Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,519 members, 7,770,323 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:17 AM

Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 (17035 Views)

Poll: Who Qualifies For The Semis?

Barcelona: 67% (38 votes)
Real Madrid: 32% (18 votes)
This poll has ended

CapitalOne Cup: Chelsea Vs Swansea (0 - 2) On 9th January 2012 / Chelsea Vs QPR (0 - 1) On 2nd January 2012 / Copa Del Rey: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona (1 - 2) On Wed, 18th January 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 by BigBoi11(m): 10:04am On Jan 26, 2012
If no be say Madrid equalize we no for hear anything ooo, But now dem don equalize and we no go hear word again, Na Barce players i blame for losing concentration otherwise we no for dey talk by now,
Re: Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 by ddippset(m): 10:05am On Jan 26, 2012
in summary, barca players are technically gifted while madrid players are mechanically gifted.
Re: Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 by Reference(m): 10:29am On Jan 26, 2012
db10dtruth:

One thing I've realized is if Jose plays attacking game against Barca they ALWAYS perform but when he tends to defend it ALWAYS comes back to hurt him. Just look at the game?? Barca did play well in the 1st half but then Real went a step higher in the 2nd half and for 'ME' deserve to go through. Kaka Ozil, Calejon(always impresses me) were all impressive tonight and should be playing El Classico

I think Jose is right to defend against Barca. What he fails to do is to do it as Barca does. How? Posers.

How does Danny Alves overlap ceaselessly without conceeding counter attacks repeatedly. How does Puyol with all his age and injuries cope. Why is it that Barca seems to only conceed from set pieces. With all their attacking prowess why do Barca players rarely stray offside. Simple. Their game is played and one in the midfield. That is where their attacks originate, that is where their opponents attack ends. Messi begins his runs there giving his teammates the four or five seconds to position and giving himself a wider angle to see ALL the defenders. More time to decide. In Argentina Messi stays higher up the pitch.

Gonzalo or Benzema on the other hand start their attacks in the last 20 to 30 yards. Result. Tunnel vision, poorer support, less time to goal to think, rushed decisions.

Something else. When Barca losses the ball EVERYONE switches to defence instantly and try to win the ball in your defence and at worst in the midfield. Result. 8 potential defenders and quicker counter attacks due to lesser passes. Madrid on the other hand has only five defending at any one time. Ronny, Ozil, Benny, Kaka, Callejon or DiMaria abhor defending leaving poor Lass and co. to take the load and the cards. Not enough defending by Madrid forwards.

The concept of the big languid forward only attacker is lost on Pep ala. Eto, Henry, Ibra and Mr. Leg break to come don't suit Pep.

To beat Barca I suggest Mourinho plays a true 4-5-1 and drops Ozil, Kaka, Benzema, and probably Lass. They simply cannot cope. The team is a body builder too top heavy and thin at the waist while todays game requires beer guzzling and pizza quaffing to attain the crazy 70% possession we see from Barca.
Re: Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 26, 2012
BigBoi11:

Mr Logical, Please stop being full of yourself and try to get your facts right before you comment. I am also a die hard Barca fan and i have to say that you are just being full of yourself trying to show that you know football. The football you know is limited to the few matches you watch (including our matches) because if you were to get your facts right then you will state that Pique was supported by Yaya Toure the season we won the champions league against Man U. Also you you will be able to recall that Rafael Marquez was also a defender that was suspended and Puyol was not available due to injury for the final hence Yaya had to pair with Pique for that game. Thats point 1 that is proving you wrong.

