Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar (16159 Views)

Jonathan Appoints Solomon Arase As Acting IGP, Sacks IGP Suleiman Abba / Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation / State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar by dmainboss: 10:50pm On Jan 25, 2012
In as much as I do not subscribe to some of the posts by some northern guys above, I do have to admit that we have some trolls here who think it is fashionable to insult the president. It is becoming really disgusting.
Re: State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar by buzor(m): 11:02pm On Jan 25, 2012
@dmainboss u mean odechukwu?
Re: State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar by dmainboss: 11:14pm On Jan 25, 2012
@buzor, I mean your father! slowpoke!
Re: State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar by Buhari1(m): 11:27pm On Jan 25, 2012
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Justice Niki Tobi panel constituted in September 2001 by former Governor Joshua Dariye on the Jos crisis had recommended the retirement MD Abubakar from the Police force. He ws also with Biu in d airport bomb cover up during Abacha era. D blast that killed Dr Omoshola.

In a White Paper released in Jos, the panel suggested that AIG Abubakar should be dismissed if he refuses to retire.

The panel said: "Religious fanatics should not be posted to head state police commands. The commission recommends that for his ignoble role during the September 2001 crisis which resulted in the loss of lives, the former Commissioner of Police, Plateau State Command, Alhaji M.D. Abubakar, be advised to retire from the Nigeria Police Force and in the event of his refusal to do so, he should be dismissed from the service."

Abubakar from Zamfara State who was indicted twice between 2004 and 2006 by a Jos crises Panel, is alleged to have sponsored some Islamist Militant Group when he was Commissioner of Police in Bauchi and Plateau States.

Is this GEJ blind, deaf and dumb? This is going from frying pan to fire. God luck help us.
Re: State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar by dmainboss: 11:35pm On Jan 25, 2012
^^^ it is you that is blind, deaf and dumb. On top of that, you are st.up.id, ignorant and a bigot
Re: State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar by muyoto: 11:38pm On Jan 25, 2012
for those claiming that Abubakar, apparently being one of them will do a better job. . .well we shall see.
Re: State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar by hillsate: 12:12am On Jan 26, 2012
Guys, why una dey provoke?
The man Jonathan wants to appoint is presently a commissioner of police. it would have been too wrong to bring up a commissioner of police as IGP. Jonathan brought up Abubakar an AIG in an acting capacity to clear off all the DIG's. This will further pave way for the promotion of the commissioner of police to become an AIG then susequently to IGP. Abubakar is only acting and will soon be shown the way out.
Re: State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar by OAM4J: 1:22am On Jan 26, 2012
I am not a fan of GEJ, that said, I have no problem with this appointment.

We all know that Ex Gov Joshua Dariye is himself corrupt and very incompetent. We should not take Justice Niki Tobi panel's report/recommendations as golden.

The situation of Jos as of the time and prolly till now is highly polarized, you are likely going to get different report depending on who you speak with.

What I know is that MD Abubakar is a very competent and intelligent officer judging from his record as Lagos Sate commissioner of Police. I was In Lagos when he was the commissioner of police.
Re: State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar by kizito96(m): 1:33am On Jan 26, 2012
The replacement of Ringim is not the best.
Re: State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar by ak47mann(m): 1:53am On Jan 26, 2012
IGP Ringim: Decorated with Nigeria National Award in November 2011, sacked in January 2012. What does that say about the National Award? cool
Re: State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar by Ttola(m): 2:24am On Jan 26, 2012
all these are fallouts of institutional failures we've had over time, if u can't fathom how GEJ could appoint an indicted police office as the IGP, then I guess ur in the shoes of some of us who can't still figure our how he became president!
Re: State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar by BetaThings: 3:01am On Jan 26, 2012
scopusng:

na waooooo. wetin bi dis?

Ask the congolese watching world cup match when a tanker caught fire
I reckon that you must tell a monumental lie a day
Re: State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar by BetaThings: 3:12am On Jan 26, 2012
milehigh06:

Nigeria in serious trouble with troubled souls like these being allowed to go anywhere near a computer,no one has spoken about his religion but the fact that he is a fanatic,no one would have complained if he was not one,oops i forget,this is Nigeria,nothing is ever done with some sense

Really? Nobody spoke about his religion!
Why can we not be truthful even when the evidence is right before us, fresh and warm?

floriana:

Boko IG go, Boko IG come. Bombing no dey finish.

KnowAll:

I bet Jonathan has a bunch of nincompoop advsing him, how does a known islamist become IGP, NA WAH OH, dem swear for this our President.

