is right when such a decision is made for one in proxy? E.g when you sign off the authority of end of life decision to someone else
Re: Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 03, 2013
Deep Sight: It was a living person that made the decision as to what should be done with his property - his body - when he dies. That is just as valid as a Will is - because it is exactly the same: a living person making a decision on his property before he dies. Simple.

In fact, it is a normal practice for people to make wills donating their organs for scientific research or medical use when they die. Is it therefore wrong for a living person to donate his body for research on necrophilia when he dies?

Does the consent lapse at death? If it lapses at death, then all Wills also become void at death for the same reason.

Consent is not transfer of property. There is also a limit to what can be done to your dead body asper your will. Just as you cant write will saying that your dead body should be buried in the presidential palace, you can ask for your dead body to be f4ked! angry

Keep conflating two separate areas of law.

Fake azz lawyers; DeepShite and Uyi Irelevant
Re: Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 03, 2013
mkmyers45:

Logicboy's argument just as you has pointed out is rather pointless....

Although can we say it is right when such a decision is made for one in proxy? E.g when you sign off the authority of end of life decision to someone else

You are silly.

Logicboy03:

Consent is not transfer of property. There is also a limit to what can be done to your dead body asper your will. Just as you cant write will saying that your dead body should be buried in the presidential palace, you can ask for your dead body to be f4ked! angry

Re: Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 03, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

You still IGNORE the means by which this is circumvented. A person giving his consent before death. You don't want to argue against wills so you simply state the dead can't give consent. That's not the case. Consent can and is given in advance by stating what you want done at a later time with or without your presence. It is that consent to necrophilia can be given before death. Two, you didn't counter the argument that minors give consent. I am waiting for you to actually bring an argument. So far you have not toppled the posit that consent to necrophilia can be given before death as an extension of the legal principle of carrying out the wishes of the dead which they stated whilst alive.

Logicboy03:

Re: Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 03, 2013
Will relates to transfer of property and funeral arrangement.

Sodomy laws are a different thing entirely.

Foolish fools using one area of law to override the other.

Consent can not be given by a dead man-
-Consent is also instantaneous. It can be revoked in the middle of s.ex. A dead man cant change his mind
-Consent has nothing to do with wills. Different areas of law.

It pains me when bigoted fools try so hard to bend common sense and laws so that they can find arguments to bash gays and atheists.

Fools
Re: Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? by UyiIredia(m): 10:11pm On Aug 03, 2013
^^^This is a red herring. The presidential palace is public property for an elected public office holder. Not so for a dead body which is private property. You simply play blind and sidestep cogent points. I simply would not even argue that consent of a person can be carried out upon death by the instrument of will.
Re: Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? by UyiIredia(m): 10:13pm On Aug 03, 2013
^^^This is a red herring. The presidential palace is public property for an elected public office holder. Not so for a dead body which is private property. You simply play blind and sidestep cogent points. I simply would not even argue that consent of a person can be carried out upon death by the instrument of will. It is obvious you wish to avoid the implications by simply stating dead people cannot possibly give consent.
Re: Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 03, 2013
Uyi Iredia: ^^^This is a red herring. The presidential palace is public property for an elected public office holder. Not so for a dead body which is private property. You simply play blind and sidestep cogent points. I simply would not even argue that consent of a person can be carried out upon death by the instrument of will.

Shut up and accept you are wrong. This whole thing is pissing me off.

I detest ignorant pride with a passion.

You dont even see how you make my point. Your will/dead body is limited by other areas of law.Just as your will can not have "jurisdiction" in laws regarding the housing and safety of elected officials, your dead body/will has no jurisdiction in "sodomy" laws and laws regarding consent.

Simple and short. You conflated two separate laws
Re: Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? by UyiIredia(m): 10:43pm On Aug 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Shut up and accept you are wrong. This whole thing is pissing me off.

I detest ignorant pride with a passion.

You dont even see how you make my point. Your will/dead body is limited by other areas of law.Just as your will can not have "jurisdiction" in laws regarding the housing and safety of elected officials, your dead body/will has no jurisdiction in "sodomy" laws and laws regarding consent.

