Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of (23885 Views)

Aftermath Of The Boko Haram Terror In Borno Yesterday (Graphic Pictures) / Pics Of The Boko Haram Members Killed Today & The Foreign Currency Recovered / Boko Haram Story Will Change In Two Weeks – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by deols(f): 1:45pm On Jan 27, 2012
justwise:

About what? Stopping Western Education? Islamising Nigeria? Can we meet their demands?

i doubt that a dialogue would entail that. They afterall were only preaching their ideals before the attacks on them,according to d above.
Ima Ima:

i said MUSLIMS, that means muslims, whether northern or southern. northern CHRISTIANS are not muslims.u said it urself.so get the difference.there are no sentiments here.

they read d same quoran and believe in Allah. whether they r yorubas, hausas or ibos, ISLAM is ISLAM
EOD. Ds is d best u can come up wv?? Cant be wasting my time wv u
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 27, 2012
Lagos_Boi:

@frosbel ----Again , did they kill innocent women and children , and do they continue to do so today ?

So Americans/Israelis don't kill women and children too? that should make them terrorists don't you think so?

You are so intelligent  grin , in your logic if Americans kill innocent babies and women, then what are we waiting for , we can do even better  grin grin grin
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by coogar: 1:47pm On Jan 27, 2012
norrisman:

Wishfil thinking. Short of using a nuclear bomb, how do you expect the incompetent Nigerian military to achieve this when the mighty US failed woefully in places like Vietnam, Somalia and Afghanistan?

wishful thinking because we have a brainless twerp for a president.
the most spineless leader on the face of africa.

shabbie:

You don't know anything about Odi. If you do you won't wish it for people again. The Army killed every able bodied man there, violated their wives, mothers and daughters.

that is how to deal with unreasonable group of people.
you meet fire with more firepower. evil vs evil.

Did that solve the problem? MEND became more sophisticated and dangerous. They retreated into the swamps and caused mayhem, even the economy felt it.
The same goverment had to dialogue to bring the menace to an end.

it solved the problem under obsasanjo regime.
mend came back when yaradua came into power. . . . .

they were merely a university secret cult group from 1999 to 2007 when obasanjo was the boss! who dem be?
you think obasanjo or any of the ex military dictators would condone boko haram? abacha would have nuked those states back to the ashes.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by zeeleso(f): 1:47pm On Jan 27, 2012
Reading through the first page of most posts on NL is quite exhausting. All the tribal and religious bashing. *sigh*

kpolli:

If I remember well, b4 the army went to kill the Boko haram members, they struck first. . . . pls why did the writer leave this out we are not all dumb
Prove it.

Anyone who can prove that Boko Haram attacked before "operation flush" clashed with them during a funeral should do so
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by kpolli(m): 1:52pm On Jan 27, 2012
zeeleso:

Reading through the first page of most posts on NL is quite exhausting. All the tribal and religious bashing. *sigh*
Prove it.

Anyone who can prove that Boko Haram attacked before "operation flush" clashed with them during a funeral should do so

I said b4 the army not police attacked them. . . .
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by norrisman: 1:54pm On Jan 27, 2012
frosbel:

The Palestinians have every right to ask for their land back. But killing civilians is not the solution, let them carry their fight to the soilders, to the UN.

But allow me ask , with your logic, how does this fit into Boko Haram situation, since Boko Haram has not been chased out of any land and are not therefore fighting for land.

it has nothing to do with BH but a lot to do with you seperating terrorists into Good (MEND, Mandela) and bad (BH, Al- Qaeda)

That is your projected implication not mine.

Of course they are terrorists.

Again , did they kill innocent women and children , and do they continue to do so today ?

Good, we are getting somehwere. You are begining to see that there is no such thing as a good terrorist. So if the govt can negotiate with MEND, a known terrorist group, I see no reason why they cant to the same with BH

Sharia for the Muslims ONLY.

In Kano for example there are millions of non-muslims who do not want Sharia, why impose your beliefs on them  

Sharia for Muslims only is fine.