These were members of the panel set up by Dariye (state governor, a christian)
And the man was saying the panel, composed of mostly christians, was virtually guaranteed to find against muslims

Hon. Justice Niki Tobi, CON - Chairman
ii. Justice Ismaila Adamu
iii. Barr. Ibrahim Hamman
iv. Barr. Nasiru Goshi
v. Chief (Dr.) Chigozie Njoku
vi. Chief Markus W. Ishaya
vii. Mr. Thomas Didel
viii. Hon. Mali Khandi Dung (Late)
ix. Hon. Mrs. V.K. Umaru
x. Mr. John G. Gobak - Secretary
Re: State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar by dayokanu(m): 3:26am On Jan 26, 2012
dmainboss:

In as much as I do not subscribe to some of the posts by some northern guys above, I do have to admit that we have some trolls here who think it is fashionable to insult the president. It is becoming really disgusting.

You mean we shouldnt call Retarddeen the name him Papa call am?
Re: State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar by BetaThings: 3:37am On Jan 26, 2012
Re: State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar by BetaThings: 3:44am On Jan 26, 2012
dmainboss:

You are trying to eat your cake and have it!
The northerners support Jonathan on this issue. Yet you have to disagree with them because they are Northerners but you cannot disown Jonathan
Of course you would have agreed with the Southerners but you cannot because they are criticising Jonathan on this matter

When Ali Baba publicly said at one of his shows that he went to a Buka and asked for Rice, Beans and Yaradua (ie snail to allude to Yaradua's speed), nobody from SS spoke about insulting the then president

You will have to live with the fact that until you secede Nigerians have always criticised and made jest of their presidents! We would not be treated like North Koreans!
Re: State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar by dmainboss: 4:43am On Jan 26, 2012
@betathings point of correction. Nigerians do not make jest of their president. Bigot yoruba folks in the south west make jest of their president, especially when he is not yoruba. You think the rest of Nigeria behave like lagos folks? You must be very myopic. And for the records, you didn't even understand my post. I am simply saying you yoruba folks think insulting GEJ because he is not ur tribe is cool. Have u ever insulted Tinubu wit all the stealing of Lagos money? Did u insult fashola for increasing LASU school fees by over 1000 percent and by clamping down on innocent protesters? Of course not, because u are a tribal bigot
Re: State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar by BetaThings: 5:08am On Jan 26, 2012
dmainboss:

@betathings point of correction. Nigerians do not make jest of their president. Bigot yoruba folks in the south west make jest of their president, especially when he is not yoruba. You think the rest of Nigeria behave like lagos folks? You must be very myopic. And for the records, you didn't even understand my post. I am simply saying you yoruba folks think insulting GEJ because he is not ur tribe is cool. Have u ever insulted Tinubu wit all the stealing of Lagos money? Did u insult fashola for increasing LASU school fees by over 1000 percent and by clamping down on innocent protesters? Of course not, because u are a tribal bigot

You think I am Yoruba because I live in Lagos
This is not point of correction
It is point of rewriting history
I once personally asked people to stop calling Jonathan names - see below
But to you everyone who is not from SS is an enemy
Nigerians from all over the country abused Yaradua; was it called treason
Treason is offence against the state, not against an individual
Nobody is the same as the state

So Ali Baba is Yoruba?
Do you want me to post jokes sent to me by my Yoruba friends when Obasanjo was president?
Actually I have never believed in insulting presidents
You actually stand accused of what you are saying

I am sure Goldmind is not Yoruba
Gold-mind:

YARADULL lacks federal character in his scheme of appointment.

PRESIDENT-Northwest (Muslim) Already enthroned
CBN GOVERNOR-Nothwest  (Muslim)
FIANANCE MINISTER-Northwest (Muslim)
CUSTOMS COMPTROLLER GENERAL,  say for youreslf

NIGERIANS THINK TWICE.

Sheniqua is from SE
sheniqua:

Obama smokes marlboro,Yaradua smokes Igbo' grin
Obama has an authentic birth certificate,Yaradua has a declaration of age,big difference! grin

obama has more spring in his steps.
yaradua walks around wearing and holding a tent. grin
moreover he wears high heels grin

Na lie, besides Yaradua's 2 hajiyas who knows the others undercover

one taught English,the other taught on how to make kulikuli

no comments on yaradua and charisma.
slow to anger?
the man is ill
what do you expect

Jakumo is not Yoruba. He is from SS and he abused Yaradua while he praises Jonathan
Jakumo:

Much has been said about the DRAMATIC improvement in the supply of grid electrical power to Nigeria over the past few months, but a new thread is still in order, since Jonathan Goodluck has slayed a monster that NO OTHER Nigerian head of state DARED tackle at any time over the past 30 years.

