Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,292 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) (7400 Views)

Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix / Behold Nigeria’s silver spoons in the North! / Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) by FSU: 3:14pm On Oct 11, 2007
Behold Nigeria’s silver spoons in the North! (Part 1)

Tunde Mark

Tunde Mark is the first son of Senate President, David Mark. He was named after his father’s long-standing friend, Senator Tunde Ogbeha. He is in his 30s. Tee Mark, as he is fondly called, currently oversees his father’s business interests. Though very much on the reserved side, he is one of the most talked about silver spoon kids in Abuja.

These are two of the eldest sons of Kogi State Governor, Alhaji Ibrahim Idris. Abubakar, who is the older of the two, is based in Lokoja, the state capital. He is also into the same field of business his father was known for before he became governor, which is mining. Muhammad, on his part, is the managing director of Ibro Hotel, Abuja, one of his dad’s well-known investments. Under Muhammad, Ibro Hotel has become one of the places guests are sure of comfort and safety. Both brothers, however, share one thing in common – they are split images of their father.

Aminu Atiku Abubakar

When Aminu Atiku Abubakar, son of the immediate past Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, wedded Rakeeya in Yola and Abuja recently, it was a carnival-like event. Aminu is the younger version of his father, walks and talks like him. But time will tell if his pretty wife would have juniors, that is, children that would have striking resemblance of their dad. Always in the background, this doesn’t diminish his influence among his peers. Amniu is mostly based in the Federal Capital Territory, where he does his business and administers some of his dad’s companies. He is said to have passion for automobiles.

Musa Mantu

The ladies can’t get enough of him. The handsome son of Senator Ibrahim Mantu is undoubtedly the most well-known of the former number two man in the Senate. Musa is often mistaken for a Nollywood actor, courtesy of his dressing and carriage. He is hardly seen in northern attires, instead he prefers urbane outlook.

Gagarin Madaki

He is the only son of the late Col. Yohanna Madaki (rtd). Despite being born with the proverbial silver spoon, Gagarin has carved a niche for himself as a top businessman. He and his highly revered father had a close bond before his demise. The younger Madaki shuttles between Kaduna and Abuja, quietly going about his business. He is a guy with exquisite taste, though.

Laolu Saraki

He is the younger of the Saraki sons. Though still not officially into politics, Laolu, according to insiders, was part of the team that toured the country with President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua. This might have led to talks, though largely unconfirmed, that Laolu maybe taking a plunge into politics like his elder siblings, Senator Gbemi Saraki and Dr. Bukola Saraki, governor of Kwara State. Still single, his choice of a life partner has been that of endless speculation. However, whoever he picks as wife will surely be the envy of many women, as he is known for pampering his women.

Sherrif Shagaya

Sherrif Shagaya is the son of Hajia Bola Shagaya, believed to be one of the richest businesswomen in Nigeria. With investment in real estate, banking and photography, not a few observers expressed surprise when Sherrif alongside Aminu Babangida set up a petroleum marketing company. One of Shagaya’s sons (not Sherrif) was once said to have told a friend that to see a true five star hotel one would have to travel out of the country. This, in a nutshell, shows the level of sophistication of the Shagayas. They certainly are no local champions.

Adegbe Ogbe

This guy, who co-owns communications outfit, One Number, has been described as the most stylish in the capital city. A lawyer by training, his choice of suits fit his macho frame.

The Madaki Alis

Chief Garba Madaki-Ali, former minister of Works and Housing under the Obasanjo administration, has the following kids, namely: Sese, Lilly and Junior, who are a rallying point among northern silver spoon kids. Though from Kaduna State, they have an urbane outlook, having schooled in Ivy League, American universities. Lilly got wedded in a classy ceremony to another silver spoon like herself, Major Abayomi, whose dad owns GODAB, one of the leading construction firms in Abuja. The Madaki-Ali girls are trendy, well-spoken, and also known to be down-to-earth.

