Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,635 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

Golden Penny Noodles: A Disgrace To The Society (shocking) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Golden Penny Noodles: A Disgrace To The Society (shocking) (8676 Views)

They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake / Igbo Leaders A Disgrace – Etcetera / Davido Acts Rude, Disgrace Nigerian Music In Kenyan Concert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Golden Penny Noodles: A Disgrace To The Society (shocking) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 15, 2012
dabraska:
Mr man, some of us are not illiterates now. What does this post mean?
i was refering to what Lucarella said above my reply there. You have still not shown me where i called it pidgin language that you were correcting me and insulting my intelligence.
Re: Golden Penny Noodles: A Disgrace To The Society (shocking) by AlbertColeman: 7:45am On Sep 16, 2012
is the so-called english your mother tongue
u r just ill cultured.
Re: Golden Penny Noodles: A Disgrace To The Society (shocking) by Wonderdee(m): 10:10am On Sep 16, 2012
Mr. Op why do u see pidgin as a taboo for kids in a pidgin english program? Do you sincerely think perfectin the english of ur kids will put food on ur table? How many Nigerians have been recognised for being the best in spoken english? If the language used were to be a local dialect, would there hav been complains? For heaven's sake i've heard programs on radio they use french to air and nobody has complained about it. There is a time for everythin they say, pidgin is used wen needed and english is spoken wen needed. If it was an english program the kids would certainly have used proper english to express themselves. Stop complaining and learn to appreciate the pidgin english more. Like i and my frends would say "english no be our papa language"
Re: Golden Penny Noodles: A Disgrace To The Society (shocking) by ajiantochi(m): 10:10am On Sep 16, 2012
Oga lucarella, if to say Nigerians N̶̲̥̅̊Ơ̴̴͡ dey copy copy, na pidgin we 4 dey write 4 waec nt english sef.. E b like say U̶̲̥̅̊ jst wan spoil golden penny market, bt God pass U̶̲̥̅̊...
Re: Golden Penny Noodles: A Disgrace To The Society (shocking) by dabraska: 11:29am On Sep 16, 2012
Albert Coleman: is the so-called english your mother tongue
u r just ill cultured.
Then if its not your mother tongue, why speak it now? Hypocrite! Enrol your kids in Warri now, so that they can learn the 'mother-tongue'. Its people like you that spoil the country the more. Let Goodluck speak pidgin now, sebi its our mother tongue. Very Absurd! undecided undecided
Re: Golden Penny Noodles: A Disgrace To The Society (shocking) by lucarella: 11:38am On Sep 16, 2012
Wonder dee: Mr. Op why do u see pidgin as a taboo for kids in a pidgin english program? Do you sincerely think perfectin the english of ur kids will put food on ur table? How many Nigerians have been recognised for being the best in spoken english? If the language used were to be a local dialect, would there hav been complains? For heaven's sake i've heard programs on radio they use french to air and nobody has complained about it. There is a time for everythin they say, pidgin is used wen needed and english is spoken wen needed. If it was an english program the kids would certainly have used proper english to express themselves. Stop complaining and learn to appreciate the pidgin english more. Like i and my frends would say "english no be our papa language"
No sir, that wasn't what I meant. English is an International language. Pidgin is like an informal version of english and it is not a language. My point is, Since you won't like to speak it in a formal environment, why engage our kids in it? And bearing in mind that these kids are very young. They might not be able to speak good english again. It's undastandable for the adults because they can differentiate, but not for kids.
Re: Golden Penny Noodles: A Disgrace To The Society (shocking) by dabraska: 11:40am On Sep 16, 2012
lucarella:
No sir, that wasn't what I meant. English is an International language. Pidgin is like an informal version of english and it is not a language. My point is, Since you won't like to speak it in a formal environment, why engage our kids in it? And bearing in mind that these kids are very young. They might not be able to speak good english again. It's undastandable for the adults because they can differentiate, but not for kids.
You will live long! smiley
Re: Golden Penny Noodles: A Disgrace To The Society (shocking) by Tittos: 4:04pm On Sep 16, 2012
Any child that is less than 15 obviously had the permission of his or her parents or guardian before calling in,and someone is okay with his or her kid speaking pidgin English then let the child be..everyone has a different mindset towards things
Re: Golden Penny Noodles: A Disgrace To The Society (shocking) by dabraska: 11:57am On Sep 18, 2012
Tittos: Any child that is less than 15 obviously had the permission of his or her parents or guardian before calling in,and someone is okay with his or her kid speaking pidgin English then let the child be..everyone has a different mindset towards things
Even if the child had the permission of the parents, does that make it right? Did you learn pidgin at a very young age?
Re: Golden Penny Noodles: A Disgrace To The Society (shocking) by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 18, 2012
dabraska:
Even if the child had the permission of the parents, does that make it right? Did you learn pidgin at a very young age?
if their parents gave them permission then who are you to question it? is it a crime to speak pidgin? is it illegal? what is wrong with it/ for your information i SPOKE pidgin right from birth. in fact in my house we either use our language or pidgin to interact. but i did not fail English in WAEC. my highest score in JAMB was actually in ENGLISH. the reason people fail WAEC these days is because they are simply not studying their books not because they call in at a 15 minute pidgin English programme.
Re: Golden Penny Noodles: A Disgrace To The Society (shocking) by dabraska: 12:11pm On Sep 18, 2012
brokoto: if their parents gave them permission then who are you to question it? is it a crime to speak pidgin? is it illegal? what is wrong with it/ for your information i SPOKE pidgin right from birth. in fact in my house we either use our language or pidgin to interact. but i did not fail English in WAEC. my highest score in JAMB was actually in ENGLISH. the reason people fail WAEC these days is because they are simply not studying their books not because they call in at a 15 minute pidgin English programme.
hahahaha!!! Clown! Nice.. I might have to agree with you on that one. But it still has some effects. Pidgin english nearly ruined my own english. truth be told.
Re: Golden Penny Noodles: A Disgrace To The Society (shocking) by Wonderdee(m): 12:50pm On Sep 18, 2012
dabraska:
hahahaha!!! Clown! Nice.. I might have to agree with you on that one. But it still has some effects. Pidgin english nearly ruined my own english. truth be told.
na because u no sabi speak english u just dey force am come out for ur mouth. If Mrs. Jonathan dey speak pidgin then sombody dey translate we for no dey hear the heavy gbagaun we dey hear from her
Re: Golden Penny Noodles: A Disgrace To The Society (shocking) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 18, 2012
dabraska:
i hear you. but i still think say those Brand Focus people de over do. dem don go sanction Indomie for that dia TV advert? "mama e do good o, e do good. she give us Indomie, she do good. Indomie sweet well well. . ."
Re: Golden Penny Noodles: A Disgrace To The Society (shocking) by kach91: 12:32pm On Apr 20, 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stella Damasus To Mercy Johnson On Her Wedding / Cardi B And Her Husband Offset Gets A Whole Food Truck To Their House / Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.