Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial (7436 Views)

Buhari To Ojukwu’s Mother In A 1984 Cartoon / Never Seen Pictures Of Ojukwu's Burial / Ta Orji Disgraced At Aba During Ojukwu Burial Rites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial by 9jaIhail(m): 8:20am On Mar 01, 2012
Representatives of countries that recognised Biafra during the Nigeria Civil War – Gabon, Haiti, Ivory Coast, Tanzania, and Zambia – arrived Enugu on Wednesday for Thursday’s (today) funeral activities and Friday’s interment programme for the late Ikemba Nnewi, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu.

Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State on Wednesday also made a cash donation to Biafra war veterans at a Requiem Mass organised for the repose of the soul of late Ikemba Nnewi in Enugu.

Obi did not disclose the amount of money for security reasons, but assured the ex-Biafran soldiers that each of them would go home with a huge sum of money.

At the Requiem Mass held at the Holy Ghost Catholic Cathedral, Rev. Obiora Ike also announced Obi’s donation of vests and caps with Ojukwu’s insignia and picture to the war veterans.

The governor’s donation followed a rendition of gospel hymns and Biafra war songs by the veterans, a development that drew ovation from the congregation and other members of the public who had besieged the premises to see the casket bearing Ojukwu’s remains.

In his sermon, the Administrator of Holy Ghost Catholic Cathedral, Rev. John Nwafor, anchored on the need for unity in diversity, saying, “Unless Nigeria embraced true federalism with a weak centre, which Ojukwu proposed many years ago, the country would know no peace.”

Nwafor said although he wanted Nigeria to remain one, there was need for everybody to come together and dialogue.

Meanwhile, the Anambra State Government raided the streets of Awka and Nnewi to clear them of beggars, lunatics and the homeless ahead of the burial.

More than a thousand destitutes had been taken out of the streets as at Wednesday and dumped at a rehabilitation centre at Nteje, Oyi Local Government Area.

Some of the beggars, however, escaped, abandoning their begging bowls as the security agents and government officials approached their bases.

The Commissioner for Women Affairs and Social Development, Dr. Ego Uzoezie, who supervised the operation, said the raid was in accordance with the wish of Ojukwu while alive.

She said those evacuated would be taken to the state government rehabilitation centre at Nteje for rehabilitation and later on, reunited with their families.

She also said those in stable condition would be sent to the 21 skill acquisition centres in the state for training.

Uzoezie said the raid would extend to other cities after the burial of Ojukwu. Nnewi and Awka are two cities where Ojukwu’s remains will be taken during the burial ceremonies.

She said, “The late Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, did not believe in Ndigbo begging for anything and his wish was that no beggar would litter the streets of the capital city and environs on the day of his motorcade to Nnewi for his state burial in Awka.

“He believed in hard work and had encouraged our people to work hard. Hence, we are striving to ensure his wish is carried out.”

The commissioner said apart from clearing the streets of beggars for the burial of Ojukwu, the state would use the opportunity to know the number of beggars in the state that are actually indigenes and those who are non-indigenes.

The Deputy Director on Social Welfare and enforcement officer, Mrs. Rose Udeagbala said the raid was an annual event to clear the state of beggars, but the current raid was special because it was in keeping with the request of late Ojukwu that Igbo, especially Anambra people, should not be seen begging along the streets.

http://www.punchng.com/news/pro-biafran-countries-send-reps-to-burial/
Re: Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial by newslive(f): 9:40am On Mar 01, 2012
nice 1. R.I.P Ojukwu

Re: Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial by cogbuagu: 9:45am On Mar 01, 2012
grin

I can't wait to see how our Dad's casket will be covered with Biafra Flag. And all those NONSENSE green white green rag removed. grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 01, 2012
See the rag-tag countries sef. . . . .No wonder Red scorpion pounded you guys like pounded yam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial by Koikoi(m): 10:02am On Mar 01, 2012
Ikemba must reincarnate. Nigeria needs the young Ojukwu again
Re: Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial by Okijajuju1(m): 10:28am On Mar 01, 2012
Re: Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial by chuqudy(m): 10:31am On Mar 01, 2012
cogbuagu:

grin

I can't wait to see how our Dad's casket will be covered with Biafra Flag. And all those NONSENSE green white green rag removed. grin grin grin grin grin

Seconded
Re: Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial by Niseamaka(m): 10:40am On Mar 01, 2012
~Bluetooth:

See the rag-tag countries sef. . . . .No wonder Red scorpion pounded you guys like pounded yam.