Fatima Hassan (nee Kingibe)

Fatima Hassan is the pretty daughter of the Secretary to the Federal Government, Ambassador Baba Gana Kingibe. Fatima got remarried to Hon. Shehu Hassan after being a single mother for sometime. A former staff of the Bureau for Public Enterprises, Fatima has taken time to raise her family.

Murtala Yar’Adua

The scion of the Yar’Adua family, Murtala is the son of the late Shehu Musa Yar’Adua. A member of the board of Bank PHB, the president’s nephew has business interest in different sectors of the economy.

The Abachas

The late head of state was blessed with a large family. The Abacha children are mostly grown ups. They have impeccable taste for jewellery, cars and designer wears. The most popular of the former head of state’s children include Muhammad, Zainab, Gumsu, Rekiya, and Mahmood. Though they sometimes visit Abuja, Kano is the base of the Abachas. There, they live with their mother, Mariam.

Ahmed Maitama Sule

Ahmed Maitama Sule is the debonair son of celebrated elder statesman, Ambassador Maitama Sule. He is a chip off the old block. Though not a diplomat like his father, Ahmed is well-read and an orator like his father.

Taju Dantata

Taju Dantata runs one of the many companies in the vast Dantata dynasty. He is said to be a shrewd businessman.

Tabitha Kwajafa

Kwajafa and Nuhu, her brother, are the children of former boss of National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Fulani Kwajafa. Nuhu has busied himself for over a year now with feeding the less privileged in the society. Tabitha, on her part, runs Amen 2, a stylish boutique for the wealthy. The quality of items at Amen 2 is never in doubt. No wonder the store has remained on top for many years in the capital city.

Muhammad Audu

He is the son of former Kogi State Governor, Prince Abubakar Audu. Muhammad is the brain behind the luxury Mediterranean Hotel in Asokoro. He was once married. Most people who do not understand Muhammad say he works with a chip on his shoulders. However, close friends are quick to point out that he is a nice guy, who likes to take his time in making friends.

Joshua Gana

The eldest son of Professor Jerry Gana, Joey, as his friends fondly call him, is a graduate of the University of Abuja and one of the prominent northern silver spoon kids. The younger Gana’s company won one of the four licences given by the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) for power distribution. A staunch Christian like his dad, he is humble, with a charming personality.

Anwal Tukur

The one-time member of the House of Representatives, Anwal Turkur, is the son of the chairman of African Business Roundtable. The younger Tukur, like his highly accomplished father, is a businessman. Blessed with good looks, Anwal lost out in the power play in the aviation sector, where he was appointed director general of one of the parastatals and later dropped. He is still very much into politics. Time will tell if he would again run for elective office.

George Shekarau

George is the oldest son of the late deputy governor of Kaduna State, Stephen Shekarau. He is highly rated in Kaduna, as he is one of the guys who make Kaduna tick.

The Babangidas

Probably the most well-known of the silver spoons in the country, Aisha, Muhammad, Aminu are full-fledged celebrities. Muhammad’s and Aisha’s weddings, despite taking place years back, is still the talk of the town. Muhammad is better known for his excellent polo skills, and is believed to be a +4 handicap player. For Aminu, he runs Abuja-based Phoenix Oil with Sheriff, Bola Shagaya’s son.

Mabruka Mai Deribe

She is the daughter of the stupendously rich Mai Deribe. A fashion designer for the upper class, her cute body has won her many admirers. She is still single and in a recent interview she said her ideal man must possess her late billionaire father’s qualities.

Abacha Mai Deribe

Another of the late Mai Deribe’s kids, Abacha is cerebral and has chosen to lecture at the University of Maiduguri after obtaining his PhD. His love for sharing, Daily Independent was told, lured him into the Ivory Tower.

Jubril Indimi

Jubril Indimi is the heir to his father’s fortune estimated at billions of naira. His younger sister is married to Muhammad Babangida. The Borno-born silver spoon is blessed with a handsome face many ladies would like to have for keeps.