Yaya Toure was allowed to leave because of some demands he made and which Pep did not agree too and that made him leave Barce, I dont think Pep will beg any player or would have to succumb the demand of just one player just because he is inform. The reason Yaya left was because he wanted to play every game ahead of Busquet who was a new revelation that season and knowing very well that Busquet is good enough Pep allowed Yaya leave. Pep stated that he trusted Busquet to do the job and until today Busquet has been brilliant both in defense and also in the midfield. Dont also forget that we have Mascharano who covers well and has had to play like Busquet as a makeup defender when Puyol and Pique were not there and yet we won the league and champions league that way last season and narrowly lost the final of the Copa del ray. If you claim that because Yaya is not there then Pique has not performed well when Puyol is not then then you have to go get your facts right because some of us watch football and know football as much as you claim you do. Personally as Barce fan i can say very its true that we miss Yaya (sometimes when there is injury problem and if not we have never missed him) Busquet is a perfect replacement (if not more) for Yaya. The fact that Busquet played all matched for Spain in the world cup is proof and he has also played central defence for spain in their qualifiers and some friendlies so please Busquet is a utility player and with him available i have never missed Yaya Toure. Thats number 2

You can go and start counting how many trophies Barca has won since Yaya left and the you will know that we do not miss him as you claim. Was he there when we won the champions league last season?? was he there when we won the league?? the season he left we won the league was he there?? , The time when Yaya was in Barca is very much different from now because Madrid has become a better team and has gotten better players to catch up with us so please stop bringing Yaya when Barca is being mentioned. We have more than enough midfielders to cover up and that is what makes up a team. You also said Guardiola was responsible for Yaya leaving and yes thats true and it is a very wise decision that Pep made because Busquet has now become a very balanced and dependable replacement and the fact that he is below 22yrs makes it even more interesting because he has about 15 more years in him to play for Barca.

If you want to talk about yesterday's match then you will have to blame the whole Barca team and not one player because they all lost concentration and believe the game was already over. That has been our problem this season and i dont think your Yaya Toure would stop that. Some points you should know about your Yaya toure, He is very good and the best african footballer as they say but he can be very proud, he loses focus easily too, he likes to be the boss in the midfield (and at Barca that can never be possible with the midfield legends we have) and also he likes to dictate the pace of the game. I believe Yaya Toure has benefited from being in Barca and not the other way round because when you watch him play you will see he has the Barca touches in him and not Barce having Yaya Toure's style. Besides i have never heard Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Alves, Pep and any Barca player come out to say "we really miss Yaya Toure". Mr Logical i can go on and on to prove to you that Barca is above any player and we play as a unit and not miss some player who is no more with the team. It would have been better if you had stated Samuel Eto'o. So please stop downgrading others by stating that you know football and they know nothing because if you know football that much then you should know that everyone has his own opinion and you do not expect everyone to follow your opinion which is not even true in the first place.

Guy, you cannot compare actor busquets to Yaya na? Abi you smoke ni? Yaya is miles ahead. You should be comparing him with Mike Obi and Alex Song, not with Yaya.
And don't tell me that if Messi leaves Barca, you wont miss him. If he leaves, una no go win anything for una life. Prove me wrong
Re: Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 by BigBoi11(m): 10:53am On Jan 26, 2012
@ Reference
Very correct but i will point out that when madrid beat other teams 5-0, 4-0 and other wide margin scores the formation they play works better for them unlike Barca who sometimes struggle to beat lesser teams, You are right but the basic truth from this match remains that Mourinho is afraid to attach Barca. What he did yesterday has made him understand he has to attack from the begining to the end.

The reason Barca Attacked yesterday was because they believed they were almost out of the tournament and wanted to attack to get an early goal and i bet you if madrid had scored that early goal then the game would end 3-1 or 4-1 in favour of Barca because madrid will change to a defensive pattern. The fact that Barca had a 2-nil lead in the first half made them relax and believed the game was over and that was when madrid pressed hard and were rewarded. If it had been the other way round then madrid would be defending and there is no way they will no concede against Barca.