Not everyone in S. Arabia is a muslim but it is an Isamic state. If you smuggle drugs to S.Arabia, you are tried under sharia. If i believed in Shango or some other native god, can I ask the Nigerian government not to impose its western form of government on me? it is imposible as there as to be some form of consensus which is why people try to practise democracy. They have asked for sharia, The government should carry out a referendum and if people say No, then its goodbye sharia but if people say yes, then it is sharia. MEND fought and the oil producing states now get more money. why should they get more money, after all we are ''one'' Nigeria.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by norrisman: 1:58pm On Jan 27, 2012
kpolli:

If I remember well, b4 the army went to kill the Boko haram members, they struck first. . . . pls why did the writer leave this out we are not all dumb

Did you watch the video? the people being murdered by the army in the video on page 1 do not look like BH members to me. Even if they were, when an army uses the same methods as a terrorist group, they become terrorists themselves.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by coogar: 1:59pm On Jan 27, 2012
norrisman:

Good, we are getting somehwere. You are begining to see that there is no such thing as a good terrorist. So if the govt can negotiate with MEND, a known terrorist group, I see no reason why they cant to the same with BH

except that mend did not bomb mosques or put innocent lives at risk in their own time.
they simply attacked government projects, damaged oil pipes and kidnapped foreign workers(0 casualty).

boko haram have killed men, women and children that are innocent.
there's a difference between the operation of both groups except of course you are a neophyte. . . .
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by norrisman: 2:01pm On Jan 27, 2012
coogar:

except that mend did not bomb mosques or put innocent lives at risk in their own time.
they simply attacked government projects, damaged oil pipes and kidnapped foreign workers(0 casualty).

boko haram have killed men, women and children that are innocent.
there's a difference between the operation of both groups except of course you are a neophyte. . . .

So there are good and bad terrorists? All the MEND armed robbery casualties were soldiers abi? All the people that died in Abuja on independence day were soldiers abi. So soldiers guearing the countrys installatios are not innocent abi?
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by LagosBoi2(m): 2:05pm On Jan 27, 2012
norrisman:

So there are good and bad terrorists? All the MEND armed robbery casualties were soldiers abi? All the people that died in Abuja on independence day were soldiers abi. So soldiers guearing the countrys installatios are not innocent abi?

lol, I laugh in Chinese grin cheesy smiley grin wink
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by LagosBoi2(m): 2:07pm On Jan 27, 2012
norrisman:

Did you watch the video? the people being murdered by the army in the video on page 1 do not look like BH members to me. Even if they were, when an army uses the same methods as a terrorist group, they become terrorists themselves.

If i were gay, I wud ask for your help, I love you. you nail them down !.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by coogar: 2:09pm On Jan 27, 2012
norrisman:

there's no good/bad terrorists! however, the idealism of a terrorist group should be ethical.

i can understand why mend was against the government. till now, i cannot understand what boko haram want from the government.
what's there to dialogue with this bunch of murderers? mend were against the pollution of their environment plus the fact that government activities on their soil has rendered the people destitute.

what is the federal government doing in the north that is irking boko haram?
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by norrisman: 2:18pm On Jan 27, 2012
coogar:

there's no good/bad terrorists! however, the idealism of a terrorist group should be ethical.

i can understand why mend was against the government. till now, i cannot understand what boko haram want from the government.
what's there to dialogue with this bunch of murderers? mend were against the pollution of their environment plus the fact that government activities on their soil has rendered the people destitute.

what is the federal government doing in the north that is irking boko haram?

I am afraid terrorist and ethical can not go together in the same sentence. Ethical terrorist is an oxymoron.

If MEND was against pollution, why hasnt the pollution stopped? (http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2011/dec/22/nigerian-shell-oil-spill) the story in the link tells you about the worst oil spill in Nigeria in over a decade. MEND members were just out to get their own share of the National cake.

