Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,302 members, 7,822,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Invalid Job Applications - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Invalid Job Applications (4083 Views)

Job Assistance After 1020 Applications / Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications / Do You Make This Simple Mistake In Your Job Applications? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Invalid Job Applications by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 24, 2012
Most applicants should know that 80% of applications received by most HR organizations are thrown out.
You wonder if these applicants even went to school.

Below is a sample of responses from applicants on a job site.

pls i have passion 4 banking wks. I have an OND in buz admin wit upper credit grade.25yrs of age   

I am *** from Ondo State. As an experienced financial parachuter, i like to team up with *** Bank in this open opportunity and discharge the workload values in me for the benefit of this bank only if in can be given a trail

My motive is to effect a great positive change in the society and banking industries, especially **** bank. And believing in the efficient utilization of human mind that enhance innovation and creativity taking into consideration the importance of team work. Also a master minder of a result in a team work.

,i have ond in accounting from osun state polytechnic,iree with an upper credit merit.i like a banking work and i will like to be help through it.my phone number is

No disrespect, these people should learn how to ride okada instead.
Re: Invalid Job Applications by achmed1(m): 10:04pm On Jan 24, 2012
Bluediva, am a recent graduate of unilorin and a student of CIPMN , presently am seeking employment in HR or in the interim an internship position in an HR department or consulting firm. Any assistancr from you in this regard will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Invalid Job Applications by achmed1(m): 8:04am On Jan 26, 2012
When it comes to job help everybody just go silent.
Re: Invalid Job Applications by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 28, 2012
achmed1:

Bluediva, am a recent graduate of unilorin and a student of CIPMN , presently am seeking employment in HR or in the interim an internship position in an HR department or consulting firm. Any assistancr from you in this regard will be appreciated. Thanks

Sorry, i just saw your post.
I'm afraid i don't have a job to give.

However, i encourage you to google job applications in Nigeria.
Lot's of jobs will be advertised. Apply for any suitable opening.

Lot's of people have gotten jobs through there.
Don't be discouraged.
Re: Invalid Job Applications by Nobody: 12:52am On Jan 30, 2012
@op
Lwkmd as I dey read ür post.
Well u won't blame the person he probably blocked all his courses. Otherwise I don't see why someone with an upper credit can't even write simple English.

I have always maintained that communication is not the use of technically crafted sentences or statements. It is simply the art of speaking and being understood.

I wonder how they intend to get the job when the HR. personnel Doesn't even understand what the cover letter is all about.
Re: Invalid Job Applications by achmed1(m): 1:33am On Jan 30, 2012
@bluediva O.K
Re: Invalid Job Applications by yamakuza: 1:43am On Jan 30, 2012
Guy, chill! He was referring to the examples in BlueDiva's post #1, not you!

[s]U are seriously falling your own hand, btw.[/s]
Re: Invalid Job Applications by AjanleKoko: 8:14am On Aug 30, 2012
One wonders what advice can be given in instances like this. embarassed
Re: Invalid Job Applications by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 30, 2012
As a HR person i have seen alot.
80% of Nigerian graduates need to go back to school and learn properly.

Thankfully, in my company the aptitude test weeds most of the 'illiterates' out.
Sometimes some smart dude excels at the test but the interview becomes so embarrassing.

Lot's of people are walking around with fantastic CVs but cannot win an IQ contest with some 6yr olds. embarassed
Re: Invalid Job Applications by spicyv1(f): 8:29pm On Aug 30, 2012
Lol. Going through such applications is a sure means of comical relaxation to ease self after a hectic day phew!!!
Re: Invalid Job Applications by ayox2003: 9:50pm On Aug 30, 2012
BlueDiva: As a HR person i have seen alot.

Thankfully, in my company the aptitude test weeds most of the 'illiterates' out.
Sometimes some smart dude excels at the test but the interview becomes so embarrassing.

Lot's of people are walking around with fantastic CVs but cannot win an IQ contest with some 6yr olds. embarassed

Fallacy of hasty generalization.

Frawzey

1 Like

Re: Invalid Job Applications by Nobody: 1:34am On Aug 31, 2012
Hasty how? I don't think so. The way people write on nl alone is enough stats. Considering that users are from all areas in Nigeria and most are graduates.

