Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,272 members, 7,954,065 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:47 AM

Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram (7145 Views)

Nigerian Soldiers Jubilating After Victory Over Boko Haram (photo) / APC Carpets Jonathan Over Boko Haram, Hails Military / Don’t Commit Suicide Over Boko Haram , Sambo Mocks Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram by chino11(m): 7:42am On Jan 25, 2012
Nigerians in the Netherlands participated in the two-week long #Occupy Nigeria protests. The peaceful protest (Occupy Nigeria, Netherlands) took place at the Embassy of Nigeria in the Hague, Netherlands on January 24th 2012.

The protest was geared towards addressing the ills of the Nigerian nation. Protest organizers said the protest is meant to address wholesale corruption in governance, the senseless killings of innocent Nigerians by Boko Haram, human rights abuses, the high cost of living by the newly introduced pump price of petrol and much more.

Re: Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram by chino11(m): 7:43am On Jan 25, 2012
This is the type protest we want and not some sponsored subsidy protest. The slaughtering of innocent people should not be condoned.
Re: Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram by Acidosis(m): 8:05am On Jan 25, 2012
abegi make dem go rest. na by protest? make dem go protest for kano na. .
Re: Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram by chino11(m): 8:07am On Jan 25, 2012
Its mustn't be in Kano or any other northern state, but it has to start from somewhere.
Re: Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 25, 2012
Thank you sisters cool. Question their conscience and keep the good work up. More grease to your elbow cool.
Re: Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram by Kobojunkie: 1:11pm On Jan 25, 2012
Finally, this is more of what we need!!! Please any groups near here dey protest? OccupyNigeria and this one --- great Ideas. Make I go join una!
Re: Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram by babaowo: 1:13pm On Jan 25, 2012
this is very very good move indeed.
Re: Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram by ak47mann(m): 1:17pm On Jan 25, 2012
occupy Nigeria will not see this one,bloody thieves,if is about oil now they will be making noise all over the place even some igbo sell outs are joining them with out knowing that they were being sold out.OCCUPY MY A.S.S cool
Re: Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram by yeyeruzi: 1:26pm On Jan 25, 2012
During the protest against oil subsidy removal the SW and the North protested as well as Nigerians in diaspora where the Youth and the Old participated. The SouthEast did not even join in with the NLC  lead strike. If the SE are more interested in the protest against boko-haram I expect them to leave their shops (that they don't want to leave) for a week and protest rather than leave it to Nigerians in the diaspora since the SW and the North won't protest.

Shameful of those praising the protest against boko-Haram outside Nigeria while going about their normal business but condemning the image of those who protested against the oil subsidy removal.
Re: Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram by yeyeruzi: 1:29pm On Jan 25, 2012
@ak47mann

Make u na sit tight they blame. They did something(occupy Nigeria), what have you and others who blame the subsidy protest done? Or u expect those who don't think like u to fight for you?
Re: Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram by Acidosis(m): 1:52pm On Jan 25, 2012
yeyeruzi:

During the protest against oil subsidy removal the SW and the North protested as well as Nigerians in diaspora where the Youth and the Old participated. The SouthEast did not even join in with the NLC  lead strike. If the SE are more interested in the protest against boko-haram I expect them to leave their shops (that they don't want to leave) for a week and protest rather than leave it to Nigerians in the diaspora since the SW and the North won't protest.

Shameful of those praising the protest against boko-Haram outside Nigeria while going about their normal business but condemning the image of those who protested against the oil subsidy removal.
Re: Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram by Ndata(m): 2:05pm On Jan 25, 2012
@yeyeruzi
During the protest against oil subsidy removal the SW and the North protested as well as Nigerians in diaspora where the Youth and the Old participated. The SouthEast did not even join in with the NLC lead strike. If the SE are more interested in the protest against boko-haram I expect them to leave their shops (that they don't want to leave) for a week and protest rather than leave it to Nigerians in the diaspora since the SW and the North won't protest.

And who told you that south east did not join in the NLC srike.Is N.L.C in the south east different from the others?Dumb assertion.
What they didnt join in was street protest or Ojota music Jamboree type as we saw in OJota.
Re: Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram by yeyeruzi: 2:35pm On Jan 25, 2012
@Ndata

It wasn't my assertion for your information. Most TV reports especially Channels TV gave update report about many areas for all to see. You don't sit down glued to TV stations like NTA and claim to be the most updated about what is going on.Most igbo states especially Anambra went about their normal business activities according to news reports and No igbo man came up to challenge that. Going about normal business activities seems like strike to you?
Re: Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram by Kobojunkie: 2:40pm On Jan 25, 2012
Where are the moderators to kick these silly tribalists into the rubbish where they ought to be?
Re: Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram by yeyeruzi: 2:45pm On Jan 25, 2012
NLC brought all the rallies(including that of occupy Nigeria and save Nigeria's protests) under one platform as it was seen on all news reports but many SE states didn't join in since its not by force. If NLC lead the protest in SW,the North, and some parts of SS with the people's support. What happened to the NLC in SE? No body came out to support NLC's struggle that was what happened.
Re: Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram by executinal(m): 3:13pm On Jan 25, 2012
chino11:

Nigerians in the Netherlands participated in the two-week long #Occupy Nigeria protests. The peaceful protest (Occupy Nigeria, Netherlands) took place at the Embassy of Nigeria in the Hague, Netherlands on January 24th 2012.