Sincerely i feel for Mourinho because there is no way and no formation he can make use of to stop Barca and that is because he is a defensive coach that rely on counter attack from the flanks and against Barca that will not work because if you cannot give them a fight in the midfield then there is nothing any team can do. The best Mourinho can do in my opinion is to play a alonso deep and ozil and kaka should crowd Busquet, I am a Barca fan and i know Busquet is the heart beat of the team and when he does not play well then the whole midfield is in trouble. You say that in the second half yesterday where Busquet was crowded and that led to madrid winning the midfield. One thing for sure is that i doubt they will be able to hold off Busquet because that guy is something else, No one notices him but all Barca players are singing his praise.

You are very correct and i respect your opinion very well but i think Pep will always have the edge over Jose,
Re: Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 by BigBoi11(m): 11:11am On Jan 26, 2012
@J12
I will prove you wrong now and please go check out and tell me if its a lie,

Busquet is the heart beat of the team and even Pep, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Alves and all Barca players have all attested to this. He is a reqular for Spain and he plays the midfield in Spain with Xabi alonso but when they start with just one defensive midfielder, Busquet is played. Busquet has been very reliable for Barca and we have not felt Yaya's absense since he left, Please stop being biased and watch football.

I am not comparing Busquet who is less than 22 to Yaya who is up to 28 so please stop claiming i said Busquet is better (thats your personal decision) because everyone i know prefers Busquet and i know some other people prefer Yaya because he is stronger and a bit more experienced but please for your information, almost (90%) of the Barca team is from the youth team setup where Pep was their coach and knows them better than anyone else. Yaya is not from our youth setup and he wants to be guaranteed a starters shirt and i dont see why when we have other midfielders.

You asked if Messi leaves if i will not miss him, Thats the difference between home grown players and players you buy with money, Messi can never leave Barca (at least not now) because he is home grown, Tell me how many home grown players you have seen leave Barce for other clubs, That only happens when they are old or when they are aged and that is if it happens. There was a time in Barca under Frank R that Xavi and even Iniesta was not a sure regular but they didnt leave and stayed with Barca and even Messi was not a regular as much until the big boiz all left, So please if Yaya Toure has left, Barca will move on and someone else will take his place and we will all move on. Didn't Ronaldo leave Man U, didnt they win the league and got to the champions league final again. I can count good and better players that have left clubs and the clubs have moved on and some even got better. Please spare me your Yaya Toure shit because we will keep winning with or without him.

I beg if i smoke no be your mouth i take smoke am oooo, If you wan smoke too, Aboki dey near you so make you go grab one stick fast fast. Mind you i am not a fan that compares players because they are all gifted and its their talents so i respect all footballers, For me i am saying it that Yaya is not missed at Barca. Na only for nigeria u go dey hear that one, Guardiola himself no talk say he miss anybodi ooooooooo
Re: Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 26, 2012
BigBoi11
Just admit that Yaya is better than Busquets. Spare me all that youth team shite. Barca doesn't need Yaya now because of their playing pattern, but if he was in the team, Barca would be stronger defensively. If Ronaldinho was still in Barca, i'm also sure the midfield would be stronger too, same with Eto'o.

Again, this current Barca team depends on Messi alot. They play to his strenght, if was injured for a long term, I dont think this Barca team will be as strong as they. Three factors make this Barca team strong:
1- Their tippy tap passing football (50 percent of their strenght)
2. Messi (40 percent)
3. Others (10 percent)
Re: Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 by logica(m): 12:12pm On Jan 26, 2012
Opinions don't count much without sound knowledge. There's a reason I hardly come to this sub forum: beer parlor analysts.
Re: Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 by BigBoi11(m): 12:18pm On Jan 26, 2012
Nice one J12
You believe and you are sure that Yaya is better than Busquet but i myself will settle for Busquet, They are both utility players and they play almost same way and in Football experience has an edge and that is where Yaya will come out tops but for me i dont see the need for Yaya when we have Busquet, You are right and i understand where you are coming from but this Barca team is a very strong unit and we love it just the way it is.