3 Likes

Re: Invalid Job Applications by ayox2003: 8:06am On Aug 31, 2012
^ So every 4 out of 5 graduates should go back to school?

Anyway, I'm not surprised at the OP's thread at all.

BlueDiva:

It's crazy, the quest for money instead of a career.
Ironically, [size=15pt]most oil workers[/size] are nothing to write home about long after leaving the industry.

Dubai has moved from an oil economy to a tourist economy.
All we do here is daydream about oil jobs. Very soon these oil companies will ship out when una oil dry up.

The most annoying thing is that most of them know nothing about the industry.
Some have even become the mentors, given others wrong info. A case of the blind deceiving the blind.

Another fallacy of hasty generalization(which can also be found in the penultimate line of ^ quote).

Frawzey

1 Like

Re: Invalid Job Applications by liukang1: 9:18am On Aug 31, 2012
achmed1: When it comes to job help everybody just go silent.

...and you're wondering why they don't respond ?
They're saving themselves from a ballistic missile, that's why mate.
Try brushing up on your grammar mate.
Re: Invalid Job Applications by liukang1: 9:22am On Aug 31, 2012
BlueDiva: Most applicants should know that 80% of applications received by most HR organizations are thrown out.
You wonder if these applicants even went to school.

Below is a sample of responses from applicants on a job site.

pls i have passion 4 banking wks. I have an OND in buz admin wit upper credit grade.25yrs of age   

I am *** from Ondo State. As an experienced financial parachuter, i like to team up with *** Bank in this open opportunity and discharge the workload values in me for the benefit of this bank only if in can be given a trail

My motive is to effect a great positive change in the society and banking industries, especially **** bank. And believing in the efficient utilization of human mind that enhance innovation and creativity taking into consideration the importance of team work. Also a master minder of a result in a team work.

,i have ond in accounting from osun state polytechnic,iree with an upper credit merit.i like a banking work and i will like to be help through it.my phone number is

No disrespect, these people should learn how to ride okada instead.

Choi !!!
I have officially died...thrice !!!
<falls from the tree branch where he was chewing pako and watching the early morning Lagos traffic>
Re: Invalid Job Applications by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 05, 2012
That a person cant express his/herself properly in English, doesn't automatically exclude that such a person is indeed a genius. As a HR person, it is your Job to find out what Language a person truly speaks and engage/access him based on that. After all, it is not a crime to not speak English, especially if such a person was born and bred in a region where his/her mother tongue was predominantly spoken.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Invalid Job Applications by AjanleKoko: 5:36pm On Sep 05, 2012
Bludeville: That a person cant express his/herself properly in English, doesn't automatically exclude that such a person is indeed a genius. As a HR person, it is your Job to find out what Language a person truly speaks and engage/access him based on that. After all, it is not a crime to not speak English, especially if such a person was born and bred in a region where his/her mother tongue was predominantly spoken.

Erm . . . Fluency in English, not our various mother tongues, is usually a requirement for white-collar employment in Nigeria.

If said applicant was seeking employment on Mini jojo or Icheokwu shows, I'm sure the HR wouldn't be too finicky about the 'Hinglish' deficiency grin

4 Likes

Re: Invalid Job Applications by oladayo042: 9:39am On Sep 06, 2012
Bludeville: That a person cant express his/herself properly in English, doesn't automatically exclude that such a person is indeed a genius. As a HR person, it is your Job to find out what Language a person truly speaks and engage/access him based on that. After all, it is not a crime to not speak English, especially if such a person was born and bred in a region where his/her mother tongue was predominantly spoken.
In what language did he/she receive instructions to have graduated with 'opa kirediti'?

1 Like

Re: Invalid Job Applications by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 06, 2012

You sound really daft.
You ought to read what you wrote again.

A person who cannot speak and express himself properly is not cut out for the corporate world.
Go and sell your wares at Alaba market, where English is not a requirement.

1 Like

Re: Invalid Job Applications by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 06, 2012
BlueDiva:

You sound really daft.
You ought to read what you wrote again.