Simple and short. You conflated two separate laws

Why should jurisdiction be restricted as regards a will clearly allowing for necrophilia ? Try to answer that without being circular.
Re: Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 03, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Why should jurisdiction be restricted as regards a will clearly allowing for necrophilia ? Try to answer that without being circular.

Mtchew......just agree you were wrong. No relevance will come of of your silly question.
Re: Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? by UyiIredia(m): 12:27am On Aug 04, 2013
Lol . . . Escapism.

You have argued that consent is instanteneous and that dead people give no consent. I stated that wills are a means for such. You bring a red herring by sayin a dead person cannot will to be buried in a presidential palace. I countered this by saying that is a public property and that wishes of the dead wrt their body and properties are routinely executed via wills. Your response . . . 'Just agree you are wrong' grin Logicboyism at work. I'll advise you to try countering my argument with the claim of slippery slope fallacy. Rationalwiki alludes to this. Or find a better argument or do what you're good at_logicboyism.
Re: Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? by Nobody: 5:05am On Aug 04, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Lol . . . Escapism.

You have argued that consent is instanteneous and that dead people give no consent. I stated that wills are a means for such. You bring a red herring by sayin a dead person cannot will to be buried in a presidential palace. I countered this by saying that is a public property and that wishes of the dead wrt their body and properties are routinely executed via wills. Your response . . . 'Just agree you are wrong' grin Logicboyism at work. I'll advise you to try countering my argument with the claim of slippery slope fallacy. Rationalwiki alludes to this. Or find a better argument or do what you're good at_logicboyism.

i guess this is what happens when someone is desperate to win an argument.
Re: Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? by Kay17: 6:06am On Aug 04, 2013
Consent is a legal criteria, not necessarily a moral one. Its important we have that in mind. Some cultures condone it even in the absence of consent of the deceased.
Re: Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 04, 2013
Kay 17: Consent is a legal criteria, not necessarily a moral one. Its important we have that in mind. Some cultures condone it even in the absence of consent of the deceased.

Anything legal is also moral. angry

However moral doesnt always translate to legal. cheesy
Re: Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? by UyiIredia(m): 9:57am On Aug 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

Anything legal is also moral. angry

However moral doesnt always translate to legal. cheesy

BARF ! From no one but the bane of logic. The latter statement is correct but the former is asinine. Mr logicboy, are the laws in the Pentateuch (which you consistently use to castigate The Book) moral ? Were the Jim Crow laws moral ? Do you regard the Nigerian laws on gay marriage and polygamy as moral ?
Re: Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? by UyiIredia(m): 9:59am On Aug 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

i guess this is what happens when someone is desperate to win an argument.

Okay then, you won. Seriously, I wasn't able to make a case for necrophilia TO YOU. Can we agree on that ?
Re: Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 04, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

BARF ! From no one but the bane of logic. The latter statement is correct but the former is asinine. Mr logicboy, are the laws in the Pentateuch (which you consistently use to castigate The Book) moral ? Were the Jim Crow laws moral ? Do you regard the Nigerian laws on gay marriage and polygamy as moral ?

Dumbazz,

Morality is simply defined as what people deem to be good or bad.

Laws are official statements on what is deemed to be good or bad or acceptable in a society. Infact, law is an official statement on morality of a society.

Law is a small part of morality.

That is the point I was clearly making.

But you are too anti-logicboy to even notice
Re: Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 04, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Okay then, you won. Seriously, I wasn't able to make a case for necrophilia TO YOU. Can we agree on that ?

What case for necrophilia?

Necrophilia is wrong because of consent. Dead men can not give consent. Same thing with bestiality- animals can not give consent.

Writing a will does not change the fact. An alive person can withdraw consent during sex. A dead man can not withdraw consent to a necrophiliac.
Re: Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? by DeepSight(m): 11:12am On Aug 04, 2013
Sometimes I wonder why the emptiness of this fellow's head still surprises me.

The example of a will is open and shut- a living person making a decision on what is to be done with his private property when he dies. And this fellow counters that with the puerile and assinine shout about presidential palaces. I think he needs to be urgently hospitalized.

