Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Plateau Govt Condemns Abubakar’s Appointment As Igp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plateau Govt Condemns Abubakar’s Appointment As Igp (779 Views)

Nigerians React To Amaechi's Appointment As Transport Minister (Pix) / FG Gazette Raises Questions Over Ali’s Appointment As Customs’ Comptroller-gen. / Photos Of Shekarau's Triumphant Entry To Kano After His Appointment As The Hon. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plateau Govt Condemns Abubakar’s Appointment As Igp by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 26, 2012
[b]Jos – The Plateau State Government has
condemned the appointment of Alhaji
Mohammed Abubakar as acting Inspector
General of Police, describing it as unfortunate. Chief of Staff, Government House Jos, Mr. Gyang
Pwajok in his reaction on Thursday said the
appointment was a big surprise considering
the fact that the state government sent a copy
of the white paper which indicted the acting
IGP and recommended his retirement to the Presidency. According to him, “Plateau State Government
did its best by coming out with the white paper
concerning the crisis in 2001. The president
recently said we should forward the paper
which we did. I wonder if that document has
been examined by the appropriate authority. This would have served as an opportunity for
the government to know about the character
of individuals concerning the crisis”. He said the implication of the appointment was
that someone who failed on a lower
assignment was being saddled with a higher
responsibility adding that the Justice Niki Tobi
Commission of Enquiry painstakingly
documented the roles played by individuals in the crisis and recommended the actions to be
taken in each case. The white paper had described Abubakar as a
religious bigot accusing him of playing an
ignoble role in the 2001 crisis when he was the
Commissioner of Police in Plateau State. The white paper read in part: “Religious
fanatics should not be posted to head state
police commands. The commission
recommends that for his ignoble role during
the September 2001 crisis which resulted in the
loss of lives, the former Commissioner of Police, Plateau State Command, Alhaji M.D. Abubakar,
be advised to retire from the Nigeria Police
Force and in the event of his refusal to do so, he
should be dismissed from the service.”[/b]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/plateau-govt-condemns-abubakars-appointment-as-igp/
Re: Plateau Govt Condemns Abubakar’s Appointment As Igp by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 26, 2012
Jonathan and confusion, synonymous.
Re: Plateau Govt Condemns Abubakar’s Appointment As Igp by 9jaIhail(m): 7:57pm On Jan 26, 2012
Fabulousnigga:

Jos – The Plateau State Government has
condemned the appointment of Alhaji
Mohammed Abubakar as acting Inspector
General of Police, describing it as unfortunate. Chief of Staff, Government House Jos, Mr. Gyang
Pwajok in his reaction on Thursday said the
[b]appointment was a big surprise considering
the fact that the state government sent a copy
of the white paper which indicted the acting
IGP and recommended his retirement to the Presidency. According to him, “Plateau State  Government
did its best by coming out with the white paper

concerning the crisis in 2001. The president
recently said we should forward the paper
which we did. I wonder if that document has
been examined by the appropriate authority. This would have served as an opportunity for
the government to know about the character
of individuals concerning the crisis”.
He said the implication of the appointment was
that someone who failed on a lower
assignment was being saddled with a higher
responsibility
adding that the Justice Niki Tobi
Commission of Enquiry painstakingly
documented the roles played by individuals in the crisis and recommended the actions to be
taken in each case. The white paper had described Abubakar as a
religious bigot accusing him of playing an
ignoble role in the 2001 crisis when he was the
Commissioner of Police in Plateau State. The white paper read in part: “Religious
fanatics should not be posted to head state

police commands. The commission
recommends that for his ignoble role during
the September 2001 crisis which resulted in the
loss of lives, the former Commissioner of Police, Plateau State Command, Alhaji M.D. Abubakar,
be advised to retire from the Nigeria Police
Force and in the event of his refusal to do so, he
should be dismissed from the service.”[/b]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/plateau-govt-condemns-abubakars-appointment-as-igp/

i use to be a pro GEJ but after reading this i really don't know if i will finally come to agree with opinion of  alhaji_haram and co over GEJ inactive nature.my question now is GEJ and his advisers are they fools. this new IG might easily help boko haram to roast this GEJ like yam.well i can't shout anymore my father said you don't need to force a sensible child to run out from hot sun,when the sun over shine him he will advice himself and this is a word for GEJ
Re: Plateau Govt Condemns Abubakar’s Appointment As Igp by Osama10(m): 7:59pm On Jan 26, 2012
Woe on to Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

O Foolish Nigerians. Where Are Your Guns?! / Traffic Gridlock In Lagos Caused By Ojukwu’s Lying-in-state! / King’s College Old Students Prepare For Ojukwu’s Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.