A person who cannot speak and express himself properly is not cut out for the corporate world.
Go and sell your wares at Alaba market, where English is not a requirement.

B.y.T.C.h please!
You just proved how incompetent and narrow-minded you are. Dont let me get started on you, point of correction, the person can express himself, just not in the language you understand, dundee! I'm sure if you were smarter, you would know that 'Miss HR Person'.
Rolling my eyes to Kafanchan!
Re: Invalid Job Applications by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 06, 2012
Bludeville:
B.i.T.C.h please!
You just proved how incompetent and narrow-minded you are. Dont let me get started on you, point of correction, the person can express himself, just not in the language you understand, dundee! I'm sure if you were smarter, you would know that 'Miss HR Person'.
Rolling my eyes to Kafanchan!

Not only daft but also petty.
Maybe you have failed countless tests and interviews and you want to take your frustrations out on somebody.
Not my fault that you are not the sharpest tool in the shed.

'The person can express himself in a language i don't understand'?
Another daft statement. Quit while you can right now.

Maybe writing and speaking like the 'friends' you are defending is normal in the slum where you're from.
it's a little different in the corporate world where only the brightest are needed.

2 Likes

Re: Invalid Job Applications by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 06, 2012
@ bludeville.
What is ur point really? Ur not making much sense and i see no reason why those people applying for jobs shld even be considered. If life was so easy then even d aboki dat can't speak ingrish shld be considered for a job afterall he can speak hausa and a hausa HR person shld be recruited to help understand what d aboki is saying.
Some people just like to argue against what is normal so people can consider them smart. In dis case e nor work o.
Re: Invalid Job Applications by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 06, 2012
BlueDiva:

Maybe you have failed countless tests and interviews and you want to take your frustrations out on somebody.

Maybe writing and speaking like the 'friends' you are defending is normal in the slum where you're from.
it's a little different in the corporate world where only the brightest are needed.

Honey, I dont see nothing wrong with being from the slum or having 'friends' from the slum, Cos you see, I'm not a snob like you...is that the best you can throw at me? Dig a little deeper Miss Shallow HR....
yawn...if you were more interesting, i might have engaged you further...na the same you go rush employ lebanese, indian, expatriates dey pay them triple...or wait! What am I saying? Them expatriates dont do white collar jobs...right? Mitscheeewwww!!!
P.S, I am a pharmacist, I OWN a community pharmacy that makes DAILY profit of what your monthly salary probably is. Don't assume everybody is on your level Lady.
Re: Invalid Job Applications by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 06, 2012
BlueDiva:

BlueDiva, well if u check(or probably) know.i'm following you cos i see quality in 'some' of ur posts..plz try n CHECK IT...i'm surprised u'd b involved in dis act of using certain words on oda pple..no mata wat, try n control it! plz!!!
i think speaking fluent English is a major requirement in d industry
@bludedeville..i tink i get ur pt. personally,i've a frnd in elect/electronics dept in skl here dat is sponsored by a philanthropist cos he's parents r late n he's gud wit electronics ( learnt by being an apprentice at a roadside shop) ..he wrote JAMB n got in at a age of 24. he does wel @ practicals n is tryin but he lacks d basics. fluent English, method of approach,importance of carriage and appearance. i personally hv resolved to try n help him..he teaches me wat he knws nd we'r gud.i'm tryin 2 help him improve cos it's an obvious sign of bein educated in d 1st place.
bottomline: besides it being a method 2 ascertain u'r personality, it shows much of d stuff u'r made of in a way n every1 should try n develop in dat area.
(i'm used 2 it,plz excuse my abbreviations, hp u al get d msg..tanks)
Re: Invalid Job Applications by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 06, 2012
Blue diva, honestly I underatand that u are bound strictly by rules of ur company to make sure those that can communicate well in english should most times be employed & I understand. However I would say you were only lucky to have your job. You shouldnt think less of other people.

Infact, a lot of those applicants you mentioned are great individuals in their ''portion'' has given to them by God, but pehaps... I mean for one reason or the other they are not using their gifts; sometimes because of unemployment & all.

By extension as Bluedeville pointed out, cos I quite agree with her a little bit, it is ur job as an hr person to find out the quality in a person... That even if u dont av a job for them, u may encourage them, tell them where to improve & probably place them in places they would fit into.

