Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

US To Upgrade Nigerian Security Services - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US To Upgrade Nigerian Security Services (5399 Views)

Biafra: The State Security Services (SSS) Discontinued Nnamdi Kalu's Case / How To Defeat Boko Haram: A Message To Nigerian Security Services / War On Terrorism: India Pledges To Train Nigerian Security - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US To Upgrade Nigerian Security Services by undet: 1:43pm On Jan 25, 2012
Guys, get it right. U.S is just coming to train our security forces, they are not staying here for long. I think we should only fret if the FG buys into the U.S Army African command that they wanted to establish in Nigeria some years ago.
Re: US To Upgrade Nigerian Security Services by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 25, 2012
Nigerians are very gullible people - most think they know all, but 90% are semi-illiterates, Can some of you confused pseudo-intellectuals tell me one Country the U.S.A went in to fight terrorism, that hasn't gone South

Somalia - you all know there has been no peace there since the U.S of A got involved since 1991, You simpletons may not know but Somalia has large oil reserves, and their problems started when oil was discovered there,,,,

Pakistan -- Taliban

Yemen ---- Al Queda

Iraq -- Suicide bombing

Afghanistan -- Taliban

As incompetent as the Nigeria Army is, if they're ready to their work without tribal sentiments - boko haram should be history by now,

Fellow Nigerians, be careful what you wish for because when the Americans start - there's is no coming back from that, sad
Re: US To Upgrade Nigerian Security Services by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 25, 2012
shymmex:

Nigerians are very gullible people - most think they know all, but 90% are semi-illiterates,  Can some of you confused  pseudo-intellectuals tell me one Country the U.S.A went in to fight terrorism, that hasn't gone South

Somalia - you all know there has been no peace there since the U.S of A got involved since 1991,  You simpletons may not know but Somalia has large oil reserves, and their problems started when oil was discovered there,,,,

Pakistan -- Taliban

Yemen ---- Al Queda

Iraq -- Suicide bombing

Afghanistan -- Taliban

As incompetent as the Nigeria Army is, if they're ready to their work without tribal sentiments - boko haram should be history by now,

Fellow Nigerians, be careful what you wish for because when the Americans start - there's is no coming back from that, sad

And you are too "smart" not to realise there's only one thing connecting all these countries together; Islamic fundamentalism. Where's the oil in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Yemen and Somalia? All these countries were destroyed from within by Islamic terrorists not America.
Re: US To Upgrade Nigerian Security Services by Adrian008(f): 2:49pm On Jan 25, 2012
“Prominent areas of collaboration may include training, intelligence sharing, modernisation of the security services, logistics and other requirements.

Um, truth be told, these won't be so helpful, not with the average Nigerian Police Officer's tendencies to be naturally indifferent towards any issue not involving the fattening of their individual pockets. It would've been a lot more helpful if they offered to help pull down that crap we call a security agency and build another. At the end of the day, those guys are at least 50% of the problem.
Re: US To Upgrade Nigerian Security Services by ifybube711: 3:23pm On Jan 25, 2012
Which way Nigeria. We don't need Americans to help or assist our security. That is the height of insecurity. Beware of the American govt. They only come to steal and destroy. President Jonathan I know you mean well for Nigerian but you could have sent our best and trainable security agent to train in different advanced countries. Meanwhile why were the so called illegal refineries destroyed instead of harnessed? I think we have a fundermental problem of thoughtlessness or corruption in the leadership of our Country. We need a forum to forward our opinion to be heard. Are there more effective forums or media agencies like Nairaland?
Re: US To Upgrade Nigerian Security Services by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 25, 2012
Many are speaking as if Nigerian security have been effective from time immemorial!
Re: US To Upgrade Nigerian Security Services by closearms3: 9:51pm On Jan 25, 2012
you have said it all, thank God someone thinks like i do , the whole boko haram thing is fine tuned stage act of the al Qaeda , we destroy ,we would be paid to rebuild, we sell our weapon ,bomb,guns, they divide , we control their government and oil

thoth

Re: US To Upgrade Nigerian Security Services
« #19 on: Today at 10:31:50 AM »

Mark my words the more the US come in the more the bombings intensify, more innocent people will be killed by the security forces till it turns to an islam vs USA scenario. More foreign forces would be requested to control it and more billions needed for national development would be used on security deals with the West. We will just end up like Congo on an endless and meaningless warfare , our own situation would be more bloody because of our high population and extreme ignorance.
Re: US To Upgrade Nigerian Security Services by Ivynwa(f): 1:30am On Jan 26, 2012
Good move, Good move!
Just what I have in mind.
Re: US To Upgrade Nigerian Security Services by ak47mann(m): 1:36pm On Jan 26, 2012
[
all4naija:

Many are speaking as if Nigerian security have been effective from time immemorial!
cool cool
Re: US To Upgrade Nigerian Security Services by blackcypha(m): 11:13pm On Feb 03, 2012
why r Nigerians so hypocritical and conceited?
Why do we have such conspiracy theories and suspicions whenever the west tries to give help and technical support?
playboy19:

Spot on bro, spot on!  The same way the US trained the CIA/FBI and Osama bin laden. Years later waged war against each other under the 2 bushes' administration (father and son) while awarding all the ammunition supply to their family company Carlyle Group

some pple like ojobojo  are calling the US demons!how about your wicked and blodd sucking leaders?
Forgetting the fact that the same US invented the PC they use in typing their bullsshit!
There is no country that has more political,economic,and cultural influence than USA,not saying all they do is right,
but the good things they do outweigh the wrong moves and decisions they make.
Your leaders are worse off greedy mofos who kill to get into power to satisfy their greed for wealth.
So I ask who is the better evil USA  or your demonic blood thirsty  leaders in Nigeria?
No but they too conceited to admit that
Re: US To Upgrade Nigerian Security Services by jamace(m): 7:59am On Feb 04, 2012
That will be another wasted effort.

I will prefer the US govt help Nigeria to fight corruption because corruption is the mother of all the problems in present day Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ganduje Suffers Loss At Supreme Court, Governor’s Appeal Dismissed / FG's N50b EEFP Coordinator, Maureen Ideozu Emerges 'export Innovator Of The Year / 7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.