BH say they want sharia (sounds reasonable to me) and do not want western education (completely dumb and they have the choice of not sending their wards to western schools). In a democracy, you can ask for anything. It just has to be debated, you cannot reject it outright, no matter how dumb it sounds. I am sure you have heard of people in the west asking for the most ridiculous of man made religions like Jedi to be accepted by the state.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 27, 2012
norrisman:

I am afraid terrorist and ethical can not go together in the same sentence. Ethical terrorist is an oxymoron.

If MEND was against pollution, why hasnt the pollution stopped? (http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2011/dec/22/nigerian-shell-oil-spill) the story in the link tells you about the worst oil spill in Nigeria in over a decade. MEND members were just out to get their own share of the National cake.

[b]BH say they want sharia (sounds reasonable to me) [/b]and do not want western education (completely dumb and they have the choice of not sending their wards to western schools). In a democracy, you can ask for anything. It just has to be debated, you cannot reject it outright, no matter how dumb it sounds. I am sure you have heard of people in the west asking for the most ridiculous of man made religions like Jedi to be accepted by the state.

Nigeria is a secular state.

Sharia was only a political tool created to destabliise Obasanjo' regime.

Besdies Sharia is an intolerant, backward, stone age system of life.

What !!!

Cutting of hands, beheadings, public beatings etc.

You must be out of your mind.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 27, 2012
nigeria need help cry
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by shabbie(m): 2:30pm On Jan 27, 2012
frosbel:

Nigeria is a secular state.

Sharia was only a political tool created to destabliise Obasanjo' regime.

What !!!

And your own method of jungle justice for boko haram sounds better, Heh?
Like he said, it is a democratic state , they have a right to demand for anything, it is the government that decides through dialogue if they can get it or not.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by Wexelion(m): 2:31pm On Jan 27, 2012
I pity them small but what about the killings in jos and the church bombings?
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 27, 2012
shabbie:

And your own method of jungle justice for boko haram sounds better, Heh?
Like he said, it is a democratic state , they have a right to demand for anything, it is the government that decides through dialogue if they can get it or not.

You call the arresting and trial of Boko Haram members and their sponsors and putting them into prison if found guilty Jungle Justice undecided
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by coogar: 2:36pm On Jan 27, 2012
norrisman:

I am afraid terrorist and ethical can not go together in the same sentence. Ethical terrorist  is an oxymoron.

BH say they want sharia (sounds reasonable to me) and do not want western education (completely dumb and they have the choice of not sending their wards to western schools). In a democracy, you can ask for anything. It just has to be debated, you cannot reject it outright, no matter how dumb it sounds. I am sure you have heard of people in the west asking for the most ridiculous of man made religions like Jedi to be accepted by the state.

stop making your own arguments, boko haram fan boy.
i said the idealism must be ethical. . .

who is a terrorist? any individual or group of individuals who use violence to achieve their political goals
it is what they fight for that has to be reasonable not the group. . . . .bend your head around that!

that boko haram wants to impose sharia on 160 million nigerians is dumb, unreasonable and disgustingly foolish!
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by norrisman: 2:36pm On Jan 27, 2012
frosbel:

What !!!

Just as backward as sentencing a man to death by hanging for stealing a car stereo or maybe a quicker way firing squad. in the US a supposedly tolerant, forward, mordern sysrtem of life, they even use letha injection and sometimes they fry you (electric chair)

Our secular system of government that entrenches corruption where a ''microscopic few who have piloted the affairs of the country live in peasanted luxury and propensit solititude'' and the majority die in poverty. a system which orders its security forces to summarilly execute  people. A system which wipes out whole towns (Odi & Zaki biam). The list goes on.

I do not support sharia and I'll be honest and say I'll be the first to skip town if sharia was implemented where I lived but maybe these BH guys have had enough of secular governments failure and just wish to try something else out. Like I said earlier, there is no such thing as a dumb request in democracy. Nigeria is secular state but remember we passed a law banning homosexuality based on our christian and muslim moral values.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by coogar: 2:40pm On Jan 27, 2012
norrisman:

Just as backward as sentencing a man to death by hanging for stealing a car stereo or maybe a quicker way firing squad. in the US a supposedly tolerant, forward, mordern sysrtem of life, they even use letha injection and sometimes they fry you (electric chair)

Our secular system of government that entrenches corruption where a ''microscopic few who have piloted the affairs of the country live in peasanted luxury and propensit solititude'' and the majority die in poverty. a system which orders its security forces to summarilly execute  people. A system which wipes out whole towns (Odi & Zaki biam). The list goes on.

