Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,410 members, 7,954,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:50 AM

Oceanic Bank Now Eco Bank? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oceanic Bank Now Eco Bank? (1134 Views)

Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 / "The N13 Billion Nanny Loan" Oceanic Bank To Cecilia Ibru's Ex-Nanny / Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oceanic Bank Now Eco Bank? by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 24, 2012
I got an official text message this morning informing me that Oceanic bank is now Eco bank and that you can use either of the ATMs for free for Oceanic/Ecobank transactions (980 ATMs in all nationwide).

Those anyone have the same information? And is due to the recent political issues with Oceanic bank and can no longer exist alone?

Oceanic bank was declared the best bank in 2007! And a reliable source told me banks have a way 'decorating' their financial statements and give it higher face value than what they are actually experiencing!

What's your say?

cool
Re: Oceanic Bank Now Eco Bank? by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 24, 2012
Oceanic was declared a failing bank by the CBN.
You must have got the memo. No?
Re: Oceanic Bank Now Eco Bank? by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 24, 2012
Ecobank acquires 100% of Oceanic Bank International, PLC

2011-10-25
Ecobank acquires 100% of Oceanic Bank International, PLC Lome 24 October 2011: Ecobank Transnational Inc. (ETI), the parent company of the
Ecobank Group, the largest pan-African banking group by geography, with presence in 32 countries, is pleased to announce the 100% acquisition of Oceanic Bank International PLC, following approvals by shareholders of both institutions and the completion of all required regulatory and legal processes.
All change control processes pertaining to the merger were completed in a ceremony that took place on Monday 24th October. A new Board of Directors has been reconstituted with Arnold Ekpe, CEO of Ecobank Group appointed Chairman. John Aboh, Managing Director of Oceanic Bank, will continue in that role.
It is envisaged that the banking operations of Oceanic Bank will be merged with the existing Ecobank Nigeria operations before the end of 2011. The Ecobank Group is pleased to welcome employees, customers and shareholders of Oceanic Bank aboard.
Furthermore, the Ecobank group expresses its appreciation for the confidence and support xtended by the regulators, shareholders and board of directors of the company in facilitating the merger.

For further information, please contact:
Merger Integration office: (234) 704 145 1015
Company Secretary, Ecobank Group: (228) 2221 0303 / 3168

source
Re: Oceanic Bank Now Eco Bank? by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 24, 2012
^^^ tnx for that info. wink

(1) (Reply)

I Just Pray I Don't Get A Visa To That Country Called Diaspora / Perm Sec Caught With N2bn Cash •cabal Moves N18bn From Account, Withdraws N300m / World Bank Presido: Zuma, Ouattara, Others Pressure GEJ To Release Okonjo-iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.