Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,161 members, 7,811,354 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Massob Alleges Killing, Arrest Of Members By Soldiers! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massob Alleges Killing, Arrest Of Members By Soldiers! (1039 Views)

Photos From Shiites Protest For Killing Of Members In Bauchi, Yobe, Kaduna / List Of Members Of The Presidential Transition Committee / Rivers APC Cries Out Over Killing , Arrest Of Members - Graphic Picture Warning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Massob Alleges Killing, Arrest Of Members By Soldiers! by BlackPikiN(m): 12:58am On Jan 24, 2012
Tension rose in Onitsha as three members of the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra were reportedly shot by some soldiers in Onitsha, the commercial hub of Anambra State on Sunday.

Our correspondent learnt that the soldiers who were on patrol also arrested 46 members of the movement who were meeting in another part of the city.

The soldiers were said to have first gone to the Crowther Primary School along Marine Road, Onitsha, where they stopped the meeting of the MASSOB members and allegedly arrested some of them.

At another meeting venue along Port Harcourt Road, the MASSOB member allegedly resisted arrest and in the argument that followed, the soldiers opened fire and three MASSOB members were killed.

The Anambra State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Emeka Chukwemeka, told our correspondent that he was yet to receive the report. He promised to call back once he got the briefing.

The Director of Information of MASSOB, Mr. Uchenna Madu, confirmed the arrests and alleged killings. But he said the soldiers took away the bodies of the deceased.

He said, “MASSOB condemns this cowardly and stupid act. This systematic clampdown, and unwarranted arrest of our members is provocative and is pushing us to the wall, which we may not tolerate.

“Boko Haram has taught us that nobody has monopoly of violence in Nigeria including the Army. MASSOB members and Ndigbo in general are in a painful mood because of the death of our leader, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu.

“Our non-violent nature should not be mistaken for cowardice.

“The atmosphere in the eastern region is very peaceful but the army is creating artificial tension. It’s an ill-wind that blows nobody any good.

“President Goodluck Jonathan and Governor Peter Obi should call the army to order now.”

“Onitsha is a hotbed of violence related to sectarian crises. Many northerners resident in the city have since relocated for fear of reprisals by aggrieved Igbo, whose relations have been killed by the notorious Boko Haram sect in the North.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/massob-alleges-killing-arrest-of-members-by-soldiers/
Re: Massob Alleges Killing, Arrest Of Members By Soldiers! by BlackPikiN(m): 12:59am On Jan 24, 2012
Army kills 3 MASSOB members in Onitsha, arrrests 46 others
• Tension in Onitsha as members plan for war
From EMMANUEL UZOR, Onitsha
Monday, January 23, 2012

Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section
Three members of the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) were allegedly killed yesterday in a clash with personnel of Nigerian Army. Addressing journalists yesterday, MASSOB Director for Information, Uchenna Madu, said the victims were shot dead by soldiers along Port Harcourt Road.

Madu disclosed that the soldiers swooped on his members whom, he said, were on their way to perfect plans for the burial of the late Chukwuemeka Ojukwu. He said about 46 members of the movement were also arrested by soldiers at Bishop Crowther Primary School, Onitsha while they were holding a meeting.

“MASSOB condemned this coward and stupid act, this systematic clampdown and unwarranted arrests of our members is provocative and pushing us to the wall which we will not tolerate.

“Boko Haram has taught us that nobody has monopoly of violence in Nigeria and we are telling the Nigerian Army that Ndigbo in general are still in mourning mood because of the death of Ojukwu.” He also expressed sadness that the army, instead of tackling the security challenges in the northern part of the country, deviated and deployed their might to strangulate Ndigbo through intimidations.

On the resolve of MASSOB, Madu said: “Nigerian Army should not mistake our non violence to cowardice. This will be the last the army will disturb MASSOB as such may not be overlooked because the atmosphere is very peaceful in the South-east but the army is creating artificial tension,” he said.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2012/jan/23/national-23-01-2012-012.html
Re: Massob Alleges Killing, Arrest Of Members By Soldiers! by NegroNtns(m): 1:33am On Jan 24, 2012
“Our non-violent nature should not be mistaken for cowardice.

hmmm. . . .this is a very familiar mantra! I think it came from West, did it not? Im surprised to see brave warrior tribes find value in its use.

