Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,908 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of (23879 Views)

Aftermath Of The Boko Haram Terror In Borno Yesterday (Graphic Pictures) / Pics Of The Boko Haram Members Killed Today & The Foreign Currency Recovered / Boko Haram Story Will Change In Two Weeks – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by Sleekjd(f): 12:36pm On Jan 27, 2012
Is this article written to attract sympathy? They r blood suckink vamp; not afta d christmas day bombin in Madala.

@ deiols, y r u scared of comin to Nigeria? I hope its d day u come that ur lovin Bh ll do wat dey know hw to do best. Nonsense!

The solution is simple, let dis forced marriage be dissovled. Let's d North go joor. I wish d christians amongst dem afta d break up 'Goodluck'

*Boko haram has infiltrated NL!*

Ima Ima:

how will it cause more problems?pls explain

they bliv in the same Allah and are muslims.their pple defend them. pls explain
Gbam!!!
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by justwise(m): 12:38pm On Jan 27, 2012
tpia@:

i havent read the write up yet, but nothing justifies these bombings.

boko haram is blaming theirs on religion.

what is MEND blaming theirs on?

Injustices in the distribution of Niger Delta resources, their demand can be met but how can we meet the demand of a terrorist group?
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by Caseless: 12:40pm On Jan 27, 2012
Tank u,sister deol! This country or any non-existing country dis primitive NLers ar loyalist to,will 4eva rumble because of ballyhoo agitations and response they have 2wards topical issues like dis. Do u tink BH needs ur sympathy? U can keep it, cos d FGN is already invitin dem 2 a round table 4 dialogue. U and i knw dat d gov't cant do anytin 2 bring dem under control, cos every vow 2 bring dem 2 book is followed by a serious attack. Such vows(coments)are: 1. CP in yobe stated dat BH hav bn confided 2 borno alone,then yobe was attackd. 2. Ringim said BH days are numbered and that was also followed by attak on U.N and police hqtrs. 3. Minister of defence said 'BH have been confided 2 north east, then, they attacked kano whch is a northwestern state. I'm sure dis will help some NLers especialy 'frosbel' who is blind to truth,idea,tribalistic and hate ISLAM, Despite the number of muslims dat have died since BH evolution. More than 1000 died and out of this not less than 900 are muslims. ISLAM is peace and muslims love peace. We want them 2 dialogue 4 peace 2 reign, but u can keep ur sympathy,hate ISLAM as u like and keep thinking muslims make some posts 2 win ur sympathy towards ISLAM. Again Just keep it! As u can see BH appear now 2 b the winners(thou,earlier they were d vanquished by d npf). And if u dont know, a BISHOP from borno was once among the list of people who have bailed the late leader of the group from police custody. And who told u if sharia is implemented it will affect d non-muslims in the 1st place? To islamise nigeria is not possible,except by GOD'S grace and i'm very sure, that wil not be a part of what they'll stand on. I'm sure some of u dont know what's on, "OH lord 4give dem 4 they dont know right from wrong" a prayer from a C.A.N member during their visit 2 madalla's church attackd on xmas day. We need such pastors 2 keep us goin as a nation. Again, deol thanks 4 da post and may GOD bless nigeria!
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by adamaw2tuf: 12:43pm On Jan 27, 2012
ku ba ni hutu sabo da allah.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by LagosBoi2(m): 12:45pm On Jan 27, 2012
frosbel:

Oh please , spare us the trouble of reading this nonsense !!

Because it directly targets your myopic reasoning without objections.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by deols(f): 12:54pm On Jan 27, 2012
@sleekjd, i wasnt taught to wish u dead So I wont.

@ caseless, u said it all.

@Ima Ima, u need to explain whom their brothers and sisters are. To start with, Alhaji Dokubo Asari is a muslim, u prolly want to move his family out of Niger-Delta. 50% of the south-west are Muslims, i wonder what you want to do to them. And there are Northern christians too. obviously u ddnt give that much thoughts.

Many pple here wld b worse than bokoharam pple given the same opportunity. Your hate is a time bomb, soon to explode.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by nasty45(m): 12:55pm On Jan 27, 2012
If boko boys want my objectivity.they shd go and bomb mosque.i lost alot of frnds to ds incessant bombings and hr u tellin me abt dialogue?u av no idea wt i meant to loose sb.I HATE IT WEN I COM BK TO THIS THREAD
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 27, 2012
deols:

@Ima Ima, u need to explain whom their brothers and sisters are. To start with, Alhaji Dokubo Asari is a muslim, u prolly want to move his family out of Niger-Delta. 50% of the south-west are Muslims, i wonder what you want to do to them. And there are Northern christians too. obviously u ddnt give that much thoughts.