The Abdusalami Abubakars

Though very much on the quiet side, former Head of State, Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar’s children are known for their brilliant and self-effacing nature. They have few friends and are not too much into partying. This, however, doesn’t mean they are not in the league of celebrated silver spoon kids.
Re: Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) by McKren(m): 4:01pm On Oct 11, 2007
I wish them luck
Re: Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) by FSU: 4:22pm On Oct 11, 2007
Indeed. I wanted to say that after the main post.
Re: Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) by Mamajama(m): 4:33pm On Oct 11, 2007
Most of this boys are rich but stupid and dumber than a 2 grader,

BIGB1 is a perfect example that stolen wealth does not make one child smart.

You have to associate with this boys to truly see how ignorant most of them are
Re: Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) by FSU: 4:35pm On Oct 11, 2007
lol; as in, laugh out loud (as against lots of love)
Re: Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) by jaybee3(m): 4:47pm On Oct 11, 2007
beefing aside (which i surely do have for them as they are celebrated after lavishing the wealth of common citizens of naija), haven't heard anything about the humanitarian works of the co called rich kids.
God help them
Re: Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) by IykeD1(m): 6:11pm On Oct 11, 2007

Aminu Atiku Abubakar

When Aminu Atiku Abubakar, son of the immediate past Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, wedded Rakeeya in Yola and Abuja recently, it was a carnival-like event. Aminu is the younger version of his father, walks and talks like him. But time will tell if his pretty wife would have juniors, that is, children that would have striking resemblance of their dad. Always in the background, this doesn’t diminish his influence among his peers. Amniu is mostly based in the Federal Capital Territory, where he does his business and administers some of his dad’s companies. He is said to have passion for automobiles.

Hen hen hen. . . which roads do they use these fine automobiles on? smiley
Re: Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) by BlackMamba(m): 8:21pm On Oct 11, 2007
If you steal public funds to become mega rich and produce silverspoons in the midst of poverty, you better emigrate from Naija. If you decide to stay and act rich for the suffering masses, no amount of security will protect you from desperate, angry and frustrated youths. Sooner or later you or your loved ones will pay a prize for the selfish misappropriation of public funds. Robbery and killings will continue to rise and the so called "Nigeria Silverspoons" and their family cannot escape from the wrath even if they seclude themselves in Kirikiri-like compounds.
Re: Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) by mrpataki(m): 8:30pm On Oct 11, 2007
BlackMamba:

Robbery and killings will continue to rise and the so called "Nigeria Silverspoons" and their family cannot escape from the wrath even if they seclude themselves in Kirikiri-like compounds.

Was just going to comment that whats the point in building houses here and there, similar to prisons and yet you delude yourself to the fact that you are rich and called a Silver spoon undecided

Nigeria is well known for metal usage not for construction but for silly burglar proof.

Wealth without peace of mind is useless.
Re: Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) by almondjoy(f): 11:50pm On Oct 11, 2007
Another tribalistic thread! No thanks! angry
Re: Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 11, 2007
This topic would be more apt if it read - Behold Nigeria's public treasure in the North!

this are not children of parents who built their wealth on the backs of hardwork, one thing is common among them all, they are offspring of those who have had the opportunity to dip their fat fingers in Nigeria's pot of oil.
Re: Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) by ikamefa(f): 12:05am On Oct 12, 2007
why only the northern spoilt brats undecided

k i n d a sounds tribalistic to me why not mention those from the west and the east too?

God save Nigeria from all these generational leaches and parasites grin
Re: Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) by almondjoy(f): 12:11am On Oct 12, 2007
ikamefa:

why only the northern spoilt brats undecided

k i n d a sounds tribalistic to me why not mention those from the west and the east too?

God save Nigeria from all these generational leaches and parasites grin

That's ma gurl! Please help me ask them! This FSU-aka dimcod/Xris77/docokwy/Xtycod!!!!! Tribalistic mogul! The OBJs and The Igbinedions and the Ubas are left out as you can see! wink
Re: Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) by FSU: 7:15am On Oct 12, 2007
Ever heard of part one and part two ?

