Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies (25233 Views)

Murphy Afolabi In Car Accident: Nigerian Actor Escapes Death Road Crash[pics] / Jibola Dabo Attempted Suicide; How The Nigerian Actor Almost Killed Himself / Most Fluent English Speaking Nigerian Actor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies by MissyB3(f): 2:13pm On Jan 26, 2012

Popular actor, Olalekan Oladipupo a.k.a. Lekkinson is dead

P.M.News learnt that Oladipupo died yesterday at the Ladoke Akintola University Teaching Hospital, Osogbo, Osun State.
Investigations revealed that the man died of a heart related ailment.
His health was said to have relapsed yesterday and he was rushed to the hospital where he was confirmed dead at about 5.30 p.m.
The former president of Association of Theatre Arts Practitioners of Nigeria, ANTP, Prince Jide Kosoko and a one time Governor of the Lagos State Chapter of the Association, Rammy Shitta-Bey confirmed the death of the star actor.
Aged 50, the late Olalekan Oladipupo, a Muslim, may be buried today in Osogbo, Osun State.
Jide Kosoko described the death of Lekkinson as a colossal lost to the entertainment industry.
Lekkinson is the third actor Nollywood has lost in the last two weeks.
The two others are David Ihezie and Isaac Onuzzu.
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/01/26/star-actor-lekkinson-dies/?[url=http://utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PmNewsNigeria+%28PM+News+Nigeria%29] source [/url]

Sad!
Re: Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies by Kx: 2:15pm On Jan 26, 2012
Actor in Yoruba movies?
Re: Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies by omo9ja1(m): 2:36pm On Jan 26, 2012
sad news for nollywood again sad
Re: Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies by coogar: 2:38pm On Jan 26, 2012
fück no. . . . .i know this dude!
Re: Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies by trekkie: 2:39pm On Jan 26, 2012
pity! sympathy for his loved ones.
although never heard of him always a pity when someone relatively young dies.
who are david ihezie and onuzzu? don't know them the post says they also died in the last two weeks.
rip to all of them
Re: Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies by stepo707: 2:39pm On Jan 26, 2012
I know him too.RIP Lekkison
Re: Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies by garnetty(m): 2:43pm On Jan 26, 2012
Ina llilahi, wa ina ileihi rajihun. May his gentle soul rest in eternal peace.
Re: Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies by highland(m): 2:43pm On Jan 26, 2012
Rest in peace.
Re: Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies by shadrach77: 2:44pm On Jan 26, 2012
lekinson georgio amarni RIP cry cry cry cry
Re: Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 26, 2012
may his gentle soul rest in peace.
Re: Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies by Osama10(m): 2:55pm On Jan 26, 2012
Na wa oh, this life self.
Re: Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies by LEXYLOV: 2:59pm On Jan 26, 2012
Kx:

Actor in Yoruba movies?

Yes get that to your dumb skull. He is better like other actors we have in nollywood. Don't bring your tribal issue here. RIP BRO. May your gentle soul rest in perfect peace. cry
Re: Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies by ollybosieb: 3:02pm On Jan 26, 2012
RIP. Lekkinson. ORun re o!
Re: Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies by Skii(m): 3:05pm On Jan 26, 2012
May his soul rest in peace

Just a thought? Conspiracy theory infact,,,Whats up with all the deaths and near deaths of these nollywood folk of recent? The Grim Reaper collecting the returns on fame and fortune?
Re: Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 26, 2012
I hope this year is not gonna be like the 1st half of 2007, The worse of all death troll av seen in my life, I hope what happened early 2007 doesn't repeat itself this year,
Re: Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies by onyengbu: 3:11pm On Jan 26, 2012
LEXYLOV:

Yes get that to your dumb skull. He is better like other actors we have in nollywood. Don't bring your tribal issue here. RIP BRO. May your gentle soul rest in perfect peace. cry
I think you are over reacting grin
Re: Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies by ayandee: 3:24pm On Jan 26, 2012
RIP. One of his usual phrases 'nigbati mo wa ni Oklahoma'. He liked playing diasporan roles.
Re: Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies by ideylaff: 3:27pm On Jan 26, 2012
Good guy on stage, he was.

R.I.P.
Re: Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 26, 2012
Old guy in the industry. . . .RIP cry cry
Re: Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies by dammiecool(m): 3:29pm On Jan 26, 2012
ayandee:

RIP. One of his usual phrases 'nigbati mo wa ni Oklahoma'. He liked playing diasporan roles.

ni Kinshasha grin grin
Re: Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies by executinal(m): 3:35pm On Jan 26, 2012
r.i.p
Re: Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies by Pukkah: 3:40pm On Jan 26, 2012
Rest in peace Olalekan Oladipupo.

My respect remains constant for all those folks out there why try to make ends meet in spite of staggering odds. You were one of them. May the good Lord grant your loved ones the fortitude to bear the loss.

I advise that people of 40 years and above should exercise, take lots of fruits and vegetables while not forgetting to go for regular check-ups.  The pressure on the average Nigerian adult is high and life expectancy is worsening.
Re: Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies by Baawaa(m): 3:44pm On Jan 26, 2012
Rest In Peace Lekkison
Re: Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies by kizito96(m): 3:49pm On Jan 26, 2012
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies by silibaba: 3:50pm On Jan 26, 2012
dont know him, RIP bro sad sad
Re: Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies by Firefire(m): 3:50pm On Jan 26, 2012
rip.
Re: Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies by r231(m): 3:58pm On Jan 26, 2012
wow RIP
Re: Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 26, 2012
R.I.P gr8t man of oblogatita iyen ni india embarassed
Re: Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 26, 2012
the guy dey always travel around the globe in his movies
Re: Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies by Olalekan0(m): 4:08pm On Jan 26, 2012
Don't know if this dude ever travelled to all of those places he mentions in movies or he read about them,but what i do know is that this guy sure knows places! He must have read history in school going by how often he talks about obscure islands and islets and their rulers

RIP
Re: Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies by Lawalemi(m): 4:12pm On Jan 26, 2012
'Nigbati month wa ni Oklahoma, month gba ibe de Kinshasha kin to wa lo si Nepal', lovely dude RIP
Re: Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies by unclebros: 4:16pm On Jan 26, 2012
RIP Lekinson

I will always remember you for the way u mention names of places and countries when u act.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Davido Set For A Collabo With Chris Brown / Mohbad’s Widow Testifies Before Coroner, Recalls Singer’s Last Moments / FIFA Selects Juliet Ibrahim To Promote Women Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.