Many pple here wld b worse than these bokoharam pple given the same opportunity. Your hate is a time bomb, soon to explode.

Deols I have to bring you back to the topic , nobody is against talks, but :

1. talks only for those with no innocent blood on their hands.

To actually suggest that murderers should go free is despicable

2. Those who have no blood on their hands can be reasoned with to leave their wicked ways

3. Others should be discouraged from joining

4. Provide them with education education and education, though this in itself is no gurantee that they will not resort to violence

5. Help them economically

6. Compensate all the victims of their atrocities with 10m Naira each.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by maasoap(m): 1:01pm On Jan 27, 2012
@Point B, are you truly making a case for Nigeria Police Force in self defence when they're known for their excessive brutality? You have to drop that line of defence, it's simply lame. Infact, the second day of that incident was day I became aware of this sect. NPF actually put us in this mess we find ourselves today as a result of their senseless killings. And I'm happy that today, they too are not left out.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by chinnyonwu(m): 1:04pm On Jan 27, 2012
The more I read these craps about Boko boiz, I get angrier. The BokohHaram refered to in this thread is long gone. pls, who doesn't know that the present BokoHaram is political? Where did they get all the money they have been using for bombs, paying the suicide bombers' families, cars to plant bombs in, training, salary payment and others? A group that was harmless and had no activites had that much money? And what concerns bombing of Churches and UN building with their brothers killed??
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by LagosBoi2(m): 1:04pm On Jan 27, 2012
frosbel:

The pastor was speaking for himself not for me, I have not called anyone to arms, and never will.

Now we are talking here about the killing of almost 1000 people and you are advocating that they are freed and pardoned  undecided undecided

What about the bereaved families.

Anyway my suggestion is :

1. Kill the source , by which I mean prevent further recruitment. This will be achieved by talks with local imams , family heads and then providing them with incentives and a proper education on the cons of such behavior to enable them make more informed and civil choices.

2. Arrest the current members who were responsible for the murders

3. Pardon the rest

4. Then talks can start , but on what basis, you tell me.

You sit in the Uk yarning dust, what about the families of the innocent lives killed in B-H raid by joint task force, so those ones does not have bereaved families as well?

1. Kill the source , by which I mean prevent further recruitment. This will be achieved by talks with local imams , family heads and then providing them with incentives and a proper education on the cons of such behavior to enable them make more informed and civil choices.

It shows you don't even understand the whole situation, I now understand why your reasoning revolves round a circle.  How do you kill the source? How do you want to talk to imams under bombing raids? How do you educate family heads when their youths are been killed by JTF? especially when many sympathize with BH? How do you want to educate without security, BH will punk your ass.

wake up to reality, you appear dumb and confused !. You don't even understand anything !.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by deols(f): 1:05pm On Jan 27, 2012
nasty45:

If boko boys want my objectivity.they shd go and bomb mosque.i lost alot of frnds to ds incessant bombings and hr u tellin me abt dialogue?u av no idea wt i meant to loose sb.I HATE IT WEN I COM BK TO THIS THREAD

am sorry about ur friends. I av shed tears too after seeing some of d attacks but u sure dont wanna lose more friends. U thnk killing them is justified because of ur friends just like dey thnk killing is justified because of their members's death. This will only lead to a vicious cycle and that should be avoided by every means possible.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by norrisman: 1:08pm On Jan 27, 2012
Bigotry is why some people will support Mend terrorism and critisize BH terrorism.

Mandela was labelled a terrorist and infact cordinated the planting of bombs that killed bread winners. But dialogue won in the end. The Americans till date continue to negotiate with the Taliban in Afghanistan.

I am a Xtian by the way who sees everyone as human beings.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 27, 2012
Lagos_Boi:

You sit in the Uk yarning dust, what about the families of the innocent lives killed in B-H raid by joint task force, so those ones does not have bereaved families as well?

It shows you don't even understand the whole situation, I now understand why your reasoning revolves round a circle.  How do you kill the source? How do you want to talk to imams under bombing raids? How do you educate family heads when their youths are been killed by JTF? especially when many sympathize with BH? How do you want to educate without security, BH will punk your Bottom.

wake up to reality, you appear dumb and confused !. You don't even understand anything !.

I can sense that you are a Boko Haram Sympathiser and as such do not really expect a logical train of thought.

Suffice me to say though , that your Boko Haram brothers killed innocent people for no reason at all , and folk like you are suggesting they go scot-free and we have dialogue with them instead.

BTW, I also mentioned muslims victims, who also must be compensated, obviously in your parochial   line of reasning this did not catch your eye.