The coming part two is for spoilt southerners like Almondjoy grin

Almodjoy, you will eventually roast in your idiocy.
Re: Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) by Jakumo(m): 9:28am On Oct 12, 2007
BlackMamba:

If you steal public funds to become mega rich and produce silverspoons in the midst of poverty, you better emigrate from Naija. If you decide to stay and act rich for the suffering masses, no amount of security will protect you from desperate, angry and frustrated youths. Sooner or later you or your loved ones will pay a prize for the selfish misappropriation of public funds. Robbery and killings will continue to rise and the so called "Nigeria Silverspoons" and their family cannot escape from the wrath even if they seclude themselves in Kirikiri-like compounds.

Truer words were never spoken about the ultimate fate of posers from Nigeria's crookedly wealthy class who choose to flaunt their toys in front of those who never saw a flea-bite of benefit from the treasury that funded the ostentation.

A small minority of "alert, alive and laundered" dollar-millionaire members of Nigeria's looting class will already have quietly slipped away with their share, emigrating to the West and assimilating themselves and their families into lives of leafy suburban affluence, while raising subsequent generations of the family who may never set foot in Nigeria, and who are brought up to accept that the wealth into which they were born was legitimately earned.
Re: Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) by desgiezd(m): 9:42am On Oct 12, 2007
I see no reason why we should glorify people majority of whom were raised with stolen commonwealth. For those few whose parents made their money legitimately, no problems at all.
Re: Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) by BlackMamba(m): 2:05pm On Oct 12, 2007
Even the cowards that seek refuge in foreign countries after they've stolen public funds quickly realize that they're are just another Negro, may be well dressed. The lure to flaunt their ill gotten wealth in Naija is hard for them to resist. Again, nature creating the perfect condition for deprived citizens to exert their revenge the best way they can. BTW, this criminal enterprise of elites and silverspoons is not restricted to the North.
Re: Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) by ogalanya(m): 9:55am On Oct 13, 2007
This thread is not newsworthy at all, is it a sort of biography or what? now i believe dis FSU is a bloody praise singer, a boot licker. Maybe he is using dis thread 2 seek relevance 4rm dis boyz.

FSU, why didnt u include your father & brothers name, because they embezzled d money meant 4 salt during the biafran war? OK, sorry u said the part 2 is coming out, so almondjoy, WATCH OUT FOR PART 2
Re: Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) by otokx(m): 12:52pm On Oct 13, 2007
The tory never full na; bros try include their email addresses, websites and contact phone numbers at least then we fit to hail you.
Re: Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) by Pain(m): 4:28pm On Oct 13, 2007
F*ck Sh*t. How does this benefit me.

Celebration of Corruption? Celebrities of Craze. And hey, dont misuse the word "brilliant". Even a baboon would do better considering their pedigrees. tongue
Re: Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) by ogalanya(m): 5:20pm On Oct 13, 2007
i weak o
Re: Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 13, 2007
Pain:

F*ck Sh*t. How does this benefit me.

Celebration of Corruption? Celebrities of Craze. And hey, don't misuse the word "brilliant". Even a baboon would do better considering their pedigrees. tongue

Word!
Re: Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) by almondjoy(f): 9:25pm On Oct 13, 2007
FSU:

Ever heard of part one and part two ?

The coming part two is for spoilt southerners like Almondjoy grin

Almondjoy, you will eventually roast in your idiocy.

I love you too! kiss  I am happy you know that I am "spoilt"---I gat ma own silver spoon too--Not a blundering life long "sufferhead" like you.  I can't wait for "Part 2" grin.  I seem to get on your last nerve, when all I do is show you love?---I wonder why? tongue

ogalanya:

This thread is not newsworthy at all, is it a sort of biography or what? now i believe this FSU is a bloody praise singer, a boot licker. Maybe he is using this thread 2 seek relevance from this boyz.

