Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. (4278 Views)

My Husband Refuses To Tell Me About His Secret "Woman" Friend / Her Husband Refuses To Eat Her Food For Up To 3 Weeks And She Doesn't Care / Cheating Husband Refuses Wife's Request For STD Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 30, 2012
We already have a son, but earlier today , I reached out to my Husband whose office is some blocks away from mine , and I let him know that I need him to urgently take me to hospital because. I am heavily pregnant. Uptil now as I speak, my husband never bothered to show up to pick me at the office. After informing him for over Three hours, I had to get on a commercial vehicle to get me to the hospital or the house. He only called twice and told me to go and lie down in the office. Please what do I do with such a person ? This action is scary and I am afraid for the future of this Marraige.
Re: My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. by Kx: 3:23pm On Jan 30, 2012
Is this a problem in any way?
Re: My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. by obowunmi(m): 3:49pm On Jan 30, 2012
My question is: did you both agree to have the next baby or did you just get pregnant ?

Quite sad that he hasn't come to support you: is he at work? Is this something that he thinks or assumes that you can handle on ur own?
Re: My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 30, 2012
He never wants to do anything for anybody, he is just a selfish man.
Re: My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. by okeymadu(m): 4:38pm On Jan 30, 2012
Sorry for that madam.

I think you should not make this an issue at all.

This is a Monday. From the way you sounded, it appears you can take care of the situation and he knows that.
If you can find your way to the hospital, even after three hours, you need not bother yourself with all the stress of thinking about his not responding.

I am not unaware of pregnant women moods swing stuff, but abeg, just hug your husband when he comes down to see you jare.

Enjoy.
Re: My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. by iice(f): 6:27pm On Jan 30, 2012
And his side of the story?
Re: My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. by Nobody: 12:06am On Feb 01, 2012
Smh @ women who make being an incubator the purpose of their life.
Re: My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. by freecocoa(f): 1:03am On Feb 01, 2012
OP There are women who make pregnancy look like being incapacitated,no offense to you but from your story,you sound like one,maybe your husband knows you use the pregnancy to seek unnecessary attention or something(I could be wrong though)anyways one can't just conclude without knowing if there's a problem between you two or if he's always been like that so try clarifying.
Re: My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. by Outstrip(f): 4:37am On Feb 01, 2012
What exactly did you need him for?
Re: My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. by Nobody: 9:21am On Feb 01, 2012
Were you in Labor? Were you bleeding? Or did you just need him to take you to the hospital? Pregnancy can be a very hard time on both us and our spouses. No vex my dear, sorry ehnn. I am sure the whole belle is just frustrating you and you just want the baby to come out already and it seems unfair that he has left you with this load and can go about his own normal business while you have to deal with so many issues. No vex ko madam, am sure he had a reasonable explanation. Calm down my darling
Re: My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. by youngboss1(m): 10:15am On Feb 01, 2012
There is really no problems here because na wetin una go chop e dey work nw. Ladies abeg sometimes understand guys,sometimes it could just be impossible for them and this office I guess e dey try make something happen
Re: My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. by zayhal(f): 1:15pm On Feb 01, 2012
You had an emergency, yet after 3hours you're still there waiting for your husband, and on top of that, can access the internet and come to nairaland to report him. Very funny. My dear, there was no emergency and your husband knows that, that's why he didn't show up. Maybe you've always called on him unnecessarily in the past and he's getting tired of the whole thing.
Re: My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. by mutter(f): 2:03pm On Feb 01, 2012
Funny.
Reminds me of the wolf, wolf story.
i hoe when you really go into labour that you are not left alone
Re: My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. by tpia5: 9:42pm On Feb 01, 2012
Its a bit hard to tell if he offended you or not, for want of a better expression.

Just calm down- things may not be as bad as they seem.

If indeed there's a problem, then remember him in prayer.
Re: My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. by maclatunji: 11:02pm On Feb 01, 2012
zayhal:

You had an emergency, yet after 3hours you're still there waiting for your husband, and on top of that, can access the internet and come to nairaland to report him. Very funny. My dear, there was no emergency and your husband knows that, that's why he didn't show up. Maybe you've always called on him unnecessarily in the past and he's getting tired of the whole thing.

OP, I wish you safe delivery- women!
Re: My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. by emmatok(m): 12:11am On Feb 02, 2012
maclatunji:

OP, I wish you safe delivery- women!

HA HA HA HA HA grin grin grin grin grin grin

Funny creatures indeed.
Re: My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. by moremi2008(m): 2:25am On Feb 02, 2012
Some days I just love Nairaland! See how my people saw through her story, sharp, sharp! grin grin grin

Did anybody notice that she didn't tell us where the commercial vehicle took her too: the hospital or the house. Which one is it? Did you write this update from your hospital bed or did the doctor discharge you? What was the doctor's verdict? Early labor? Too much fufu for lunch? Eh ya! Pele! grin grin grin grin
Re: My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. by Nobody: 6:04am On Feb 02, 2012
women and their raging hormones during pregnancy, oh lawd!

that following part is just cracking me up:

1acre:

After informing him for over Three hours, I had to get on a commercial vehicle to get me to the hospital or the house.
Re: My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. by obowunmi(m): 6:09am On Feb 02, 2012
Abeg make una free the babe joor!
Re: My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. by maclatunji: 9:51am On Feb 02, 2012
obowunmi:

Abeg make una free the babe joor!

OK
Re: My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 02, 2012
U guys common even if she want to complain how the baby is kicking her ribs its not a crime. He's her husband n spoze to b her best friend. Its somthing I can do, esp when pregnant cos little things get to u in a big way.