Summarily , all terrorists must be tried before a tribunal and jailed for life , if they have shed innocent blood.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by norrisman: 1:11pm On Jan 27, 2012
frosbel:

Summarily , all terrorists must be tried before a tribunal and jailed for life , if they have shed innocent blood.

Including Nelson Mandela, your hero?
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by LagosBoi2(m): 1:14pm On Jan 27, 2012
frosbel:

Answer: How possible? Police and Army have blood on their hands too? what do you say to that?

Q: To actually suggest that murderers should go free is despicable

A: This will not be the first time it will happen, It is called Amnesty

2. Those who have no blood on their hands can be reasoned with to leave their wicked ways

Every Govt has blood on it hands likewise rabels, To prevent more bloodshed is what we are talking about here.

How do you discourage them?

4. Provide them with education education and education, though this in itself is no gurantee that they will not resort to violence

How do you provide education with bad governance? how is present education system like? ASSU strike here and there? do you understand what you are saying at all?

What they have been unable to do for years will now be possible now?

will that be from your parents account or your 50pound acct? even NYSC members killed did not get the 5m promised.

You know noting about Nigeria, I doubt if you are Nigerian maybe you are Somali.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by ImaIma1(f): 1:16pm On Jan 27, 2012
deols:

Many pple here wld b worse than bokoharam pple given the same opportunity. Your hate is a time bomb, soon to explode.

i said MUSLIMS, that means muslims, whether northern or southern. northern CHRISTIANS are not muslims.u said it urself.so get the difference.there are no sentiments here.

they read d same quoran and believe in Allah. whether they r yorubas, hausas or ibos, ISLAM is ISLAM
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by shabbie(m): 1:17pm On Jan 27, 2012
frosbel:

I can sense that you are a Boko Haram Sympathiser and as such do not really expect a logical train of thought.

Suffice me to say though , that your Boko Haram brothers killed innocent people for no reason at all , and folk like you are suggesting they go scot-free and we have dialogue with them instead.

BTW, I also mentioned muslims victims, who also must be compensated, obviously in your parochial   line of reasning this did not catch your eye.

This is how far an-eye-for-an-eye has brought us.
Frosbel, you want the negotiation be done by people without blood on their hands? Tell me who will seat on the other side of the table? remember let he without sin cast the first stone.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 27, 2012
norrisman:

Bigotry is why some people will support Mend terrorism and critisize BH terrorism.

Mandela was labelled a terrorist and infact cordinated the planting of bombs that killed bread winners. But dialogue won in the end.

I am a Xtian by the way who sees everyone as human beings.

Point 1 : Mandela fought for a JUST Cause.  His people were enslaved in their own LAND.

Point 2. Mandela did not order the killings and masscares of white civilians , ONLY the military were targeted

Point 3. Mandela did not state a list of unreasonable demands for the governemnt to meet

Point 4. Mandela called for reconciliation after his realease not segregation according to tribe or religion

It is an Insult to compare Boko Haram to the ANC struggle.

As for the Niger Delta militants , as bad as they were, they NEVER advocvated for the bombing of homes, churches,mosques or public buildings.

In fact the car bomb that went off in Abuja was preceded by a 15 minute warning. The other bombs, again , as despicable and wicked as they were, targeted government officials and or buildings.

Let us be careful to examine the FACTs and stop these rash comments.

Every terrorism is bad, but the terrorism that deliberately targets innocent children and women has to beat the others hands down.

The Americans till date continue to negotiate with the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Yeah sure , as drones kill more of their leaders on a daily basis grin

Seriosuly, do you guys read or watch the news at all undecided

1 Like

Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by deols(f): 1:19pm On Jan 27, 2012
frosbel:

To actually suggest that murderers should go free is despicable

u sound very convinced ds will solve it. How do u separate those wvout blood on their hands from others.every other thing I agree will help.

And u mentioned arresting current members. Dont forget dat is only achievable wv force. Wont that lead to more casualties??
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by LagosBoi2(m): 1:26pm On Jan 27, 2012
frosbel:

Yes, that is what it will result to, When someone is not bias and sincere the person will for sure be labeled terrorist/ BH . Tell me my points are wrong and explain why. You should learn from my points instead of suggesting i am BH, So everyone who does not share your dirty ideology is a sympathizer to BH.  Dumb a-ss brain.  I know you will be in your teens and possible was not born here in Nigeria, You know noting about this country. I was in Lagos and grew up here and i know politics in my country.

Do you think there is a competent justice system here? maybe the police who wants to keep suspect, the ones that freed the Christmas bomber? you are definitely a foreigner. Somali like i suggested.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by norrisman: 1:27pm On Jan 27, 2012
frosbel:

Point 1 : Mandela fought for a JUST Cause.  His people were enslaved in their own LAND.