People donate theit organs through wills for medical research. What is Illegal or immoral about willing your dead body to be used for medical or psycological research on necrophilia.

Then he talks about capacity to withdraw consent. Yourr body is your property and it is as ridiculous to speak of your house withdrawing consent as it is to speak of your dead body doing so or lacking the capacity to do so. In fact the mofo does not realize that this comment of his betrays a belief in the afterlife.
Re: Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? by DeepSight(m): 11:17am On Aug 04, 2013
Writing a will does not change the fact. An alive person can withdraw consent during sex. A dead man can not withdraw consent to a necrophiliac.

And why should a dead man want to or have to withdraw consent WHEN AS YOU CLAIM HE DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE AND THE BODY IS AS DEAD AS A ROCK? ? ?

Only the living make decisions according to you, no? Decisions are only relevant for th living, no? So it only counts when a living man makes a decision. You cannot claim that the dead dont exist and then cry about their lack of capacity to give or withdraw consent and then use that in an argument about the rights of the non existent dead!

You are so d.umb, you do not even realize that your argument betrays a belief in the afterlife.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? by UyiIredia(m): 12:56pm On Aug 04, 2013
^^^Liked. I do respect Dawkins and Dillahaunty,
one for his boldness one for articulate (though I'm no longer as impressed). I had this idea since
atheists were all about reason I should see ONLY
REASON, no inconsistency or fallacy in whatever
arguments they make. 3 years after, I can CONFIDENTLY state that atheists, at least can be
and do, display irrationality. This applies to deists
as well since I disagree with some of their
arguments, beliefs, or even where I agree, the
method of presenting it. Seeing logicboy, I was
like 'okay, lemme try to be as logical as possible
since he presumably is logical.' That was when I
first encountered him last year. Now . . . I know
him for logicboyism (professing to be reasonable
while being most unreasonable). Seriously, the
dude is gonna marry, have kids and wealth and
write a WILL as to what should be done to all
(including his corpse) after his demise (and his
own logicboyism, maybe his daughter will have
her version) expecting that his consent as enshrined in the WILL would be executed. Nothing prevents necrophilia from that except a thing which he doesn't want to 'fess up to. Good day.
Re: Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? by UyiIredia(m): 1:01pm On Aug 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

What case for necrophilia?

Necrophilia is wrong because of consent. Dead men can not give consent. Same thing with bestiality- animals can not give consent.

No worry. Dead body be wood wey no fit give consent. No shakes. How you see inc€st and pedophilia ? No come dey para because if pesin do that one on top queers u no send. The koko be say: two people fit give gree to inc€st or pedophilia ? Yes or no is okay.
Re: Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? by UyiIredia(m): 1:27pm On Aug 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

Dumbazz,

Morality is simply defined as what people deem to be good or bad.

Laws are official statements on what is deemed to be good or bad or acceptable in a society. Infact, law is an official statement on morality of a society.

Law is a small part of morality.

That is the point I was clearly making.

But you are too anti-logicboy to even notice

Kayi ! (mr whargarbl ©) What a marvellous bait-and-switch. Almost fell for the hook to. That was not your point. You said "Anything legal is also moral angry" That is DIFFERENT from the point you made now which defines law and morality (correct definitions BTW). Your point on anything legal is moral is what you must justify. Going by that logic Jim Crow, the laws in the Pentateuch and the 'anti-gay marriage law' and 'polygamy law' in the Nigerian constitution are moral.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? by DeepSight(m): 8:50pm On Aug 04, 2013
Uyi Iredia: ^^^Liked. I do respect Dawkins and Dillahaunty,
one for his boldness one for articulate (though I'm no longer as impressed). I had this idea since
arguments they make. 3 years after, I can CONFIDENTLY state that atheists, at least can be
her version) expecting that his consent as enshrined in the WILL would be executed. Nothing prevents necrophilia from that except a thing which he doesn't want to 'fess up to. Good day.

End of!
Re: Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 05, 2013
Deep Sight:
Sometimes I wonder why the emptiness of this fellow's head still surprises me.

