Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Boko Haram Leader Rules Out Negotiation With Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Leader Rules Out Negotiation With Government (765 Views)

Borno Sets Condition For Boko Haram Negotiation With FG - Vanguard / Ex-governor, Fashola Denies Fathering Twins With Government Worker / Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Leader Rules Out Negotiation With Government by ulonnaya21: 2:33pm On Jan 27, 2012
An audio message allegedly posted to the Internet by the leader of a radical Islamist sect in Nigeria threatened President Goodluck Jonathan and denied its members killed Muslim civilians in an attack last week that left at least 185 people dead.
The Associated Press reports that the video posted to YouTube, shows a still image of Imam Abubakar Shekau sitting on a beige sofa, a Kalashnikov rifle at his back.
Speaking at times in Arabic, English and the Hausa language of Nigeria's Muslim north, Shekau said negotiations suggested by President Goodluck Jonathan between the sect and the government will not happen.
"He's lying. He cannot do it," Shekau said. "If Jonathan does not repent as a Muslim, even if I die myself, Jonathan's going to see. He's looking at me like I'm nobody, but he'll see."
In the message, Shekau acknowledged that Boko Haram carried out the January 20 attacks in Kano, Nigeria's second-largest city that killed at least 185 people.
Gunmen from the sect armed with explosives and assault rifles, some wearing army and police uniforms, others suicide car bombers, attacked police stations, immigration offices and the local headquarters of Nigeria' secret police.
However, Shekau denied killing civilians in the attack, claiming the sect's gunmen tried to protect the more than nine million people who live in the important city in Nigeria's north.
"We're killing police officers, we're killing soldiers and other government people who are fighting Allah and Christians who are killing Muslims and talking badly about our Islamic religion," Shekau said. "I am not against anyone, but if Allah asks me to kill someone, I will kill him and I will enjoy killing him like I am killing a chicken," he said.

http://thejuristlaws..com/2012/01/boko-haram-leader-rules-out-negotiation.html
Re: Boko Haram Leader Rules Out Negotiation With Government by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 27, 2012
'I will enjoy killing him like I would enjoy killing a chicken'
Normal civilized people don't even enjoy killing chickens!
Oh Almighty Allah,end this country for they are despoiling your name and ruining our religion.
Re: Boko Haram Leader Rules Out Negotiation With Government by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 27, 2012
Ghe Ghe!!!! Ghe Ghe Ghe!!!

We are following the situation with keen interest cool.
Re: Boko Haram Leader Rules Out Negotiation With Government by Valon4ego(m): 4:41pm On Jan 27, 2012
Waiting for some die hard boko haram fans to come and justify this statement

(1) (Reply)

Video: Alex Jones - Exclusive: 'bin Laden Dead' Hoax Exposed! / Ocampo: “the World Bank President Should Be Selected On The Basis Of Merits” / Update Of Kebbi Re-run Gubernatorial Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.