Point 2. Mandela did not order the killings and masscares of white civilians , ONLY the military were targeted

Point 3. Mandela did not state a list of unreasonable demands for the governemnt to meet

1. are the palestinians fighting a just cause then. since ther land was taken away from then in 1945 and they remain enslaved in their own land?

2. The people that targeted the USS Cole and US military installations in Dhahran, S.Arabia are clearly not terrorists in your book.

3. Whys is it unreasonable to ask for Sharia law in your own land?
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by LagosBoi2(m): 1:28pm On Jan 27, 2012
deols:

u sound very convinced ds will solve it. How do u separate those wvout blood on their hands from others.every other thing I agree will help.

And u mentioned arresting current members. Dont forget dat is only achievable wv force. Wont that lead to more casualties??

MAY GOD BLESS YOU !!! he/she is confused.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 27, 2012
Lagos_Boi:

MAY GOD BLESS YOU !!! he/she is confused.

Lol.   grin grin

What GOD, is it the GOD in whose name they perpetuate these crimes or is this the GOD that says ' Thou shall not Kill '.

Even if they get away with murder in the here and now , they will surely pay for it one day, mark my word.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by coogar: 1:35pm On Jan 27, 2012
the only solution is to extinguish the vermins.
you cannot dialogue with extremists - they are unreasonable.

law enforcers in the north know boko haram, they know their camps, the villages harbouring them, their operations.
just go there, arrest the traditional rulers of those villages, raze the village down. . . .like obasanjo did in odi.

boko haram would become history.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 27, 2012
norrisman:

1. are the palestinians fighting a just cause then. since ther land was taken away from then in 1945 and they remain enslaved in their own land?

The Palestinians have every right to ask for their land back. But killing civilians is not the solution, let them carry their fight to the soilders, to the UN.

But allow me ask , with your logic, how does this fit into Boko Haram situation, since Boko Haram has not been chased out of any land and are not therefore fighting for land.

2. The people that targeted the USS Cole and US military installations in Dhahran, S.Arabia are clearly not terrorists in your book.

That is your projected implication not mine.

Of course they are terrorists.

Again , did they kill innocent women and children , and do they continue to do so today ?

3. Whys is it unreasonable to ask for Sharia law in your own land?

Sharia for the Muslims ONLY.

In Kano for example there are millions of non-muslims who do not want Sharia, why impose your beliefs on them  

Sharia for Muslims only is fine.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by LagosBoi2(m): 1:39pm On Jan 27, 2012
frosbel:

Lol.   grin grin

What GOD, is it the GOD in whose name they perpetuate these crimes or is this the GOD that says ' Thou shall not Kill '.

Even if they get away with murder in the here and now , they will surely pay for it one day, mark my word.

Your message is meant for those with blood on their hands, lol   grin Not me because i am a Christian and i have never killed before. Huubiii shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by norrisman: 1:40pm On Jan 27, 2012
coogar:

law enforcers in the north know boko haram, they know their camps, the villages harbouring them, their operations.
just go there, arrest the traditional rulers of those villages, raze the village down. . . .like obasanjo did in odi.

Wishfil thinking. Short of using a nuclear bomb, how do you expect the incompetent Nigerian military to achieve this when the mighty US failed woefully in places like Vietnam, Somalia and Afghanistan?
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by shabbie(m): 1:41pm On Jan 27, 2012
coogar:

You don't know anything about Odi. If you do you won't wish it for people again. The Army killed every able bodied man there, raped their wives, mothers and daughters.
Did that solve the problem? MEND became more sophisticated and dangerous. They retreated into the swamps and caused mayhem, even the economy felt it.
The same goverment had to dialogue to bring the menace to an end.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by Sleekjd(f): 1:42pm On Jan 27, 2012
deols:

Ooops, did I wish u dead? NO! I only said wat 'if',  U seem so defensive of them(BH) so u shudnt be scared of dia bomb or bullet, u r immune to it  grin
coogar:

Spot on! Bloody fanatics
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by LagosBoi2(m): 1:43pm On Jan 27, 2012
@frosbel ----Again , did they kill innocent women and children , and do they continue to do so today ?

So Americans/Israelis don't kill women and children too? that should make them terrorists don't you think so?
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by kpolli(m): 1:44pm On Jan 27, 2012
If I remember well, b4 the army went to kill the Boko haram members, they struck first. . . . pls why did the writer leave this out we are not all dumb

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku, PDP Governors And Realignments Ahead 2023 Polls / Ini Okopido Is Dead! Akwa Ibom APC Chairman Dies Of Multiple Organ Failure / Five Terrorist Groups Now Competing For Blood Of Innocent Nigerians – Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.