You talk say if Ronaldinho dey, Bros that man don finish now all of them don old. The reason why Pep insisted he didnt want them was because he has got his won pattern and his own policy. Remember Mourinho was interviewed for the Barca job after Frank left but he was not given the job because he could not change his policy and he needed to add more players to the squad. Pep was given the job because as then Youth team coach he said he would bring the younger players and continue with bringing more youth players to the squad. So you see Pep knew what he wanted from the begining and he made way with the Ronaldinho's and co and now we can see the result. We have the best Barce team ever and what more can we ask for from this man.

Your factors quite true but i will not agree with some of them because others will be 40% and messi will be 10%. It is not bad we have a star player to rely on but remember we have won some matches when Messi does not play like the 10-0 match (if Messi had played then it would be maybe 13 or 14), the champions league match and some other matches. All teams have a star player whom they expect to rise up to the occasion when things are not going well or when the going is tough so its the same for Barca with Messi. This team is 100% 1 unit and thats what makes them stand out as the best Barce team ever. I understand you have your own opinion and your beliefs and i respect them but for me this is what i believe.
Re: Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 by BigBoi11(m): 12:23pm On Jan 26, 2012
Mr Logica
I beg go siddon one place, If u be analyst then go analyze with your lame knowledge for where people wen no sabi ball dey, As for us we dey watch ball and we know wetin we dey watch, For your mind na analyze you dey analyze You need to learn and get your facts right before you analyze because some people know football too, If you neva know say na opinion na im matter for football then i bet you no know say na people dey vote before dem give any award meaning na people wen get the opinion say one person be the best go vote for am, LEARN!!!!
Re: Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 by logica(m): 12:27pm On Jan 26, 2012
Lame idi.ot. Barca is your team right? When did you watch your first Barca game? Are you from Barcelona? Have you been to the Camp Nou? You are here online using terms like "our" and "my" to refer to Barca. Continue with your tomfoolery.
Re: Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 26, 2012
Well, your preference for Busquets is welcome, but my point is that some Barca players tend to look exceptional due to the way barca plays. If Busquets was playing in the premier league or Italian league, he would be nothing.
Whether ronaldinho don die or not, fact still remains that the midfield would be stronger with him in the picture. I will pick ronaldinho over iniesta anyday.
And concerning messi, i have been watching many barca matches from last season and from my observation, over fifty percent of barca offensive work is done by messi. If you remove messi out the barca attack (especially against strong sides), barca will find it extremely difficult to score. You can't disprove that
Re: Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 by BigBoi11(m): 12:49pm On Jan 26, 2012
Mr Logica
Baba Farabale, Wether i go there or not na the passion be that, When you support a team the passion must dey there, Baba if you get DSTV you go see the advert dem dey show when 3 guys with blue jersey go enter a place where everybody na Red dem dey support, If na u na so u go run comot but dem enter siddon, Shey na for the Stadium of their team dem go watch am ni, Baba park well no no sabi nothing,

The fact say u go Nou Camp no mean say dem open your (i no mean to abuse or insult) brain come pour Barca history there for you now. I fit dey support Barca from my house ooo but at least i still get the passion and the same goes to every fan out there supporting a team. Wether you register for the club or not, wether you go there or not a fan remains a fan so baba park well,

If u wan know i am a registered Barca fan and i know you must be too, E pain me say we not dey talk face to face because na then i go let you realize say you no sabi ball let alone Barca F. C. If na when we begin watch ball baba forget ooooo, you fit don old but i don tai

One more thing, i beg stop to dey downgrade i beg, if we be palour analyst leave am, you continue with your toilet and kitchen analysis. I no even see the point you make for all your post since when you begin analyze this match, Instead of concentrating on the match dem play, you begin call person wen na past tense. If na so dem Amokachi dey do am dem for no dey analyze for supersport na, Shoooooooooooo!!!!!
Re: Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 by logica(m): 12:55pm On Jan 26, 2012
J12:

Well, your preference for Busquets is welcome, but my point is that some Barca players tend to look exceptional due to the way barca plays. If Busquets was playing in the premier league or Italian league, he would be nothing.
Whether ronaldinho don die or not, fact still remains that the midfield would be stronger with him in the picture. I will pick ronaldinho over iniesta anyday.
And concerning messi, i have been watching many barca matches from last season and from my observation, over fifty percent of barca offensive work is done by messi. If you remove messi out the barca attack (especially against strong sides), barca will find it extremely difficult to score. You can't disprove that  
Believe you me, the only reason I believe Guardiola had a preference for Busquets was because his (Busquets) father was Guardiola's team-mate in the 1990s because it's so obvious Yaya was better. And he tried to justify his decision by using Busquets like he did Yaya only to have it blown right back in his face several times: I will only mention one example - the second goal by AC Milan from a corner. The ball went right over Busquets (who merely jumped without any real attempt to head the ball) for Thiago Silva to nod in. And this played over again and again. I maintain, the team got less flexible with that decision he made.
Re: Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 by BigBoi11(m): 1:08pm On Jan 26, 2012
@J12
I understand you very well but i believe Busquet will still succeed with any team he is in and same goes for every Barca player because as we don see am even Ibro wen no fit shine for Barca dey do wonders for Inter. The same for most players that have left Barca and lets not also forget Juan Roman Requelme too. Most players that flops for Barca play well outside and those that shine for Barce do even more outside. You can see Busquet when he plays for spain too, he is very good. I know you may doubt him but thats your opinion because i cannot convince you to prefer him of you dont already, lol.

Ronaldinho for Barca played as a forward in a 4-3-3 formation with Eto'o and Giuly or Larsson at first and then later with Henry and Eto or Messi so for Barca he plays a forward role but he always drops deep to get the ball and make forward runs. I know Ronaldinho is Good but he will not make this present Barca team with his form because he is off form and even finds it difficult to make the new Brazilian team and besides he could not hit it at AC Milan and his last season at Barca was poor as he lost his place in the starting 11.

You are 100% correct about Messi and with him Barca have an edge over anytime on this planet because he starts most attacks and sometimes he finished them. His presence in the squard lifts the team and he is always the one everbody looks up to when the going is tough and against big teams he makes the game easier for everyone. He is the star player and he is very important to the team just like or even more than how Van P P is for arsenal. But we should not forget that Barca is a very good unit and every thing Barca has acheived has been due to team work. With the way Barca is playing, Xavi and Puyol have stated that they feel younger than their age and they are willing to play more and more so i believe that this is made possible because of the team work and the free flowing football Barca play. I cannot disapprove your point because youare very correct about what you have said.

I am happy that people who know soccer and watch the beautiful game are here on Nairaland beause e don tire me to dey see people like this logica with their nonsense talk wen dem no wan listen to other people because them think say na dem know all.
Re: Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 by BigBoi11(m): 1:17pm On Jan 26, 2012
@Logica
Please stop getting it all wrong here. I am also a Barca fan please. So you want to tell me that Yaya did not make any mistake in his time in Barca tell me that and i will start counting them for you. Just because you prefer Yaya does not mean you wil condemn Busquet because Busquet is also very good and he has proven that already when he was among the best 30 players in the world and in europe last year.

One Question,
Please is Busquet the son or Inlaw of the Spanish coach, He plays for Spain for Christ sake. To play for Spain and start every match for Spain at 20 is not something done by just any player. The guy is good and we can all see it. He is young and at his age he is playing every match and lets not forget that another big name Mascharano is on the bench because he cannot displace Busquet. Please stop dissing the guy and realize that he is very good. Do you know how many Good midfielders are in Spain, also how many good defenders? Busquet has been used by the spanish boss as a defender also. Is that because they are related
Re: Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 26, 2012
E DON DO NA!! SHUUUU!!!!

UP BARCA!!!!!