And to those ppl saying she has made being an incubator her life purpose. That's too harsh cos she said she was at work n this is her second not 8th child
Re: My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Feb 02, 2012
parisienne:

U guys common even if she want to complain how the baby is kicking her ribs its not a crime. He's her husband n spoze to b her best friend. Its somthing I can do, esp when pregnant cos little things get to u in a big way.

And to those ppl saying she has made being an incubator her life purpose. That's too harsh cos she said she was at work n this is her second not 8th child

My dear if her husband runs to her each time she has an "emergency" then he will be probably be out of a job soon and there will be no money to care for her and the baby> yes he is her best friend but he cant always be there especially on working days during working hours.
Re: My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. by Nobody: 1:46pm On Feb 02, 2012
@ debrief08: true
Re: My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. by queensmith: 1:50pm On Feb 02, 2012
do you not just love nigerians? the responses here are the reason im soo addicted to nl! chineke!

@zayhal- the woman is heavily pregnant. . . . . the husband is not. . . . . . thats all actually I have nothing more to add.

@op- you married this man. you deal with it. abi what do you want us to tell you? to pack your bags and leave him? you just run along and carry his baby while he ignores the fact you need attention.
Re: My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 02, 2012
So what's wrong with wanting a little attention while pregnant      undecided

If you ask me, the man's quite selfish. Even if she was being lazy, so? can't he just induge his heavily pregnant wife? Is that really too difficult for him to do?  undecided  undecided  undecided
Re: My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 02, 2012
tpia@:

Its a bit hard to tell if he offended you or not, for want of a better expression.

Just calm down- things may not be as bad as they seem.

If indeed there's a problem, then remember him in prayer.

shocked shocked shocked

undecided undecided undecided

Okay maybe someone hijacked her ID! undecided
Re: My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 02, 2012
Ujujoan:

So what's wrong with wanting a little attention while pregnant      undecided

If you ask me, the man's quite selfish. Even if she was being lazy, so? can't he just induge his heavily pregnant wife? Is that really too difficult for him to do?  undecided  undecided  undecided

Haba Uju, read where she said he called twice, na monday oh, na working hours oh, who knows how many of such emergencies he may have had to deal with before, the emergency breaks go finish before she born oh. Me too get belle oh and i know how frustrating it can be to watch him walking so unburdened while i deal with big belle, shapelessness, mood swings, cravings and reactions but haba when we dey house i fit do all dat one, make e dey constantly comot for office when real emergency no dey no be am na. He called her twice oh, it is not as if he totally ignored her.
Re: My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Feb 02, 2012
debrief08:

Haba Uju, read where she said he called twice, na monday oh, na working hours oh, who knows how many of such emergencies he may have had to deal with before, the emergency breaks go finish before she born oh. Me too get belle oh and i know how frustrating it can be to watch him walking so unburdened while i deal with big belle, shapelessness, mood swings, cravings and reactions but haba when we dey house i fit do all dat one, make e dey constantly comot for office when real emergency no dey no be am na. He called her twice oh, it is not as if he totally ignored her.

True, maybe she was a little bit selfish, but if u ask me, she's allowed to be. It's only for nine months!

Besided how do you determine 'real emergency'? Is it when the water breaks in the office?

I'm sure the poster wont be so offended if it werent for the way he handled the whole thing. He can say 'no' but it's how he said 'no' that matters. He told her to go and lie down in the office, imagine! Why didnt he just say 'honey I'm sorry, am a bit busy now; can you find your way, I'll meet you there'. Simple!
Re: My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 02, 2012
Ujujoan:

True, maybe she was a little bit selfish, but if u ask me, she's allowed to be. It's only for nine months!

Besided how do you determine 'real emergency'? Is it when the water breaks in the office?

I'm sure the poster wont be so offended if it werent for the way he handled the whole thing. He can say 'no' but it's how he said 'no' that matters. He told her to go and lie down in the office, imagine! Why didnt he just say 'honey I'm sorry, am a bit busy now; can you find your way, I'll meet you there'. Simple!
Uju what real emergency will allow you wait 3 hours in the office for your husband? I agree she should be indulged like all of us when pregnant but if he looses his job and has all d time to indulge her will that make finacial or real sense?
Re: My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 02, 2012
Besides we re here going back and forth the woman has not botheres to repost, her mood don come down, her husband don reach house rub her belle rub her leg she don kukuma forget say she post for nairaland oh

1 Like

Re: My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 02, 2012
Re: My Husband Refuses To Show Up At An Emergency Call And I Am Heavily Pregnant. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 02, 2012
debrief08:

Uju what real emergency will allow you wait 3 hours in the office for your husband? I agree she should be indulged like all of us when pregnant but if he looses his job and has all d time to indulge her will that make finacial or real sense?

How would he know if the 'emergency' is real, when he didnt bother to respond All I'm saying is that he could have handled it better . . . with a little more understanding and tact.

chaircover:

Awwwww I actually feel for the poster. Its not her, its the raging hormones and even if its her, it is her right jare grin na im own her husband and na d husband own am cheesy

Men please ejo sir abeg: pele lako o de labo. Even if you werent going to move an inch, there is a way that you wil pet your wife that she will be thinking that you as superman are right beside her wink

Hubby doesnt have to jump everytime but he can pet her. Afterall that is what you told our parents when you took us away and gave us your name grin

Madam this is not enough reason to be "afraid of any future of the marriage", ko to yen rara so lets ut things in perspective . . .but I forgive you; its the hormones wink

Thank you jare . . . you understand! cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman Pregnant For Her Step-son - Nawaoooooo / What Comes To Your Mind First Seeing This? (picture) / Where Can I Buy An Infant Car Seat In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.