Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,048 members, 7,953,163 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:39 AM

RINGIM HAS BEEN SACKED! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RINGIM HAS BEEN SACKED! (1743 Views)

Biafra: Igbos Want To Reconolize South-South-waziri Ringim / Home Of Former IGP, Hafiz-Ringim Bombed / Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RINGIM HAS BEEN SACKED! by REPSNIG: 12:07pm On Jan 25, 2012
Ringim sacked.

Finally.

Maybe there is hope yet for retardeen
Re: RINGIM HAS BEEN SACKED! by Abali1(m): 12:09pm On Jan 25, 2012
link plz.
Re: RINGIM HAS BEEN SACKED! by Sonofpeace(m): 12:09pm On Jan 25, 2012
SOURCE plz.
Re: RINGIM HAS BEEN SACKED! by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 25, 2012
REP S NIG:

Ringim sacked.

Finally.

Maybe there is hope yet for retardeen

And so what?

Another Incompetent IG will be placed there. Check out their Track Records, They've all been failures.

The Nigeria Police is still a Mess.

The Federal Government is as corrupt as ever

The Judiciary is compromised

Senators only talk for their Belly

Abeg leave talk jare!
Re: RINGIM HAS BEEN SACKED! by sheyguy: 12:14pm On Jan 25, 2012
Link pls.
Re: RINGIM HAS BEEN SACKED! by Beaf: 12:16pm On Jan 25, 2012
Source.
Re: RINGIM HAS BEEN SACKED! by REPSNIG: 12:25pm On Jan 25, 2012
Soory guys, no link or source yet . . . .i have source working inside the presidency, confirmed, the letter of sack and appointment has been prepared . . . Its been just delivered to the IGP . . . . YOU GUYS WILL SOON HEAR THE NEWS!

The new IG is MD Abubakar
Re: RINGIM HAS BEEN SACKED! by GeneralGEJ: 12:26pm On Jan 25, 2012
Beaf:

Source.

Even this my a55 licker is asking for source.  I have sacked him. U have not been eating my sh1t well
Re: RINGIM HAS BEEN SACKED! by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 25, 2012
REP S NIG:

Soory guys, no link or source yet . . . .i have source working inside the presidency, confirmed, the letter of sack and appointment has been prepared . . . Its been just delivered to the IGP . . . . YOU GUYS WILL SOON HEAR THE NEWS!

The new IG is MD Abubakar

Please dont destroy your source. You'll be a useful asset to Us.
Re: RINGIM HAS BEEN SACKED! by 13volts(m): 12:47pm On Jan 25, 2012
MD ABUBAKAR is one of the few police men left with some iota of integrity. His regin as CP LAGOS, PLATEAU AND KANO speak volume of his professionalism
Re: RINGIM HAS BEEN SACKED! by Funkymallam(m): 12:50pm On Jan 25, 2012
Rumour mongering is fast becoming a profession in my dear kontry. Smh
Re: RINGIM HAS BEEN SACKED! by Pukkah: 12:56pm On Jan 25, 2012
The sack or retirement (or whatever) of the utterly inefficient Hafiz Ringim presents the country with yet another opportunity to save the Nigeria Police from an all time low to which it has sunk.

The new Inspector General must be ready to provide a Police Force that can redeem its battered image and protect the lives and properties of citizens.  Mr President must give the IG very clear, specific and time-bound targets to perform.  He must also be ready, in a bid to inspire the much-needed reforms, not to spare both the Ministry of Police Affairs and the Police Service Commission.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-853945.0.html
Re: RINGIM HAS BEEN SACKED! by Acidosis(m): 12:59pm On Jan 25, 2012
I hope this is true
Re: RINGIM HAS BEEN SACKED! by worm(f): 1:07pm On Jan 25, 2012
GeneralGEJ:

Even this my a55 licker is asking for source.  I have sacked him. U have not been eating my sh1t well

^^^
grin grin cheesy
You mean you sacked a whole IG without telling your boys?

@Topic
Ringim have already sacked himself. He is just waiting for it to be announced cheesy

[url]http://pointblanknews.com/new/exclusive/3524-igp-ringim-secretly-moves-property-from-official-residence.html

[/url]
Re: RINGIM HAS BEEN SACKED! by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 25, 2012
GeneralGEJ:

Even this my a55 licker is asking for source.  I have sacked him. U have not been eating my sh1t well
grin grin grin
Re: RINGIM HAS BEEN SACKED! by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 25, 2012
just heard it now
Re: RINGIM HAS BEEN SACKED! by philip0906(m): 5:50pm On Jan 25, 2012
diluminati:

And so what?

Another Incompetent IG will be placed there. Check out their Track Records, They've all been failures.

The Nigeria Police is still a Mess.

The Federal Government is as corrupt as ever

The Judiciary is compromised

Senators only talk for their Belly

Abeg leave talk jare!
+1000
Re: RINGIM HAS BEEN SACKED! by Wily1Wily: 5:53pm On Jan 25, 2012
Ringim is a member of Boko Haram
Re: RINGIM HAS BEEN SACKED! by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 25, 2012
Boko Haram: Jonathan fires IGP Hafiz Ringim

Embattled Inspector General of Police Mr. Hafiz Ringim has been relieved
of his appointment by President Goodluck Jonathan.