THREAD LOCKED!

cheesy
Re: Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 by logica(m): 1:24pm On Jan 26, 2012
I will just deign you with a response here:

Give me an example where Yaya conceded a goal from a set piece. Go dig that up. I have seen so many instances that Yaya made a mistake, but guess what he redeemed himself by coming forward and scoring! When last did Busquets score? Why do you think Yaya is played in the attacking mid-field role in Man City? Do you think it's easy to be able to find an INDIVIDUAL who can play the role of central defender, defensive mid-fielder and attacking mid-fielder? Do you realize all the DIFFERENT qualities you must have to be able to play all 3 roles SUCCESSFULLY?

Long and short of it: Busquets inclusion in Barca has given him exposure (which was Guardiola's ultimate goal) and that's why he was given a chance in the national team of Spain. But believe you me, if Yaya was Spanish, Busquets would have no chance in the Spanish national team (just as David Silva despite his brilliance has no chance as long as Xavi and Iniesta stay fit). And why can't David Silva get the nod ahead of Xavi or Iniesta despite how good he is? Because there's always an EXTRA edge they add to the team which he doesn't.
Re: Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 by dyabman(m): 1:59pm On Jan 26, 2012
^^^^^

word! grin
Re: Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 by BigBoi11(m): 2:35pm On Jan 26, 2012
Good point, but because of your love for Yaya toure, you will never see the good that Busquet does. The system is much changed and balanced now after Yaya has left so you do not expect Busquet to go and score but we expect any of the four defenders to score just like Puyol and Abidal did against madrid. You know why Alves can go forward with ease and why Puyol and Pique drive forward, It is because Busquet covers and stays back and he is the shield in the team. Busquet too has scored goals and if he is allowed to go forward then i do not see why he would not score goals.

Please 2 seasons ago Busquet was scoring goals too and then Barca was weaker at the back but now Pep has a new pattern which has Busquet playing deeper in his own half and he does the marking and closing down of opponents attach. If Pep were to field Busquet and Mascharano and Mascharano were to play deep and do the work Busquet does then i do not see why Busquet will not go forward and score. Please take your time to watch Barca's games and then you will see what i am talking about. The system is now changed because i can tell you know as well that 2 seasons ago and last season Busquet scored goals but now he has to play deeper to allow others go forward.

About Yaya Toure playing attack and defense, who says Busquet cannot do that, The fact that he plays deep does not mean that he cannot attack please. And thanks for reminding me that if Yaya was a Spainaid he would be playing ahead of Busquet, That i believe is a coach's job and not for us to decide, I know all what you have said is right but for me i stick with this Barcelona team because they have broken records and are still doing so. If the manager plays a 10year old boy and he does the job then that makes the manager a very good manager so i stick with Pep's decision to use keep the players of his choice,
Re: Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 by logica(m): 2:50pm On Jan 26, 2012
BigBoi11:

I know all what you have said is right but for me i stick with this Barcelona team because they have broken records and are still doing so.
Look, I have said it before but success is a burden. And success also makes criticism difficult. But the fact remains that the strongest Barca team EVER remains the team of 2008/2009 that won every single competition hauling in an unprecedented 6 trophies. Guardiola then set about tearing down that team which had a fantastic balance of youth and experience, and that's why he's still struggling right now to match that same team's achievements.

And no, Busquets never scored regularly (once in a Blue Moon is an appropriate description). If Busquets was not good, he would not be in Barca, but the fact remains that he's not as versatile as Yaya (which is the edge Yaya provides). That is my point. You stating that Busquets plays defense too indicates that you keep missing the point; HOW WELL does he? I already pointed out an example (out of a bunch) of blunders he committed costing Barca valuable points. Whenever Busquets has to play in the defense again in the Camp Nou, make sure you pay attention to the crowds unease whenever there's a set play or he receives the ball in defense.
Re: Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 26, 2012
ENOUGH OF ALL THIS ARGUMENTS! angry

HOW CAN I UNFOLLOW THIS THREAD SEF?

angry
Re: Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 by BigBoi11(m): 3:18pm On Jan 26, 2012
Hmmmmmmmm, Yep you are very very correct and there is no doubt about what you have said and i do not doubt that Yaya is more versatile and has more experience. Yaya has an edge i agree and thats the experience he has but remember this team is quite young and they are about repeating the same thing the team of 2008/2009 achieved. The teams of then and now cannot be compared because that season was a break thru season where no one expected Barca to go that far because no one knew much about what was going on and before anyone could see it Barca has gone far far ahead and even in the final of the champions league United were favorites to win.