FSU, why didnt u include your father & brothers name, because they embezzled d money meant 4 salt during the biafran war? OK, sorry u said the part 2 is coming out, so almondjoy, WATCH OUT FOR PART 2

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy I am so sooooooooooo waiting.  I cannot wait for ma parents to be listed as the loot mongerers from the south.

Hint!  Hint!-  my monthly allocation just posted to my account from Nigeria-- cool
Re: Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) by iykrion(m): 1:45pm On Oct 14, 2007
davidylan:

This topic would be more apt if it read - Behold Nigeria's public treasure in the North!

this are not children of parents who built their wealth on the backs of hardwork, one thing is common among them all, they are offspring of those who have had the opportunity to dip their fat fingers in Nigeria's pot of oil.

Oho! That's what we suffer here in Naija - glorification of wealth acquired through foul means. I wonder how people think!
Re: Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) by McKren(m): 2:23pm On Oct 14, 2007
I dont think anybody should be demonised because their father is IBB or Abacha

What is more important is whether the sons have realised the mistakes of their fathers.
Re: Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) by McKren(m): 2:16pm On Oct 15, 2007
More reasons why people should not be assesed on who their father is?

Ribadu Vs Aondoakaa (the present cross-roads of Nigerian politics)

Ribadu: His father was Nigeria's defence minister in the first republic, in essence he was born with the silver spoon but the man Mallam Nuhu Ribadu has built an unblemished career in the Police rising to his current post as EFCC boss. He is currently putting his life on the line to make sure our tomorrow is better than our today (regardless of any sentiments anyone will have).

Aondoakaa on the otherhand was never known, not a lot of people outside Benue State knew such a surname with weired mixture of vowells existed. A fact which accounts to why so many people had difficulties pronouncing his name innitially, Newspapers even had difficulties spelling it.
The man Micheal Aondoakaa at the Senate screening spoke about his humble upbringing and how he could hardly afford 3 square meals as an undergraduate student at University of Maidugiri. But today as "Chief Law Officer" (as he loves to refer himself) he has done more protecting the very stucture and system that dehumanised his early life. Not even considering that loads of people are going through what he went through as a kid.

So its not about who your father was but who you are and what values you subscribe to.
Re: Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) by FSU: 2:32pm On Oct 15, 2007
Thanks, McKren for contrasting between ''my father and I'', using Ribadu and Aondoakaa as case study. I have a reason for posting this stuff up here. I am fully aware that there exists similar mediocre and undeserving so-called silver spoons in all nooks and cranny of the south. I take up these things one at a time.
Re: Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) by almondjoy(f): 4:12pm On Oct 15, 2007
Another thread worth killing!  This one is a brain killer.  DOA thread!  Please to the bottom of the page please! angry What is going on in this political section for Jerry's sake? Nothing good to report? FSU please take a break!
Re: Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) by ogalanya(m): 4:39pm On Oct 15, 2007
I also declare this thread dead
Re: Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) by thameamead(f): 12:38pm On Sep 11, 2009
hmmmmm, they should do more for the poor and not spend, spend, spend, i wish i had more than enough to help my family and the less priviledged
Re: Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) by ezeagu(m): 12:44pm On Sep 11, 2009
What is it with Nairaland and posting 5 page life stories?  grin
Re: Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 11, 2009
Tabitha Kwajafa

Kwajafa and Nuhu, her brother, are the children of former boss of National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Fulani Kwajafa. Nuhu has busied himself for over a year now with feeding the less privileged in the society. Tabitha, on her part, runs Amen 2, a stylish boutique for the wealthy. The quality of items at Amen 2 is never in doubt. No wonder the store has remained on top for many years in the capital city.

jay bee:

beefing aside (which i surely do have for them as they are celebrated after lavishing the wealth of common citizens of naija), haven't heard anything about the humanitarian works of the co called rich kids.
God help them

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. / Enugu Vs Fulani:hausa/fulani Have All Fled Uzo Uwani As Youths Explodes / Breaking: Fulani Men Who Kidnapped Methodist Bishop In Abia Arrested Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.