The example of a will is open and shut- a living person making a decision on what is to be done with his private property when he dies. And this fellow counters that with the puerile and assinine shout about presidential palaces. I think he needs to be urgently hospitalized.

People donate theit organs through wills for medical research. What is Illegal or immoral about willing your dead body to be used for medical or psycological research on necrophilia.

Then he talks about capacity to withdraw consent. Yourr body is your property and it is as ridiculous to speak of your house withdrawing consent as it is to speak of your dead body doing so or lacking the capacity to do so. In fact the mofo does not realize that this comment of his betrays a belief in the afterlife.

Sir, just like Davidylan you went into a profession for money and not due to intellectual capacity or passion.

You call yourself a lawyer and you believe that a will can override other laws? A will cant override consent.

Consent applies to sex and not donating your body organs to charity/hospitals. The laws surround se.x/sodomy are quite specific and different.

Take the bold

You know better than Uyi Iredia who has proven to be an ignorant tool.

Deep Sight:

See how silly you have become?

I said that a dead man cant give consent. However, you then go to interpret as me saying that a dead man is in the afterlife and talking about a house withdrawing consent?

"A dead man cant withdraw consent"
^^
How the hell does the above quote in bold depict a belief in the afterlife? Foolish tool
Re: Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 05, 2013
Deep Sight:

And why should a dead man want to or have to withdraw consent WHEN AS YOU CLAIM HE DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE AND THE BODY IS AS DEAD AS A ROCK? ? ?

Only the living make decisions according to you, no? Decisions are only relevant for th living, no? So it only counts when a living man makes a decision. You cannot claim that the dead dont exist and then cry about their lack of capacity to give or withdraw consent and then use that in an argument about the rights of the non existent dead!

You are so d.umb, you do not even realize that your argument betrays a belief in the afterlife.

Did I say that the dead man should or want to withdraw consent? See the Anonyism and semantics?

I clearly said that a dead man can not withdraw consent during the act of necrophiliac se.x unlike a living person can during s.ex. That shows that a dead man cant be judged to be able to give consent.

Withdrawing consent is not about the reason behind the withdrawal. All that matters is the ability to withdraw.

Simple and short.

How you arrive at saying that it shows a belief in the afterlife confuses me.

You are the silly one here
Re: Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 05, 2013
Uyi Iredia: ^^^Liked. I do respect Dawkins and Dillahaunty,

You are foolish.

No need to argue with the nonsense you have written up there
Re: Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 05, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Kayi ! (mr whargarbl ©) What a marvellous bait-and-switch. Almost fell for the hook to. That was not your point. You said "Anything legal is also moral angry" That is DIFFERENT from the point you made now which defines law and morality (correct definitions BTW). Your point on anything legal is moral is what you must justify. Going by that logic Jim Crow, the laws in the Pentateuch and the 'anti-gay marriage law' and 'polygamy law' in the Nigerian constitution are moral.

The point I was making s that anything legal is a moral issue. The laws of the land reflect what the leaders of the society feel to be right.

You can talk nonsense all you like but that doesnt change the facts
Re: Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? by mkmyers45(m): 10:33am On Aug 05, 2013
For the love of mike!! seriously are you that hung on making a joke out of everything?
Re: Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? by DeepSight(m): 4:09pm On Aug 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

The point I was making s that anything legal is a moral issue. The laws of the land reflect what the leaders of the society feel to be right.

You can talk nonsense all you like but that doesnt change the facts

Olodo.
Re: Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? by UyiIredia(m): 1:26am On Aug 10, 2013
@ logicboy

Point 1: Dead men can't and don't give consent.

Point 2: Living people give consent with wills on what should
be done to their dead bodies.

Point 3: A living person can use a will (assuming no laws precluding
necrophilia) to allow necrophilia to be performed on one's
body.

Put bias and emotion aside for a moments. Do you agree that the 3 points above are correct ?
Re: Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? by UyiIredia(m): 1:27am On Aug 10, 2013
Lol. DeepSight turns striktlymi on logicboy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? / My Time To Judge The World Is Near - Olumba Olumba Obu / Why God Didn't Help Leah Sharibu!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.