Now every team wants to beat Barca and you will agree with me it is not as easy as it was then because now every team that plays Barca play the match as if it is a final. So it is not as easy for this present team playing matches week in week out when their opponents will play as though it were a final match. For Pep, the team balance is not the problem neither is the opponent but the problem Pep has is keeping the head of these boys to get them winning and not lose concentration and that is very mush harder than his first season where he was Pursuing and now he is being Pursued so he has to keep the team going. It is a very difficult task for him because the same team has won everything and he has to make them the more hungry to keep winning because i do not think there is a team on this planet that will play Barca and not lose but the problem is against opponents (both big and small) the players sometimes lose concentration and sometimes are overconfident.

I am sorry i never understood your point because your point is right and true. Well i was just upset before but i truly am sorry because i now get your point. Yaya has an edge but i will not say better because i dont compare players but i know some players have some qualities others dont have just like Yaya and Busquet.
Re: Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 by BigBoi11(m): 3:20pm On Jan 26, 2012
@Otooro

Dem Force You Follow, If you no get work i beg wall near you ooo, nod am!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 26, 2012
^^^ smallbigboi,

enuf of this thread na!!!!!!!!!!

barca don win finish! u dey trouble my NL jhoorrr!!!!!!

grin

*gives him uppercut* tongue
Re: Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 by logica(m): 3:57pm On Jan 26, 2012
Lol. In any case, the only people who thought Man U were the favorites to win in 2009 were the typically biased British analysts. And when I say Yaya presents an edge, I mean he provides the kind of versatility that Busquets does not - from attack to midfield to defense.
Re: Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 by Limaoscar: 4:25pm On Jan 26, 2012
Interesting posts but I think we ought to give Jose and his team a break. I mean Jose is the only coach in world club football who has taken trophies off this present team, the UCL with Inter and Copa last season. Where are the other coaches. Are they worthy to criticise him. They have had their opportunities as well. Which other club in Spain has taken any trophy in three years. They play Barca as many times as Real.

The truth is that this is a golden era for Barca just as AC Milan had in the 90's, Real in the 60's, Lyon a few years ago and United presently. It will take time and more losses for Madrid to catch up but they will. In any other league Real would probably win trophies comfortably but not this one. I hope Jose can continue because he has to build Real.

Barca is not what it is today because of Messi (doesn't show up for Argentina) or Pep (tactically green - one track formations) but the institution that puts average players together into an indomitable unit.

This is what other clubs have to emulate

Boy, you should be a pundit. All those Amokachi, Keshi and co have nothing on you.
You're spot on and I hope those fighting forever here will see this quiet piece of yours.
I also keep wondering why people think JM record is nothing because of His recent string of loses to Pep.
Re: Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 by Limaoscar: 4:29pm On Jan 26, 2012
Interesting posts but I think we ought to give Jose and his team a break. I mean Jose is the only coach in world club football who has taken trophies off this present team, the UCL with Inter and Copa last season. Where are the other coaches. Are they worthy to criticise him. They have had their opportunities as well. Which other club in Spain has taken any trophy in three years. They play Barca as many times as Real.

The truth is that this is a golden era for Barca just as AC Milan had in the 90's, Real in the 60's, Lyon a few years ago and United presently. It will take time and more losses for Madrid to catch up but they will. In any other league Real would probably win trophies comfortably but not this one. I hope Jose can continue because he has to build Real.