I do not support sharia and I'll be honest and say I'll be the first to skip town if sharia was implemented where I lived but maybe these BH guys have had enough of secular governments failure and just wish to try something else out. Like I said earlier, there is no such thing as a dumb request in democracy. Nigeria is secular state but remember we passed a law banning homosexuality based on our christian and muslim moral values.

nigeria is not a secular state - it's a multi-religious nation.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by shabbie(m): 2:42pm On Jan 27, 2012
frosbel:

You call the arresting and trial of Boko Haram members and their sponsors and putting them into prison if found guilty Jungle Justice undecided

Yes. If that is what the constitution/law recommends; then that is justice!
But you insisting it should be an eye-for-an-eye still, I like you Christ-like attitude mate. NOT!
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by Wexelion(m): 2:46pm On Jan 27, 2012
coogar:

stop making your own arguments, boko haram fan boy.
i said the idealism must be ethical. . .

who is a terrorist? any individual or group of individuals who use violence to achieve their political goals
it is what they fight for that has to be reasonable not the group. . . . .bend your head around that!

that boko haram wants to impose sharia on 160 million nigerians is dumb, unreasonable and disgustingly foolish!
full stop.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by norrisman: 2:46pm On Jan 27, 2012
coogar:

nigeria is not a secular state - it's a multi-religious nation.

You are a joker. The constitution says Nigeria is a secular state where people are free to practise their faiths within the confines of the law without fear of persecution.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by deols(f): 2:51pm On Jan 27, 2012
@norrisman, people like u are rare in Nigeria. They see d truth starring at their faces and choose to look elsewhere. if this is a democracy, like u said, pple shld b able to ask for what they want.

I av said it again and again that pple like frosbel would do worse than boko haram if they av their way. They would enforce what they deem right and disallow what they term babaric by all means.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by uddukes: 2:59pm On Jan 27, 2012
This fallacious statement about America negotiating with taliban is being taken out of context. Look at the scenerio,a group of bare-faced terrorist inspired by osama bin laden and hosted by the taliban attacked America for unclear reasons(just like Boko haram).American mourn their dead went back to their drawing board and launched a co-ordinated security operation both a home and abroad including attacking afganistan(for which some innocent christains were slaughtered in kano - i am a witness).Homeland security was set -up and all that was involved in 9/11 attack are either dead or in guantanamo bay.As a result of this well planned security response of bringing to justice all terrorist action American has gone 10 good years without one single bomb by al-queda despite all attempt.This is how great countries are made.The discussion with taliban is just in the interest of democracy in Afganistan which the US promotes as a foreign policy.Negotiating with boko haram will prospone the evil day trust me
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by coogar: 2:59pm On Jan 27, 2012
norrisman:

You are a joker. The constitution says Nigeria is a secular state where people are free to practise their faiths within the confines of the law without fear of persecution.

there's a huge disconnect between what's written in your constitution and the reality on ground. i expect someone like you to know that.

nigeria is not a secular state. . . .if it is, a certain religious group would not attempt to impose their religious beliefs on 160 million nigerians. can you see such happening in the united states, the united kingdom or the other true secular states? no chance!

in nigeria, the secularity that is supposed to be unbiased and neutral has been severely compromised. there's no secularity in the political institutions and therefore it's unable to produce social capital among the citizenry. the secularism in nigeria is a liability instead of an asset that the constitution describes it to be.