You sound a little harsh & Bluedeville, try to be more understanding also. However, im sure u guys are good in ur respective career. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Invalid Job Applications by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 07, 2012
Bludeville:
P.S, I am a pharmacist, I OWN a community pharmacy that makes DAILY profit of what your monthly salary probably is. Don't assume everybody is on your level Lady.

Empty barrels scream louder. . .
I will let you off because of cedaraustine.

cedaraustine:

BlueDiva, well if u check(or probably) know.i'm following you cos i see quality in 'some' of ur posts..plz try n CHECK IT...i'm surprised u'd b involved in dis act of using certain words on oda pple..no mata wat, try n control it! plz!!!
i think speaking fluent English is a major requirement in d industry

Well, i have zero tolerance for dummies.
It's better to crush simpletons early before they become a nuisance to themselves and the society.

richarts: Blue diva, honestly I underatand that u are bound strictly by rules of ur company to make sure those that can communicate well in english should most times be employed & I understand. However I would say you were only lucky to have your job. You shouldnt think less of other people.

Infact, a lot of those applicants you mentioned are great individuals in their ''portion'' has given to them by God, but pehaps... I mean for one reason or the other they are not using their gifts; sometimes because of unemployment & all.

By extension as Bluedeville pointed out, cos I quite agree with her a little bit, it is ur job as an hr person to find out the quality in a person... That even if u dont av a job for them, u may encourage them, tell them where to improve & probably place them in places they would fit into.

You sound a little harsh & Bluedeville, try to be more understanding also. However, im sure u guys are good in ur respective career. Good luck.

There is hardly any sentiments in the real world.
Some people make a CGPA of 4.49 and are still given a 2.1. Nobody is going to 'dash' them a 0.1

The world is very competitive. Lot's of people struggle for the very few positions.
Darwin calls it the survival of the fittest.
Re: Invalid Job Applications by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 07, 2012
thanks BlueDiva...i have read through all of ur possibe quotes and even saved some of them,,i have an idea(supposedly) of the kind of person you are...won't mind meting you actually some day..particularly when i want to announce my presence in the job market.lol.all the best in our endeavour.
Re: Invalid Job Applications by yommy2sure(m): 5:41pm On Sep 08, 2012
BlueDiva: As a HR person i have seen alot.

hmmmmn so much heat here. Eeerm Ms/Mr Bluediva, please which is correct o 'an HR person' or 'a HR person' ??
Re: Invalid Job Applications by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 10, 2012
yommy2sure:
hmmmmn so much heat here. Eeerm Ms/Mr Bluediva, please which is correct o 'an HR person' or 'a HR person' ??

Which is correct?

A Human Resource (HR) person or an Human Resource (HR) person?
That should answer your question.
Re: Invalid Job Applications by yommy2sure(m): 11:57am On Sep 10, 2012
BlueDiva:

Which is correct?

A Human Resource (HR) person or an Human Resource (HR) person?
That should answer your question.

you are so wrong...when used as an abbreviation its an HR (an eech aaaR not a Heech aaR person)....when used as full its a Human Resource person. Go grab a grammar book and read joor. So much for ur perfectionist spirit!

1 Like

Re: Invalid Job Applications by achmed1(m): 5:20pm On Sep 10, 2012
liu_kang:

...and you're wondering why they don't respond ?
They're saving themselves from a ballistic missile, that's why mate.
Try brushing up on your grammar mate.

I most often access nairaland using my mobile , sometimes I make mistakes while typing and mostly ignore them.
Re: Invalid Job Applications by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 11, 2012
yommy2sure:

you are so wrong...when used as an abbreviation its an HR (an eech aaaR not a Heech aaR person)....when used as full its a Human Resource person. Go grab a grammar book and read joor. So much for ur perfectionist spirit!

Firstly, i don't know about perfection. Nobody ever claimed perfection.

Technically, i didn't answer you question.
i only threw a question back at you.

Stop bleating. . .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do We Have Only Female Secretaries? / How Can I Download Movies With My Tecno T430 Phone / NUPENG Suspends Strike, Work Resumes At Total Blending plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.