Ringim who is due for retirement in the next few weeks, according to
impeccable sources, was finally given the boot on Wednesday following
his inability to tame the rampaging Boko Haram menace.

Ringim's lacklustre tenure in tackling the terrorist activities of the sect
was worsened by the escape of Boko Haram kingpin, Alhaji Kabiru Umar,
alis Sokoto, from Police custody.

President Jonathan who was billed to attend a World Economic Summit
in Davos, Switzerland on Tuesday had to cancel the trip at the last
minute to conclude serial security briefings to allegedly shop for Ringim's
successor.

The out going IGP along with Commissioner of Police Zakari Biu, under
whose custody Umar was kept prior to his escape and sundry police
officers connected with the event are being quizzed at a military formation
in Asokoro District, Abuja.

Meanwhile, a statement issued by the Special Adviser to the president on
Media disclosed that president Jonathan has approved the appointment of
Mr. Mohammed D. Abubakar as Acting Inspector General of Police “as a
first step towards the comprehensive reorganization and repositioning of
the Nigeria Police Force.”

The President also established a Special Committee, headed by the
Chairman of the Police Service Commission, Mr. Parry Osayande to
oversee the urgent reorganization of the Nigeria Police Force.

Source: http://www.africanexaminer.com/ringim0125?utm_source=.Jonathan+fires+IGP+Hafiz+Ringim&utm_campaign=boko+haram+escape&utm_medium=email
Re: RINGIM HAS BEEN SACKED! by eghost247(m): 5:59pm On Jan 25, 2012
Re: RINGIM HAS BEEN SACKED! by Pukkah: 6:10pm On Jan 25, 2012
pine_ed:

The President also established a Special Committee, headed by the
Chairman of the Police Service Commission, Mr. Parry Osayande to
oversee the urgent reorganization of the Nigeria Police Force.

Source: http://www.africanexaminer.com/ringim0125?utm_source=.Jonathan+fires+IGP+Hafiz+Ringim&utm_campaign=boko+haram+escape&utm_medium=email

Nigeria is in dire need of a reorganized, restructured and rejuvenated Police Force. The President should spell out clear and concise target with deadlines for this Special Committee.
Re: RINGIM HAS BEEN SACKED! by OAM4J: 6:24pm On Jan 25, 2012
STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE: PRESIDENT JONATHAN APPOINTS ACTING INSPECTOR-GENERAL OF POLICE

President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has approved the appointment of Mr. Mohammed D. Abubakar as Acting Inspector General of Police as a first step towards the comprehensive reorganization and repositioning of the Nigeria Police Force to make it more effective and capable of meeting emerging
internal security challenges.

Mr. Abubakar who is currently an Assistant Inspector General of Police replaces Mr. Hafiz Ringim who proceeds on terminal leave with effect from today, 25th January 2012.

Born on May 5, 1958, Mr. Abubakar enlisted in the Nigeria Police Force on July 30, 1979. He was the AIG in charge of Zone 12 Headquarters in Bauchi, before his new appointment.

President Jonathan has also approved the retirement of all Deputy Inspectors General of Police with immediate effect. These are: Mrs. Ivy Uche Okoronkwo, DIG POL 2i/c Force Headquarters, Abuja, Mr. Azubuko J. Udah, DIG Administration (“A” Dept), Mr. Sardauna Abubukar, DIG Training (“E” Dept.); Mr. Audu Abubakar, DIG Operations (“B” Dept); Mr. Saleh Abubakar, DIG Works (“C” Dept.) and Mr. Mohammed A. Yesufu, DIG Planning and Info-Tech (“F” Dept.).

The President has also established a Special Committee to oversee the urgent reorganization of the Nigeria Police Force. The committee is to be chaired by the Chairman of the Police Service Commission, Mr. Parry B.O Osayande, DIG (rtd).

Other Members of the Committee are:

1. Mr. Casimir T. Akagbosu, AIG (rtd.), mni

2. Mr. Bashir A. Albasu, AIG (rtd.), fwc.

3. Major Gen. S.N. Chikwe, rtd.

4. Prof. S.D. Mukoro

5. Dr. Fabian Ajogwu, SAN

6. Aisha Larai Tukur

7. Solicitor General of the Federation

8. Permanent Secretary, SSO, Office of the SGF to serve as the Secretary to the Committee

The Committee’s Terms of Reference are as follows:

1. To identify the challenges and factors militating against effective performance in the Nigeria Police Force and make recommendations for addressing the challenges.

2. To examine the scope and standard of training and other personnel development activities in the Police to determine their adequacy or otherwise.

3. To determine the general and specific causes of the collapse of public confidence in the police and recommend ways of restoring public trust in the institution.

4. To examine records of performance of Officers and Men of the Nigeria Police Force with a view to identifying those that can no longer fit into the system due to declining productivity, age, indiscipline, corruption and/or disloyalty;

5. To make any other recommendations for the improvement of the Nigeria Police Force.

The Committee’s recommendations shall be implemented along with those by previous committees set up by Government on the reform of the Nigeria Police Force.

Reuben Abati
Special Adviser to the President
(Media and Publicity)
25 January 2012

(1) (Reply)

Gov Oshiomole Injured In Car Accident. / This Day In History BIAFRA – May 31 1967 – The Age Newspaper Melbourne Australia / Ogbeni Till-day Break With Governor Aregbesola Of Osun State Today By 8 P.m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.