in a nutshell, we are a multi-religious state.
anyone who believes otherwise is deluded.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 27, 2012
OH MY GOD! ARE SOME FOOL REALLY TRYING TO JUSTIFY BOKO HARAM FOR REAL ? IF SO THEN YOU ARE THE WORST HUMAN BEING ON EARTH,

like it or not, terrorist group or whatever has come to stay as far as islam is concern in Nigeria. The option is to invite western countries army into this case but lets even take countries that has did the same and ask, did terrorism stop there ? hell no!  instead the case worsen, i dont actually know if ppl see muslim as i see them? their mode of thinking is totally different from ordinary ppl. So Nigeria govt should never worry about dialogue! terrorism has come to stay! guys get it into your skulls

my suggestion is that if actually they want arabian law/sharia or whatever to their states, then why not? give them what they want afterall they are the majority there and let there be peace for goodness sake! the christians there are minority, remember guys we are in Democracy and the majority got the decision so why the phuck will there own be different instead of ppl dying like cows. My fellow christians up there dont get mad at me, if actually that some americans or christians can live in arab countries and obey their law, why not northern Nigeria.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 27, 2012
OH MY GOD! ARE SOME FOOL REALLY TRYING TO JUSTIFY BOKO HARAM FOR REAL ? IF SO THEN YOU ARE THE WORST HUMAN BEING ON EARTH,

like it or not, terrorist group or whatever has come to stay as far as islam is concern in Nigeria. The option is to invite western countries army into this case but lets even take countries that has did the same and ask, did terrorism stop there ? hell no! instead the case worsen, i dont actually know if ppl see muslim as i see them? their mode of thinking is totally different from ordinary ppl. So Nigeria govt should never worry about dialogue! terrorism has come to stay! guys get it into your skulls

my suggestion is that if actually they want arabian law/sharia or whatever to their states, then why not? give them what they want afterall they are the majority there and let there be peace for goodness sake! the christians there are minority, remember guys we are in Democracy and the majority got the decision so why the phuck will there own be different instead of ppl dying like cows. My fellow christians up there dont get mad at me, if actually that some americans or christians can live in arab countries and obey their law, why not northern Nigeria.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by coogar: 3:08pm On Jan 27, 2012
Toaskarity:

like it or not, terrorist group or whatever has come to stay as far as islam is concern in Nigeria. The option is to invite western countries army into this case but lets even take countries that has did the same and ask, did terrorism stop there ? hell no! instead the case worsen, i dont actually know if ppl see muslim as i see them? their mode of thinking is totally different from ordinary ppl. So Nigeria govt should never worry about dialogue! terrorism has come to stay! guys get it into your skulls

Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 27, 2012
shabbie:

Yes. If that is what the constitution/law recommends; then that is justice!
But you insisting it should be an eye-for-an-eye still, I like you Christ-like attitude mate. NOT!

You have thrown logic out of the window.

Christ Like  

Unlike ISLAM , in Christianity there is seperation of Church and State.

It is the state's duty to punish wrong doers , not mine. If the state does not perform it's duties efficiently , then we move into a stage of societal anarchy.

So , again, I say, the Boko Haram members who have blood stained hands, must be captured by the security apparatus of the state, tried and jailed if found guilty.

Why is this simple logic so difficult for you to grasp.

See what Sharia has done to your brain  grin grin grin
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by norrisman: 3:11pm On Jan 27, 2012
coogar:

there's a huge disconnect between what's written in your constitution and the reality on ground. i expect someone like you to know that.

nigeria is not a secular state. . . .if it is, a certain religious group would not attempt to impose their religious beliefs on 160 million nigerians. can you see such happening in the united states, the united kingdom or the other true secular states? no chance!

in nigeria, the secularity that is supposed to be unbiased and neutral has been severely compromised. there's no secularity in the political institutions and therefore it's unable to produce social capital among the citizenry. the secularism in nigeria is a liability instead of an asset that the constitution describes it to be.

in a nutshell, we are a multi-religious state.
anyone who believes otherwise is deluded.

This I agree with you 100%. We are secular by mouth alone. If laws like the one banning homosexuality are passed based on religious sentiments. I see no reason why some people can not ask to be governed by religious laws.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. / Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs / PSC Appoints Najatu Mohammed To Monitor Police Officers During Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.