CEO,HATERS INCORPORATED.
Re: Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial by ifysimple(f): 10:59am On Mar 01, 2012
Waw, Ikemba, may your soul and the souls of all the faithful departed rest in the bosom of the Lord. Amen. We love you Eze Igbo nile!
Re: Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial by crackhouse(m): 11:04am On Mar 01, 2012
R.I.P Dim, ur dream must be achieved. We promise u that.
Re: Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial by Beync(f): 11:32am On Mar 01, 2012
@bluetooth get a life
Re: Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial by cantell(m): 11:35am On Mar 01, 2012
Beync:

@bluetooth get a life
As if that would change anything.
Re: Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial by SkySpirit(m): 11:46am On Mar 01, 2012
Its really good to see Nigeria giving Ojukwu full military burial rites as a General!!!
Re: Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial by babyboy3(m): 12:04pm On Mar 01, 2012
Its really good to see Nigeria giving Ojukwu full military burial rites as a General!!!

Was he a GENERAL?
Re: Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial by Desola(f): 12:12pm On Mar 01, 2012
At the end of the day, Nigeria got his head. I like that his coffin was indeed wrapped by the Nigerian flag to say hahahah, we had the last laugh. Bloody murderforker, rest in pieces!!!

We have agbari ojukwu in the sw. We use it for jollof rice. Muhehehehe,

2 Likes

Re: Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial by Eziachi: 12:26pm On Mar 01, 2012
baby-boy:

Was he a GENERAL?
Good question and what was your answer?
In my reckoning, by Nigeria standard, an oxford graduate with a billionaire father should be a field marshall. If you in your greatest wisdom you consider and address Crying Oladipo Diya a General, then Ikemba is more than a field marshall.
Re: Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial by Eziachi: 12:34pm On Mar 01, 2012
Desola:

At the end of the day, Nigeria got his head. I like that his coffin was indeed wrapped by the Nigerian flag to say hahahah, we had the last laugh. Bloody murderforker, rest in pieces!!!

We have agbari ojukwu in the sw. We use it for jollof rice. Muhehehehe,
To the extent that you are jealous of a dead person whose only crime to you is that he came from a different ethnic tribe from you, mean your problem need God's direct intervention and in the next breath you call yourself a Nigerian.
What does being a Nigeria means to you? Me, my tribe, for my tribe and my village but their oil money and their sweat.
If he was draped in in Biafran flag you will find it an issue, he was drape in th cursed Nigerian FLAG, its causing a nightmare to be thinking of turning a carnibal of his head.
Turning a carnibal just to satisfy your orgie of hate?
You need more than human help.

1 Like

Re: Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial by Eziachi: 12:42pm On Mar 01, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Its great to know your update on what constitute a respectable country and that coming from  Nigerian.
The last I checked, one of those RAG-TAG countries (Zambia) happens to be the football's African champions and the nation they defeated to be crown the king of African football (Ivory Coast) was also among your ragtag nation in a competition your great country Nigeria did not even manage to qualify.
Hate and ethnic bigottry has turned many you into psycho bananas.

1 Like

Re: Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial by LloydAchi(m): 12:59pm On Mar 01, 2012
Can we all just drop this hate talk for once. Outside Nigeria, we see ourselves as brothers and friends but inside Nigeria we are at daggers drawn. Please lets pay the dead his last respect. R.I.P Ojukwu. He has done his bit and moved on. Lets move on with our lives without all this hate which is a whirlwind that will not blow us any good. My one cent.
Re: Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial by Proxytalk: 1:01pm On Mar 01, 2012
RIP eze igbo gburugburu!
Ojukwu's death is going to open another chapter for a greater emancipation of igbo natino politically and economically, igbo nation and blood cannot be caged.
Re: Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 01, 2012
History has not always failed to repeat itself. The Jews urged Pilate to release Barrabas, the rogue for them and killed Jesus, the innocent man in his stead. Today, everywhere, Jesus is venerated as the Saviour of the world. When Patrice Lumumba sought the unification of Congo, Tshombe connived with the Belgian government and killed. Today, Lumumba is a national hero and martyr in Congo. Can we forget Kwame Nkrumah, the Ghanaian leader who was driven out by his people to die in exile because he wanted to reform Ghana. Today, Ghana observes a public holiday in honour of Nkrumah. What of our dear Ikemba, he told the Nigerian government the truth and they labelled him a rebel and sought to killl him. He survived and today, he is being full military honours in death and history has become kind to him. Most often, heroes are not recognized in their life time.
Re: Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 01, 2012
History has not always failed to repeat itself. The Jews urged Pilate to release Barrabas, the rogue for them and killed Jesus, the innocent man in his stead. Today, everywhere, Jesus is venerated as the Saviour of the world. When Patrice Lumumba sought the unification of Congo, Tshombe connived with the Belgian government and killed. Today, Lumumba is a national hero and martyr in Congo. Can we forget Kwame Nkrumah, the Ghanaian leader who was driven out by his people to die in exile because he wanted to reform Ghana. Today, Ghana observes a public holiday in honour of Nkrumah. What of our dear Ikemba, he told the Nigerian government the truth and they labelled him a rebel and sought to killl him. He survived and today, he is being full military honours in death and history has become kind to him. Most often, heroes are not recognized in their life time.
Re: Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial by noiseless: 2:25pm On Mar 01, 2012
[/b]Wow! this bunch of attention seeking fake country,see as they rushed and are showing off with the great man,comfused dot com dot NIGGA+AREA. mek un do quick lef we man,so we can give him the burrial which deserves[b].
Re: Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial by ak47mann(m): 2:35pm On Mar 01, 2012
noiseless:

[/b]Wow! this bunch of attention seeking fake country,see as they rushed and are showing off with the great man,comfused dot com dot NIGGA+AREA. mek un do quick lef we man,so we can give him the burrial which deserves[b].
grin grin
newslive:

cogbuagu link=topic=883414.msg10305204#msg10305204 date=1330591551:

grin

cool cool true talk son cool
Re: Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial by ak47mann(m): 2:38pm On Mar 01, 2012
Sam obo!!! you said it all cool cool
Re: Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial by namdo(m): 5:32pm On Mar 01, 2012
adiu ikemba , indeed you did your part. RIPP. lipsrsealed
Re: Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial by Dede1(m): 5:54pm On Mar 01, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Blacktooth the olodo
Dimwitted Col Benjamin Adekunle is not a caliber of seasoned soldier to be mentioned in a sentence with commanders such Shuwa or even Mohammad. All the fighting was done by the brigade commanders while he ran his big putrid mouth. When naval ship could not support his big and empty mouth, his deficiency as a commander shone like northern star in the sky and he was disgracefully yanked as the GOC of 3MCDO and made a Apapa Wharf traffic officer.
I guess persons from a group of inherent cowardice would glorify a junk such Benjamin Adekunle.
Re: Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial by EzeUche(m): 5:55pm On Mar 01, 2012
God bless these countries. I hope to invest in every single country that recognized Biafra.
Re: Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 01, 2012
Eziachi:

Its great to know your update on what constitute a respectable country and that coming from  Nigerian.
The last I checked, one of those RAG-TAG countries (Zambia) happens to be the football's African champions and the nation they defeated to be crown the king of African football (Ivory Coast) was also among your ragtag nation in a competition your great country Nigeria did not even manage to qualify.
Hate and ethnic bigottry has turned many you into psycho bananas.

Biafara was recognized by countries of its class.some of which are either ravaged by poverty or natural disaster.who knows how biafara would have been today ? Btw,why didnt somalia,sudan and zimbabwe recognise you ?
Dede1:

Blacktooth the olodo
Dimwitted Col Benjamin Adekunle is not a caliber of seasoned soldier to be mentioned in a sentence with commanders such Shuwa or even Mohammad. All the fighting was done by the brigade commanders while he ran his big putrid mouth. When naval ship could not support his big and empty mouth, his deficiency as a commander shone like northern star in the sky and he was disgracefully yanked as the GOC of 3MCDO and made a Apapa Wharf traffic officer.
I guess persons from a group of inherent cowardice would glorify a junk such Benjamin Adekunle.

Are you serious old man ? Adekunle is incompetent yet he ordered his soldiers to kill anything killable and that was effectively done ? Why not tell me why your warlord with all his foreign expertise couldnt win the war ?
Re: Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial by yarodin: 6:46pm On Mar 01, 2012
Is Adekunle even alive? I mean apart from NR is the man still relevant even in palm wine joints?
Re: Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial by Chyz2: 6:52pm On Mar 01, 2012
EzeUche:

God bless these countries. I hope to invest in every single country that recognized Biafra.

cool
Re: Pro-biafran Countries Send Reps To Ojukwu Burial by Onlytruth(m): 6:53pm On Mar 01, 2012
Great! The Ikemba is the most celebrated African today.  cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip / Okada-Riders’ Protest New Lagos Traffic-Law / Adeosun Wants CBN To Extend BVN To Micro Finance Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.