Barca is not what it is today because of Messi (doesn't show up for Argentina) or Pep (tactically green - one track formations) but the institution that puts average players together into an indomitable unit.

This is what other clubs have to emulate

Boy, you should be a pundit. All those Amokachi, Keshi and co have nothing on you.
You're spot on and I hope those fighting forever here will see this quiet piece of yours.
I also keep wondering why people think JM record is nothing because of His recent string of loses to Pep.
Re: Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 26, 2012
BigBoi11:

@J12
I understand you very well but i believe Busquet will still succeed with any team he is in and same goes for every Barca player because as we don see am even Ibro wen no fit shine for Barca dey do wonders for Inter. The same for most players that have left Barca and lets not also forget Juan Roman Requelme too. Most players that flops for Barca play well outside and those that shine for Barce do even more outside. You can see Busquet when he plays for spain too, he is very good. I know you may doubt him but thats your opinion because i cannot convince you to prefer him of you dont already, lol.

Ronaldinho for Barca played as a forward in a 4-3-3 formation with Eto'o and Giuly or Larsson at first and then later with Henry and Eto or Messi so for Barca he plays a forward role but he always drops deep to get the ball and make forward runs. I know Ronaldinho is Good but he will not make this present Barca team with his form because he is off form and even finds it difficult to make the new Brazilian team and besides he could not hit it at AC Milan and his last season at Barca was poor as he lost his place in the starting 11.

You are 100% correct about Messi and with him Barca have an edge over anytime on this planet because he starts most attacks and sometimes he finished them. His presence in the squard lifts the team and he is always the one everbody looks up to when the going is tough and against big teams he makes the game easier for everyone. He is the star player and he is very important to the team just like or even more than how Van P P is for arsenal. But we should not forget that Barca is a very good unit and every thing Barca has acheived has been due to team work. With the way Barca is playing, Xavi and Puyol have stated that they feel younger than their age and they are willing to play more and more so i believe that this is made possible because of the team work and the free flowing football Barca play. I cannot disapprove your point because youare very correct about what you have said.

I am happy that people who know soccer and watch the beautiful game are here on Nairaland beause e don tire me to dey see people like this logica with their nonsense talk wen dem no wan listen to other people because them think say na dem know all.
Busquets is not world class, Yaya is. Busquets can cope in the national team because they play a similar pattern of football like barca. Still, Xavi Alonso is the best DM is Spain.

Ibra not fit shine for barca because messi dey there. No football on earth can steal messi's shine in barca. Unless you bring back the ronaldinho of 2005 and put him in the squad.
Ibra tried, but he was not good enough when compared to messi. He scored about 22 goals in that season alone, while messi scored 54 (abi?). 22 goals is not that bad for a center forward, but considering that someone who is not a center forward scored 54 goals in the same team?

Ronaldinho is no longer the player he used to be, but Pep didn't give him the chance to prove himself for a once. I believe he would have still been a very important player if Pep gave him a chance.

Messi is salt of the present barca team. If you remove him from the squad, the team wouldn't make much sense because they wouldn't be able to break down tough teams like Madrid all the time. He gives the team confidence, that's why he takes up to forty percent of their total success factor.
Re: Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 by obotubong: 11:43am On Jan 27, 2012
J12 if alonso is the best DM in spain, why is it that at the world cup busquest was never substituted but alonso was constantly being substituted?
Re: Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 by Mcleo007(m): 6:18pm On Jan 27, 2012
A big shout out to Busquets and Yaya! The modern game's finest holding midfielders.

Re: Copa Del Rey: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 0) On Wed, 25th January 2012 by RuuDie(m): 6:02pm On Jan 28, 2012
JM will only get a break when he decides to humble himself and accept that he is NOT superman!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Everton (2 - 0) On 24th April 2022 / Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 / Chelsea Vs West Brom (2 - 2) On 13th January 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.