The protest was geared towards addressing the ills of the Nigerian nation. Protest organizers said the protest is meant to address wholesale corruption in governance, the senseless killings of innocent Nigerians by Boko Haram, human rights abuses, the high cost of living by the newly introduced pump price of petrol and much more.
they are not NIGERIA OCCUPY boko harams grin grin grin
Re: Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram by 9javoice1(m): 3:36pm On Jan 25, 2012
This is the type of protest we all shall be doing by now.
i dog my cap for them. we want people to come out enmass to protest boko killings of innocent citizens.

lastly for those asking why the southeast didn't rascaly protest during last "occupy nigeria" protest, listen now:

if the east do the rascal protest, the history would have been different by now. many of our people
are already enraged by the hausa/fulani killings of our brothers and sisters. do you know what could have happen?
by now nigeria would have been at war bcuz our youths will be out there killing any hausa/fulani man at sight.

at that time our problem wasn't oil subsidy but boko haram killings bcus we value life more than oil. i hope we are satisfied now.
therefore its better we do a white colar type of protest,from awka,enugu,owerri,umuahia they protested gently while allowing our youth go there business.
if these youths are at home, man! the anger will arise and those shouting why they didn't protest will also be here saying why they take it too far.
Re: Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram by yeyeruzi: 3:48pm On Jan 25, 2012
@9ja voice

Rascally protest indeed. Then let the SE lead the peaceful protest against boko-haram now rather than praising those protesting in diaspora.Let them leave their shops that they are glued to and NOT just put their caps to their chest for an away protest but lead the way in your own country. I see some people with lots of mouth power wanting occupy Nigeria to do that for them. Let us hear about TAKEOVER NIGERIA PEACEFUL PROTEST AGAINST BOKO-HARAM STARTING IN THE SOUTH EAST and all will follow.
Re: Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram by Ndata(m): 4:04pm On Jan 25, 2012
@yeyeruzi. So tell me something did banks and government offices open for normal business in the east?That is what you should focuss on.Yes the traders went about their normal businesses,the artisan,did so.Nlc does not control or dictate to the traders or ordinary citizen not to go about his /her business for his daily bread.
Re: Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram by Ndata(m): 4:06pm On Jan 25, 2012
And if i may ask you,you and your NLC, what did you achieve at the end of the day nothing,but betrayal .
Re: Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram by kizito96(m): 4:14pm On Jan 25, 2012
Thank you Nigerians in Netherland, at least you are making effort
Re: Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram by ak47mann(m): 4:15pm On Jan 25, 2012
I keep saying it,when the protest started, i warn them that they were being used by oil cabals that in a week GMGS will change hands and it happend the way i said it cool
Re: Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram by yeyeruzi: 4:34pm On Jan 25, 2012
@Ndata

So the the government officials,bankers and even Lawyers can't lead a peaceful rally during the strike ?. The strike and protest brought some secrets that Nigerians never new about in the oil industry. OCCUPY NIGERIA, if you ever followed their rally, asserted that their protest was not about subsidy but about corruption in governance which lead Nigeria to where we are to day and that concerns every Nigerian - remove corruption not subsidy.
Re: Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram by yeyeruzi: 4:42pm On Jan 25, 2012
NLC would betray so we should and let corruption thrive based on inherited legacies?

keep praising and do nothing in your homeland. I bet the people who abuse the occupy Nigeria protesters will be the same to condemn the boko-haram rallies if preparations for it is being made since they don't want to leave their shops
Re: Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram by mrperfect(m): 5:20pm On Jan 25, 2012
Well, is a plus.
Re: Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram by houvest: 5:24pm On Jan 25, 2012
More of this please.
Re: Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram by aljharem(m): 5:29pm On Jan 25, 2012
yeyeruzi:

@9ja voice

Rascally protest indeed. Then let the SE lead the peaceful protest against boko-haram now rather than praising those protesting in diaspora.Let them leave their shops that they are glued to and NOT just put their caps to their chest for an away protest but lead the way in your own country. I see some people with lots of mouth power wanting occupy Nigeria to do that for them. Let us hear about TAKEOVER NIGERIA PEACEFUL PROTEST AGAINST BOKO-HARAM STARTING IN THE SOUTH EAST and all will follow.

Gbammmm very well said
Re: Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram by M17: 7:44pm On Jan 25, 2012
WOW WELL THIS IS WELCOME ,STAND UP AND PROTEST BOKO HARAM TERRORIST WHEREVER YOU ARE . YOU NEVER KNOW YOU OR ONE OF YOUR FAMILY MEMBER CAN BE A VICTIM ,SOME BODY NEAREST TO YOU MAY NEVER BE LUCKY TO ESCAPE BOKO HARAM DURING THEIR TERROR ACTIVITY . STAND UP AND PROTEST AGAINST ALJ HAREM BOKO AND HIS RELATIVES
Re: Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram by OneNaira6: 7:48pm On Jan 25, 2012
Some nigerians on NL talk out of their a.sses chei.

yeyeruzi did u miss Abia protest against Boko Haram?
http://www.thetidenewsonline.com/2012/01/23/abia-indigenes-protest-killings-by-boko-haram/

Shame only Abia have done this. SE and Igbo SS region where una dey?
Re: Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram by tpia5: 7:53pm On Jan 25, 2012
Re: Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram by OneNaira6: 7:57pm On Jan 25, 2012
More protest against Boko Haram

In South African protest by

More Abia protest

Finland protest

London protest

Good move.
Our lives are more important than oil and free handouts abeg.
Re: Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram by chino11(m): 8:07pm On Jan 25, 2012
Good works, umunnem no n' America na Europe.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Nairalanders, How's The Heavy Rain At Your End This Morning? / Chelsea Has Appointed Rowan Atkinson As New Manager, Mourino Sacked / Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.