Anyway, . . . here is the deal, the whole deal and nothing but the deal!! Nigeria is at war!! Let me repeat, Nigeria is at war!!! The tensions on ground are building up, when the steam can no longer be bottled uo anger will flare and violent from mulriple sections will silumtaneously lash out. Gej and his creek croonies are determined to effect the ijaw influence as the mainstream. This means MEND will be the grassroot voice of the militants and not MASSOB. The military is being used to implement that change. Since Gej became President, how many times has MEND beung killed or attacked by military, inspite of their wildness up and down the creek committing all sorts of atrocities and frauds? They were even defended by Gej for October 1st.

Wake the fvck upm Nigeria is at war. . . . do whatever is possible for your people to do and consolidate and preserve yourself. God is my witness, I'd hate for you to experience any more massacre on the scale of the civil war and right now you have no one to look out for you but yourselves. Start getting your people home. . . everyone is slowly heading back to his father's hpouse.
Re: Massob Alleges Killing, Arrest Of Members By Soldiers! by Onlytruth(m): 1:38am On Jan 24, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

hmmm. . . .this is a very familiar mantra! I think it came from West, did it not? Im surprised to see brave warrior tribes find value in its use.

Anyway, . . . here is the deal, the whole deal and nothing but the deal!! Nigeria is at war!! Let me repeat, Nigeria is at war!!! The tensions on ground are building up, when the steam can no longer be bottled uo anger will flare and violent from mulriple sections will silumtaneously lash out. Gej and his creek croonies are determined to effect the ijaw influence as the mainstream. This means MEND will be the grassroot voice of the militants and not MASSOB. The military is being used to implement that change. Since Gej became President, how many times has MEND beung killed or attacked by military, inspite of their wildness up and down the creek committing all sorts of atrocities and frauds? They were even defended by Gej for October 1st.

Wake the fvck upm Nigeria is at war. . . . do whatever is possible for your people to do and consolidate and preserve yourself. God is my witness, I'd hate for you to experience any more massacre on the scale of the civil war and right now you have no one to look out for you but yourselves. Start getting your people home. . . everyone is slowly heading back to his father's hpouse.

For the first time in about a month, I believe you are talking sense here. cool
Re: Massob Alleges Killing, Arrest Of Members By Soldiers! by NegroNtns(m): 2:09am On Jan 24, 2012
For the first time in about a month, I believe you are talking sense here

u rascal! i always talk sense but that pygmy Igbo nchara is in your ears. someone should kidnap his a s s!! angry
Re: Massob Alleges Killing, Arrest Of Members By Soldiers! by htajz: 2:17am On Jan 24, 2012
i said it earlier in dec that civil war have already started and people ignored me, i hate to say this but igbo people need to grow some balls am begining to think that all those stories about their escapades and strenght are just fairy tales , to much cry cry ,its time for massob to arm up if not for anything at least to start fighting iinternal war first against all sabos whithin cus when everywhere finally blows up such people wil be harder to deal with than outside enemies this also goes to every other group dont be caught with your pants down.
Re: Massob Alleges Killing, Arrest Of Members By Soldiers! by aljharem(m): 2:20am On Jan 24, 2012
htajz:

i said it earlier in dec that civil war have already started and people ignored me, [b]i hate to say this but igbo people need to grow some balls am begining to think that all those stories about their escapades [/b]and strenght are just fairy tales , to much cry cry ,its time for massob to arm up if not for anything at least to start fighting iinternal war first against all sabos whithin cus when everywhere finally blows up such people wil be harder to deal with than outside enemies this also goes to every other group dont be caught with your pants down.

Are you saying the igbos are the cowards now angry watch your mouth before amadioha fire it for you, onye ise amu
Re: Massob Alleges Killing, Arrest Of Members By Soldiers! by htajz: 2:41am On Jan 24, 2012
alj harem:

Are you saying the igbos are the cowards now angry watch your mouth before amadioha fire it for you, onye ise amu

mischeif is your middle name.
Re: Massob Alleges Killing, Arrest Of Members By Soldiers! by aljharem(m): 2:52am On Jan 24, 2012
htajz:

mischeif is your middle name.

but that is what you said indirectly undecided

@OP

My advice for una is to live and get use to it. why ?

because you people have not asked the basic question that thousands have been asking.

WHAT ARE SOLDIERS DOING ON THE STREETS OF KADUNA, KWARA, LAGOS, ANAMBRA when Boko haram members are still at large ?

Would it not be better to call the SSS or even Biafra intelligence to help investigate who these people are ?

Here is where I stand Alj haram cool

(1) (Reply)

President Jonathan Rejected AU Chairmanship Position / Ibo People - The Wrong Political Majority In Ss/se / How Come I Have Never Seen A Thread About The History Of Igbos On NL?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.