It began virtually the instant President Goodluck took over from the long dead and entirely worthless Ex-President Yar Adua, with lights and electrical appliances flickering to life all over Nigeria for the first time in the living memory of any person less than 30 years old, and now, there flows near 24-hour stable electrical power over vast, long forgotten swathes of a land formerly condemned to permanent darkness.

Evidently, President Goodluck single handedly confronted, defeated and uprooted that profoundly evil gang of criminals who held on to key jobs in the national electrical utility company, exploiting their access to the key equipment for the devious purpose of profiteering from Nigeria's electrical blackout by making sure all electrical outlets remained permanently dead.  With President Goodluck now DIRECTLY running Nigeria's electrical power sector, all the worn-out excuses for the perennial blackout have miraculously vanished overnight.  This accomplishent is almost beyond comprehension, and is without equal in Nigeria's entire history.

If there is a minor regret most Nigerians may quietly harbor in the wake of this astonishing development, it would probably be that those squalid, greedy saboteurs of the country's power supply capability cannot simply be lined up against a wall and shot to pieces in a hail of machinegun fire before an exultant crowd.

All in all, Jonathan Goodluck ALREADY qualifies as Nigeria's MIRACLE MAN, for he has accomplished the seemingly impossible in virtually no time at all.     Bravo Johnny !  You is da MAN !  Take my wife, please !   I would be greatly honored.
Jonathan was acting president at this time

Chosen04 is not Yoruba
chosen04:

AND why is yar'duall still retaining him??

BetaThings:

I am deliberately quoting one of your witty and harmless comments
But my point is this, please stop abusing GEJ and some things associated with him
I am making this request because right now he is the president

Check my posts - I was never under any illusion he is up to the job. He is not
But "he is a christian, he is the only opportunity South South has, God put him there, we are afraid of Buhari etc"
Sometimes you wish only people who can discern should be allowed to vote. But we are stuck with him
His usual defenders have looked in here and cannot mount anything resembling a defence
Otherwise  they would have conjured a path to blame this on Buhari
But personally, I beseech you for the sake of this country and gentlemen like the Pat Utomi, lake Claude Ake, let him be
I should have done PM but I don't know how to use it
Re: State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar by Nobody: 6:03am On Jan 26, 2012
We are seriously deceiving one another with all the "one Nigeria" talk. . .

See how a debate over the suitability of our elected President's choice of IGP has quickly degenerated into a tribal / ethnic war of words

Only military rule will keep this country as one indivisible entity. . .after watching the events of the last 13 years of democracy, my hopes of one Nigeria have all but evaporated
Re: State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar by BetaThings: 6:12am On Jan 26, 2012
^^^
I don't really like talking ethnicity
But suddenly criticising the president is treason! In Nigeria?
We cannot allow that. People should be allowed to say whatever is lawful about the president just like they did against former presidents
And Jonathan has no choice on the matter at hand; He cannot remove Ringim and replace him with a christian or a southerner
Or do people want the SE to give up the heads of Army, Commandant and Staff College and NDA? and take IG?
Or the SS give up the head of SSS?
Re: State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar by nsiadi: 7:00am On Jan 26, 2012
@ Betathings,

Insulting isnt same as criticizing
Even if you have penchant for criticizing we have both constructive & destructive angles
The choice is yours to make
But please allow us to air our observation
We are expecting better things, you can always express yourself without being vulgar
Re: State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar by Viv20009: 7:27am On Jan 26, 2012
The man, MD Abubakar
By Chris Anucha
The Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG) in charge of Zone 12, Bauchi, Mohammed Dikko Abubakar, popularly known as ‘MD Abubakar’ has been appointed as the acting Inspector General of Police. Born on May 5, 1958, MD Abubakar hails from Gusau Local Government Area of Zamfara State. He enlisted into the Force as a Cadet Inspector on August 1, 1979.

The acting IGP, who holds Diploma in Administration and Criminology, has meritoriously served the Nigeria Police in many capacities. Important positions he held in the force include, Assistant Commissioner of Police, State CID, Sokoto Police Command; Assistant Commissioner of Police, Federal Operations, Force Headquarters, Lagos; and Assistant Commissioner of Police, Airport Police Command (MMIA), Lagos. The Acting IG is a committed Crime Fighter (Operational Man) who served as Deputy Commissioner of Police (Administration), Lagos State Police Command.

On his elevation to the position of Commissioner of Police, he served as a substantive Commissioner of Police in charge of many Police Commands across the Federation. Some of these are: Plateau, Abia, Kwara, Kano, Airport and Lagos State Police Commands. Abubakar, while a Police Commissioner in Lagos, was in the habit of paying surprise visits to Commands and Divisional Headquarters at very odd hours. He was also noted for patrolling the city at nights in unofficial vehicles. Sometimes, he disguised himself to be able to catch his men in the act.

An amiable and intelligent officer, he was promoted to the rank of Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG) and he subsequently became the AIG in charge of Zone 2, comprising Lagos and Ogun States. He was also the AIG Zone 5, Benin, comprising of Edo, Delta and Bayelsa States. He was later posted to Zone 6, comprising Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Ebonyi States.
A detribalized Nigerian, before his appointment MD Abubakar is currently AIG in charge of Zone 12, Bauchi.
Re: State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 26, 2012
Nigeria, Nawao!
Re: State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar by BetaThings: 7:42am On Jan 26, 2012
@Nsiadi

If you can show me 1 (just one post) where I have been vulgar
I will apologise for it
Then you will need to apologise for every one of your people's vulgar posts against Yaradua
Personally, I don't believe in abusing people
I criticise and don't abuse people. Your advice is not relevant to me

These should be your targets. But it is too late now since you were ok when people (even from SS) abused president from other parts of the country
or is "entirely worthless" or "smokes Igbo" not vulgar (to use your word)

Jakumo is not Yoruba. He is from SS and he abused Yaradua while he praises Jonathan
Jakumo:

It began virtually the instant President Goodluck took over from the long dead and entirely worthless Ex-President Yar Adua,

Sheniqua is from SE
sheniqua:

Obama smokes marlboro,Yaradua smokes Igbo' grin

But if people did it to Yaradua and you kept quiet
You cannot now complain about vulgarism about Jonathan
He is no greater a president than Yaradua was
Nigerians will not be cowered into treating a president like Kim il Jong
Sorry!
Re: State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar by Lalaska(m): 7:44am On Jan 26, 2012
Ive got a few observations on the appointment of MD Abubakar and the formation of a police reform committee headed by PSC chairman - Osayande.

1. Abati said the committee’s recommendations “shall be implemented along with those by previous committees set up by government on the reform of the police”. Yet a previous recommendation indicted the man you have appointed Acting IG and also recommended him for retirement. How are we sure you will implement the recommendations by this committee?

2. I have 2 points against the appointment of Osayande to head the committee to reform the police - "Osayande, it will be recalled, presided over the PSC to rubberstamp the dismissal of former chairman of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Malam Nuhu Ribadu, from the police." and "PSC, under Osayande, also reinstated Mr. Zakari Biu to the police and promoted him to Commissioner of Police (CP) last year. Biu is currently on suspension over Sokoto’s escape from under his watch as CP in charge of criminal investigations, Zone 7." This bring to question the competence of Osayande to deliver based on precedence".

3. Why appoint someone that was in charge of Bauchi - a crisis prone area, where under his leadership, we are still experiencing periodic bombings and has not demonstrated capacity to curtail BH? If he did not handle BH in Bauchi, how can he handle BH in Nigeria?

I wonder how these people think, God save Nigeria
Re: State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar by nsiadi: 7:51am On Jan 26, 2012
@ Betathings,

Its not abt tribe
Its not abt personality
Its abt cultivating a good habit
Got that !
Re: State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar by BetaThings: 8:00am On Jan 26, 2012
@nsiadi

dmainboss will benefit from your advice
Re: State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar by heywhytech1(m): 8:06am On Jan 26, 2012
God almighty will help us and save us from the hands of these evil and corrupt minded individuals of this our great Nation. How could someone with such a terrible records could be recommended at this agony state of our nation.please give us link as backup for the report.
Re: State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar by Demdem(m): 8:40am On Jan 26, 2012
The strategy of the retardeen is to fight Boko haram with a confirmed Boko haram. I hope the retardeen gets this right this time around. These senseless killings must stop.
Re: State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar by ziccoit: 8:55am On Jan 26, 2012
GEJ should be commended here( mind you, I'm his critic). Nigeria problem is more than all this fire-brigade approach. We all know what becomes of cement ultimatum and the rest.
We need a president who can ensure much needed systemic and institutional changes. Our system is not foolproof. It doesn't work at all.
GEJ is not my president yet. My president is he who would be able to restate a working system.
Re: State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar by sammoR: 9:04am On Jan 26, 2012
M.D Abubakar who ws indicted for Jos killings in 2001 n recommended for dismissal! We r in trouble in dis country if dat is d best person now to lead d police force. How sure are we dat he's not boko haram? Pls southerners its time for us to go back to the south oo. Any crisis now dem go kill us finish. This country must divide.
Re: State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar by nagoma(m): 9:21am On Jan 26, 2012
Tafa Balogun for IGP!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stop Being Unfair, I Never Betrayed Anyone! / Oshiomhole: APC Fixes Emergency NEC Meeting For March 17 / Yahaya Bello: APC Has Performed Far Beyond PDP’s 16-Year Achievement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.